Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Elfquest Dolling Thread

Go down 
+20
MrsGrizzley
Davrille
Leanan
thetrappedartist
Beryl
G0lden
Vaeri
Nightsea
wolfmoonsky
Shadowpath
Tymber
sun girl
Startear
ErinC1978
Fairyring
PCoquelin
Kindredsoul
Tam
ChristinaRaibert
TrollHammer
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 6:01 pm

Erh, I guess I can put these two here?
Beyond and Uli.
Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 7 Index
Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 7 Dolls_by_muse_of_chaos-d9rcziv

Nightsea

Nightsea

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 7 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 5:55 pm

The closeups show the detail..do you have a smaller view of those? They look like they might be tiny pixel versions enlarged I mean. If not no worries...was just wondering. Your characters have always been unique and I can tell you have them well realized in design.

Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 7 ColdNightsea
base

Smile
--Nightsea
Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 7 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 7:46 pm

Nightsea wrote:
The closeups show the detail..do you have a smaller view of those?  They look like they might be tiny pixel versions enlarged I mean.
They are the enlarged versions. I have no idea how make actual, tiny versions and still have them look like, well anything. Neutral

Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 7 EmptySat Feb 20, 2016 6:31 pm

Amazing new updates... everyone looks so cool. I've gotta go back through my todo list pictures, I know I have.... where is that folder... I need to make sure these people are on here before making um.

a redheaded Emberra
Darkfire
Mirror
A few Leia's, not sure which is which
Cone
started Berit and Zoetgras ages ago, never finished um 

If anyone put in a request and I haven't got them on here or made, please PM me so I can make ya'll asap.

https://linktr.ee/lisabit
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 7 EmptySun Feb 21, 2016 12:10 am

Nice additions

Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 7 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 2:38 pm

This isn't exactly an ElfQuest doll, but I though ya'll would appreciate it.
http://www.thebarbiecollection.com/shop/water-sprite-barbie-doll-dgx95

It reminds me of several of ya'lls OCs

Nightsea

Nightsea

PostSubject: Water Sprite Barbie Doll!   Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 7 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 8:07 pm

Ok, since we're straying off topic a wee bit...I'll join in...
in case the link in the post above doesn't show you the original:
Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 7 WSB Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 7 WSBdoll
base
Fishy
--NS

Last edited by Nightsea on Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 7 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 8:09 pm

Oh wow, Nightsea, she turned out beautiful!

Nightsea

Nightsea

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2016 6:28 pm

Thanks!

I always liked Icemoon's colors and design, all soft greens and blues and greys, so here's one of her:
Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 7 Icemoonmermaker
(same base, the mermaid maker at Azalea's Dollz)
--NS
Back to top Go down
Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2016 7:34 pm

Lookie what I found... it has a lot of the features the dark elf maker has, but it's more elf friendly I think. 

Source: http://www.azaleasdolls.com/dressupgames/pretty-pixie.php

Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 7 Untitl10
Tynami

Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 7 Untitl10
Change

Last edited by katcombs on Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2016 8:31 pm

Tried to make a doll of dark skinned wolfrider I’m working on. She doesn't have a 'tribe name' as her original name was 'taken' from her after she lost a fight with a tribemate.
Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 7 Tumblr_inline_o3hkuwNfEj1s6uavj_540

Edit: Finished coloured drawing of her is here. (Just scroll down a bit)

Last edited by Shadowpath on Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2016 9:30 pm

I love all these new dollz! I love that one of Icemoon, Nightsea!
I love the new doll maker. It's been a while Goldshine..

Edit: and Moonsky..

Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 7 Goldshine_zpslunnwfyj

Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 7 Wolfien_zps5ntrv77t

Last edited by wolfmoonsky on Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 7 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 2:36 am

oooh this maker is fuuun XD i made my girls Vaeri and Tidemist!

Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 7 Vaeri_10

Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 7 Tidemi11
Back to top Go down
Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 7 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 12:49 pm

Just for fun, I'm gonna add in my fae Kat to these. I was gonna do Whitelighter too, but the wings are all really low for me. Picked the yellow rose cause of the 'Yellow Rose of Texas'.

Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 7 Pretty10

Last edited by katcombs on Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nightsea

Nightsea

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 7 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 5:39 pm

OO this maker is so pretty!  I think that Tynami and Change both came out perfectly on it...so apt all the choices.  Shadowpath's dark skinned lady has an interesting mix with the gold hair and silver clothes.  I totally ADORE seeing Goldshine again, I was about to make her the other day but got sidetracked.  I wonder if Vaeri got a haircut or just likes the short hair-do to go along with the alternate outfit pants?  In the desert maybe she wears the mothfabric and long hair and maybe she cuts her hair and wears pants so as not to snag while she is surrounded by trees?  I almost picked that background Tidemist uses for my Nightsea because of the water...but I don't want to be a copycat.  Smile
And kat's purple is offset nicely by the yellow rose!

Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 7 Nightsea2016 Final Quest Leetah: Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 7 FQLeetah
Tyleet expecting: Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 7 Tyleetexpecting
--NS

Last edited by Nightsea on Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 7 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 7:35 pm

Hehe, I just love all the new dollz. This dollmaker is so much fun. I'm tempted to go back and redo Ty and Change on them again once she's put the updates up. For some reason I really love the flower shoes I put on Ty and all the backgrounds.

It just hit me that I haven't really commented in a long time...

Nightsea - Icemoon turned out so cutsie. I always love her look and miss her! Kat's black looks like purple? I'll have to look on my mini computer to see what color it looks like. Nightsea turned out gorgeous! Just love the finger edit, it fits more with her knife. I tried to put something in Whitelighter's hand, but could never get it to look right. Those ears I almost used for my girls, but they just seemed more off. May do that for the new version though after the update.

Shadowpath - I love the backstory on Taken, as I like to think of her. The mix of black and silver looks very sweet on her.

wolfmoonsky - EEK!! Goldshine!! I've always loved her! She turned out perfectly and the ladybug is such a nice touch. The mixes of brow and white on Moonsky look amazing, I like all the little touches on it. Makes me wish the boots laces and trim could be colored too. All the roses are beautiful on her.

Vaeri - Vaeri and Tidemist are so beautiful! The pants on Vaeri I almost put on Change, they look so pretty. I love how her eyes seem to glow.  I wish I saw the waterlily background earlier, I would have used it for Change, it blends with Tidemist wonderfully. I love her look!

I ended up doing Whitelighter and Countess anyway...
moved these to to the new non-EQ thread:
https://fathertreeholt.forumotion.com/t632-dollmakers-dollhouse-non-elfquest-related-dollz
That's all of the main girls I usually make...

Another maker I posted ages ago I refound... Don't care much for the limited, unmixable clothing, but it's workable. http://www.rinmarugames.com/playgame.php?game_link=mega-anime-couple-creator
Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 7 Untitl11
I already posted Tynami with her hubby Calmwaves somewhere, gonna redo my two girls couple pics I think and maybe one with Whitelighter/Countess, Daranya/Darius, Emevol/Foxx (saw beautiful demon wings)

Edit: Here are the relevant ones...
Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 7 Anime-13
Change and Nightflash! This version is the amnesia Change that at that time was called Ravenshade.

Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 7 Anime-14
Tynami and Calmwaves

Last edited by katcombs on Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 7 EmptySat Mar 05, 2016 2:38 am

thanks guys!^^

Nightsea, you are actually totally correct! in Vaeri's story, when she lived in the Sun Village, or her own desert village, she wore typical deserty frilly clothes and had her longer hair, but after her village was destroyed and she stumbled her way into a forest, she got totally fed up with her hair and clothes snagging on the trees constantly, so she just SLASH, cut her hair off.

but she eventually grows it back to its regular length after her rage about her village cools off and she lives peacefully again. basically kinda like Clearbrook when i think about it, which was unintentional. XD while she has the short hair, she is very angry and revenge driven, but when she has the long hair, she is serene and more gentle.

i really love this pixie doll maker, i wish i had more characters to create!!! XD
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 7 EmptySun Mar 06, 2016 12:34 am

Nice new dolls.

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 7 EmptySun Mar 06, 2016 6:43 pm

Love to see the dollers' local home alive and kicking! I love you I was an eager lurker again, to busy elsewhere or too tired to comment properly. Each new doll gave me a smile and brightend the day. sunny So let's try to catch up page by page ... - starting with Page 9:

Dilah looks fab, Leanan. Like most of your characters she has a clear, distinkt design. I suppose she was a bridge child? Desert and forest show in her outfit. Ears and fingers are correct as usual ... digits not so much. ^^ The braids are as decoarative as practical.

A before-after comparision is always welcome and gives interesting insights. Masterly color change and finger edits for Grassroot. The eye correction makes such a difference ... really turns the very human features into an EQ elf.

Fighting Leetah turned out amazingly well, Startear. Fitting color scheme and style ... just a bit more "down to earth" and practical. The golden adornements add some sunvillage glamor. She uses her healing light  protective and determined. The "sky family" meeting in the background is a charming touch.

I love to meet Ekah again - and not angry for once. Wink Happy and relaxed in radiant orange in the daylight - focused on the hunt at night. Ahnshen did well to offer a more appropriate outfit. ^^ I remember her trophy pendant - it's done perfectly! Same for the ear tips.
Should I help you with an hair edit? Wink

WOW Shocked  ... just WOW! for Moonshade and Nightsea. Moonshade's hair and expression are spot on. The gown looks so simple and elegant ... not Preserver silk but better! you even found a palace-ish background. Nightsea looks amazing ... should become her regular full dress uniform.  Thogh ...I wonder whether she want to cut her hair? ^^
I expect to see the usual ear and finger edits from you, Nightsea ... and the specifications for your Nightsea char ... and hair extensions and dress adjustments - but I'm always amazed how organic and natural it looks! *bows*

Timmain is another perfect example for those skills  - exxtra Kudos for undressing her and for the strategically correct flow of her tresses. Wink Spot on features and hairdo. Effective dress edits - this feather collar is another detail you never miss to customize. I love to see Bethia ... she turned out just perfect.
Last not least Vaeri ... almost a must-do with those custume choices. I love how you have built every detail of her jewelry.

Alterverse dolls by Vaeri! Sadly I'm not familiar enough with those characters to be able to appriciate them fully but I know what I like and like what I see. Weatherbird's dress shows reminiscences of her father's style, right? And Swift turned out adorably - I like that she wears her trademark necklace. Lucky is such a cute addition.

(I'll go on with the next page in a new post, promised!)

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 7 EmptySun Mar 06, 2016 10:50 pm

Your miniatures are a treasure, kat.  The new "advent" elves are amazing. I'm happy to see a long todo list (btw: it's Sunstream, not Sunspot?) - promises more awesomeness! You always find the perfect balance between necessary simplification and rich detail. Impossible to choose which one I like most.

The sprites make me nostalgic ... I see so many EDA characters and OCs from the Frozen Scroll. and I think I spot some from EQFA. Very Happy I remember Danen ... and even some of the characters.
The Mini Barbies ... some canon and lots of OCs ... the EDA Avatars ... all the familiar, beloved sights and bittersweet memories. I love your EDA banner ... especially that Beyond is among the crowd.
Last not least a whole tribe - several tribes! - of canon elves to illustrate your mastership.

And everywhere I spot my Embala, then and now one of my other girls ... thank you for all the gifts, kat. I love you Brilliant work! *bows*

What a surprise to meet Yurin again! It's such a pity that Shadesong is not here to see her girl. She looks fantastic on the Senshi maker, Vaeri! *claps*

Even more nostalgia ... Sparklespray shows up again. That's a great combo, Nightsea, harmonic and wonderful elfquesty.
From the past to canon present - Chieftess Ember in badass Bearclaw style! Your edits really bring her to life. I love to see even the wolfhead buckle. Spot on once more.

(I will be back tomorrow for the rest - granted)

Nightsea

Nightsea

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2016 4:43 pm

I always love your comments, Embala! You take the time to look at the details and the maker options and see what is chosen well and edited also. I like making dollz for myself, but to share them with an audience that really sees the work of it gives me the warm fuzzies.

Yes, Vaeri...more characters to make...not like we don't have all the canon female elves, hmm?
*laughing*

I did my personal character Vytha next because I just felt like playing fast and loose with the clothing
options in the dollmaker and she gave me the most freedom to design & play:
Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 7 VythainFlowers
--NS
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2016 9:02 pm

I'm happpy to see that dolling is still an option for you, Shadowpath. And fun ... considering how much work you've put into Beyond and Uli. Your "Macros" are as characteristic as your drawing style!

And Nightsea again ... not matter which base - human or pixie, exotic, elegant, funny or cute  - you always manage to make her look classic. I know where to look for your usual edits ... but it's hard to tell exactly what's a lucky offer of the maker, a gradual correction or a massive hand edit more than once. It's done so well that it usually melts with the maker options, Nightsea. This time I see for sure you did massive hand edits on the costume side ... and I know that hair, cheekbones and eyes got extra treatment to bring Nightsea to life. Ears, fingers ... most likely but it's too organic to tell.

That's one eye catching Barbie doll, kat. She reminds me of someone indeed ^^ - tempting! And you made a ravishing doll of the doll, Nightsea! You've captured her overall look incredibly well ... the wavy hair, style and colors of her gown, the hair adornement and jewelry ... and where for Neptun's sake did you find this trident! Shocked
Awww... lovely young Icemoon on the same base. Now I'm nostalgic and dreamy again. Her colors, her playful style - even the freckles you've remembered. I miss our Icemoon - she will be a beautiful lovely woman now.

Series! I love series, kat! And this Pretty-Pixie-Maker has inspired quite a bunch of canon and OC dolls - and made many dolling artists contribute. sunny I'll be back for more detailed comments after a good night's rest!

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 7 EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 7:13 pm

Series - back to the inspired and inspiring beauties! Very Happy This Pretty Pixie maker really offers a wide range of variety and accuracy - amazing job by by all of you! Shocked

You've started something, kat! Tynmi looks adorable - so young and carefree with a really sassy chiefs knot. ^^She's complete with arm and wristbands and fresh greens and the bow tie or her shoes mimics more green. Everchangeable Change ... from her gorgeous braids complete with adornements, the leaf belt down to the leg straps she is spot on. I love her expression and the moon glow in the background.
Ha! Kat is a great addition! A catsuit for her and a lustrous brown tresses with the yellow rose a lively contrast and a nod to your native home. I've never noticed the braid before ... is it a whim or a constant design?

Your nameless Wolfrider is a big surprise, Shadowpath. Not so much because she is a new OC ... it's her color scheme and oberall look. Dark skinned, flaxen-haired, yellow eyes, an outfit between lovely and tattered ... and this smile looks scary. Oh, I'm aware that this is not Hviall's actuall look but this design is striking! Even the background adds to the gloomy mood.

Wolfie, *happy dance* it's great to see you dolling again! Goldshine is so adorable. The white flowers and the lady bug give her this childlike innocent touch. And WolfMoonSky is back too! The outfit suits her so well and the rose wreath looks lovely. Sitting on a rose between thornes is perfect for her!
I hope to see more from you, Wolfie. *hugs*

All the many facets ... I love to see forest Vaeri again. She's beautiful and the melancholic expression shows that she still grieves for her friends and home. Tidemist on the other hand has an attentive glance and confident smile. I like her silvery locks and the water lily background. Your additions are full of contrast, Vaeri.

Of course Nightsea had to show up. Proud and fierce as ever even in pixie style. The yellow ribbons are just made for her. I miss the high boots a bit but it would probably turn out as a cluster of black. Laborious hair extensions, the eyes look like the got an extra treatment and the regular ear and finger job.
I love that you always do canon elves ... you obviously "see" them in the makers. Leetah is your second love, isn't she? Lovely and sad ... just the right mood and absolut believeable style. The "tattered" edge of her skirt, the feather ear rings and the golden hair adornement - everything looks perfect. Best use ever for this baggy top ever, Nightsea! Pregnant Tyleet turned out amazing. You've built the perfect hairdo and the furry boots complete the overall look nicely. *bows*
Last not least Vytha got an entry again. This dress and hairdo scream Blue Mountain! I love the shades of her mane and the flower adornements ... reminds me of the lovely youth portrait of her mother.

Thank you for your lovbing comment, Nightsea. It's heartwarming. I love you Actually I'm hardly able to take a look on the makers these days. Old comp is acting up with too heavy picture load. Sad It's a very close look on the dollz, my experiance with the makers in general and knowledge about the dolling artists and their habits that help me to give some  - hopefully! - qualified feedback.

Last not least another mini series by kat Very Happy ... even better: a series of couples!
Mother and daughter make a nice couple. Tynami turned out very young and sassy looking. The parrot gves her an almost pirate-like vibe. Change is ... just perfect. The top, the braids, the adornements - and the lacing of her pants mimics her generic leg stripes. The ocean background grants a lively contrast.
I like that you've chosen a slightly variant look for the lovemates portrait, kat. Tynami got another - adult looking - hair adornement and she wears her necklace now. I figure it was a gift from Calmwaves? His style is as simple as effective. I like the tooth pendant ... it kinda completes his appearance and makes it more memorable.
WOW - I absolutely love "Ravenshade's" style! It's so Change - yet differrent enough to tell her two identities apart without doubt. Nightflash in modern duds turned out amazingly well.
Have you made the webbed ears for your characters? I got this impression yet cannot tell for sure - it blends so well with the maker.

I love to read your comments, kat. They have such a spontanous vibe and are well worded - kind and to the point.

G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 7 EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 10:32 pm

Lovely new doll Nightsea.

Leanan

Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2016 11:49 am

I found Newstar and Maleen in Azalea's new fairy maker. (edits done with MS Paint since it's all I have right now)

Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 7 Pretty10

Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 7 Pretty11

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Elfquest Dolling Thread
Page 7 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next