Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

By Treestump's beard!

Go down 
+10
truelight
Embala
PCoquelin
Kindredsoul
Lunakat
Startear
G0lden
Wiseshaman
Elwing
Kojiyumi
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

By Treestump's beard! Empty
PostSubject: By Treestump's beard!   By Treestump's beard! EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 1:29 am

This is a character I sometimes feel gets less attention than deserved.  He's one of the eldest of the eldest (if not the OLDEST?) of the Wolfriders, and whom Cutter often left in charge of the tribe when he had to run off for whatever reason.

We've seen him loose a soulmate, and loose a sister. We've seen him gentle and we've seem him fierce. He's like the big teddy bear of the tribe.

But he's obviously been written as such an in depth character as well. Especially as the voice of reason when needed in any council discussion. Yet not much discussion is ever done on him.

Is it because we never see much drama happen with him, or directly? As we always have seen with Cutter and others in the tribe?

Or is it because he is such a beloved character to all, that there's not a single thing about him that strives a discussion or a debate? He's just simply loved and adored by all, that we always expect Treestump to be around....

Share any thoughts!

I would love to see him and Clearbrook surprised with a cub though >__>

Cutter egg 2018 from Embala
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: By Treestump's beard!   By Treestump's beard! EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 1:40 am

Oh wouldn't that be fun. A very late life cub. It would turn the entire tribe on it's collective ear.

Kojiyumi

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: By Treestump's beard!   By Treestump's beard! EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 3:25 am

Oh, didn't you know?  They do have a cub eventually.  He gets his father's beard and joviality and his mother's hair color and heart.

By Treestump's beard! Santa-Claus-A

*RUNS*
Back to top Go down
PCoquelin

PCoquelin

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: By Treestump's beard!   By Treestump's beard! EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 4:40 am

Treestump and Pike are the ones who may prove to be the most surprising ones, in what will follow.

Treestump's dream reveals HE will be the one who will face and feel the coming MORAL conflict the most...

By Treestump's beard! PC669_DCA2_SuntopToAdvAv

...and in the grimmest way.

By Treestump's beard! Adt-21

By Treestump's beard! Adt-22

By Treestump's beard! Adt-23

Last edited by PCoquelin on Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Elwing

Elwing

Cancer Dog

PostSubject: Re: By Treestump's beard!   By Treestump's beard! EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 3:26 pm

Love this character, he is just that down to earth huggable bear guy. And I love how he has evolved in recent issues- he fought hard for these metal working skills, and this has brought a change that is perfectly in character. I'm interested to see where this goes, but I'm also a bit worried. He is the oldest Wolfrider. How old can they get? And also, has any Wolfrider ever died of plain old age?
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: By Treestump's beard!   By Treestump's beard! EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 4:58 pm

How much it will mean nowadays with retconed timelines and rules: By Treestump's beard! _07_tr10#07 found
It was said on the old Scroll in some long discussions that a Wolfrider life will last 2,500 to 3,500 years - depending on the amount of wolf blood. (Or was it somewhere in the Wolfrider's Guide?)

Wolfrider! stated that Bearclaw is 1,000 to 1,200 years old and "the oldest Wolfrider ever". Since his death less than 600 years passed ... this would make Treestump 1,500 years old give or take. Plenty of time in human terms left for him. I think IF something will happen to him it will not be "natural death by age", tho.

I'm happy to have a thread for the honorable elder that does him justice! Treestump

Last edited by Embala on Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:47 pm; edited 11 times in total
Back to top Go down
Wiseshaman

Wiseshaman

PostSubject: Re: By Treestump's beard!   By Treestump's beard! EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 5:32 pm

Elwing wrote:
Love this character, he is just that down to earth huggable bear guy. And I love how he has evolved in recent issues- he fought hard for these metal working skills, and this has brought a change that is perfectly in character. I'm interested to see where this goes, but I'm also a bit worried. He is the oldest Wolfrider. How old can they get? And also, has any Wolfrider ever died of plain old age?

I thought Rain and Rainsong lived to somewhere around 5,000 while waiting for Leetah's return in KoTBW?

But hey...I'm usually wrong and reminded of it in SPECTACULAR fashion... afro

http://www.rkanepublications.com/
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: By Treestump's beard!   By Treestump's beard! EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 6:04 pm

btw: Charming what-if kiddo, Kojiyumi! Treestump + Clearbrook = santa

Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: By Treestump's beard!   By Treestump's beard! EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 7:34 pm

I don't think we know how long Rainsong and Woodlock lived.. it was ambiguous (unless someone wants to go count those pebbles!)

I love Treestump too- but I think he is going to die in Final Quest. I could see him sacrificing himself.
As far as his dream about seeing his weapons turn on elves is concerned... I wonder if some of the elves contacted by Sunstream will turn out to be hostile?

PCoquelin

PCoquelin

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: By Treestump's beard!   By Treestump's beard! EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 6:06 pm

"Hostile" ?

Too weak an adjective, if what I foresee is true.
Winnowill will soon seem quite gentle, in comparison.

But the main trouble will come from the elves we've come to love and 'know'.

Wendy was right in pointing : "Careful what you wish for".

By Treestump's beard! CarefulWhatYouWishFor

I'm very much afraid the main question will soon be...

Who will fight whom?

By Treestump's beard! SAVAH_Origins6

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: By Treestump's beard!   By Treestump's beard! EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 6:49 pm

So the pattern thus far is bad trees... Shocked

Back to top Go down
PCoquelin

PCoquelin

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: By Treestump's beard!   By Treestump's beard! EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 7:13 pm

"bad trees"...

Okay. I'll be blunt: those trees in the dreams are SYMBOLIC.

On one hand we have Treestump, a wolfrider who discovers the hard way the secrets of forge...

...on the other hand we have the Sun Folk who already knew...

...agriculture, pottery, elaborate clothes (fabrics and silk), forge, jewellery, bakery, simple architecture, riding zwoots, well building (for fresh water), and I certainly forget some...

...and who had fire & light magic (Savah), some mental magic (even if they lost the habit of sending, unlike the Wolfriders), a healer.

It doesn't come from nowhere...

By Treestump's beard! Sidmeirsciv2_pcbox

...and it obviously means the ELFIN NATION Savah comes from was already VERY CIVILIZED.

Now figure immense time between the flight of Savah and her parents and now...

By Treestump's beard! PC219_AurekSig2

...and maybe you'll get the pattern.

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: By Treestump's beard!   By Treestump's beard! EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 7:31 pm

I actually don't, because my mind is too simple to grasp things

But that's what we have you for Wink

Back to top Go down
PCoquelin

PCoquelin

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: By Treestump's beard!   By Treestump's beard! EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 3:55 am

I'm here to guess and to share with you, dear elf-friends.

The two main civilizational problems with elves are :
. their awfully low birth rate
. their tendancy to remain secluded

However, given the proper haven, with enough accumulated forces joining them, and by using some specific magic against humans...
...they CAN conquer this world of two moons.

Civilization may take...

By Treestump's beard! PC676_YoungVollAv

...MANY forms.

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: By Treestump's beard!   By Treestump's beard! EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 4:33 am

And probably be the better rulers.

PCoquelin

PCoquelin

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: By Treestump's beard!   By Treestump's beard! EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:08 am

G0lden wrote:

Probably, yes...

Especially if they remain hidden, mere 'imps' pulling the strings from afar...

By Treestump's beard! PC120_EmberGhost

...up to the Rebels' time.

Winnowill could only slow them down.

I have the baaaaaaad feeling elf-mom will want my skin for telling you this...

By Treestump's beard! Pc913_10

Startear

Aquarius Goat

PostSubject: Re: By Treestump's beard!   By Treestump's beard! EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 11:29 am

It always surprised me that some people wished him dead in One-Eye's place. Or even actively disliked him. I liked his cunning in Wolfrider, his wit, and how supportive he is of Dewshine and Cutter. He also gave Clearbrook space when she needed it and support when that was required. He also never was jealous when he developed romantic feelings for her.

Also, and this is in no way relevant to anything, but in my younger days I always thought that if any character would be swell to have as a dad, it would be him.

Thanks to Embala for the lovely banner! The quote belongs to Scooter.
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: By Treestump's beard!   By Treestump's beard! EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 3:13 pm

I never really got how some folks were such big fans of One Eye. He barely had any personality. He was the most generic of the Wolfriders- and he only even got any screen time as a set up for being killed. What do we know about him really? He liked Clearbrook's hair the way it was and thought the Gliders should have left well enough alone. That's pretty much it. Otherwise... he's just a face in the crowd. A distinctive face because of his eye- but as much a red-coat as any of the Go Backs.

He was like that guy from the ship's crew in Star Trek Original Series- who got a quick name and backstory, just so he could be killed off later in the episode. "I'm Lieutenant So and So and I'm getting married today!" Followed by "Oh god- I'm dead!" and "My fiance is dead!" and "Yes, he's dead, Jim." Followed by "How poignant! He was just about to get married! Alas- space is a dangerous place for mankind! May we all be so brave!" Ponder. Next episode.

One Eye's death was what gave Clearbrook all of her character development. Before that, she was as much a background character as he was. Afterward, she epitomized the process working through grief, and we could all admire her for it. Dying was the most important thing he ever did as a character- possibly the only important thing.

And of course, he paved the way for Treestump... because in order to move on from loss, you have to be willing to let something (or someone) new into your life. You have to move on toward a new future. So dating Treestump was the end result of Clearbrook making the transition from grief-stricken widow, stuck in the moment of her mate's death, to a woman with some grief in her past who still continues to live her life in the present. It's a journey anyone who has been through anything similar can relate to.

And that's why Treestump. Besides- he'd been alone a long time. It was about time he got some.

Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: By Treestump's beard!   By Treestump's beard! EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 2:27 am

PCoquelin wrote:
G0lden wrote:

Probably, yes...

Especially if they remain hidden, mere 'imps' pulling the strings from afar...

By Treestump's beard! PC120_EmberGhost

...up to the Rebels' time.

Winnowill could only slow them down.

I have the baaaaaaad feeling elf-mom will want my skin for telling you this...

By Treestump's beard! Pc913_10

I never read Rebels, so that's probably why I don't get it Shocked

Lunakat wrote:

It was about time he got some.

lol!

Totally didn't see Treestump's thread going in that direction, Luna! But well said! Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down
PCoquelin

PCoquelin

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: By Treestump's beard!   By Treestump's beard! EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 3:52 am

By Treestump's beard! Pc103410

It seems I derailed this thread, somehow...

Treestump is the oldest Wolfrider alive, having known Bearclaw's time and rule.
He could probably ( if his memory allows him to ) remember interesting things from that time.

But, strangely enough, he is the one who tried to get some progress among the tribe by exploring the secrets of the forge.

How far will this go ?...

By Treestump's beard! PC1009_DCA4_CutterAv

Will it go too far...?

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: By Treestump's beard!   By Treestump's beard! EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 7:39 am

Overlooking Treestump ... this was Treestump's thread, opened by Fourleafclover, on the original Scroll of Colors. Follow old discussions and see fanart from earlier times.

Visit Treestump's bio page on Elfquest.com. By Treestump's beard! _10_tr10#10 found

@Kindredsoul Would you consider to quote these informations and add it to your first post for easier access?

Last edited by Embala on Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:47 pm; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: By Treestump's beard!   By Treestump's beard! EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 9:17 am

'Character Bio':

Treestump/Birdcall (m)  Treestump

Alive (staying) – mortal
Brother of Joyleaf
Recognized lifemate of Rillfisher
Father of Dewshine
Grandfather of Windkin
Adoptive grandfather of Pool
Uncle of Cutter
Lifemate of Clearbrook
Student of Two-Edge

Last edited by Redhead Ember on Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:58 am; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
truelight

truelight

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: By Treestump's beard!   By Treestump's beard! EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 11:17 pm

Lunakat wrote:
I never really got how some folks were such big fans of One Eye. He barely had any personality. He was the most generic of the Wolfriders- and he only even got any screen time as a set up for being killed. What do we know about him really? He liked Clearbrook's hair the way it was and thought the Gliders should have left well enough alone. That's pretty much it. Otherwise... he's just a face in the crowd. A distinctive face because of his eye- but as much a red-coat as any of the Go Backs.

He was like that guy from the ship's crew in Star Trek Original Series- who got a quick name and backstory, just so he could be killed off later in the episode. "I'm Lieutenant So and So and I'm getting married today!" Followed by "Oh god- I'm dead!" and "My fiance is dead!" and "Yes, he's dead, Jim." Followed by "How poignant! He was just about to get married! Alas- space is a dangerous place for mankind! May we all be so brave!" Ponder. Next episode.

One Eye's death was what gave Clearbrook all of her character development. Before that, she was as much a background character as he was. Afterward, she epitomized the process working through grief, and we could all admire her for it. Dying was the most important thing he ever did as a character- possibly the only important thing.

And of course, he paved the way for Treestump... because in order to move on from loss, you have to be willing to let something (or someone) new into your life. You have to move on toward a new future. So dating Treestump was the end result of Clearbrook making the transition from grief-stricken widow, stuck in the moment of her mate's death, to a woman with some grief in her past who still continues to live her life in the present. It's a journey anyone who has been through anything similar can relate to.

And that's why Treestump. Besides- he'd been alone a long time. It was about time he got some.

I like Clearbrooke much more with Treestump. I also think it would be great if they somehow had a cub. I think at this point she has been with him longer then she was with One Eye.
Back to top Go down
Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: By Treestump's beard!   By Treestump's beard! EmptyFri Oct 09, 2015 4:31 am

Most fans don't like facefur and they prefer lithe elves, that's why most fans don't care for Treestump. Plus, he 'usurped' One Eye's place and keeps her from 'beeing eternal faithful to dead partner'

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: By Treestump's beard!   By Treestump's beard! EmptyFri Oct 09, 2015 5:50 am

I like Treestump and Clearbrook together.
I like the fact that it was hinted pretty clearly throughout SaBM that Treestump quite liked Clearbrook, but still stood aside and waited for her to come to terms with One-Eye's death before pursuing her romantically, all the while being a staunch supporter during her difficult time.
I like the fact that they were able to find new love in their "old age", after having both lost their recognized lifemates.

PCoquelin wrote:
Treestump is the oldest Wolfrider alive, having known Bearclaw's time and rule.

That can be said about quite a few of the current Wolfriders.

Cutter SmileNightfallRedlance SMile Skywise smile Moonshade Strongbow Scowl Treestump Clearbrook Scouter Dewshine

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil

Last edited by Redhead Ember on Wed May 03, 2023 12:00 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: By Treestump's beard!   By Treestump's beard! Empty

Back to top Go down

By Treestump's beard!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Father Tree Holt :: Keeping In Character-
Jump to: