Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

April 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....

Go down 
+2
Redhead Ember
Tymber
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Tymber

Tymber

April 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....  Empty
PostSubject: April 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....    April 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....  EmptyTue Apr 07, 2020 12:32 pm

April 2020 Grab Bag is a ... thing!

Stories, poetry, artwork, whatever your talent to share - must be ElfQuest themed - and may contain canon ElfQuest characters (Cutter, Leetah, Skywise, etc) or custom characters of your own (as long as it's in the "ElfQuest" universe).

Your submissions should include at least one of these things (for art), and at least 3 of the 5 for stories (but let's see you use all five!)

Stories can be as long as you want them to be.

The items for this month's grab bag are:

Den Hide
Dispute
Lack of time
Conflict
Disease

Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: April 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....    April 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....  EmptyTue Apr 07, 2020 8:47 pm

Elements are:
Den Hide
Dispute
Lack of time
Conflict
Disease

Once again - I return to Stonehowl stories. This was weird. Not touched these characters in five years.

All the stories are at that link.
But really, if you're all that interested - I have a Recap Section too. But honestly, none of that matters. I didn't look at the recaps - I remember some of the story (at least where the characters came from - if not the extensive story arcs). Honestly, it was five years ago - so I just kind of tell what's been going on (fast forward the story 2 years past the December 2015 grab bag, for the story). So you don't even need to know the other stories; I try to recap a little bit in this one.

A warm wind blew through the new home of Stonehowl mountain coming from the nearby eastern coast. The wind carried with it the scene of sea salt and seaweed as it blew gently across Shadow’s face. His jet black hair, for which he was named, waved in the wind as he looked and smiled at Stream and Buren. “Nothing surprises me anymore,” he said feeling at peace.

Foxhair, like her mate, was named after the animal due to the orange-red color of her hair. Her green eyes resembled that of a clever fox as well. She was watching their cub, Snowspring who was only nine seasons in age; but as feisty as both of them put together and giving Windfetcher a run for who would be the next chief.

“Stream has come a long way,” Foxhair said, “as a healer. She’s mended many wounds and now…”

“She’s given birth to a half human, half elf cub,” Shadow said.

It was true; the child of Stream and the young human, Buren, had the stockier build of a human; but had the slanted eyes and pointed ears of an elf.

“It’s no stranger than the stories we’ve heard that there was a mating between an elf and a troll that bore a half-elf-troll,” Shadow shrugged.

“I wonder if Stonecutter will be able to use magic when he gets older,” Foxhair asked.

Stonecutter was now two years old and already crawling around everywhere. He was far more curious than elven cubs were and louder too; much, much louder. Stream had healed wounds and diseases all of her life; even bringing Elves together through Recognition; all the while her own heart ached for Recognition which seemed to elude her despite the numerous other tribes of Elves that Shadow had led them through the world to encounter – and it wasn’t until the human son of a wildly vicious tribe of North Men that Stream would find love – after he betrayed his own people after a vicious conflict with the elves of Stonehowl. He’d been young, barely a man by human standards, at the age of eighteen seasons when they had first embraced for a night of passion beneath the furs. That night triggered a hunger in Stream that she could not sedate, thirsting to be in Buren’s embrace more and more each night, hiding in her den with him, leaving the young human tired, but pleasantly so.

Now that she’d bore a child, that passionate hunger seemed to be quelled – most nights. But there were nights that Buren, who was now hunting with Foxhair, Spearclaw, and Snowcloud, that he knew that once their infant child was asleep; he would be at the mercy of Stream’s passions.

Snowspring, the cub of Shadow and Foxhair, who was now nine seasons old, sat between her parents and looked at them both staring at the small clearing where the others had gathered. “What are you looking at?” she asked, curiously.

“Our tribe,” Shadow smiled. There’d been no humans since the North Men had fled to dispute with. Everyone seemed to be doing well and enjoying their lives. Spearclaw, who had come from the Pridewalkers tribe and had been coupling with Vineweaver and Stillbreeze, now seemed to have moved into his own cave and was getting frequent visits from Windfetcher, who was now eighteen seasons old, and had bloomed in the last two years into a beautiful woman. She had shapely hips, robust breasts and back side, that made her visually appealing to behold. She knew she was beautiful with her long auburn hair whose curls bounced like the rest of her body when she walked. Shadow suspected that Windfetcher had caught Spearclaw’s eye, and that’s why he’d moved out, because it would have been awkward laying with her mother, then her daughter. But if there was one thing that Shadow learned about the Pridewalkers was that they laid with any elf, once old enough. There was no lack of time when it came to the Pridewalkers.

Since growing up to be more woman, Windfetcher seemed to care less and less about being the next Chieftess, and more about exploring her body and rolling in the furs, which is what Shadow suspected, Spearclaw provided. This did nothing to Vineweaver and Stillbreeze, who had been Recognized mates for a long time, and the parents of Echo and Windfetcher. If anything, perhaps due to the time they shared with Spearclaw, they knew what he was like and trusted him with their daughter; or simply knew that Windfetcher, though she cared little now for being Chieftess, was still very capiable of taking care of herself and could put Spearclaw in his place if she needed to.

Snowcloud, who also one of the Pridewalkers that had followed Shadow was different; she was more quiet, reserved. She and the reclusive Echo seemed to be getting on more now that he had also turned eighteen seasons of age; though their relationship seemed to be more about him talking to her about the magic of the world; while she shared with him the long history of the Pridewalkers – the two of them developing what seemed to be a platonic relationship.

REGULAR SURVIVING STONE HOWL:
All the stories are at that link.
But really, if you're all that interested - I have a Recap Section too. But honestly, none of that matters. I didn't look at the recaps - I remember some of the story (at least where the characters came from - if not the extensive story arcs). Honestly, it was five years ago - so I just kind of tell what's been going on (fast forward the story 2 years past the December 2015 grab bag, for the story). So you don't even need to know the other stories; I try to recap a little bit in this one.

• Shadow (Male Soul Name: Tyru) – Black Hair, Tanned, Green Eyes (Elder brother to Purespring, Chief)
• Foxhair (Female Soul Name: Loun) – Red Hair, Green Eyes (Hunter)
• Snowspring (Female, Soul Name: Tylo – Black Hair, Green Eyes) – Nine years old. Daughter of Shadow and Foxhair.
• Spearclaw (Male, Soul name: Lren) – Brown Hair, Green Eyes (Scout)
• Vineweaver (Male Soul Name: Reyk) – Auburn Hair, Blue Eyes (Tree shaper, Soul Mate of Stillbreeze, Plant Shaper)
• Stillbreeze (Female Soul Name: Hewl) – Brown Hair, Brown Eyes (Soul Mate of Vineweaver, Tanner)
• Echo (Male Soul Name: Ayav) – Brown Hair, Green Eyes (Cub of Stillbreeze & Vineweaver, Magic)- About eighteen years old.
• Windfetcher (Female Soul Name: Burm) – Auburn Hair, Brown Eyes (Cub of Stillbreeze & Vineweaver, Next Potential Chief… If She Has Her Way!) – About eighteen years old
• Snowcloud (Female, Soul Name: Mill) – White Hair, Green Eyes (based off white lions)
• Stream (Female Soul Name: Vree) – Red Hair, Green Eyes (Healer)
• Buren (Human, Brown hair, hazel eyes) – About 20 years old in human years
• Stonecutter (half elf/half human, son of Stream and Buren – brown hair, green eyes) – About two years old

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: April 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....    April 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....  EmptyWed Apr 08, 2020 10:05 am

Question: Could you argue that conflict and dispute are sort of... the same?

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: April 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....    April 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....  EmptyWed Apr 08, 2020 10:48 am

It can be the same, Redhead. It can be different as well, Redhead ... like
- one having a dispute with an "in-mate"
- another solving an old conflict ^^

You know that I was grinning permanently the last 24 hours, Tymber? Blackfell
And you were fast as always. Made my day to see Stonehowl Holt back! Very Happy I've kind of dropped out four yers ago ... still kept myself informed far enough to keep a hazy notion of the ongoing story. Now I'm happy to read the names of good old friends, a favorite newcomer and a most unlikely couple again. Even more - there's a new cub.
Purespring is a surprise on list - havn't expected her "comeback"! Shocked Now I'll have to read back to catch up. Shhhh... don't tell me - in fact I WANT to read back!
And I want to follow and contribute again ... though for now it's EasterEggQuest claiming my attention.

Speaking of EEQ - I don't know whether you've ever received your gift egg from the 2016 hunt. Therefore (totally off topic):
April 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....  2016_t13 - for Tymber ... your favorite huntress in midnight pyrite

Last edited by Embala on Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: April 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....    April 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....  EmptyThu Apr 09, 2020 10:25 am

And, just like that, my ultra-short and somewhat cryptic poetry is back. (Though I think this one should still be pretty clear)

Mountain’s Fall

Broken den hide
reveal a dispute;
disease within a mountain,
lack of time becomes apparent
when conflict cause mountain tumbling.

Back to top Go down
Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: April 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....    April 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....  EmptyThu Apr 09, 2020 4:30 pm

Embala wrote:

You know that I was grinning permanently the last 24 hours, Tymber? Blackfell

Because of the story? Smile

Embala wrote:

And you were fast as always. Made my day to see Stonehowl Holt back! Very Happy I've kind of dropped out four yers ago ... still kept myself informed far enough to keep a hazy notion of the ongoing story. Now I'm happy to read the names of good old friends, a favorite newcomer and a most unlikely couple again. Even more - there's a new cub.

I couldn't even remember most of the "details" - I remember the character names, and what tribes they'd come from. But most of the details of all the Grab Bags has long since been lost (from my mind). I have a synopsis page, but I didn't even read that when I wrote the above. I just remember it ended with a fight with Buren's father (North Men).

Embala wrote:

Purespring is a surprise on list - havn't expected her "comeback"! Shocked Now I'll have to read back to catch up. Shhhh... don't tell me - in fact I WANT to read back!

Heh, I think you misread. Purespring is only mentioned in the note about who Shadow is. However, Snowspring is there (cub of Shadow and Foxhair - and her name is a nod to Shadow's sister, Purespring).

Embala wrote:

Speaking of EEQ - I don't know whether you've ever received your gift egg from the 2016 hunt. Therefore (totally off topic):
April 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....  2016_t13 - for Tymber ... your favorite huntress in midnight pyrite

Thank you! I am still madly in love with Nightfall. <3

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: April 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....    April 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....  EmptyThu Apr 09, 2020 6:02 pm

Yes, great, there are already 2 entries in the grab bag and it isn`t even half of the month passed.
A poem and a story with an elf-human hybrid. Let's see what else comes in there.

April 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....  Courts12April 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....  Rayhan26April 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....  Rayhan27April 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....  Scree165  
playing with Hero Forge
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: April 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....    April 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....  EmptyThu Apr 09, 2020 6:12 pm

Great minds think alike, Redhead ^^ ... actually I've thought about Blue Mountain and the Gliders, too. Though in other context and not in first respect.

Your setting and time frame are quite obvious this time ...
- the broken den hide by Skywise
- the dispute ... must still figure out what exactly you aim for (maybe reread)
- the disease - Winnowill's growing madness or the general lethargy and barrenness
- the need to leave the twisted mountain FAST and Skywise running ot of breath
- and finally the fall
I cannot promise a collage - less fast success but I'll try to come up with something related to your poem!

DEN HIDE!

The Big Disease slows down hunt and chores.
Chiefs and healers quarrel and struggle
for the best way to protect their tribes.
Den Hide! they say.

Listen and obey or it will be too late to save lives.
In Newgreen we want to dance and touch,
want celebrate sun, air, flowers and new life.
Den hide we must.

I turn inside and see another greengrowing place.
More tribemates show up and gather
around the howl fires of the Father Tree.
Here we celebrate and dance, send and touch.

GOING OUT!

... well - it IS ElfQuest related. ^^

Last edited by Embala on Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:44 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kojiyumi

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: April 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....    April 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....  EmptyThu Apr 09, 2020 6:40 pm

Very nice and very poignant, Em!

April 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....  Sig10
*✲゚*。✧KOJIYUMI✧。*✲゚*

ණ⃛(ᵒ͈̑ᴗ̂ᵒ͈̑ )” Getting stuff done at the speed of smell! ─=≡Σ((( つ•̀ω•́)つ

April 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....  Sigimage
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: April 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....    April 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....  EmptyThu Apr 09, 2020 8:02 pm

That was entry 3 and I have finished entry 4.
Den Hide
Dispute
Lack of time
Conflict
Disease

the most difficult theme was: lack of time, the rest fitted fantastic into my idea:
April 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....  Chadye10Eggie found
Yeee was very naughty and Chad placed house arrest on her so that she could not endanger the newborn Ortega by careless swimming in the sea.

Last edited by Yeee on Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: April 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....    April 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....  EmptyFri Apr 10, 2020 2:40 am

Embala wrote:
- the dispute ... must still figure out what exactly you aim for (maybe reread)

You know my poetry shouldn't be taken literally.

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: April 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....    April 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....  EmptyFri Apr 10, 2020 4:55 pm

It can always be Aroree or the general ongoings in Blue Mountain ... I just need to make up my mind what's the best interpretation for me.
Unless you decide - against your usual habit - to explain your thoughts, Redhead. ^^

Oh dear! A matured Chad ... even more grumpy Yeee - and an adorable tiny seababy Ortega! What a trio. Four of the elements are obvious ... and I can see the disease. Poor Chad still has a problem. Funny side note - the sea bunny found a questionable new habitat. Yeee turned out amazing - you've managed to make her look motherly and like a pouting child at the same time. Her mertail is awesome! Didn't know pod babies are born with a mertail! Chad's pose and look matches Yeee's awesomeness!
Great contribution, Yeee!

Last edited by Embala on Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: April 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....    April 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....  EmptyFri Apr 10, 2020 6:24 pm

Thanx a lot Em. It was fun doing it and fitting for the Easter theme also with the few days old newborn (egg). yes the merbabies are born with the tail in the sea. That's why Chad got so angry that he couldn't be there at birth far from the shore. On land, the babies switch their fish tail to legs and back to the fish tail, just as they feel. They just lay around anyway and can't use their legs to walk.

"you've managed to make her look matherly and like a pouting child at the same time."
Fine, that`s exactly how I wanted her to look like. She is very young at that time, a slight bit elder than Cutter at his recognition ( approx 14- 18 years older)

"and I can see the disease. Poor Chad still has a problem."
lol! I haven`t seen that, but you are right. I had the disease in the mention: "you are a pest" but hanging on alcohol is also an illness. And Yeee brought him to that, she is soooo wicked.

"the sea bunny found a questionable new habitat."
Oh no no no noooo! Yeee would never drown our dear SBUEF sea pal in rum, the bottle was empty (Chad drank the bottle in just one evening, then when Ortega was born.) , got rinsed out and refilled with finest pure fresh salt water.

April 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....  Courts12April 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....  Rayhan26April 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....  Rayhan27April 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....  Scree165  
playing with Hero Forge
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: April 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....    April 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....  EmptySun Apr 26, 2020 5:55 pm

Moonlights contribution:
It is 8 plus 8 years later after my grab bag situation: Again it is den hide (Chad is pissed again, that Yeee wants to run to the shore and vanish into the sea.
April 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....  Moonli14
I will translate the comic strip:
2nd panel: parents dispute . Yeee: "I want to go into the sea!" , Chad:" No, you stay here!"
3: Yeee: "I want to go into the sea! I want! I want!", Moonlight thinks: "Always those adults!"
5. panel: Chad: "You stay here!"
8. panel: Yeee:" You are the pest!"
9. panel: Chad: "You too"
10. panel: 16 years old Ortega: "Give...ME...that!" (always the hungry teenager)
11. panel: Yeee yells in the background: "...but I will go to the sea!!!" , Moonlight screams:"I want to have it!!!", Ortega yells back: "No, I want!!!

She has Dispute, disease, Den Hide, Moonlight lacked the time to fetch the chicken meal and there was a lot of conflicts, LOL lol!
That was her first Elfquest comic.
Back to top Go down
Kojiyumi

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: April 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....    April 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....  EmptySun May 10, 2020 4:01 pm

I derailed. I don't think I'm gonna finish this one. .-.

April 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....  Sig10
*✲゚*。✧KOJIYUMI✧。*✲゚*

ණ⃛(ᵒ͈̑ᴗ̂ᵒ͈̑ )” Getting stuff done at the speed of smell! ─=≡Σ((( つ•̀ω•́)つ

April 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....  Sigimage
Back to top Go down
Outlier

Outlier

PostSubject: Re: April 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....    April 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....  EmptyMon Aug 03, 2020 6:26 pm

Been a really long time since I contributed to one of these, but trying to use this quarantine time to get back into writing. This was an exercise in just sitting down and writing for 30 minutes or so, so not much of a story, really. Involves two characters I created before; Brightfeather and her daughter Riversong.

Den Hide
Dispute
Lack of time
Conflict
Disease

“Shut your yap!”

Brightfeather turned away from the den mouth where she had spent a good while watching the monotonous drizzle as it pounded the landscape outside, washing all the colors into a muted grey-green mush. Still, the air was fresh and her skin retained a coolness that balanced the heat she felt as she turned to face an indignant Stormlight.

“I was merely asking if there was something she could do.”

Brightfeather blew a snort of disbelief. Stormlight never “merely” did anything. Brightfeather wasn’t sure what the younger elf’s problem was, but there didn’t seem to be anything Stormlight didn’t face by running into it headlong. How their gentle chief Tanner had ended up mated to the high-strung youth was something Brightfeather would never understand.

The thought made Brightfeather calm down a little. With the disease afflicting Stormlight and Tanner’s young daughter, it made sense that Stormlight should be a little more abrasive than usual.

It has started with a little cough running through the confined tribe, but it had worsened to a rattling breath and trouble breathing for the worst afflicted, Stormlight’s cub among them. Owl had brought their memories back to a similar contagion infecting their tribe way back when Tanner himself was just a cub. Tanner’s own mother had succumbed to it. Something about the water caused the elves to sicken and die.

Which was a problem at the moment. Once again, the humans had decided to range close to the Wolfrider’s current home, and recent conflicts had necessitated the tribe hiding in their dens, most of the time relying on the water seeping through the walls and collecting in little pools to relieve their thirst. At least until the sickness had come. There were small forays to collect water from the stream, but it had been so befouled of late by the humans and their herd animals that several elf parties had almost been discovered during the long trek to where the water still ran clear.

Luckily, with this rain, they had an alternate source of water for a while, and some elves were recovering, but how long could that last? Now, Tanner and some others were out scouting a new denning area, leaving the rest of the tribe to deal with his quarrelsome mate.

And now, Stormlight had turned her aggression toward Brightfeather’s own daughter. Riversong had lately come into her powers as a water-shaper, and no one, including Riversong, knew quite what her new powers were capable of. Stormlight seemed to think that Riversong should be able to clean the water of its contagion.

Riversong’s eyes were apologetic as she looked between Stormlight and her mother. “I’ve tried. I don’t know how.”

Brightfeather saw Stormlight’s lip curl and knew some hurtful comment was forming on the elf’s tongue. She did not allow Stormlight the breath to give it life. “Leave my daughter alone, and see to your own.”

She didn’t wait to see Stormlight’s reaction before turning back to the rain.

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: April 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....    April 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....  EmptyTue Aug 04, 2020 1:12 am

Outlier wrote:

Been a really long time since I contributed to one of these, but trying to use this quarantine time to get back into writing. This was an exercise in just sitting down and writing for 30 minutes or so, so not much of a story, really.

This is perfect! This exactly what I do with these. I sit down, give myself an hour (including breaks, so if I stop to drink soda for 15 minutes, googling who knows what - that counts into the hour and gives me only 45 minutes). It's a wonderful way of just "brain dumping" and not allowing yourself to over think concepts. Just write and get it out! Please continue to do this and I will continue to read and comment!

Outlier wrote:

Involves two characters I created before; Brightfeather and her daughter Riversong.

Just going to ask - do you have stories of them on here? Are they tied together? The stories, not the characters! Very Happy

Outlier wrote:

Brightfeather turned away from the den mouth where she had spent a good while watching the monotonous drizzle as it pounded the landscape outside, washing all the colors into a muted grey-green mush.

This amount of detail is a perfect opening. I'd even drop the "Shut your yap!" part before this - and start with this line. Because it immediately paints a visual and yanks the reader in! I loved this!

Outlier wrote:

Brightfeather blew a snort of disbelief. Stormlight never “merely” did anything. Brightfeather wasn’t sure what the younger elf’s problem was, but there didn’t seem to be anything Stormlight didn’t face by running into it headlong. How their gentle chief Tanner had ended up mated to the high-strung youth was something Brightfeather would never understand.

I am unfamiliar with the characters, but you've already made their relationship known to the readers within the next few paragraphs with the above. Excellent.

Outlier wrote:

It has started with a little cough running through the confined tribe, but it had worsened to a rattling breath and trouble breathing for the worst afflicted, Stormlight’s cub among them. Owl had brought their memories back to a similar contagion infecting their tribe way back when Tanner himself was just a cub. Tanner’s own mother had succumbed to it. Something about the water caused the elves to sicken and die.

Any intentional relation (the cough) to Corona Virus intended?

Outlier wrote:

Brightfeather saw Stormlight’s lip curl and knew some hurtful comment was forming on the elf’s tongue. She did not allow Stormlight the breath to give it life. “Leave my daughter alone, and see to your own.”

Another powerful, well written line!

I hope you keep doing these. You definitely have a talent for the written art.

Outlier

Outlier

PostSubject: Re: April 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....    April 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....  EmptyTue Aug 04, 2020 2:13 pm

Thanks! I will definitely try to do more, and hopefully have some comments to give to others, as well.

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: April 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....    April 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....  EmptyTue Aug 04, 2020 2:44 pm

Outlier wrote:
Thanks! I will definitely try to do more, and hopefully have some comments to give to others, as well.

Just keep feeding your creativity!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: April 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....    April 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....  Empty

Back to top Go down

April 2020 "Grab bag" stories/poetry/art/etc....
Page 1 of 1