HomePortalCalendarFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Let's all get to know each other, eh?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:45 pm

Welcome to the fun-house.

Rayek Devil
Back to top Go down
Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:07 pm

AYOOooaah, m0nkeyh0use! sunny Welcome to the pack! Enjoy and have fun. monkey

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:26 pm

Welcome everybody! I hope you all enjoy and have much fun here! Smile
Back to top Go down
Nibblet

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:23 pm

Welcome welcome welcome! ^^

Back to top Go down
Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:44 am

Welcome to you both! Drinking

Read 'Beyond Mere Flight' - click here!
Skywise Wink thanks to Embala for the banner! Kahvi )
Back to top Go down
m0nkeyh0use

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:55 am

Thenkyew thenkyew! Hammy
Back to top Go down
G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:20 pm

Welcome m0nkeyh0use, glad to have join the tribe.

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:13 pm

I'm a bit late Embarassed

But a very big welcome indeed!!

And you have a perfect name for the fun times we have here in this nut house of a holt!

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:32 pm

Are you calling us crazy?

Says the woman who has a emoticon-section with dancing bananas named in her honour...
Back to top Go down
ErinC1978

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:49 pm

Thank you for the welcome, folks! And very sorry for the late reply/acknowledgment. Embarassed Embarassed I've been dealing with some health issues that are hopefully on their way to being resolved.

@Nibblet -- I am SO looking forward to the FFVII remake! That is going to be what pushes me into getting a PS4, -- let's hope it's cheaper then. Laughing And thank you for the emoticon tips!

@Sifra -- Yay, another Dresden Files fan! I wonder when the next book is coming out. Last time I looked on Amazon I found no clues. Have you by any chance read any of the Dresden Files graphic novels? I've only read a couple, but I liked the art style.

@Redhead Ember -- no worries, Strongbow always looks grumpy! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Nomad-Human

Scorpio Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:25 am

So... I think this is where newbies introduce themselves. So... I'm Nomad-Human and I used to be very active in the old Scroll of Colors forum for many years (even got called the Board Step-Mom). Anyway, that was a long time ago and things got... busy and I sort of drifted away from it and eventually stopped being a presence at all. Then I got curious and tried to go back to the forum only to find it had been shut down. Lunkat (whom I know in real life) told me about what happened and that KindredSoul had built a new forum.

And well, here I am. To those who knew me, it's great to see you all again, to those who didn't, I'm Nomad-Human, resident fangirl of Shuna and of those pesky humans who keep the storyline going for our elves. I like stories like Shuna's and Little Patch's because I think they come very close to dealing with adoption, interracial families and biracial identity. Well as close as EQ gets anyway.

I look forward to reconnecting with old friends and making new ones.

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:53 am

NOMAD-HUMAN!
*Glomps*
Awesome seeing you again! 65
Back to top Go down
Nibblet

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:23 am

Well helloooooooooooo! Great to see you again sweetie! Hows the cub?

Back to top Go down
Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:45 pm

She has two now! Nice to see you wandering through these parts again, Nomad!

Nomad-Human

Scorpio Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:33 pm

It's good to be back, I can't believe how many old faces are here, I would swear it was the old Scroll, with some new wallpaper and trimmings.

The fawns are good, busy but good. Sophia is 7 now and in 2nd grade, my son Micah is 5 and in kindergarten, both of them are loving school and enjoying the learning process. It's sort of wonderful to see a kid really excited about learning new things. Sophia is deep, DEEP in her space phase and Micah is just as deep in his dinosaur phase.

We just celebrated Rosh Hashanah, so the Jewish holiday season is upon us and thus life is quite busy.

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:27 pm

@ErinC1978 wrote:

@Nibblet -- I am SO looking forward to the FFVII remake! That is going to be what pushes me into getting a PS4, -- let's hope it's cheaper then. Laughing  And thank you for the emoticon tips!

I say we share accounts so we can play this together >___>
I'll need help tho... or I'll wind up breaking something O__o

And HELLOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Nomad!!!
*shackles her to the Holt and leaves Picknose to sit on her*

You ain't disappearing again Suspect

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:29 pm

Welcome back to the tribe, Nomad-Human. Very Happy It's great to read you and your cubs are well. Enjoy and have fun!

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:15 pm

Hi

Name:
Namuhna

Favourite food:
marzipan

How long have you been a fan of EQ?
Since I was seven or so

How did you become a fan?
I’ve loved comics since I was very young and my parents usually let me have money to buy whichever comic book I wanted since it was the only thing that encouraged me learning how to read. Unfortunately I usually ended up with some very questionable comics that were definitively NOT for 7yo children, and after a while they banned many of them, including elfquest. I got to keep issue 10 and I basically memorized it, so later on I found some people with all the issues and we bonded instantly and have been friends ever since. I’ve also totally been lurking at the official forum for a loooong time.

Who's your favourite character?
Ember has been my favourite and my role-model since I saw her. Other than that, I have big weakness for Strongbow and Rayek because I love problematic faves with pretty faces. (rayek suddenly became a bit more problematic than I like tho).

What kind of music do you like, and which bands/artists?
Ayreon and Gorillaz are usually safe bets, but I listen to almost anything tbh. When driving the car it’s usually dad-rock, techno, dubstep and weird videogame remixes.

Which other comics/graphic novels do you read?
Not that many actually… I went on to reading books and playing videogames after my parents ban and I never really got back to my comic craze. I still have my Don Rosa collection of Scrooge McDucks life, I was obsessed with sandman for a while, and I keep up with a bit of Marvel stuff every now and then. (Especially recent Loki-stuff. Problematic fave. He’s also pretty now.) Online; order of the Stick and Oglaf.

What are your hobbies?
Hanging out on Tumblr, drawing, writing, videogames, driving my car, d&d

Favourite films?
Lotr, the last unicorn, Willow, Spirited away, Ronja Rövardotter, Kung Fu Hustle, Interview with the vampire, Mad Max fury Road, District 9, Mulan

Do you like videogames, and if yes, which games?
All the games. My favourites are FF7 (OMFG REMAKE) Baldur’s Gate (with all the mods), sims 2 (which I also hate), Silent Hill, Zelda, Skyrim, Dragon age, Rogue Trip, ff9, Amnesia

How are you like/describe your personality:
Introvert, Leo, scorpio rising, INTP, sjw, feminist with a grudge against terfs, lazy as hell, shy

Describe how you look:
tall, pale, blue hair, blue eyes

I’ll probably stick to lurking with perhaps occasional comments... I'm terribly shy, even on the internet, but I love reading all of your discussions and speculations and your art and everything, so I’m totally fan of all of you, not just Elfquest itself Very Happy
Back to top Go down
G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:25 pm

Welcome to the tribe Namuhna. Enjoy yourself and have fun.

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:20 pm

Welcome! cheers

Read 'Beyond Mere Flight' - click here!
Skywise Wink thanks to Embala for the banner! Kahvi )
Back to top Go down
Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:23 pm

Welcome to the pack, namuhna. It's great you found a place here. sunny Emjoy and have fun!

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:32 pm

Welcome, indeed, to the tribe. Ember Strongbow Scowl Rayek Devil
Back to top Go down
Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:55 am

Hi to all!

Name: Olivia. Miscellaneous here because I like how it sounds Smile

Occupation: Cartoons animator. I don't like it and I don't want to see an EQ movie EVER!!!!

Favourite food: I like a good tea.

How long have you been a fan of EQ? Since I was 11.

How did you become a fan? I was told I could buy one book in that bookshop, and there was one comics I already knew and next to it that strange, colorful one about elves that looked like nothing I knew. I had to make a choice, one that had a huge impact on my life. So first EQ lesson: all is about choices!
Read all that was published in France in my teenage years. There was nothing much worth remembering in my life then outside of books so what I read really shaped my mind. The french edition stopped, and then, when I was 18, 20... Internet!!! and my life stopped for a while, while I was catching up with all the rest of EQ.

Who's you're favourite character? I first fell in love with Sorrow's end! Became obsessed with deserts... and with Dart, who stayed there, because I thought he made the right choice, and we were of age, and I liked his look Smile The whole Rainsong family coming as second favorite. Every time I got a new comics, I would first look for Sorrows End stuff, and it would all be about boring forests and that stupid quest... XD
So Dart, Mender too now, I really like Dewshine and have a love/hate relationship with both Leetah and Moonshade.

What kind of music do you like, and which bands/artists? This week, traditional music like this: https://soundcloud.com/cocanha/sets/5-cants-polifonics-a-dancar or that: https://soundcloud.com/ciac-boum

Which other comics/graphic novels do you read? I used to be into comics, not anymore. Only EQ!

What are your hobbies? Gardening. I have a garden since this summer and don't know how I survived without one until then! Also reading fantasy books.

How are you like/describe your personality: I have changed too much over the past few years to know how to answer that!

Describe how you look: Too skinny, younger than my age (I like to think it's because of my elf blood but haven't been able to develop any magical power so far)

And why I'm here: I've only ever meet one EQ reader in real life, and she'd forgotten everything but the orgy scene Razz No idea what I'm going to write in those forums, but it fells good to share with fellows EQ fans.

Sun and sweet water to all!
Back to top Go down
Sifra

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:22 am

Welcome to al new member.
Yay another Dart fan! Smile

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:38 am

Welcome, welcome!

Rainsong
Back to top Go down

Let's all get to know each other, eh?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Father Tree Holt :: Enter the Scroll Room-
Jump to: