Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Let's all get to know each other, eh?

Go down 
+39
Evil Evie
Nibblet
Embala
KR Wordgazer
Elwing
Blackbird
Arfurido
Prayer
Miscellaneous
Lunakat
Twopaw
Leanan
Sifra
namuhna
Nomad-Human
ErinC1978
m0nkeyh0use
wolfmoonsky
Windyboy
Redhead Ember
anj tuesday
G0lden
Kindredsoul
Seastorm
Trollbabe
Merelf
ChristinaRaibert
Fairyring
jaRf
Stargazer
llannen
Kojiyumi
Tam
Josine
Stormcatcher
Beryl
Arthis
PCoquelin
Wiseshaman
43 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Nibblet

Nibblet

Pisces Dragon

Let's all get to know each other, eh? Empty
PostSubject: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Let's all get to know each other, eh? EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 8:41 pm

Not everything from the Scroll is lost. Remember Zebula77's introduction thread? Well.... here it is. Have at it!

Zebula77 wrote:

Let's all get to know eachother, eh?

Someone (like the admin(s) and such) make this a sticky, ok?  Wink  

Ok, so this being a new forum (or at least a new version) I thought it would be cool if we had a thread were we could all get to know eachother.
So, I've taken the liberty of creating this little questionnaire to help you find out what to write:

(Oh, and you don't have answer all the questions, if you find some of them too personal or whatnot, just don't answer)

Name (your real name, or whatever you want us to call you):

Got a job/are you at school?

Favourite food:

How long have you been a fan of EQ?

How did you become a fan?

Who's you're favourite character?

What kind of music do you like, and which bands/artists?

Which other comics/graphic novels do you read?

What are your hobbies?

Favourite films?

Do you like videogames, and if yes, which games?

How are you like/describe your personality:

Describe how you look:

Ok, so that's a start. If there's anything else you'd like to add about yourself, feel free.  Wink

Edit - Made a code because its easier
Code:
[b]Name[/b] (your real name, or whatever you want us to call you):

[b]Age:[/b]

[b]Gender:[/b]

[b]Occupation:[/b]

[b]Got a job/are you at school?[/b]

[b]Favourite food:[/b]

[b]How long have you been a fan of EQ? [/b]

[b]How did you become a fan? [/b]

[b]Who's you're favourite character?[/b]

[b]What kind of music do you like, and which bands/artists?[/b]

[b]Which other comics/graphic novels do you read?[/b]

[b]What are your hobbies?[/b]

[b]Favourite films? [/b]

[b]Do you like videogames, and if yes, which games?[/b]

[b]How are you like/describe your personality:[/b]

[b]Describe how you look:[/b]

Zebbed as the First Lady of Naughtyniceness!
Cast as Petalwing in the EQ Forums Movie
Dubbed Google Queen by Kindredsoul

Last edited by Nibblet on Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Let's all get to know each other, eh? EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 8:44 pm

It has been sticky-fied!

Cutter egg 2018 from Embala
Back to top Go down
Wiseshaman

Wiseshaman

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Let's all get to know each other, eh? EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 2:55 pm

Yes, but can it be 'Chicken Fried'?

lol!

Being from the South this a very important question!

http://www.rkanepublications.com/
Kojiyumi

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Let's all get to know each other, eh? EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 2:59 pm

Wiseshaman wrote:

lol!

Dangit... now I want chickn n' waffles!
Back to top Go down
Wiseshaman

Wiseshaman

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Let's all get to know each other, eh? EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 3:24 pm

Kojiyumi wrote:
Wiseshaman wrote:

lol!

Dangit... now I want chickn n' waffles!

What a Face

Oh yesssss....Chicken and Waffles...with lots of syrup...

Kojiyumi

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Let's all get to know each other, eh? EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 3:40 pm

...I am *SO* going to Lo-Lo's this weekend...

Let's all get to know each other, eh? O
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Let's all get to know each other, eh? EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 3:45 pm

Kick it with me and we can hit up Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles!

Wiseshaman

Wiseshaman

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Let's all get to know each other, eh? EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 9:54 pm

Lunakat wrote:
Kick it with me and we can hit up Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles!

Oh yeah, heard about that place...its pretty good from what I hear!

G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Let's all get to know each other, eh? EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 11:04 pm

And here I am eating chicken.

Kojiyumi

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Let's all get to know each other, eh? EmptyTue Mar 31, 2015 4:00 am

Let's all get to know each other, eh? Leeroy_jenkins_womens_dark_tshirt
Back to top Go down
Blackbird

Blackbird

Aquarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Let's all get to know each other, eh? EmptyTue Mar 31, 2015 9:19 pm

Okei, anybody gonna answer some of the questions?Wink I'm curious about many of you, don't even know if some of you are boys or girls Smile

But I can start with some.

Name (your real name, or whatever you want us to call you): Tone

Favourite food: Lasagne

How long have you been a fan of EQ? Since I was around 4 and got my first issue

How did you become a fan? See above ( Mom or dad both issue #2 for me )

Who's you're favourite character? So hard to answer, but Strongbow, Nightfall, Crescent, Venka, Ember, Freetouch, No-Ripple, Mender++

What kind of music do you like, and which bands/artists? Oh wow, I no "everything" is a bad answer...Rammstein, Highasakite, Bruce Springsteen, Leonard Cohen, Enya, Susanne Sundfør, Rihanna, Metallica, Laibach, Ellie Goulding

Which other comics/graphic novels do you read? Mostly skandinavian ones, like Nemi or Zelda, but I really like Fables, Sandman and Red Sonja ^^

What are your hobbies? Wine

Favourite films? Ah, so many, but LOTR, Gone with the wind, the little mermaid ( everything Disney and pixar ), oh, and superhero movies ^^

Do you like videogames, and if yes, which games? Mostly sims and super mario ^^

How are you like/describe your personality: I'm shy and have an insane sense of humor and an short temper.

Dream destination for next holiday if money++ are no issue? Ireland, and some Greek island

Best concert you ever seen? Rammstein, Highasakite and Leonard Cohen

Favorite "what-if" couple in Elfquest? Strongbow & Venka

Name on character that deserves to be drawed (more) by Wendy. Serrin

But hey, come on people, answer to, and feel free to add more questions Smile

Edit: Added some questions, mostly because that's fun to hear other peoples answers on them Smile [/b]
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Let's all get to know each other, eh? EmptyTue Mar 31, 2015 10:58 pm

Name: Michelle, I will answer to shortsh*t.  Wonder why Rolling Eyes

Kids:  Two adult sons.  Alan 34 and Anthony 31.  One grandson 7 and three dogs, Reeses, Kashmir, and Tequila.

Favorite food:  Cheese.  Almost any kind and on pretty much anything.  A real mouse.

How long have been a fan of EQ?  1980. Issue 4 and was hooked ever since.

How did you become a fan? Ex husband bought book 4 and the rest is history ( so is the husband). Laughing

Who's your favorite character?  Well it's a gimme.  Love both Cutter and Leetah.  Love Nightfall's spunkiness and Redlance's quieter nature as well.

What kind of music do you like, and which bands/artists?  I love a lot of different kinds of music.  From something as mellow as the Moody Blues top believe it or not Rob Zombie's Dragula.  I have seen Def Leppard several times, Tesla, Neil Diamond, and several other bands.  I even will listen to some of the more modern country music.  Rap you can leave it.  Can't stand it and never will.

Which other comics/graphic novels do you read?  Not much of a big comic reader.  EQ is pretty much the only I really got involved in.  Read Archie comics as a kid.

What are your hobbies?  Love to crochet.  I also like to cook and try new recipes.

Favorite films? Well give me LOTR and The Hobbit and I am in heaven.  Then there is Iron Man, Thor, The Hulk, and the Avengers.  Plus I like a lot of the Disney movies as well.  Pixar movies are fun to watch too.

Do you like videogames, and if yes, which games?  I will play video games from time to time.  I like the Final Fantasy series.

Dream destination for next holiday if money++ are no issue? I love to see Australia and New Zealand.  Plus there is Canada, and England.

Best concert you ever seen?  Def Leppard puts on one of the best shows you can imagine.  They have cameras mounted on their instruments which gives you a different prospective.

Favorite "what-if" couple in Elfquest?  Cutter/Nightfall.  Always wondered what could have come of that.

Name on character that deserves to be drawn (more) by Wendy:  Any one of the lesser know Sun Villagers or the Go Backs.

llannen

llannen

Virgo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Let's all get to know each other, eh? EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 1:24 am

Wait-@Kojiyumi-I had to google it-thought Lolo's just in AZ? Where you at??? I'm in North Phoenix. (But please don't hate me, I have to try Lolo's one more time....and I didn't have the waffles so was left a little nonplussed at all the fuss with that place??? Ducking and running now!!!)

Tam

Leo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Let's all get to know each other, eh? EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 1:30 am

Name: Tam

Kids: three of the furry variety. Rowan and Tilly are about to turn 8, and Hermes will be 3 in a few days. All cats...orange tabby, black/brown tabby/ticked, and Russian Blue, respectively.

Favorite food: steak. I prefer it just above rare, but not quite to mid-rare. I know, I'm picky. Preferably with mashed potatoes.

How long have been a fan of EQ? 1986. So as long as I've been alive. I don't actually know when I picked it up...I'm a "legacy" fan, my dad got me into the comics.

How did you become a fan? My mom grew tiny womb editions for me.

Who's your favorite character? That's such a hard question. I love Cutter because I identify so deeply with him. I love Kahvi because she reminds me of Xena, and I'm a huge Xena fangirl. I love Redlance because I've always loved trees, and I love the relationship he has with Nightfall because it was the first thing to really break stereotypical gender roles for me. I love Pike because he's such a nerd.

What kind of music do you like, and which bands/artists? I listen largely to classic rock (Led Zeppelin, David Bowie, and Queen) and classical music. Which seems like a really strange combination. I listen to classical more often at the moment, but I go through music phases where I listen to pretty much one thing exclusively until I'm just sick of it. *laughs* Guest stars on my roster are Tracy Chapman, Hootie & The Blowfish, Bruno Mars (totally obsessed with Uptown Funk right now), Daft Punk (Get Lucky), k.d. lang, and The Darkness.

Which other comics/graphic novels do you read? Only Batman and Sandman, and...not terribly often. Comics are expensive, yo. But I love comic tv shows and movies, animated or live action.

What are your hobbies? I run a holt called Oakleaf Holt, which takes up the majority of my time. But I love it like...nothing else in my life. I'm trying to get back into drawing, but it's very difficult, due to some prior trauma. I read a bit. I like to go to the gym and swim, but I haven't lately.

Favorite films? The Fifth Element. The Disney Robin Hood. Robin Hood: Men in Tights. The Princess Bride. Ever After. Zodiac. James Bond movies. Rent. What Dreams May Come. The Emperor's New Groove.

Do you like videogames, and if yes, which games? I love Final Fantasy, Sims 2, I play some Facebook games, um...general RPGs, Pokemon, that sort of thing. I try not to play much anymore, because I have repetitive stress injuries.

Dream destination for next holiday if money++ are no issue? I would be pretty stoked with anywhere, because I've never been out of the US. But Venice is definitely on my bucket list.

Best concert you ever seen? Uh...gosh. I've been to a lot of concerts and didn't like a bunch of them...lots were for bands my ex dragged me to see, for example. I slept through GWAR (I'm not even kidding...I had a 4 am shift and the concert that night, apparently I can sleep through anything). But seeing k.d. lang was phenomenal. Yum.

Favorite "what-if" couple in Elfquest? Not sure. I don't really...think about it? There are couples I'd like to see more of, but no like...what-ifs. More Windkin/Ahdri, more Tyleet/Dewshine, more Dart/Kimo (even though they aren't official. I guess they can be my what-if).

Name on character that deserves to be drawn (more) by Wendy: Pike and Skot interactions. I feel like we didn't get enough of them.
Back to top Go down
http://oakleafholt.boards.net
PCoquelin

PCoquelin

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Let's all get to know each other, eh? EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 11:03 pm

Thanks, Nibblet, for that occasion of presenting myself again.

Name: Patrice COQUELIN

Kids:  None. But I am an uncle to three wonderful nieces

Favorite food:  I like almost everything, but I favour cheese pizzas

How long have been a fan of EQ?  1985 - I was 17

How did you become a fan? I was exploring a comic shop specialized into US imports, in Paris, and I found those strange-looking issues of a real strange tale with elves, drawn in black and white, with stunning color covers and backcovers. First feeling was : "for kids" and I stepped away... Then I abruptly stopped, asking myself : "WHAT-DID-I-JUST-SEE-AND-READ!?"... and I went back, reading again and again, and... since that precise moment I was hooked and I have been buying EVERYTHING Elfquest-related that I could find and buy. Well, almost everything.

Who's your favorite character?  Suntop - almost from the start ( OQ #6, I mean )

What kind of music do you like, and which bands/artists?  I like manymanymany styles and artists, with a strong love for Bowie and Rammstein

Which other comics/graphic novels do you read?  I have always read a lot of comics ( we are lucky to have had many, in France ) and some graphic novels ; Elfquest is #1, by FAR - followed, in my heart, by the wonders an illustrator named Pierre Joubert has drawn

What are your hobbies?  Reading (novels, sci-fi, comics, mags, newspapers, everything), software development (yes: work AND hooby), science, history, secrets, and some other ones

Favorite films? I watched a multitude of movies but, strangely enough, #1 is Blue Thunder, followed by Blade Runner, Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence... and by manymanymany other ones

Do you like videogames, and if yes, which games?  I love Soul Calibur II, Shadow of the Colossus, and a few other PS2 games - On PC : X-Com: Enemy Unknown is my fav'

Dream destination for next holiday if money++ are no issue? Ireland or Jersey or Norway

Best concert you ever seen?  Paris Live show of Rammstein (Bercy concert) : A-W-E-S-O-M-E

Favorite "what-if" couple in Elfquest?  I'm not interested in such what-ifs, sorry

Name on character that deserves to be drawn (more) by Wendy:  One of the unknown female elves
showed on OQ #13's cover, with Timmorn - the one with the spear

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Let's all get to know each other, eh? EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 12:58 am

Name: Known as Kindredsoul.  Real name, Monica

Kids:
2 sons... 18, and the oldest turns 20 this July
2 cats
4 dogs
2 bearded dragons... 1 year old female with a regal attitdue, and the newest addition, just a baby and already full of dragon spunk

Dayturn: Private in home care to the most adorable, witty elderly lady named Rose.
Afternoonturn: Work at the local neighborhood bakery
On breaks/Evenings/weekends: Spends time with you lovely people!

Favourite food: Junk food.... junk food.... junk food...chocolate and junk food.... COFFEE!!!

How long have you been a fan of EQ? 30 years

How did you become a fan?
By accident in a bookstore at a local mall. At the time, they also had comics there. The moment I saw Cutter's eyes on a cover I was hooked. The moment I began reading during what few minutes I had, I drowned into the story. The only way I ever got to read more was the rare times anyone took me to that mall again throughout my childhood, until finally, when I was 18 and I got a job at that very same mall, the graphic novels were out by then, and I bought one with each and every paycheck.

Oh I dunno.... maybe the guy that's tattoo'd clear across my back

Honestly, I'm into high energy pop music. ANYTHING with Pitbull really gets me going. I have to have energy music to keep my spirits up and keep me motivated through my day, so any form of dance music like Rihanna, Enrique Iglesias, Shakira... music like that.

I also love soothing classical.

None.
I know, lame. But nothing else compared enough to ElfQuest to me, so I never bothered.

What are your hobbies?
Love gardening and crafting (if there's ever time)
Loved writing and drawing, but lost inspiration for some time now. Although I am trying to get it back.

Favourite films?
Too many to list, but some are the Back to the Future trilogy, all the Indiana Jones, Star Trek (old and new), Jeepers Creepers<-----(FAVE horror flick, even tho I don't consider it a horror flick. More like a comedy Razz ), The Alien and Predator movies, How to Train your Dragon movies, etc etc etc....

I LOVED Video games when I used to have time to play them. Huge Final Fantasy buff till 13 came out and I puked

Mostly bubbly, energetic.... very easy to get along with ^_^
Although my biggest fear is unable to make everyone happy. I'm a huge people pleaser.
So if I screw something up in here with the site, or I forget about something, please know it's nothing intentional Shocked  
I'm quite often scatter-brained and forgetful sometimes. Always feel free to come to me about anything because I don't have that knack of reading minds like so many others seem to be able to do Laughing

Dream destination for next holiday if money++ are no issue?
If money wasn't an issue, I'd plan trips to see all of you  Razz
I do have to laugh trying to picture PC and Arthis trying to teach me French tho.... O__O
And I'm pretty sure I would never get out of the UK once I met up with Nibblet... all the pubs would ban us >___>

Favorite "what-if" couple in Elfquest?
I never really gave this any thought before, but do wonder.... if Lord Voll had never been killed, I think him and Savah would've made a sweet couple

Name a character that deserves to be drawn (more) by Wendy:
Not particularly "who", but I would have loved more "Hidden Years" stories since I'm sure a ton more events happened with the Wolfriders and the others while the palace was gone. Would have liked more told on that.

Cutter egg 2018 from Embala
Back to top Go down
Kojiyumi

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Let's all get to know each other, eh? EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 3:44 am

llannen wrote:
Wait-@Kojiyumi-I had to google it-thought Lolo's just in AZ? Where you at??? I'm in North Phoenix. (But please don't hate me, I have to try Lolo's one more time....and I didn't have the waffles so was left a little nonplussed at all the fuss with that place??? Ducking and running now!!!)

Lo-Lo's is an AZ thing! LOL. I'm due west of Sunnyslope/Sunnyslop (YMMV).

You gotta get the chicken and waffles and get your red drank on!

Back to top Go down
Arthis

Arthis

Capricorn Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Let's all get to know each other, eh? EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 5:14 am

Name: Guillaume

Kids: None

Favorite food: Hachis parmentier (some sort of cottage pie)

How long have been a fan of EQ? 1987, I was eleven

How did you become a fan? At that time at school, I had this very good friend, and we had a lot of common taste (mythology, comics reading, magic...) and one day she came to me and lend me a comic, telling me "I think you will like it". It was the French edition of issue 1 Fire and Flight, and I was hooked immediately. At that time, there was only 6 issues translated in French, and I had to wait a long time before #7 was published. A few years later the French edition stopped in the middle of Kings of the Broken Wheel, just after the disappearance of the Palace! I had to wait many year before I find my first issue in English and start collected all of them.

Who's your favorite character? Redlance for his gentleness and his connection with nature, Savah for her serene wisdom, Pike for his relation with Skot.

What kind of music do you like, and which bands/artists? I don't listen to music a lot.

Which other comics/graphic novels do you read? Except for EQ, I don't read american comics, and I don't read mangas. But I have quite a collection of Franch comics, my favorite being Sillage (first issues published under the name Wake in the USA), and anything drawn by Florence Magnin (L'Autre Monde, L'Héritage d'Emilie, Mary la noire)

What are your hobbies? reading, cooking, crocheting

Favorite films? Pride, The Theory of Everything, The Ghost and Mrs Muir, The Hours, Mary Poppins, Spirited Away, Witness for the Prosecution...

Do you like videogames, and if yes, which games? not a big player

How are you like/describe your personality: I'm shy, calm, I don't talk a lot, but wouldn't say I'm introvert.

Dream destination for next holiday if money++ are no issue? Ireland, always! Canada, Peru

Best concert you ever seen? Can't tell, it's too shamefull

Favorite "what-if" couple in Elfquest? I don't know.. Venka and Sunstream?

Name on character that deserves to be drawn (more) by Wendy: Yurek and the other Rootless Ones.
Back to top Go down
Kojiyumi

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Let's all get to know each other, eh? EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 3:31 pm

Name (your real name, or whatever you want us to call you): I'm an Amarin!

Age: To quote my muse?  Old enough to seriously know better, young enough to not give a rolling rat's ass.

Locale: Phoenix, AZ, USA. Valley of the Sun! (but it's a dry heat)

Kids:  Seven cats (Akira , Miyako, Hecate, Oni, Leo, Mayinga, and Sven), three dogs (Blankita, Sushi, and Isamu), one bearded dragon (Viserion), one frilled dragon (Nedry), one melanistic desert king snake (Baron Samedi), one reverse high white king snake (Andromeda), one ball python (Earl) one butterfly betta fish (Pepper), one peahen (Poko), seven mice (Seven Dwarves), six hissing cockroaches (no names).

Occupation: Resisting the urge to punt people on a daily basis.

Got a job/are you at school?:  Job.  This sums it up:

(We just replaced ours.  The new models...? WORSE!!!!!)

Favourite food: Meat.

How long have you been a fan of EQ? Since long ago (and far away)

How did you become a fan? A seriously jacked up copy of book 5 at the library.  Because Winnie.

Let's all get to know each other, eh? Strongbow-elfquest-1217757_350_364

A little of this, a little of that.  Depends on mood, moment, and muse.  Right now Daniel Ingram has my full attention. XD

Gods, where do I even START....  MLP, X-Men, Harley Quinn, Edward Scissorhands...  Mangas...

What are your hobbies?
Serving my feline overladies and lords, art, writing, procrastinating.

Favourite films?
No one particular.  Although at the moment its MLP:EG - Rainbow Rocks

...I love games.  And I own more than I have time to play.  Usually I putz around with HOPs.

A little bit Shen Shen, a little bit Ember, and if you make me take my earrings off, well...

Describe how you look:
...well... a little bit Shen Shen, a little bit Ember.  XD
Back to top Go down
Beryl

Beryl

Aries Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Let's all get to know each other, eh? EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 3:34 pm

Name: Freja

How long have you been a fan of EQ? Its hard for me to remember exactly how old I was when i became a fan, but I think I was about 10 years old.

How did you become a fan? My dad had a few issues, and my brother and I found some more at the library.

Who's you're favourite character? Redlance and his sweet daughter Tyleet.

What kind of music do you like, and which bands/artists? Gorillaz, Evanescence and System of a Down.

Which other comics/graphic novels do you read? Besides Elfquest I only read a few silly webcomics

What are your hobbies? Nature, plants, dolls, stories and reading.

Favourite films? I dont really have a favorite

Do you like videogames, and if yes, which games? The sims, The Elder scrolls Skyrim and The Elders scrolls Online

How are you like/describe your personality: Sensitive, shy, calm, silly and compassionate.

Last edited by Beryl on Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nibblet

Nibblet

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Let's all get to know each other, eh? EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 7:11 pm

I should probably do this too Razz

Name (your real name, or whatever you want us to call you): Samantha/Nibblet/Nibs/Nibby/Nibbymoo/NooNoo I've been called them all over the years and answer to them all too

Occupation: Used to be a seamstress/sportswear printer. Now I'm retraining to be other things

Favourite food: Chicken Makhani, Pilau Rice, Peshwari Naan and a side order of papadum and mango chutney

How long have you been a fan of EQ? A very long time. I can't do that much math in my head

How did you become a fan? I was browsing through boxes on a second hand comic market stall and saw this
cover:
. I was really captivated by the characters and the art and made a snap decision to buy it and all the other EQ comics in the box. I ended up finding most of the original quest in there, missing a few issues that I managed to get in other markets later down the line. And here I still am!

Who's you're favourite character? Petalwing, Moonshade, I've got a bit of a soft spot for Treestump too.

What kind of music do you like, and which bands/artists? Strictly metal! XD I have the Helloween pumpkin tattooed on my arm, I also love Delain, Within Temptation, Trillium, Rammstein, HIM, Nightwish, *thinkingthinkgingthinking...* Umm... I'll add more when I can think of them XD

What are your hobbies? Lots and Lots and Lots. I sew, craft, make dolls (real ones, not the pixely kind), write a bit, play lots of games, stuff like that

Favourite films? Flash Gordon, Star Wars, love a bit of Asian horror, not a fan of anime (sue me XDD)

Do you like videogames, and if yes, which games? Yus. Most of these games have sequels and whatnot, I like those too but I'm too lazy to type them all out. Mass Effect, Elder Scrolls, Minecraft, Burnout, Silent Hill, Shenmue, Dragon Age, Assassins Creed

How are you like/describe your personality: Online, I talk a lot, IRL, not so much. I like to keep busy, I get in to trouble when I'm bored. Hmm. I don't know! Ask other people, they know better than I do

Describe how you look: Odd

Zebbed as the First Lady of Naughtyniceness!
Cast as Petalwing in the EQ Forums Movie
Dubbed Google Queen by Kindredsoul
Back to top Go down
Stormcatcher

Stormcatcher

Libra Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Let's all get to know each other, eh? EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 11:02 am

Name (your real name, or whatever you want us to call you): Tora

Occupation: trained administrative officer as well as architectural draughtsperson

Got a job/are you at school? no job, currently polishing up my Japanese language skills

Favourite food: Japanese (Nabe, Suki- and other -yaki, Tempura and such), Indian (Tandoori chicken is awesome), Korean (Bulgogi, Kimchi), Hungarian (Pörkölt and Gulyas), German (Pannfisch, Labskaus, Bratkartoffeln and much more), also potato gratin, Fish and Chips, potatoes with sour cream, anything grilled, salads, pizza, chocolate chip icecream and cheesecake.  

How long have you been a fan of EQ? since 1985 if I remember correctly

How did you become a fan? A penfriend decorated his letters with photocopies taken from the original b/w issues so I got curious.

Who's you're favourite character? Strongbow, Pike and most recently Reef

What kind of music do you like, and which bands/artists? Very wide ranged musical taste, from Al Stewart to Rammstein.  Favourite artists include Laibach, Die Krupps, KMFDM, And One, Marc Almond, Uriah Heep, Depeche Mode, Tokiko Katô, Saori Yuki, and lots of others. I also like a lot of movie soundtracks and have a soft spot the size of a galaxy for Kenji Sawada.

Which other comics/graphic novels do you read? Asterix (I grew up with), Oompah Pah, Yugurtha, Barbe-Rouge, Valhalla, Ijiwaru Bâsan - I have read lots of others but I'm not much of a comic collector.  Does MAD count as a comic?

What are your hobbies? Writing, cooking, taking photographs, watching TV (German TV is better than you think) and DVDs, listening to music and reading non-fiction.  I used to draw a lot, but with my eyesight getting worse I only do that occasionally.  I also gather mushrooms, wild berries, chest- and other nuts for food.

Favourite films? Too many to mention, really.  I have made a list that consists of more than 200 movies - classic, sci-fi, fantasy, action comedy, drama, satire and jidaigeki (Japanese historic movies).

Do you like videogames, and if yes, which games? I used to love the old Civilization game! Nowadays I play some browsergames at kongregate.com who have a wide selection.  Favorites include Innkeeper Siquijor, Biogems, Music Catch, Kaleidoscope Reef, Rebuild 2, Castaway and some fishing games.

How are you like/describe your personality: owlish

Describe how you look: like a wet owl

Last edited by Stormcatcher on Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Let's all get to know each other, eh? EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 12:01 am

Stormcatcher 52 is not hard to believe. I'm 53, so I know it is possible.

Stormcatcher

Stormcatcher

Libra Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Let's all get to know each other, eh? EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 12:45 pm

@ G0lden: Well, it's hard for me to believe... my mind feels like 36, my body like 76. Shocked

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Let's all get to know each other, eh? EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 12:57 pm

I work on the phones all day and I get these field agents who can't believe am 53. They swear up and down that I sound so much younger than that. Yes there are days I am stiff, but I have had that since my mid 20's. And to buy clothes at my age, Rolling Eyes , you would think there would be a happy medium between too cutesy young to too frumpy old.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Let's all get to know each other, eh? Empty

Back to top Go down

Let's all get to know each other, eh?
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Father Tree Holt :: Enter the Scroll Room-
Jump to: