Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:01 pm

Seriously? Shocked

Is wondering what has happened ... and why Sad

*wants to craddle and comfort little TAM*

Indem du etwas tust, das dir oder jemand anderem gefällt, erschaffst du bereits einen Wert.
Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:25 am

Tam wrote:

You know who did it first? Gilgamesh did it first. All stories have been told, no need for any more stories, nothing can ever be vaguely alike again, it's all covered.

YES! GILGAMESH. FIRST. IN. ALL. THINGS!

Quote :
edit: I feel like a total tool posting all this, but...I think meeting the Pinis and how that experience was, and the destruction of the Scroll just...seriously damaged the little girl inside of me who loved Elfquest, and that colors how I experience it now, which is devastating.

Don't feel like a tool. Seriously. You just said what many others feel, and that's ok
afro

Leo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:31 am

Thanks, everyone. <3 I don't know what on earth happened...the past few years, just feels like someone abducted the nice, sweet Elfmom we all knew and loved and replaced her with ElfRantyGrandma.
Back to top Go down
http://oakleafholt.boards.net
Startear

Aquarius Goat

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:02 pm

I keep feeling like I don't have time to myself. There is always something I have to do, like write assignments, read for classes, write job applications, work out, practice my Hindi, write... like there is no time to breathe. So what happens is that my mind just stops working, and I do things I enjoy but wasn't supposed to do at the time. And I hate it! I hate feeling like I need to measure up what I' doing with productivity.

Thanks to Embala for the lovely banner! The quote belongs to Scooter.
Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:30 am

Denmark you fucking piece of idiot shit.

'We're all broken, in different ways, in varying degrees.'
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:37 am

What happened now?
Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:05 am

I can't find it now, but on teletext, there was a post that said one of the political groups wants to remove financial support from female immigrants who don't actively go out and get jobs or start the process to do that. The thing is they worded it really badly?

From what I remember: 'They want to remove financial support from female immigrants that are forced to stay in the kitchen.' 
Like.
'Let's punish the women.'
'Erh, aren't they being forced to work at home and likely threatened and beaten if they try to get a job? I don't se-'
'PUNISH THE WOMEN!!!!'

Back to top Go down
Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:54 pm

Oh no he did not! My boyfriend just called me 'crazy.'

Not okay.

manga

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:22 pm

You'd have to be crazy not to know it's crazy to call your S.O. crazy.
Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:17 am

Arrrrrrgh I can't make the hair look right

Back to top Go down
Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:44 pm

manga wrote:
You'd have to be crazy not to know it's crazy to call your S.O. crazy.

Seriously. He brought mites into the house from a trip to Guatemala. I've been cleaning up and killing them for three weeks, cheerfully. I bought us body wash to kill them (cus yeah, they were biting), took us shopping for a new mattress (because that's were they settled), sprayed everywhere with stuff to kill them (having researched what would do them in without poisoning the house and he dogs), laundered all the clothes and bedding and every pillow we own... And cleaned the house several times over the course of two weeks. All without complaining or blaming him or even asking for help, because he caught a cold on the plane and wasn't feeling well. In fact, I made him soup. The last thing I did rent a steam cleaner for all the furniture. The machine was broken. Oh wait... yeah! Forgot to mention that I also bought encasements for the mattress and pillows. Anyways... The day I tried to use the power cleaner I rented-- it was broken and flooded the living room three times. I did all the troubleshooting I could, then called and left a message asking for help.

I guess I sounded upset. But what I said was "I can't figure out this machine! Please come home and help me!" Then... I called the store to complain so I could get my money back... and the guy there walked me through taking off the cover and repairing the machine. (Someone had disconnected the parts inside.) So I texted my boyfriend "never mind."

He then didn't come home for hours because he assumed that meant I was angry at him. And when he did get him, asked why i had to freak or and go crazy on him. I was like... Excuse me, what?! And then I let him understand exactly where he could get off. That was NOT okay.

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:47 pm

I think I have yelled at him maybe five times in the five years we have been dating and three that we were friends. That was a moment in which he just asked for it.

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:51 pm

Calling someone crazy is up there with 'you're overreacting'. Them's fighting words, baby.

Back to top Go down
Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:52 pm

Shadowpath wrote:
I can't find it now, but on teletext, there was a post that said one of the political groups wants to remove financial support from female immigrants who don't actively go out and get jobs or start the process to do that. The thing is they worded it really badly?

From what I remember: 'They want to remove financial support from female immigrants that are forced to stay in the kitchen.' 
Like.
'Let's punish the women.'
'Erh, aren't they being forced to work at home and likely threatened and beaten if they try to get a job? I don't se-'
'PUNISH THE WOMEN!!!!'

That's terrible. It shows complete cultural contempt and really comes off like they're looking down at this group of people. That would totally piss me off too!

Back to top Go down
Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:04 pm

Ug! Wtf DMV!!

Bluetree

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:23 pm

I have chronic insomnia, which sometimes peaks into not sleeping at all, despite everything I do. OH seems to spend about 2/3 of his life asleep. Most nights I listen to him and my brother (= our roommate) snore all night long, yet still "need" naps during the day, if their schedules allow; I deserve a medal, a gazillion dollars, and/or my own private island for not slaying them both after several years of this. But that's not exactly what prompted this rant today.

Last night was one of those "not sleeping no matter what" nights. Sometimes the way my brain keeps me awake is by throwing up purely made-up horrifying images that I can't get to dissipate. I was finally starting to drift off, then my mind's eye threw up a vivid image of a puppy, gazing up at me with ancient, scared eyes and a blood-spattered face. I don't know where this shit comes from, and days like today I want to jam a melon baller up my own nose and carve away the chunk of brain that keeps giving me such lovely fucking gifts.

I staggered downstairs this morning, finally having stolen a few hours after the sun came up. I tried to tell OH about this image (you know how sharing something can help), and his flippant reaction was "Just stop thinking it!"

Now why the fuck didn't I think of that!! Just stop it! Bam, done! Evil or Very Mad But... but... I was enjoying that visual-- as well as the inability to get some goddamn sleep-- so. Very. Much...

Let's solve all the world's problems that way, shall we? Hey, starving people! You should, like, eat something, yanno? Hey, depressed people! You need to just smile more! Hey, poor people! You just need some money, that's all!

I am not speaking to him this morning. For HIS protection.
Back to top Go down
Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:45 pm

That's awful "mind pictures". Hug *HUGs Bluetree* This remark was not helpful at all. :/

I understand well how much talking can help. cathat It's not quite the same but you can always talk to us, Bluetree. In the threads or more privatly if you want. I'm serious - if you need to talk come here.

Indem du etwas tust, das dir oder jemand anderem gefällt, erschaffst du bereits einen Wert.
Back to top Go down
Bluetree

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:53 pm

Thanks, Embala Hug That's much appreciated. Smile
Back to top Go down
Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:11 pm

cathat Have a peaceful long sleep this night, Bluetree.

Last edited by Embala on Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:43 am

Insomnia is the worst!

faeriegirl

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:19 am

Hug cathat

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:48 pm

For fucks sake, idiot specators! Those barriers are there for a reason! You're supposed to stay behind them, not go running next to the riders like a bunch of drunk idiots!
Back to top Go down
Bluetree

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:25 pm

Cheers, Embala, Lunakat, and faeriegirl Dewshine Had a chance to rest up a bit over the weekend, and the OH remains unmurdered. Not a bad start, as Mondays go!
Back to top Go down
Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:07 pm

Glad to hear so, Bluetree! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:50 pm

One.Year.

Damned "One Year Rule". Every year give or take the Scroll of Colors was changed, turned, twisted, frozen ... My threads were messed up. I had to rebuild. I was so happy that this year nothing bad will happen ... that I can build instead of rebuild. I was just at the point to be able to "return to normal" and be creative again ...

All my picture links (almost all?) are broken tonight. Something is wrong with my photobucket accout. Most probably I have missed something essential and my pictures are deleted or it's something wrong with them or whatever. Maybe it will go "back to normal" tomorrow. I don't think so.

Looks like I'll have to rebuild again. One Year. One year circles. Maybe it's a SIGN.
I should stop doing this. It will not last. Either I cannot control what happens - cannot influence it. Or - I can and fail. And mess up.

It will be messed up. Every.Damned.Year.

Last edited by Embala on Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:11 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

Rant Away Please
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next