Share | 

Rant Away Please

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:36 pm

Wow Icetooth that sounds a lot like the company I work for. Of course I haven't worked since the beginning of February. I was in the process of looking for a different job at that point, got a little sidetracked due to an injury. So we shall see how long I last if and when I return.

Sifra

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:16 am

I have spoken to my family only on the phone, and not very often, during the past months. I have seen them only at birthdays. Yesterday I saw them at a birthday again and I am glad it's over. They drain me and they make me feel so small.
I'm just glad my children have a good bond with my parents and I hope I will never make my children feel like this.

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:38 pm

How stupid can you be?  You know I have special accommodations for for my left leg.  Yet I get to work today and find not only has the chair that I sit in moved, but the chair my pillow rests on moved.  Plus added into the mix, someone is sitting in the desk to the left of mine.  So this means not only do I have to retrieve another armless chair and the one with my pillow.  I have no place for my left to go to the left when I am on phones.  Plus there is the other employee that is sitting in the desk to the left of me taking calls.  

So to save time I left. Plus I was too angry and upset to deal with work today.  I had paid time off despite being out for 5 mos.  I didn't want to disrupt another employee much less take the time to get things gathered up so I could even begin to get set up to go on the phones.

What a waste of a trip to work.  They better have this straightened out before the next holiday.  That is unless my lawsuit is settled or I get this knee replaced.

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:53 am

Right. Let me get this straight.
On 16 July you send two letters concerned some work that apparently needs to be done with our stoves.
In one of them you write that the work will/have start(ed) on 8 February - despite also claiming that it only takes 15 minutes per household - and will continue until 30 August.
In the other letter you write that the work in my particular flat will happen on July 23rd - which I guess is within the, rather long, timeslot mentioned above.
You provide a phone number, the same on both letters, but no information about when the (external) company have their phone hours, and I'm not even sure it's the correct number as googling the company provides a different phone number, and googling the phone number provides a different company. Oh, and you only allow people 48 hours before reporting eventual damage.
Now, this is where I got a couple of questions!

1: Why do you wait until July to inform people about something that apparently started in February?

2: Why do you provide a phone number, but no hours for when the phone is open? And why don't you make absolutely sure it is indeed the correct number?

3: Why do you only give people less than a week's notice about something like this in the middle of the summer holidays? I tried to call you people but - funnily enough - you're on vacation. I mean, two-week (or longer) vacations in July aren't unheard of...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sifra

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:18 am

I am only halfway cleaning up my garden and I have a bucket full of catpoop. I have not been able to sit in my garden all summer because it stinks, especially in this heat. Sad Yet, I can't bring myself throw my plants away and pave my garden. I like plants and I like cats but this is so gross!
Last year I kept my garden clean the whole summer. Every day I wanted to sit outside I would clean up the cat poop. It would take me fifteen minutes every time. One day, just when I was done with the cat poop, and I had gone inside for a minute or so, a man let his dog poop right outside my garden and just left it there. Evil or Very Mad I gave up after that...
Maybe some people should just stick to furby's, if taking proper care of their pet is too much work...

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:14 pm

Update: I sprinkled some of the stuff in the garden, that the girl in the store said would keep away the cats. Now my garden stinks of that stuff instead of of cat poop and I still can't sit outside... Rolling Eyes

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:16 pm

Ugh the stink even comes inside when I have my windows open! At least the cat poop stink stayed outside... Shocked

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:16 pm

*Uuuugh* pale The case when the cure is worse than the disease ... Rolling Eyes

I hope the remedy stink will disappear over night (for human nose only ^^) ... you deserve to enjoy leisure time in your garden, Sifra! *crossing fingers* Good luck!

Indem du etwas tust, das dir oder jemand anderem gefällt, erschaffst du bereits einen Wert.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stormcatcher

Libra Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:52 pm

Only solution: Get a cat yourself... other cats will respect his/her territory.

Sifra

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:16 pm

I would. I would like to go to the animal shelter and pick up a big male cat. I love you cat I love you But I have a guinea pig in an open cage and I don't think she would like a cat for company. I could move her into a closed cage but that would mean she has less space and I don't like that. She's so happy in her big cage right now.
I used to have a big red male cat and no other cat dared enter my garden. cat I love you

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:18 pm

Can you make a cover for the big cage (frame and chicken wire)?

Indem du etwas tust, das dir oder jemand anderem gefällt, erschaffst du bereits einen Wert.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sifra

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:49 pm

It's a good idea but I'm not sure it will work for us. What if the cat will sleep on the cover? My guinea pig is a coward. She'd be so freaked out...
And it would be harder for me to interact with her. With the open cage, I hang my head in her cage every time I pass by to talk to her and pet her if she doesn't run away. I love you
She's an old piggy, you know. She won't live forever. When she's gone I'll go get the meanest cat in the shelter. Smile My husband wants to get rats but I already told him we will get a cat also. I still have all my cat stuff on the attic.
I think maybe the stinky stuff works. Two cats passed by my garden and they didn't go in.

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:56 pm

Awwww Hug
Old guinea pig will know (s)he's loved all the life. I love you I understand well why you don't want to change things for the old little one, Sifra.

Good plan for the future! cat

And good news about working stinky stuff so far. *crossing fingers and toes*

Last edited by Embala on Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sifra

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:00 pm

I'm glad you understand Embala. Smile
Yes, I hope the stinky stuff really works. My mother lived near a zoo and she would get lion poop there and put that in her garden and that worked very well.

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:04 pm

Lion poop! Now imagine ... cats gang thinks "Let's greet the new neighbour!" ^X^ ... Umpf ... "Nope." *running*

rofl

Last edited by Embala on Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sifra

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:06 pm

Yes. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:09 pm

The maintenance guys at work use moth balls to deter the cats (and raccoons and such)and help take out the cat pee smell from the store bushes. It seems to help so far and the moth ball smell only lasts about a week. Maybe give that a try?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sifra

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:21 pm

That's a good tip! I will try that. Thank you!

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:23 pm

My garden is still cat free every time I use the stinky stuff. Hammy

I don't care if someone's house is a little dirty. I can understand you not wanting to clean the entire day. But your house is not a little dirty. It has black and grey stains everywhere, and there is poop on the toilet seat, and pee stains from weeks ago on the toilet floor. And I've spent years trying to deal with it because it's your house and you don't mind having it that way, but this week I was there and you were annoyed because I cleaned the toilet (Which I did for my daughters who had come along) and you gave me tea that had something salt in it and I think maybe it was a booger and I was a polite fool and drank it anyway and now I don't know why I put up with all of this.
It is my work to clean other people's houses. And I see how other children are allowed to take care of their parents. And I get this... Sad
And I don't know why I am still so scared of you, of making you angry... You're an old man. You can't harm anyone anymore... And anyway I live far away now.
And I think maybe I should be more harsh about this and demand that either you clean it, or have it cleaned, or you let me do it, or me and my family will not come to visit anymore. (We could see each other at other places. My problem is the house, unless you decide otherwise.)

Ugh family!!! Twisted Evil

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:56 pm

cheers for cat free garden, Sifra!

*HUG* Hug

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sifra

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:16 am

Thanks Embala.

I just wanted to add that I've been thinking about my problems with my father and I realised I don't have to help him if he doesn't want my help, and I don't have to visit him in his house. Seeing him in a restaurant or playground or some other neutral place is a perfect plan. Just the idea of not having to go to that house anymore gives me so much peace of mind. There are so many bad memories there.

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:21 am

Choosing another, neutral place for meetings sounds like a reasonable, healthy and much more relaxing solution on more than one respect, Sifra.
Good luck! Like

Last edited by Embala on Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sifra

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:22 am

Thank you. Smile

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:28 pm

My dear sister in law ... I've noticed that you seem to identify with your 10 year old daughter and prefer to speak of her as "we". It was weird that to my question about a school mate I got "WE don't like her so much" as an answer. I might have over interpreted *shrug* - not my business anyway.

But I don't appreciate at all that you keep calling me "Aunt". I.am.not.your.aunt. I don't appreciate to be reduced to a function. You know my name. Adress me by my name if you talk to me.

*considers to call her Mommy in return*

Last edited by Embala on Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:13 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:38 am

rofl I love it Em.  My sister in law gets her panties in a bunch every time my son calls my mom, mom instead of grandma.  It is a private joke between my mom and son.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   

Back to top Go down

Rant Away Please
Page 13 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next