Share | 

Art of Rainflower

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Fairyring

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Art of Rainflower   Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:39 am

You are welcome. Whenever I'll see a purple dress I will think of your pretty Moonshade dresses! ♥

If you see a Fairy Ring
In a field of grass,
Very lightly step around,
Tip-Toe as you pass,
Last night Fairies frolicked there
And they're sleeping somewhere near.

~
Back to top Go down
Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: Art of Rainflower   Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:27 pm

Hehehe, funny. Here's not purple clothes, but the two mexican sisters from the Hidalgo Ranch. I love sisterly love, prbably from having sisters myself.

Back to top Go down
Fairyring

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Art of Rainflower   Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:40 pm

Leetha and Shenshen looking so cute! Shenshen clothes are a bit more playful which suits her character. These are their usual colours - suit them best!

...hehehe...so they're from Mexico! Wink

If you see a Fairy Ring
In a field of grass,
Tip-Toe as you pass,

~
Back to top Go down
Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: Art of Rainflower   Sat May 02, 2015 6:16 am

I desided I just wanted to put up some other artworks wile waiting to other Elfwest woman are introduced.

I made this for Moonmoss in Secret Santa a year. She requested something with Pike and Vaya. I'm so sad they didn't get a chance together, they would have been wonderfull Sad
Back to top Go down
Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: Art of Rainflower   Sat May 02, 2015 6:19 am

Hehe, another Shenshen scetch. I had planned to color it, but I never got to. I should get started on this, but somehow I like it better in just scetchy style. Just like Edward Munch never wanted to complete his 'Sick Girl' image, because it was better as a scetch. What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Art of Rainflower   Sun May 03, 2015 2:07 pm

I see some lovely older drawings from you! I love how you drew Shenshens hair! She really looks cute and lovely! Love the dress, specially the top with those short sleeves!
Back to top Go down
Fairyring

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Art of Rainflower   Mon May 04, 2015 8:14 am

Shenshen looks her best when you draw her!
You show her kinda "cute" personality traits...Leetha's little sister. Smile I love you

If you see a Fairy Ring
In a field of grass,
Tip-Toe as you pass,

~
Back to top Go down
Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: Art of Rainflower   Mon May 18, 2015 3:10 am

Thank you, wolfmoonsky and Fairyring.

I'll post this here as well.
Back to top Go down
faeriegirl

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Art of Rainflower   Mon May 18, 2015 3:11 am

Adorable cubs!!

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: Art of Rainflower   Mon May 18, 2015 3:15 am

Another Elfwest inspired Picture. Here; Venka.

What can I say? Just how I imagine she would be in the future EW. I couldn't deside either if I was to to give her a cowgirl look or an indian look, so I gave her a bit of both.
Back to top Go down
faeriegirl

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Art of Rainflower   Mon May 18, 2015 3:16 am

Venka also looks amazing!

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Art of Rainflower   Sun May 31, 2015 4:28 pm

Your amazing ElfWest costumes are back! sunny Sorry for "just lurking" for so long, Rainflower.

I remember Joyleaf well. She is indeed her perfect self - look, colors and feisty pose. And dangerous Bearclaw - gorgeous entry for the old badger! Attitude and expression are so him ... no doubt even in contemporary Western duds.

Sweet young love - love her hair, it's just like Dewshine's youth look. And the pose reminds me ... don't know but she has the innocent playful vibe of early EQ days. Scouter's glance over the shoulder ... a bit shy, a bit flirting? Or is he just telling how great he did yesterday at ... a.s.o....? ^^ The blue shine of her white dress seems to mirror the sky.

Beautiful trick-shot looks perrrrfect! Nightfall is gorgeous in this role - and costume. It's like we imagine a show outfit and mimics her traditional EQ duds at the same time. I love the pencil handcoloring.

Leetah's stunning costumes are back ... and new ones when my memory doesn't betray me!  Shocked
Of course the Desert rose must have a well filled variant wardrobe. Once again you've taken inspiration from her canon clothing and made it fit the western style beautifully.

The golden stary dots on rich red - like her top during the challenge - complete with a tooth necklace. Elegant blue and gold - I love the golden border replacing the frings and the lacing of the top. The sunny hat completes the elegant look nicely. I don't remember her explicitly ing light green and brown ... it's a color scheme I easily see for her forest/prairie, though. Suits her well and the flower-hairband is an eye catcher.

Another casual dress in light brown and yellow blouse with dots again - highlighted with a green shawl. Still something I'd associate more with Shenshen and still something that suits Leetah well. The yellow hairband picks up the golden crown theme perfectly. Back to Sunvillage outfit to inspire a riding costume. You've transformed the travel outfit beautifully. The sassy little hat is an adorable touch. No doubt what inspired the green velvet dress. So ElfWest - and so unmistakably the "human" dress from KotBW.

This long red coat is definitely the missing part of the SE travel outfit! Love the lacing and your hat designs. Very "Hidaldo Princess" style - the pink nightgown found best usage as a ravishing ballroom entry. Kudos for the crown transformation. Saloon singer Leetah was allowed to keep all her gold and fringes this time ... and shows her pretty legs. You've made it look so swinging ... like caught in a dance move. Last not least another red dress. The white blouse and the flattering fit of the top gives a both innocent and artful vibe.

There are advantages to be the daughter of a dressmaker without doubt! Crescent has a beautiful rich wardrobe to choose from.
Simply in violet for all day casual ... in innocent white that mirrors the blue sky for a summer dance with Skywise ... and tomboyish to work on the farm. This last one is so "Daddy's big girl" from ElfWest. (Yes, I got a glimpse then and now.) Well-behaved in warm chestnut brown with white bonnet and orderly braided ... a practical riding outfit with a very attractive shirt/blouse and cowboy hat ... and last not least a festive gown in flattering purple. I like the lace borders and the fitting hairband - that's so Moonshade's ways.
As pretty all those dresses are - I'm partial to the turquoise one. It turned out stunning in it's simplicity and suits Crescent excellently!

Hardly anything that would not suit Nightfall, is it? Wink
Leaves of fall .... Light browns and warm orange - casual all day dresses. I like how the collar of the brown vest shows reminiscences of her green top. Red, brown and a bit of green for the riding outfit - I love the decorated boots! And the show outfit - perfect to use her poncho style from Sorrows End! *clap*
Leaves of summer ... Bright green highlighted by red borders and a golden scarf. Very attractive fit of the jacket, another sassy cap and elgant shoes. A light dress for a summer Sunday ... I see a leves pattern all over it ... with artful lace borders. Back to more casual with a green skirt and different blouses. The orange one could have automn leaves as a pattern and the white one is highlighted with a red bow. The bow ... another reminiscence of her OQ looks.

Now for the dressmaker herself - shades of purple are a must-do for Moonshade. Her dresses are modest and practical, suitable for a woman of her age and social position - yet elegant and with a playful touch to please her artful skills. I love the ruffles on the blouse and the silken flowers on the hat of the first design. A lovely flower pattern on a white blouse going with a dark brown skirt and a shawl in a lighter hue. The crescents brooch, Strongbow's gift, is the perfect touch. I love you The next one was inspired by her look in SatS, I bet! Violet with red borders ... and a wonderful bonned instead of the hood. It's good to see Moonshade open hair, too ... in a friendly light dress with a purple flower pattern. I love the ruffles and ribbons on this dress - decent enought to need a second glimpse yert so pretty. Last not least a practical travel costume with appropriate hat. Very Moonshade.

Nostalgic memories ... this drawing of the Hidalgo sisters must have been one of your early ones. Simple Mexican style suits the sisters well and the "original" color scheme for both goes so well together. Once again I must tell you how I love to see "oldfashioned" coloring and shading for a change. It has a very own appeal.

Another gorgeous take on Hidalgo Shenshen ... very much in character and beautifully captured. I like the sketchy style ...

The drawing of the three kids is pure fun, Rainflower! Tomboyish Chitter is misbehaving ... Krill just finds it funny  while Brill is appropriately shocked. Laughing Prizeless expressions!

Venka is just "native American" enough - I simply love her look. WOW - she's stunning!

Wonderful drawing of Pike and Vaya in a happy dreamed-up moment. They turned out adorably.

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: Art of Rainflower   Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:39 am

Back to top Go down
Kojiyumi

PostSubject: Re: Art of Rainflower   Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:55 am

I do so love these! They're so perfect and wonderfully LHotP, which was one of my favorite shows growing up as a kitling!

ණ⃛(ᵒ͈̑ᴗ̂ᵒ͈̑ )” Getting stuff done at the speed of speed of smell! ─=≡Σ((( つ•̀ω•́)つ
Back to top Go down
http://servalspot.com
Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: Art of Rainflower   Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:01 am

Embala my dear, I've said it before and I'll say it again; Your feedbacks are ALWAYS apreciated and welcome. Told by heart Hug I'm glad the new Leetah dresses were accepted; the pink flamenco dress, yes, inspired of her nightgown, troubled me awfully; couldn't deside for either pink/red/blue/green. But I came to the conclution it had to be pink. I'm mostly satisfied with the blue saloon dress.

Although the skirt is meant to be black, but I see first now that the coloring is a bit pale so I understand why you thought it was dark brown.

I'm glad you've given feedbacks on my other art as well. Thank you so much for that. cathat

I have some more gowns here, some you've seen before and some you have not, hehe. I'm curious to see what you have to say about Foxfur, cause there I had to be REALLY creative:monkey:

Kojiyumi, thank you so much as well. I'm glad you like them, that warms my heart Hug
Back to top Go down
Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Art of Rainflower   Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:27 pm

Don't worry about pale colors or wrong interpretations, Rainflower. I absolutely love the delicate pencil coloring! And I know well that scanner anc screen settings tend to cause some variance.

The family scene is full of love and playfulness. Brownberry looks so happy and pretty in her sunnyxwarm dress with the contemporaty lace adoernements. I like that Longbranch was allowed to keep his all red suit! Littly giggling Tyleet is so darling. *hugs*

The restaurant lady got a nicely fitting wardrobe, Rainflower. (yup, quoting myself again ^^) Yellow and warm orange are a lively variation of Brownberry's leathers an natural light brown and yellowish hues. And her berry necklace adds the rich dark red.

She looks especially beautiful in this outdoor jacket. It seems to be one of her best pieces with the velvet-like shine and the fur collar and triming. The warm color really suits her ... and the bonnet is so perfect for her. I love how you made it look soft and smooth with the shading - wishing to touch it.
The black spotted dress is so very much "Wild West" how I got it from from films and TV shows. Brownberry would so wear it in ElfWest! The way you made the pleats flow and then fit in the dots is very realistic. The little white collar and the ruffles at the bottom are the icing on the cake.
These are very preppy "professional duds" for the restaurant. The waistcoat bringing out her pretty figure just enough to be noticed Wink combined with a modest blouse and apron in neat clean white. The open hair gives her a less strict appearance.

I like the thought of the orange skirt being combined with several blouses - so practical and realistic. The yellow blouse with the ruffles and orange-brown border suits her well. These connections between different parts of clothing are always the cherry on top for me. I've noticed these brooch(?) at the collar before - seems to be an ongoing adornement. Smile
I like the white blouse with the simple bow and slightly puffed sleeves very much. It's plain ... but far from being boring. Is this a bracelet at her left wrist? Of course it is - a nice touch going with the comparably artless top. The original earrings are fab! First ... I love when the EW elves are not totally absorbed by western culture and habits - and keep some rebellious and unique, even so tiny, traits. Second ... the beery earrings are so perfect for he restaurant owner. I imagine she's famos for just this berry marmalade. XD
The party dress turned out fantastic. In fact it's the one I "recognize" Brownberry best. It looks like velvet for me - the rich berry red standing for the fruit and the delicate peach laces for the tiny blossoms of this berry bush. The hat fits spot on. I love the typical, elegant booties and subtle, but precious jewelry.

Ladylike Joyleaf returned! The sunny orange suits her but I LOVE the brown "touring" combination! Very elegant with a flattering fir, her familiar color and more loving details, like the little drapes and lace linings. And the hat - again such a perfect choice!

The "home comfy" mirrors her original style pretty well. Yeah for the flower rank pattern on her apron! I think riding pants are very much Joyleaf. The shirt and the buttoned vest are perfect.

The party dress takes up the colors of her flower rank again - and it's a perfect application on her head! The yellow dress is a surprise for me - very sunny. I like the laborious dot pattern.

Joyleaf looks very "western lady" in the next one. The diamond dots make it unique and I like how the color matches in the bonnet. the shawl is so typical and gives her a matured touch. You are right - blond Joyleaf looks great in red. It's a fantastic show outfit, fancy and eyecatching and still ladylike.

I'll return for cute Foxfur ... lost this post once and won't risk it again.

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Art of Rainflower   Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:16 pm

Excuse me, Rainflower ... I WANT to bring my old comments back!

@Rainflower wrote:

It's easy to see Crescent in the simple purple dress. Almost self-evident. The sky-blue dress and the hair bow are a surprise ... showing her dreamy side. She wants to be pretty for the young men.

I love the overall - a practical working girl. And it suits her! Well behaved in the brown dress ... it's a pity that the lilac don't show on my screen -it turns out white. I'm sure it is "her thing" to have some color in the mix.

Her riding outfit looks almost modern and sassy - a little rebel. The stripes turned out perfect, actually makes a pattern and looks youthful. Mommy's big girl - I love the purple dress with the lace borders.

Turquoise blue is another surprise - it suits her wonderfully. (Well, I'm a bit biased with the color.) The combination of skirt, blouse and jacket is very attractive and the hat is the cherry on top. I like that the blue hairbow repeats the color of the skirt.

@Rainflower wrote:

Nightfall's outfit (and the pose, of course) show her self confidence. I don't know WiseShaman's description but the first set is fab fior her. The waistcoat even reminds of her knotted green top. Practical everyday dress, again the collar corresponds with the collar of the generic green top.

Red, browns and a bit of green - the riding outfit is so Nightfall. The leatherwork on the boots is so fitting. I LOVE the idea to use the colorful poncho as show outfit!

The travel outfit is fab ... and it suits her MUCH better than that one-piecesuit. I love the red linings and the and the little hat. You are so good with such accessories! Lovely green dress. I like the leaf pattern (and she wore leaf applications more than once in original) and the careful lacing.

And I LIKE the more playful flower pattern blouse with lace and buttons - it shows her softer traits. And the red bow makes me think of her knotted tops again.

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Art of Rainflower   Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:22 pm

@Rainflower wrote:
Moonshade in ELfwest for those who desires.

Yeah - got the BM connection!  I bet your coloring is exactly the edition I have myself. The laces in the hat look fantastic - as does the blouse. Very careful loving work - worth the effort, Rainflower.
Didn't notice the inspiration for Moonshade on the right ... didn't help that the colors look brown instead of black and grey for me. Anyway - I like the practical touch, the playful flower pattern ... and absolutely LOVE that you made her TwoMoons necklace a brooch. Luvlove

SatS without doubt - the color scheme and the style screams it. You did terrific with the bonnet - and showing the ears is what it makes elf-special!
The flowery one gives her an innocent and carefree look - like made for a young girl. Love how you did the pattern and ruffled laces.
So the origin of the last dress can not be found in the comics ... still - it does make me think of Moonshade's very first look, just "lengthend" to fit the spirit of the time.

@Rainflower wrote:
Thanks Kindredsoul, and now they're up here as well Wink

First of all - your intention to capture the EQ reminiscences absolutely works! And I see you've put much thought into the practical needs - and turned them into stylish acessoires.

The red dress looks more festive than "everyday" for me - the yellow dots turned out like a lustrous star design. Definitely inspired by the top from the Challenge.
Blue sky and sun ... there was no need to "mark" it as SunVillage origin - but the sun design makes it special and connects it even more to EQ, just like the tooth necklace did for the red one.
I don't know the scene from day 10 you refer to (just skimmed ElfWest) but for me it pictures her leaning towards Cutter and the greens and browns mirror the life in the woods from EQ. The blossoms are a perfect link.

The brown/yellow everyday dress fits ElfWest. Nice idea with the flowery blouse.
I love the riding outfit in blue! ... for me it is very much Leetah and shows her Hidalgo origin in ElfWest. The hairdo is practical and suits the purpose - I like that you've included KC in your considerations.
The green one is clearly based on the velvet gown - and it's the changes that make it yours and ElfWest! I love how this over-skirt turned out. The hat completes it nicely.

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Art of Rainflower   Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:29 pm

@Rainflower wrote:

Foxfur ... never seen EW style before. Of cousrse the first one is her spit image from EQ #4 ... and it fits wonderfully. The wildberry dress flatters her ... very lovely with the violet shawl and light brown bonnet as harmonic contrasts. Very delicate.

The middle two ... turned out too monochrone for my taste. All browns with pale yellow or plain white. It's hard for me to imageine Foxfur without at least a hint of warm berry purple or firey foxy red.
Tho ... I've the suspicion that the dots are supposed to be berry colored! Kodos for this laborious pretty berry pattern! The white blose has a nice fit with the puffy sleeves and wide collar. Still missing some color for her ... maybe a barrette that imitates her original necklace? Or a colorful ribbon around the neck? Foxfur wears a broad characteristic belt ... I can totally see it going with the brown skirt. In dark violet going with the berry blouse and wildberry colored with the white one.
Or - make her a riding outtfit and use the belt?

A berry pink for the summer dance ^^ ... it looks light and swingy. This time the brown dots (is it brown?) and borders make it lively and underline her beautiful brown locks. Last not least the light yellow-purple summer dress ... this stips'n dots pattern is so attractive! With yellow chest insert (? vocabulary), the sash around the waist and the ruffled borders she turned out so young and fresh. and this hat is the perfect completation! *claps*

I'm so looking forward to see Clearbrook again ... or whatever you will come up with next, Rainflower! Keep the awesome work!

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: Art of Rainflower   Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:08 pm

You know, I gotta admit that the Brown skrit became a bit boring, but I thought she had a bit of dark Brown on her original colors and I wanted to be a bit practical With her job and all. And at the same time, I had already used the violet skrit. But... maybe I can make more With the pruple one? I could do that.

But you're right about the blouse; it is based on dreamberries. I got the impression that she likes them alot so that's why I gave her that one.
Back to top Go down
Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Art of Rainflower   Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:00 pm

Dreamberry blouse! ^^ Of course ... why didn't I think of that scene!

The brown skirt is fine for me, Rainflower ... it's just hard to imagine Foxfur without some strong color ... or something  special. Her belt ... I think it's mostly her belt I miss. Or a touch of fox fur.

And keep in mind ... I don't know much about ElfWest and how the Elves are pictured there. I share my thoughts - that's all. Smile

Last edited by Embala on Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Art of Rainflower   Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:54 pm

I request Strongbow and Skywise ^_^

Although it'll be weird to see the archer in pants O__O

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: Art of Rainflower   Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:06 pm

Caris made of Strongbow and Moonshade in Elfwest style. That really was a beautiful one.
Back to top Go down
Wiseshaman

PostSubject: Re: Art of Rainflower   Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:20 pm

You mean this one:

or maybe this one:

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Art of Rainflower   Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:40 pm

YES!!!!

*swoons*

Art of Rainflower
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next