Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out...

Go down 
+13
Prayer
Trollbabe
Vaeri
LurkingCat
IceTooth
Lunakat
Leanan
Miss Gillespie
jaRf
Yeee
TrollHammer
Embala
Tymber
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Tymber

Tymber

Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out...   Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out... - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 28, 2021 1:21 pm

Lunakat wrote:
Say... not to get off track, but is Stargazer’s Hunt striking anyone else as an exploration of ptsd and depression? It’s so very 2020. Like hindsight.

Wouldn't they have just been locked in the Palace? All the other places to go, closed down. tongue

Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out...   Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out... - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 28, 2021 2:17 pm

Tymber wrote:
Lunakat wrote:
Say... not to get off track, but is Stargazer’s Hunt striking anyone else as an exploration of ptsd and depression? It’s so very 2020. Like hindsight.

Wouldn't they have just been locked in the Palace? All the other places to go, closed down. tongue

Only Skywise leaves his planet— and look where he ends up

TrollHammer

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out...   Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out... - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 28, 2021 3:17 pm

Lunakat wrote:
Tymber wrote:
Lunakat wrote:

Only Skywise leaves his planet— and look where he ends up

Hey, it was just following my state governor's preferred guidelines: Social distancing of 6ft, and a face covering that covers as much as possible to be worn as much as possible. His pod is greater than 12ft in diameter and the web covers him completely, he is light-years away from anyone else, and since all the restaurants are closed, he has no where to go but 'for a drive'. It's completely the perfect example of following social distancing guidelines...

But it still wouldn't be enough for certain people...
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out...   Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out... - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 28, 2021 9:54 pm

He ends up in a place where everyone has to wear a mask and gets sick if they don’t

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out...   Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out... - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2021 7:49 am

@Miss Gillespie:
"And @Yeee, "ass-creeping" is such a Denglish expression!"

OMG, yes! Of course, oh sorrysorry, ashamed Razz .Yeah, that's what comes out of it when you just put the german everyday language in the translator . lol!

"Skywises cum-face"
LOOOOOL!

Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out... - Page 2 Courts12Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out... - Page 2 Rayhan26Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out... - Page 2 Rayhan27Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out... - Page 2 Scree165  
playing with Hero Forge
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out...   Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out... - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2021 4:54 pm

I actually was just talking about the fuckedupedness of the year and the depressing events of the story. But when I thought more about it— he DOES end up in a world of facemasks after drifting through some kind of quarantine.

Say... has anyone else noticed that “Stargazer’s Hunt” is kind of like an elf version of “Finding Dory”?
(Forgive me. I hang out all day with a three year old.)

IceTooth

IceTooth

Scorpio Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out...   Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out... - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2021 11:47 pm

Strange yet somehow predictable news. As mentioned previously I haven't been all that interested in the new series so I just read the comics online and forget about them. But the last issue had me moderately curious where things were going but now...meh. I'll probably be completely disinterested in another year.

Not to be negative, but they can take their teasers and shove them up their butts. Laughing
Back to top Go down
TrollHammer

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out...   Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out... - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2021 11:18 pm

Actually, I now wonder how much the hiatus is going to impact readership. I hadnt thought about it, challed it up to "its covid, it doesnt have to make sense" and understand things happen. But...

Theres ankther fiction Im a fan of that has adopted "mid-season breaks" as thier standard operation proceedure. At first it made sense because the season was broken by Christmas and I can see viewership going down over the holidays, but this season I didnt go back to watch the rest of the series. Just forgot about it since the weekly episode rhythm was broken (and Im still not sure when it was supposed to go back up, its usually a couple months). Thinking back on it, all of the series they have done for the last three years or so have been broken mid season, and each one has suffered. Two out of the three series I watched of their got cancelled after adopting this mid season break, the current one that is still going just has enough fan base to survive by brute force I believe. Discontinuity isnt good for survival, it would seem.

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out...   Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out... - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 05, 2021 7:02 am

What teaser?

Last edited by Lunakat on Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnbYyTlz1Tw
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out...   Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out... - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 05, 2021 7:03 am

Yeee wrote:
@Miss Gillespie:
"And @Yeee, "ass-creeping" is such a Denglish expression!"

OMG, yes! Of course, oh sorrysorry, ashamed Razz .Yeah, that's what comes out of it when you just put the german everyday language in the translator .  lol!

"Skywises cum-face"
LOOOOOL!

Shocked

Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out...   Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out... - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 05, 2021 8:35 pm

Lunakat wrote:
What teaser?

The Skywise image is a "teaser" - they're gonna release "teaser" images like that until the book comes out next year.......

Super exciting right?

TrollHammer

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out...   Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out... - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 07, 2021 1:18 pm

Maybe its going to be the teaser for Final Quest... We find out Skywise's soul is Timmain all along, too?

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out...   Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out... - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 07, 2021 3:13 pm

My prediction: Skywise sees Cutter again (in some way, shape or form) and finally has his second orgasm since leaving the Wo2M.

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out...   Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out... - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 07, 2021 6:06 pm

that would explain his cum-face, looooool lol!

Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out... - Page 2 Courts12Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out... - Page 2 Rayhan26Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out... - Page 2 Rayhan27Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out... - Page 2 Scree165  
playing with Hero Forge
Back to top Go down
Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out...   Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out... - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2021 6:41 am

the expression also perfectly encapsules the readers' feelings

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out...   Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out... - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2021 10:36 am

I don't think I've felt that way since I candy-flipped at at an all-night rave in my 20s with the biggest crush of my life.  Don't get me wrong... I like Elfquest. But this story is not sending me to quite that place.

LurkingCat

LurkingCat

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out...   Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out... - Page 2 EmptyFri May 07, 2021 12:10 pm

Skywise face expression is just weird. The teaser is from the preview cover of issue 5 at the end of issue 4.

The preview text said:
"How do you go on a hunt when you don't know what you're searching for? That has been the obstacle facing Skywise the stargazer as he hurtles through endless space. But then, on a world that at first appears to be dead and lifeless, he discovers the answer to a question that has intrigued the elves - and readers alike - for years..." (Stargazers Hunt #4)

The blurb suggest at least, that it is not a fabulous Jink-centric issue... but we will see in 2022... pale

What question intrigued us readers and the elves for years?

Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out...   Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out... - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 09, 2021 12:19 pm

We have sample pages from the book at Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/ElfQuest-Stargazers-Hunt-Wendy-Pini/dp/1506721419?dchild=1&keywords=stargazer%27s%20hunt&qid=1631140953&sr=8-8&linkCode=sl1&tag=natgee-20&linkId=ece9f960f95f4f4c941535ff98460c3d&language=en_US&ref_=as_li_ss_tl&fbclid=IwAR3QgmLJvx47uLrnvNIVVCbzug6sEBRqXeWsrmJyAd1217cWMJdsLc8rR74

Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out...   Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out... - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 09, 2021 1:00 pm

Hmmm....well it's weird to have worshipful cultured trolls from what we've had FOR DECADES up to this point. Jink does find Skywise. And now we're at a historical point pf archeologists and airplanes. I swear that's Shuna in the very last panel but i could be wrong. And now the elves are gone, bringing us to the Jink series.

That's just my first impression.
Back to top Go down
Leanan

Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out...   Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out... - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 09, 2021 3:29 pm

Just to clarify: you think this is Shuna?

Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out... - Page 2 Shus

(the very last panel shows the tree)

I'm surprised by Par Tolfsson. Such a Scandinavian name, for an Abodean?

Back to top Go down
Leanan

Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out...   Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out... - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 09, 2021 4:07 pm

Par Tolffson! I did think it sounded familiar. I have a facebook friend called Par Tolffson (two f's, one s). I don't know much about him other than he's an ElfQuest fan. But how did he end up in the comic? Shocked

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out...   Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out... - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 09, 2021 4:38 pm

Quote :
But how did he end up in the comic? Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out... - Page 2 Icon_eek
I can tell you, @Leanan - new old EQ for you to read Very Happy
Proof Positive Part 1
Proof Positive Part 2

I had only a moments to take a first glimpse ... seeing a Troll society with a "Masque of Red Death" vibe  - and Indiana Jones! ^^

Thanks for sharing, Leanan - I will have a closer look at the preview asap Very Happy

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out...   Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out... - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 09, 2021 5:57 pm

Yes, from me a thanx for sharing, too!
I am not so thrilled by what I see. But I like those other world trolls. Somehow they remind me of our german "Gartenzwerge" Garden gnomes, lol. All they need is red pointed hats. I don't really like garden gnomes, but these are kind of nice.

playing with Hero Forge
Back to top Go down
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out...   Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out... - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 09, 2021 11:53 pm

We Trolls have almost always had our "cultured" folk, the social equivalent of Savah and Lord Voll, as well as our ruffians and our slack-jawed cretins.

Those Trolls who actually risk exposure to Elves, Humans and enemy Trolls, in order to achieve seemingly impossible goals, are usually the Drubs and the Picknoses.  The elegant, mild-mannered types aren't out where you can see them.

In contrast, history always illustrates trailblazers and the war heroes to fit children's textbooks.  They are portrayed gentlefolk with elegant speech and manners, who slay three or four dragons, dust themselves off with lace handkerchiefs and then sit down to high tea.

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out...   Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out... - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2021 5:17 am

A big thank you from me, too, Leanan!

Haha, I can see the garden gnomes/Gartenzwerge as well. Laughing I am fond of how the new newly discovered trolls are portrayed. It is great that Wendy places a highlight on them  as they definitely have more qualities, variety, culture and depth to them  Drinking  (despite how they are usually portrayed in high fantasy comics or novels!)...

The rest plus the 'Indiana Jones guy' didn't speak to me...yet...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out...   Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Stargazer's Hunt 5, 6 and 7 and 8 to come out...
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next