HomePortalCalendarFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Let's all get to know each other, eh?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
KR Wordgazer

Scorpio Cat

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:24 pm

You know, it looks like I never redid this when I came here after the old Scroll of Colors. So here goes:

Name (your real name, or whatever you want us to call you): Kristen Rosser - but I go by Wordgazer here.

Occupation: Paralegal, and recently got made office manager of the law firm where I've been working for 29 years.

Got a job/are you at school? See above.

Favourite food: Lobster, artichoke hearts, filet mignon. All that fancy stuff....

How long have you been a fan of EQ? Since about 2002.

How did you become a fan? My husband introduced me to the series.

Who's your favourite character? It used to be Cutter, Rayek and Strongbow. Now I'm really not sure anymore...

What kind of music do you like, and which bands/artists? I love Celtic, New Age, old-time jazz, classical (especially baroque-- Handel and Bach), rock/classic oldies (Everly Brothers, Simon & Garfunkel, Elvis, Beatles), crooners (Sinatra, Bing Crosby, Nat King Cole).

Which other comics/graphic novels do you read? Amulet nowadays. I also really enjoyed Zita the Space Girl! Used to read Bone, Akiko, Thieves and Kings.

What are your hobbies? I read. A lot. Love English country-house mysteries like Agatha Christie, Dorothy Sayers, Patricia Wentworth. Also love classic fantasies like LOTR and Narnia. I like walks in the woods or wetlands, and classic/oldie movies. I also have been writing a children's novel for about 11 years....

Favourite films? I love silent classics with stars like Buster Keaton and Douglas Fairbanks Sr, and oldies from the 30s and 40s too. My favorite more modern films are The Princess Bride and Stardust.

Do you like videogames, and if yes, which games? I like relaxing games where you don't have to fight or kill anything. Harvest Moon, Animal Crossing, Sim Forest. Stuff like that.

How are you like/describe your personality: I'm gentle, kind of intellectual, sensitive, tenderhearted and diplomatic.  

Describe how you look: I'm mostly gray-haired nowadays, a little plump, with large blue-gray eyes.

Last edited by KR Wordgazer on Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://krwordgazer.blogspot.com
Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:38 pm

Welcome back to the pack, Wordgazer! *hugs* Feel free to talk and interact with friends as you used to on the Old Scroll.

Indem du etwas tust, das dir oder jemand anderem gefällt, erschaffst du bereits einen Wert.
Back to top Go down
Nibblet

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:43 pm

Good to have you back, K-mom. I love you

Back to top Go down
KR Wordgazer

Scorpio Cat

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:52 am

Nibblet wrote:
Good to have you back, K-mom. I love you

Hey, Nibblet. Very Happy I appreciate the affection behind the old nickname; I really do.

But for the record: All the old members of the Scroll are 14 years older than when I started posting there back then. This board doesn't need a "board mom." This board is full of mature adults.

I just want to be one of you, ok? I'm nobody's mom except my own kids'. Being "board mom" was too much pressure, for me. Hope you all will understand.

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:06 am

How about Honourary Aunt? Aunts get to have all the fun with the kids without the work!

Joyleaf Ember Trinket Shenshen Upset Rainsong :krill:
Back to top Go down
KR Wordgazer

Scorpio Cat

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:36 am

Redhead Ember wrote:
How about Honourary Aunt? Aunts get to have all the fun with the kids without the work!

Joyleaf Ember Trinket Shenshen Upset Rainsong :krill:

That's sweet, but I don't want to be set apart at all. Most of you are now about the age I was when you started calling me "Board Mom." I was no different then than you are now. Age doesn't matter, really. I'm just another member here. flower

Nibblet

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:07 am

I know, I was just bringing it back for that one time only. I never actually called you that then because you're not that much older than me. It was a term of endearment, won't happen again.

Back to top Go down
Evil Evie

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:10 am

How sweet. As an honorary aunt myself (auntie Evie) since summer, I can say it's fun but more pressure than you'd realize depending on the individuals involved. Equal footing a good thing.

Glad to see you active again KR and I look forward to getting to know you!

Scorpio Cat

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:19 pm

Nibblet-- no worries. I appreciate being endeared-- very much! Hug

Redhead Ember and Evil Evie-- you are both very sweet. Thanks to everyone for understanding!

IceTooth

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:04 pm

It has been 14 years? Wow...doesn't seem like it...I'm 42 now. Smile

The older I get, the more I like my favorite elf Treestump...gruff, grumpy, big bushy beard, tee hee, that's me alright. Very Happy rofl
Back to top Go down
Antonia

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:21 am

Hello everyone! I'm Toni.  I was a member long ago, and have found my way back. I went by the name Jasonia and I'm glad to be back Smile
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:51 am

Hey! I remember you as Jasonia! Welcome back!

Antonia

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:38 am

Thank you Smile
Back to top Go down
Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:56 am

Welcome back, Tonia! *hugs tight* I hope you'll feel at home here.

Indem du etwas tust, das dir oder jemand anderem gefällt, erschaffst du bereits einen Wert.
Back to top Go down
G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:40 am

Welcome back Tonia!!!!

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:10 am

Hi Toni! Glad your here!

Let's all get to know each other, eh?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Father Tree Holt :: Enter the Scroll Room-
Jump to: