Elfquest Dolling Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
katcombs

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:10 pm

Love the edits!! 

I refound these today, I made them right after tektek went poof. Summer and Winter looks for my gals. Winter Tynami reminds me of someone... I can't remember who.

Edit: Color correction Mooncrest:

Last edited by katcombs on Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://katslegends.x10host.com/
Prism

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:44 pm

This is an Elfquest human. Her tribe doesn't belong either to Djunsland nor Iceholt,but rather the Chaosium continent. Cultural wise,her people are a blend of Beaker People/Clovis Culture,meaning they're above Stone Age but not quite to Bronze Age. Anyway,she's fairly high ranking, a shamaness in training and a decent warrior. Neither she nor her people call elves,trolls and preservers spirits or demons,but rather what they are. She's in her teens,around 11 to 14,but don't know her name yet.

Back to top Go down
Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:41 pm

Nice Human girl, Prism. I'm curious how her "true" hair color will turn out if you make more dollz. I like the golden/pinkish color scheme. Her youth shows in the first one ... while she looks older and coming in her powers in the Viking one. You should keep the tattoo / face paint - it is very characteristic and adds a native touch.

Change got pretty warm duds for the coming Whitecold. I love the hair-do and boots of the summer version. Summer Tynami is her very self and looks pretty in green in colder times. Easy to like those cutified versions again, Kat.

Do you remember the LotR maker ... when we tried to find elves and our OCs in Dwarfs and Hobbits? I'd like to repost some of my old ones ... and add others which were never finished on the old Scroll.

The EDA crew as LotR Dwarfs f.l.t.r.: Moonmoss, Nightsea, Firesong (elfeneyes), Tynami (katcombs), Monsoon (Jeedai), Wolfmoonsky, Embala, ForestFlame (Beryl)

Yes, I'm hopelessly nostalgic.

Indem du etwas tust, das dir oder jemand anderem gefällt, erschaffst du bereits einen Wert.

Last edited by Embala on Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Prism

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:21 pm

Few more of her.
Back to top Go down
Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:22 pm

WOW Surprised Great use of the hair extensions and other drop-ins on the Dinogeddon maker! You've totally managed to re-invent the Moana style, Prism.
Sweet Tani (you've told me that's her name) during warrior training ... dark pink and yellow tans. Extra kudos for the green fur cloake you've recreated from the drop ins.
Pixie style seems to be cut straight from her dreams ... so close to nature and yet seperated. I like that thos almost obligatory doubls-knifes are tangled by vines this time! Nature over war.
And you've kept her "tribal markes" in each maker! Very Happy

It wasn't my best idea to repost the remnants of the EDA group. *sigh* Years ago ... and still so many unsettled memories going with it, too many unconscious feeling mirrored in the layout. Sad Two parties - the (mostly) artists and the (mostly) "players".
Nightsea and Firesong - lined up with Tynami - seem to look stand-offish at me, annoyed by the newcomers. Embala trying to shield her two young friends who are too shy and vulnerable and stepped back into the shadows.
Embala cautiously approaches the "core", reluctant to trust again  despite Tynami's friendly welcome. Tynami, both artist and player - balanced and bridging. Monsoon (Jeedai), standing aside. smiles friendly and welcoming too.  He was the same from the beginning - a little reserved, polite and kind and bountful.
And Moonmoss on the outer left - looking at me both amused and questioning: "You're not serious, are you? That's long ago and we've settled it. We are dolling friends and have fun together." I miss her so.

Anyway ...

... I'm still proud of my edits on Nightsea. Her characteristic features. And an outfit as close and true to the origin as this maker allowa a collage maker to go.
Firesong was an easy task ... just the right choices and an additional flower.

Looks back  ... they don't look annoyed or unwelcoming in the single posts.

Indem du etwas tust, das dir oder jemand anderem gefällt, erschaffst du bereits einen Wert.

Last edited by Embala on Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
katcombs

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:08 pm

Oh wow, it does kinda look the way you were saying. When I do the group shots I don't really think of placement, just kinda put them where they fit. It's a lot of fun looking back and seeing the old shots. I still talk to elfeneyes via text, she's still posting ElfQuest micros over on DA.

Here's a link to her site and the EQ micros there: http://trappedartist.weebly.com/elfquest.html

Looking at that page reminded me I need to get cracking on the new elf micros... time online will be sparce for a while... starting a new job.

Edit: I just found out that the palace doll site went down! pale pale pale Luckily though I saved pages from a bunch of them years ago...
Back to top Go down
katcombs

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:01 pm

Now you got me being nostalgic, hehe.

For Prism:

Back to top Go down
Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:55 am

katcombs wrote:
Oh wow, it does kinda look the way you were saying. When I do the group shots I don't really think of placement, just kinda put them where they fit.
Same here - main intention is: How does it look good? Whose colors go well with who? Is the picture balances? But that thime ... there must have been some half-conscious aganda. I remember that I wanted Tynami and Embala meet ... and that I was unable to place the two girls somewhere else. *shakes head* What I remember as well is how happy I was to have another EDA shot after so much time. Very Happy

Here are Wolfmoonsky and ForestFlame in her own panels ... Wolfi was such a darling to make and the only challange with Beryl's girl was to make her look plain - plus bangs. ^^

I'm glad to read you and elfeneyes still hold contact. Very Happy You were so close and inspiring together - online sisters. I remember this onlint name and sometimes I stumble over her page or look it up actively. It makes me sad and happy at the same time to revisit those dolls ... most of them are so familiar.
I hope life is kind to elfeneyes sunny and wish her luck and love and happiness with her family and enough time for creative fun.

Quote :
I just found out that the palace doll site went down! pale pale pale  Luckily though I saved pages from a bunch of them years ago...
Awww Sad ... coincidentally I've considered this weekend it go back to them and try some more of them. There was always the thought to add the male High Ones ... plans plans plans - there are always more plans that I can realize.

Your little Tani doll is so sweet and gracious I love you - peaceful and happy.

Good luck with the new job, Kat! *crossing fingers and toes* I hope you will find time to lurk and drop a short comment then and now. *hugs and kisses* I've promised you a suitor for Tywaves. ^^

Last edited by Embala on Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MrsGrizzley

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:55 pm

Nice dwarven versions of the old EDA. Might need to see what I can do to build Sunspark on that one, but it's been a very long time since I last worked with Sunspark or Lei'Ahree, though there's glimpses of Dawnfish every now and then.
Back to top Go down
http://thegrizzleyden.wordpress.com
katcombs

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:38 pm

Love seeing the gals again! Miss seeing the old members posting... there was always so much to see and I love making other peoples characters when I can.

For Griz!
Back to top Go down
katcombs

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:40 pm

Just two quickies on this maker
http://www.rinmarugames.com/playgame.php?game_link=mega-anime-avatar-creator

I was gonna put them in the dollhouse, but since they're both elves I ended up putting um here.
 Sailor Tsunami (Tynami)

Sailor Maia (me)

Last edited by katcombs on Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Prism

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:20 pm

Thanks for the doll Katcombs.
Back to top Go down
G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:54 am

Love the new additions.

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:18 pm

Ilyian

I was trying to see who I could make from my Dreamworld and this gal snuck up on me Pike Rolling .

Back to top Go down
katcombs

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:07 pm

Two more before I head to bed... these two needed more love. The rest of the week is my training at work so it may be a while before I can get back on.
Sweet Honey
Li
Back to top Go down
Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:18 pm

You are a loyal and eager supporter here too, G0lden! Very Happy Thank you .

I'm glad you like the EDA dwarfs, Grizz. sunny Sunspark would add a great color to this group ... and Lei'Ahree too. The LotR maker now has Elves, Humans and Wizards too. I'd be happy to see mor dollz by you again and remeet familiar characters.
*sending love and good thoughts* I hope your appointment today will bring a step in the right direction - or too or more. Good luck, Grizz.

A very familiar sight, Kat! *claps* Dawnfish is a sweetheart ... very lovely. She even got zhe starfish for a bra. Fishy And Lei'Ahree - stunning! I had almost forgotten her look bat this is spot on. *bows*
Oh ... I remember this maker! Great new additions to your manga style collection. Sailor Tsunami shows her relationship with another familiar redhead. I like her gem going with her eye color. Your Sailor self is just darling, Kat. I love you Your preferred color shows! And Maia has broowed cat's necklace. ^^
Hello Ilyian! Very Happy Those soft tans make her look delicate and earthen. Those items are perfect for her -  I so wanted to use this bag. I like to see her with a wavy hair-do for a change. She turned out gorgeous.

The next two EDA singles - Monsoon and Moonmoss

I so wanted to do Jeedai's girl justice on this almost impossible maker. The cloth pattern and "jungle" background were a gift by the maker ... plus few characteristic edit.
Moonmoss turned out rather different from her Wolfrider self, too ... but I'm pretty sure she would wear something like this as a Dwarf lady. I just love her expression and freckles!

Last edited by Embala on Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Prism

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:28 pm

Not too sure about her,except that she's an archer and huntress. Might be Wolfrider mixed with Wavedancer and/or Hidden One. Personality wise,she's fairly laid-back,cheerful,blunt,headstrong and views strife as an adventure. Still one of the best in woodslore and survival tactics. Bit of a bumpkin and hick.
Back to top Go down
MrsGrizzley

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:08 pm

Yay!!!! I love those versions of Dawnfish and Lei'Ahree!!! So awesome, Kat!!!!! Thank you!
Back to top Go down
http://thegrizzleyden.wordpress.com
Prism

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:07 pm

Just a silly bit of fluff who works,fights and parties hard.
Back to top Go down
Prism

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:03 pm

Prim,proper,sophisticated,slightly shallow,urbane and a lover of elegance,frippery,finery and all that. Polished,focused and decorum. So you can imagine how she gets along with the archer or party girl.
Back to top Go down
Prism

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:28 am

Last of the quartet. A shy,placid,dreamer,homebody and scholar who gets caught up in all types of ordeals due to the party girl. None of them are named yet.
Back to top Go down
katcombs

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:35 pm

Love all the new additions... on the very last two... are they the same or slightly different?
Back to top Go down
Prism

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:05 pm

The green-haired one's an outdoorsy,hick who prefers the wild. The purple-haired one's sophisticated,snobby and prefers the city. The pink-hair's a laidback,stoner type party girl. The blue-hair's a shy,studious wallflower.
Back to top Go down
katcombs

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:20 pm

Two quickies, Arrowleaf and Sorien... very slowly making these still.

Edit:

Started working on these again 6/17

I should have all my characters on http://fav.me/d70pq6d now... please let me know if I missed any!

Last edited by katcombs on Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:54 pm; edited 24 times in total
Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:27 pm

Hehe! I feel inspired by your work, Em.
I think I'm going to draw Uli in her Dream Apple clothes and toss both Beyond and her old mate Feannac in with her. (Might actually help me figure out what clothes he has on.)

Also I kinda wanna try and draw Beyond in those clothes now. (Thanks to your edit!)

'We're all broken, in different ways, in varying degrees.'
Back to top Go down

Elfquest Dolling Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 26 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 31  Next