Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ElfQuest - The Audio Movie?

Go down 
+10
Miss Gillespie
Vaeri
jaRf
TrollHammer
Yeee
Lunakat
Leanan
Embala
Kojiyumi
Tymber
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

ElfQuest - The Audio Movie? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ElfQuest - The Audio Movie?   ElfQuest - The Audio Movie? - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2021 4:47 pm

I like that you keep us informed, jaRf! Very Happy Thank you!

jaRf

jaRf

PostSubject: Re: ElfQuest - The Audio Movie?   ElfQuest - The Audio Movie? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 24, 2022 4:47 pm

Update: Had the chance to listen to the first episode (at least partially, it was very late here) last weekend. It sounded interesting. I was tired and can't really judge nor compare it to the stuff I am used to (here we do have a lot of professional speakers, since we also translate and re-voice all sorts of movies and stuff), but so far it was pretty fine. Of course, you never really have a voice match for everyone from what is in your imagination. So maybe some characters will sound a little different form what one would have in mind. But that's a typical problem for all artists that bring written matters to a new level of perception (listening, artwork of purely written characters e.g. depictions of Legolas from LotR).
But there was additional music and several sound effects. And one could follow the story - but then, I know the story already, so maybe I am not a good judge. Purely listening is a different matter than having a comic that just uses one image to tell you how dark and scary the cave might look.

They'll release more episodes over time (monthly iirc.) for the backers, so next might be Sun Village... well, you know what that means. Wink Rayek
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: ElfQuest - The Audio Movie?   ElfQuest - The Audio Movie? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 24, 2022 5:24 pm

Thank you for keeping us informed and for your personal thought, jaRf!

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: ElfQuest - The Audio Movie?   ElfQuest - The Audio Movie? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 24, 2022 6:02 pm

Next time it will be for your delight, jaRf! Very Happy YAY! So you can await it with tension, wow.
Tell us then how you felt and all that , when you heard Rayeks voice. bounce

manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: ElfQuest - The Audio Movie?   ElfQuest - The Audio Movie? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2022 1:40 pm

So we've now finished the Audio movie. It will be released as a podcast on September 1st and free for all!

My thoughts:

EXCELLENT. The music and sound effects working together with the dialog, the top-notch voice acting, the total geek joy of having Amber Benson (Tara from "BtVS"), Robert Pircardo (The Doctor from ST:Voy) and Tim Russ (Tuvok from ST:Voy) in the cast... Not to mention the absolute joy of being able to talk and geek-out with the audience in the chat while we're all listening together! And the after-show chats with the actors... It actually EXCEEDED my dreams of what it would be like to have an EQ movie.

Pun Bandhu, Rayek's voice actor, has my devotion for LIFE. I was afraid he'd just chew the scenery and be the kind of "original love interest" that makes you question the heroine's intelligence but he brought so much nuance to the part. And the thoughts he shared with us afterwards showed me how much he gets the character and how much our view of him matches. He's one of the actors who was an EQ fan even before the movie but his favorite was Skywise. Pun said as he read the story again he realized "Wait a moment... Yeah, Cutter's the big hero now, but Rayek was the hero before Cutter showed up!" I think I could have kissed him when he said that!

Minor notes:
I loved Savah's voice acting but I found her narration a bit heavy-handed. Not quite chewing the scenery but just a bit much.

Toorah's added side-conversation with Rayek at the first celebration could have been done better. It felt both didactic and wide of the mark. It's not Leetah's power in itself that Rayek values but the common understanding he feels they share because they are both set apart from the rest of the Sun Folk by the powers they have. I suppose we could chalk Toorah not seeing that as part of the Sun Folk "Describing the sticker-plant's needles and overlooking the juicy pulp within!"

Most of the added or changed dialog didn't change the story much but I have to object to one change in Leetah's lines. After the Trial of Heart, when Rayek leaves, instead of Leetah saying "But I love him!" and Savah saying that that wouldn't comfort him now, Leetah says "But he's in pain!" This flattens the story, IMO. The original line shows that relationships can be complicated and she can love Rayek even if she doesn't LOVE Rayek, and that the heroine can have a life and loves before the hero shows up. The second line just sounds like a general expression of concern from someone who, as a healer, fights pain.

On the plus side, Strongbow doesn't say that Cutter should "just take her and to the human firepits with what she wants!" His opinion on her actions is clear but without worrisome connotations.

All in all, I can't wait for the next series! (Hint, hint, Oh Universe and Elfparents...)
Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: ElfQuest - The Audio Movie?   ElfQuest - The Audio Movie? - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 5:08 pm

Me too, I really loved the Audio Movie. The sound effects are awesome! I was in awe hearing the wolfriders cry 'Ayooooaaahhh'!  ElfQuest - The Audio Movie? - Page 3 1f604  Savah being the narrator is a nice detail because she is the 'Mother of Memory' after all. I mostly like all voice choices...Rayek's voice actor has a really sexy voice and as a huge fan of Rayek, I think it was a brilliant choice to choose Mr. Bandhu!

I have to admit, I cried during the recognition scene between Leetah and Cutter. I still miss Cutter but..well...I think I have finally accepted his death.
Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: ElfQuest - The Audio Movie?   ElfQuest - The Audio Movie? - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 5:13 pm

manga wrote:

Most of the added or changed dialog didn't change the story much but I have to object to one change in Leetah's lines.  After the Trial of Heart, when Rayek leaves, instead of Leetah saying "But I love him!" and Savah saying that that wouldn't comfort him now, Leetah says "But he's in pain!" This flattens the story, IMO.

I missed that but you are right! The original sentence would have had more meaning.

You have a keen eye for the details.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ElfQuest - The Audio Movie?   ElfQuest - The Audio Movie? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

ElfQuest - The Audio Movie?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Father Tree Holt :: ElfQuest Comic Discusions-
Jump to: