HomePortalCalendarFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Let's all get to know each other, eh?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Zinegirl

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:08 pm

Name Josine
Got a job/are you at school? I'm at university
Favourite food: Lasagne!
How long have you been a fan of EQ? Since I'm 8 I think... I read the issues in my local library and I loveeed the art (and still do, but now I also understand the story :p)
How did you become a fan? See above
Who's you're favourite character? I don't know, I like all of them :s
What kind of music do you like, and which bands/artists? Lots of different music, I can't describe it in a few sentences it's mostly just individual songs from all kinds of artists. I mostly listen to pop, soundtracks and other instrumental songs.
Which other comics/graphic novels do you read? Does Attack on Titan manga count?
What are your hobbies? Figure collecting
Favourite films? Lion King, sci-fi, fantasy and/or animation movies.
Do you like videogames, and if yes, which games? Pokémon, Zero Escape, Danganronpa, Ace Attorney, League of Legends

Last edited by Zinegirl on Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:38 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://zinegirl.deviantart.com/art/ElfQuest-Family-Tree-SPOILERS
Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:25 pm

Welcome to the pack, Zinegirl. sunny Nice to meet again!

*waves at everyone* Some really inventive ways to fill this list I see ... ^^

Indem du etwas tust, das dir oder jemand anderem gefällt, erschaffst du bereits einen Wert.
Back to top Go down
llannen

Virgo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:26 am

@Kojiyumi wrote:
@llannen wrote:
Wait-@Kojiyumi-I had to google it-thought Lolo's just in AZ? Where you at??? I'm in North Phoenix. (But please don't hate me, I have to try Lolo's one more time....and I didn't have the waffles so was left a little nonplussed at all the fuss with that place??? Ducking and running now!!!)

Lo-Lo's is an AZ thing! LOL.  I'm due west of Sunnyslope/Sunnyslop (YMMV).

You gotta get the chicken and waffles and get your red drank on!  

You, me and Tam. Date to be determined soon???

Virgo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:39 am

Name (your real name, or whatever you want us to call you): Lisa but llannen is fine!

Got a job/are you at school? Arizona Humane Society

Favourite food: Sashimi or red meat, barely charred. I need to eat more leafy greens and fruits though.

How long have you been a fan of EQ? About 30 years. I was 12-13 when introduced to series

How did you become a fan? The Mormon girl that lived in the house behind me had stole (ahem) borrowed them from her dad. I read first 4 novels, became hooked and then it was a hunt to find my own copies from every where like Waldenbooks (I think that was their name?) and anywhere else I could find them and became a Fan Club member. Miss the days of walking to the mailbox, waiting for those fan club booklets!

Who's you're favourite character? Hmm....I have always loved Moonshade/Strongbow and feel like they are one (until recently with the Final Quest!). But Nightfall too. I think I am more like her and my hubby like Redlance. Only without the plant part.

What kind of music do you like, and which bands/artists? So many...Harry Connick, Jr., classical, Broadway, Black Eyed Peas.....easier to say what I don't like (can only take country for an hour and most rap-bleh)

Which other comics/graphic novels do you read? A Distant Soil. Not much else....going to try Sonny Strait's We Shadows and another line called Lady Killer as soon as I get to the comic store.

What are your hobbies? Reading. Wanting more time for cosplay creating. Hiking, dabbling a little in photography. Used to do lots of beading/jewelry making.

Favourite films? Ack. I always have a list in mind that I need to write down so I have an answer ready. Moulin Rouge, Star Wars, Ender's Game, most animation, Constantine, Vampire Lestat, Blast from the Past.....so much more.

Do you like videogames, and if yes, which games? Anyone remember King's Quest?

How are you like/describe your personality: Talkative with those I know but pretty quiet in a group, more fun to observe. Better to keep my mouth shut sometimes too, you know what they say, "if you don't have anything nice to say...". I want fairness and sometimes I just get too hot headed and speak before thinking!

Describe how you look: Tired. In need of a shower.

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:01 am

Hi Zinegirl. Hope you have fun and welcome to the tribe.

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:50 am

Name: let's just go with 'Leanan'...

Kids: just a kitty. Her name is Kassandra.

Favourite food:
sushi

How long have you been a fan of EQ?
20 years or thereabouts

How did you become a fan? I was into all things fantasy. I was reading the sale brochure of a local bookstore, and saw they were selling the Finnish translation of EQ. The cover shown was that of issue #5, very dramatic with Zwoots and all... since I was a poor teenager, I didn't go to the bookstore to buy them, I went to the local library. Only 'Fire and Flight' was translated to Finnish at that time, so for a long while I thought the story ended with a big party for Cutter and Leetah while Rayek rode off into the desert alone... finally I just happened to do a search for 'ElfQuest' in the library computer database and, well, it was like 'from famine to feast', all those lovely books in English!

Who's you're favourite character?
If I have to pick just one, Skywise. Skywise smile

What kind of music do you like, and which bands/artists? Heavy metal and such, particularly melodic metal like Nightwish... also Battlelore, Turisas, Sonata Arctica, Sirenia, HIM, Oratory, Tacere...

Which other comics/graphic novels do you read? Lots and lots... Girl Genius, Fables, Sandman, Death, Books of Magic, Love and Rockets, Nemi, Lone Wolf and Cub, Blade of the Immortal, Barefoot Gen...

What are your hobbies? Reading, writing, arts and crafts, way too much internet

Favourite films? Lord of the Rings, anything from Studio Ghibli, Disney animations, Harry Potter series

Do you like videogames, and if yes, which games? I haven't played any in a long time... when I was a teenager I was addicted to Worms Armageddon and Sim City 2000... I did try WoW once for a free trial but decided it was not worth paying for.

How are you like/describe your personality: I try to get along with people but if I disagree with someone I'm not afraid to say it, even if it hurts their feelings... I'm too honest for my own good sometimes. And though I am very social I need some alone time too.

Describe how you look:Chubby, pale-skinned, brown-eyed, blue-haired Hobbit Zhantee

Dream destination for next holiday if money++ are no issue? Japan

Favorite "what-if" couple in Elfquest? Trinket and Mender Trinket

Name of character that deserves to be drawn (more) by Wendy: Huntress Skyfire

Read 'Beyond Mere Flight' - click here!
Skywise Wink thanks to Embala for the banner! Kahvi )
Back to top Go down
Tam

Leo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:30 am

@llannen wrote:
@Kojiyumi wrote:
@llannen wrote:
Wait-@Kojiyumi-I had to google it-thought Lolo's just in AZ? Where you at??? I'm in North Phoenix. (But please don't hate me, I have to try Lolo's one more time....and I didn't have the waffles so was left a little nonplussed at all the fuss with that place??? Ducking and running now!!!)

Y'all just tell me when, I'll see when I can get time off. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://oakleafholt.boards.net
llannen

Virgo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:41 am

@Tam wrote:
@llannen wrote:
@Kojiyumi wrote:
@llannen wrote:

Okay! (Anyone else want to join in-Phoenix?) Let me look ahead at my schedule and find something fun to do....unless you want to come up this weekend for Pride Parade? We are going for awhile in the morning.....

Leo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:59 am

@llannen wrote:
@Tam wrote:
@llannen wrote:
@Kojiyumi wrote:
@llannen wrote:

Okay! (Anyone else want to join in-Phoenix?) Let me look ahead at my schedule and find something fun to do....unless you want to come up this weekend for Pride Parade? We are going for awhile in the morning.....

Ugh, I would love to...I hear Phoenix Pride is epic. But I will be working. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://oakleafholt.boards.net
Kojiyumi

Location : Between the gutter and the stars... or more often, Discord

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:03 am

@llannen wrote:
@Tam wrote:
@llannen wrote:
@Kojiyumi wrote:
@llannen wrote:

Ah, I wish, but I am trying to make the comicon volunteer meeting this weekend >_< Plus errands. Maybe next weekend? Or after?

LOL. We could go hike Papago and take pictures in the Sun Village caves/Hole-in-the-Rock.
Back to top Go down
http://servalspot.com
Stargazer

Cancer Cat

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:35 am

Ok, I'm game!

Name: Gillian, Gill for short.

Occupation: house manager for a disability services organisation.

Favourite food: Duck

How long have you been a fan of EQ?: 30+ years

How did you become a fan?: hanging around a comic shop, waiting for my then-boyfriend who'd gone in to talk to a friend. I wasn't really into comics (still aren't) but EQ caught my eye. I think the third issue had just come out so I bought them all, and the rest is history.

Who's your favourite character?: It's always been Skywise!

Which other comics/graphic novels do you read?: none...still not into any other comics.

What are your hobbies?: lots of crafts. I cross stitch, knit, crochet, draw, read.

Favourite films?: Tombstone, LotR, Constantine, lots of fantasy and SciFi.

Do you like video games?: nope. I played Sonic a couple of times back in the days of the Megadrive and haven't touched any since.

What are you like/describe your personality: I'm pretty easygoing most of the time, but I like being in charge. I get along with most people. I love a challenge. I have a very, very long fuse, but if you push me too far...you better
start running!

Describe how you look: like I've had a long day (cause I have!)
Back to top Go down
llannen

Virgo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:55 am

@Stargazer: were you watching Constantine on the TV recently like me? Surprised

Cancer Cat

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:55 am

No, but I saw it on DVD not too long ago.
Back to top Go down
Fairyring

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:00 pm

Name: Christina, but you may call me Fairyring.

Kids: a babyboy (2 months) Smile.

Favourite food: I am a vegetarian, so I really like broccoli. One day, I steamed a whole Broccoli and ate it without anything else and my husband as like: "What the **** ???!"  Laughing  

How long have you been a fan of EQ? I don't know exactly anymore, I must have been around 12 or 13 maybe? So it's 10+ already. Wow. Time flies!

How did you become a fan? My father bought me the comics because he knew I have always loved elves as a little girl and was drawing them all the time (and still do)!

Who's you're favourite character? I am fond of Leetha and Tyleet. Such sweet personalities. My favourite couple is Strongbow/Moonshade but what on earth - pardon, world of two moons - is happening to this wonderful couple in "The Final Quest"?  

What kind of music do you like, and which bands/artists? Classic, Smooth Jazz, New Age, Soundtracks...I especially love Chopin and Keiko Matsui.

Which other comics/graphic novels do you read? Apart from Elfquest I prefer reading books.  study

What are your hobbies? Reading, studying, drawing, painting, make up, cooking, baking creative and colorful cakes and cupcakes, swimming, inline skating, cooking with friends, writing poetry, photography...

...oh, and feeding my husband with lots of healty vegetables.  alien  

Favourite films?

THE ELFQUEST MOVIE IN MY HEAD.

Just kidding. I like Avatar, Forest Gump and Disney/Studio Ghibli animations.

Do you like videogames, and if yes, which games? If I find time, I love to play The Sims, Zelda oder The Elder Scrolls/Skyrim.

How are you like/describe your personality:
Artistic, caring, sensitive.

Describe how you look: I look pretty asian because I am half German, half Japanese/Filipino.

Dream destination for next holiday if money++ are no issue?: Australia.

Favorite "what-if" couple in Elfquest?: I would have wished for Tyleet and somebody else than Scouter/Dewshine and Rayek and somebody else than Winnowill. Apart from that, I like all couples so far.

Name of character that deserves to be drawn (more) by Wendy:  Crescent. She should have never died at all. I would also like to have seen more about Toorah, Suntoucher and how they raised Leetha...and Treestump as a child would have been interesting! Smile Also Winnowill back then when she was "good" and not yet insanely maleficent.
Back to top Go down
Fairyring

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:08 pm

@Leanan wrote:

Favourite food: sushi

I love sushi, too...could eat it every day. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:03 pm

Guess it's time to fill in this again.

Name (your real name, or whatever you want us to call you): Let's stick with Embala

Occupation: banker - no customers service but organization and apprenticeship

Got a job/are you at school? bank employee

Favourite food: varies with mood, season and appetite. I prefer a good mix.

How long have you been a fan of EQ? almost 30 years

How did you become a fan? by accident ^^ (I've written the following for a grab-bag years ago)

How things started to happen........................................................................

*Ya think?* Disaproval. *You are too old for this!*
*... but ... this cover is too beautiful ...* Once more I had caught myself with a comic book in my hands - this comic book! *The wolf looks fantastic ...*

*You are an adult, are you?!* Once more I tried to make up my mind - should I really buy it? *Crrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrazy*
*These figures are so graceful ...* Once more I was too ashamed to pay for it at the cash desk. *... but elves are for children.*

The voice of reason (or my shyness) had prevailed over the instinctive wish to possess this album - if only for cover art's sake. I didn't know that it was too late already ... I would return again ... and again ... and finally buy it - read it - fall in love forever.

...................................................................................................The Beginning

Who's you're favourite character? Strongbow, Venka, Two-Edge

What kind of music do you like, and which bands/artists? bit of country, bit of rock and pop ... no prefered style or artists, just single songs.

Which other comics/graphic novels do you read? nothing specific or memorable. If anything Asterix and some Forgotten Realms. Nothing I've stuck long enough and constantly enough to call myself a fan. ElfQuest is "the one and only".

What are your hobbies? Too many.
Elfquest - reading, the forum, making collages
varios crafts - flower elf dolls, decorated Easter Eggs, gemstone flowers, selfmade jewelry
Mad collector
reading (in case I find time - rarely happens)
collecting whatever

Favourite films? Nothing specific - old western, science fiction, fantasy ... again it's a mix.

Do you like videogames, and if yes, which games? Not my cup of tea.

How are you like/describe your personality: Calm, patient and stubburn, reasonable and  emotional, shy and guarded ... though it looks like more people consider me a friend than I know.

Describe how you look: Too short for my weight. XD

Indem du etwas tust, das dir oder jemand anderem gefällt, erschaffst du bereits einen Wert.

Last edited by Embala on Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jaRf

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:47 am

Name (your real name, or whatever you want us to call you):

jaRf
stands for "just another Rayek fan"
I needed a name for the scrolls and eqfanart and I wasn't kissed by muse at that moment but wanted something with Rayek inside - so with a reference to SuSE's YAST (SuSE Linux, yet another setup tool) I derived just another Rayek fan from that. And since jaRf was quite short and "speakable" I stuck with it.
It's a bit lame but it works.
Any why ever "jaRf" was taken here (probably forumotion wide) I had to put the _2015 behind it.

Other than that I have several different (nick)names.

30ies (as of 2015)
I feel different, though. Sometimes ageless, sometimes younger, sometimes older. *shrugs*

male

Depends.
I can be occupied with a lot of things cause I have a lot of different interests. Smile Currently I am writing this profile. Wink
My "profession" is a science of nature. And I fix boxes occasionally. You know. Computers.

Got a job / are you at school?

Yes and no, hard to explain. I had a job at University.
But on the paper I am between jobs. But I feel like I already worked so much in my life I could nearly retire. Wink

Favourite food:

Many many things. Ranges from healthy salads to chocolate fountains. I also like to cook.

How long have you been a fan of EQ?

Can't remember so well but iirc it was about 1997-1998 that I got to know it.

How did you become a fan?

I was already into elves. Pen and paper role playing and so on. Then I discovered the comics at a friend's house and was like "Whoa, elves! Gimme! Miiiine!" *clings to the comics*
I think I read through the main story in one big rush.
At the moment I feel a little crushed by the abrupt shutdown of the official EQ forums. Why must some people always ruin everything that is good?

Who's you're favourite character?

Obviously, Rayek.
For a lot of reasons.
Be kind with him, okay?
But he's followed by a lot of other characters.

What kind of music do you like, and which bands/artists?

This would be a long list. And I have a relatively broad spectrum. Though one main focus is a sub-type of metal.

Which other comics/graphic novels do you read?

Barely nothing. In the past, yes, a few. First I lacked money, then I lacked time and money.
I read novels, fantasy, Sci-Fi, horror and others. Computer related news sites, and web related politics. General politics. Various science books. Read. Currently I am so freaking busy that I only read the neccessary things. Because I have to read a lot of scientific stuff already. Little time for much else.

What are your hobbies?

Too many. Too little time.

Favourite films?

A lot. Smile
And also a broad spectrum.

Do you like videogames, and if yes, which games?

Yes. Plenty. Wish I had more time.
A lot of old ones from the past. A lot of indie games. Few modern ones.
But I keep away from gaming consoles (though Nintendo did have some innovative stuff) and from enterprises like Ubisoft and all the others with their content protection crap. I suggest Humble Indie Bundle and gog as platforms, they offer a lot of system independent stuff (Linux!) and mainly (all in case of gog) is DRM free.

How are you like/describe your personality:

This would be a hard task. It would be better to have people describe me. Still that would also be only one perspective.
I guess I am a bit multifarious.

Describe how you look:

(When shaved) People say I look like an elf. :p

Dream destination for next holiday if money was no issue?

World tour. And the moon.
There are so many beautiful places everywhere. No matter if it is Europe (where I come from), America (N. ~ / M. ~ / S. ~), Africa, Antarctica, Asia, Australia and surr. islands.
Oh yes, please give me the money to visit all these places. Smile

Best concert you ever seen?

I have been to too few concerts to give a good judgement. At least I think there were too few. I'm also waiting for certain bands to ever show up live. And nobody will know the name of those bands so...

Favorite "what-if" couple in Elfquest?

Not the easiest question. I don't know. With the sheer number of characters that offers many possibilities. And as long as it is a good match... everything is possible.
Rayek deserves something other than Winnie, that is what I can say.

Name a character that deserves to be drawn (more) by Wendy:

R... (you know)
But there are several characters that might deserve a higher frequency of appearance.
Back to top Go down
Fairyring

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:20 pm

@Embala wrote:

*These figures are so graceful ...* Once more I was too ashamed to pay for it at the cash desk. *... but elves are for children.*

My parents also thought comics with elves on them are for children...good for me that they didn't see "adult thing" the wolfriders did with the go-backs before going into bloody war...they would have banned all my comics! Rolling Eyes Laughing
Back to top Go down
Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:34 pm

*cuckles* Good for you!

Back to top Go down
Fairyring

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:40 pm

It would have been a loss indeed! And Tolkien wouldn't have made it any better... Razz

If you see a Fairy Ring
In a field of grass,
Very lightly step around,
Tip-Toe as you pass,
Last night Fairies frolicked there
And they're sleeping somewhere near.

~
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:00 pm

Hello! farao (Why the farao? Because!)
Just me Redhead popping in.
Back to top Go down
Blackbird

Aquarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:03 pm

Hi there Smile Nice to see you here Smile

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:10 pm

Got a question. Is there a way I can find a collection of all those "survey questions" you guys are posting?
Back to top Go down
ChristinaRaibert

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:14 pm

Hiya Red!! Very Happy *hugs* So great to have you in our new holt!!

Thanks to my dearest friend Embala for the signature! Healing currents, indeed... I love you
Over-the-moon Sunstream and 'shipper
"She answered his faraway, telepathic call, introducing him to her watery domain. Her longings fulfilled, she knows he will soon go by another name on this world... and on many others. Will she go with him?"
Sunstream and Brill, 1999 "Lovemates" Calendar
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:58 pm

Name: Anne

Kids: Nope, don't want 'em either

Favorite food: Fish

How long have been a fan of EQ? Around 1998

How did you become a fan? My cousin introduced me

Who's your favorite character?  That's a secret. Ember

What kind of music do you like, and which bands/artists? All kinds of stuff

Which other comics/graphic novels do you read? Can't really think of any

What are your hobbies? Reading, spending way too much time on the internet, embroydery, drawing, paining, watching crazy guys ride their bikes.

Favorite films? Can't really think of any

Do you like videogames, and if yes, which games? Not a gamer

How are you like/describe your personality: Dunno...

Dream destination for next holiday if money++ are no issue? I'd like to go the Belgium to Watch some of the Spring Classics

Best concert you ever seen? Never been much of a concert-goer...

Favorite "what-if" couple in Elfquest? Venka + Two-Edge

Name on character that deserves to be drawn (more) by Wendy: Lutei. Preferably in a flashback so we'd get to see him still alive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's all get to know each other, eh?   

Back to top Go down

Let's all get to know each other, eh?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Father Tree Holt :: Enter the Scroll Room-
Jump to: