Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Nameless WaveDancers, present and past

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ChristinaRaibert

ChristinaRaibert

Nameless WaveDancers, present and past Empty
PostSubject: Nameless WaveDancers, present and past   Nameless WaveDancers, present and past EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 1:29 pm

So my next project with regard to WaveDancers lore is - list all the "nameless" WaveDancers portrayed in the comics and give them at least a face, if we can't have names to match up. Using my mock-up timeline/birth order for ref, I tried to sort them in three (rough) age groups; ELDERS, UNKNOWN AGE and YOUNG. In present time these guys should all be dead, with the possible exception of some survivors from Zephyr's band (Wavecatcher says there were missing bodies in the carnages).
I included characters from the "WINDKIN" story where Windkin saves a WaveDancer girl (not-canon, though I cannot find for the sake of me a reference to where it's said. I'm guessing it was some time or other in the mailing list but not sure - if someone can point me to an actual reference of Richard declaring it Worldpool that would be of great help!) and the "EARLY ART" from the various teasers and the Chaosium RPG companion book on the sea elves (which according to "Turning Tide" inspired the new WaveDancers).
While I can only assume that there were at least some cousins to the "actual" WaveDancers in Zephyr's band... figuring out who the other nameless are is just wishful thinking. But anyone who might feel like writing stories or art about the WaveDancers past could certainly use them as "gap fillers", give them names and connections and what not.  Cutter Smile

"She answered his faraway, telepathic call, introducing him to her watery domain. Her longings fulfilled, she knows he will soon go by another name on this world... and on many others. Will she go with him?"
Sunstream and Brill, 1999 "Lovemates" Calendar

Last edited by ChristinaRaibert on Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:55 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
ChristinaRaibert

ChristinaRaibert

PostSubject: Re: Nameless WaveDancers, present and past   Nameless WaveDancers, present and past EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 1:30 pm

POSSIBLY NOT-CANON
(derived from the flashback of the slave girl in the "Windkin" miniseries)

• Male with long hair and pointed sleeves (shadows look like Darshek - if canon, this could be Pirn)
    Nameless WaveDancers, present and past Nameless_worldpool_1
  • Female with long hair and bracelet/anklers (if canon, this could be Spray)
    Nameless WaveDancers, present and past Nameless_worldpool_2
  • Male child (if canon, this is very probably Reef)
    Nameless WaveDancers, present and past Nameless_worldpool_3
  • Female child (could be "Minnow" the slave girl - she's quite young-looking and has matching hair)
    Nameless WaveDancers, present and past Nameless_worldpool_4
  • Male with short hair (if canon and the female below is Longfin, this could be Shadowcrest)
    Nameless WaveDancers, present and past Nameless_worldpool_5
  • Female with long hair and (possible) fish tail or dress (again could be "Minnow", because the hair is drawn in a very similar style. Otherwise, and if canon - this could be either Longfin or Farbright.)
    Nameless WaveDancers, present and past Nameless_worldpool_6
  • Male with short hair
    Nameless WaveDancers, present and past Nameless_worldpool_7

"She answered his faraway, telepathic call, introducing him to her watery domain. Her longings fulfilled, she knows he will soon go by another name on this world... and on many others. Will she go with him?"

Last edited by ChristinaRaibert on Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:57 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
ChristinaRaibert

ChristinaRaibert

PostSubject: Re: Nameless WaveDancers, present and past   Nameless WaveDancers, present and past EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 1:30 pm

ELDERS
(probably alive when Coral's tribe settled at Crest Point)

• Male coralshaper (this one was the third healer living at Crest Point when Reef ran into Winnowill. He survived Coral's death, though we don't know by how much, and died before "Turning Tide".)
    Nameless WaveDancers, present and past Nameless_noage_6
  • Female with short hair
    Nameless WaveDancers, present and past Nameless_elder_1
  • Couple (could be Longfin and Shadowcrest)
    Nameless WaveDancers, present and past Nameless_elder_2
  • Possible tailed male (could be Salt)
    Nameless WaveDancers, present and past Nameless_elder_3
  • Possible tailed female (could be Farbright)
    Nameless WaveDancers, present and past Nameless_elder_4

Last edited by ChristinaRaibert on Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:57 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
ChristinaRaibert

ChristinaRaibert

PostSubject: Re: Nameless WaveDancers, present and past   Nameless WaveDancers, present and past EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 1:31 pm

UNKNOWN AGE
(might have been born after Coral's death and left the tribe with Zephyr, or alive from long before)

• Female with hair pulled back (could be a younger Fairshell)
    Nameless WaveDancers, present and past Nameless_noage_1

• Male with straight hair (could be Haze or, more likely, Drift)
    Nameless WaveDancers, present and past Nameless_noage_2

• Female with a headpiece (could be Farbright)
    Nameless WaveDancers, present and past Nameless_noage_3

• Female with a spiky headpiece
    Nameless WaveDancers, present and past Nameless_noage_4

• Male with a headband (could be Redcrest)
    Nameless WaveDancers, present and past Nameless_noage_5

• Female with fair hair
    Nameless WaveDancers, present and past Nameless_noage_7

• Male with dark hair
    Nameless WaveDancers, present and past Nameless_noage_8

• Seven of Zephyr's followers
    Nameless WaveDancers, present and past Nameless_noage_9

• Tall male with sideburns and facial fins (could be a young Surge or... Surge's father?)
    Nameless WaveDancers, present and past Nameless_noage_10

• Female with straight hair (could be very possibly No-Ripple)
    Nameless WaveDancers, present and past Nameless_noage_11

• Female with a headpiece (could be Farbright sans tail)
    Nameless WaveDancers, present and past Nameless_noage_12

• Male with dark hair (could be Stormsong)
    Nameless WaveDancers, present and past Nameless_noage_13

Last edited by ChristinaRaibert on Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:58 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
ChristinaRaibert

ChristinaRaibert

PostSubject: Re: Nameless WaveDancers, present and past   Nameless WaveDancers, present and past EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 1:31 pm

YOUNGER
(members of Zephyr's band, who knew little of the ocean beyond Crest Point)

• Male fisher
    Nameless WaveDancers, present and past Nameless_young_1

• A couple (or at least they look like a couple)
    Nameless WaveDancers, present and past Nameless_young_2

• Male with very short hair/bald head
    Nameless WaveDancers, present and past Nameless_young_3

• Seamstress (?) with short hair (could be Glimmer who taught Wavecatcher how to make sandals from animal hides)
    Nameless WaveDancers, present and past Nameless_young_4 Nameless WaveDancers, present and past Nameless_young_4b

• Male with long hair
    Nameless WaveDancers, present and past Nameless_young_5

• Male who swam away 
    Nameless WaveDancers, present and past Nameless_young_6

• Male 
    Nameless WaveDancers, present and past Nameless_young_7

• Female with long hair (I believe it's her in Wavecatcher's arms)
    Nameless WaveDancers, present and past Nameless_young_8 Nameless WaveDancers, present and past Nameless_young_8b Nameless WaveDancers, present and past Nameless_young_8c

• Couple (could be the sitting couple seen in the beginning of the flashback)
    Nameless WaveDancers, present and past Nameless_young_10

• Male with ponytail
    Nameless WaveDancers, present and past Nameless_young_9

Last edited by ChristinaRaibert on Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
ChristinaRaibert

ChristinaRaibert

EARLIER CONCEPTS
(from the previews and teasers)

• Two male pips (probably early takes on Tumble and Moonmirror, who were both meant to be boys, like Suntop and Ember in the earliest EQ sketches. But they can also be present-time adults when they were pips.)
    Nameless WaveDancers, present and past Nameless_early_1

• Long-haired female (possible early take on No-Ripple or Coral?)
    Nameless WaveDancers, present and past Nameless_early_2

• Watershaper of unknown gender (possible early take on Surge - before it was decided he'd have a crest instead of hair. Failing that it could be his mother Coral oran earlier take on Snakeskin. Or... maye Surge's father?Nameless WaveDancers, present and past Gif_animate_new_02
    Nameless WaveDancers, present and past Nameless_early_6

• Male pip (despite the fins and bracelets I'm positive this is an early study for Puffer, since he looks just like him).
    Nameless WaveDancers, present and past Nameless_early_3

• Four elf-hands, at least one of which belongs to a female (judging from the headpiece, it's probably Coral - if so the heavily finned hand at the very left probably belongs to Surge).
    Nameless WaveDancers, present and past Nameless_early_4

• Female with harpoon from the Chaosium RPG art - (probably evolved into Krill andFoam)
    Nameless WaveDancers, present and past Plains12

• Male fisher from the Chaosium RPG art (probably evolved into Haze - and maybeSpine)
    Nameless WaveDancers, present and past Seaelv10

• Fishers at sea from the Chaosium RPG art (could be an early take of the scene in "Turning Tide" with Krill, Redcrest and Kroosh on the boat, or have inspired the tale thatTumble wants to hear about how Spine and Stormsong caught a spinefish together)
    Nameless WaveDancers, present and past Seaelv11

• Female riding a dolphin from the Chaosium RPG art (could be an earlier take on Korafay
    Nameless WaveDancers, present and past Seaelv12

• Male pip diving for shellfish from the Chaosium RPG art (probably evolved into either Puffer or Foam) Nameless WaveDancers, present and past Gif_animate_new_02
    Nameless WaveDancers, present and past Wavedancers_6

• Long-haired female from the earliest "Final Quest" previews (looked like either Brill, whom it stood for, or Spray. Perhaps she'll be brought in again as a future character?Sunstream's WaveDancer form was based on an earlier design too...)
    Nameless WaveDancers, present and past Nameless_early_5

Last edited by ChristinaRaibert on Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:59 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
ChristinaRaibert

ChristinaRaibert

PostSubject: Re: Nameless WaveDancers, present and past   Nameless WaveDancers, present and past EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 2:44 pm

Some musings and speculations between me and @Embala Very Happy

The coralshaper / third healer
(look out for the OMG - "Luke, I am your father!" moment at some point in the speculations Wink

Spoiler:

The "early concepts" art

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
ChristinaRaibert

ChristinaRaibert

PostSubject: Re: Nameless WaveDancers, present and past   Nameless WaveDancers, present and past EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 4:00 pm

Whew! And this is done! Smile

Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Nameless WaveDancers, present and past   Nameless WaveDancers, present and past EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 4:22 pm

DO YOU EVER SLEEP????????????????????????

Cutter egg 2018 from Embala
Back to top Go down
ChristinaRaibert

ChristinaRaibert

PostSubject: Re: Nameless WaveDancers, present and past   Nameless WaveDancers, present and past EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 4:26 pm

Mwhahahaha, no Very Happy My mind keeps working on more WaveDancery-ness (is it even a word? Well it is now because I say so Troll Tongue) at all times of the day and night!

Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Nameless WaveDancers, present and past   Nameless WaveDancers, present and past EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 6:43 pm

If it hadn't been for you in the Scrolls, I most likely wouldn't know/learn as much as I do about them!

NOW I WANNA DRAW ONE! ><

Back to top Go down
ChristinaRaibert

ChristinaRaibert

PostSubject: Re: Nameless WaveDancers, present and past   Nameless WaveDancers, present and past EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 7:04 pm

Kindredsoul wrote:
If it hadn't been for you in the Scrolls, I most likely wouldn't know/learn as much as I do about them!

NOW I WANNA DRAW ONE! ><

bounce bounce bounce Yesyesyes please draw a WaveDancer please please please with a little seashell on top! Smile *makes super cute puppy eyes at Kin* Trinket C'mon! You can't say no to Trinket! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Nameless WaveDancers, present and past   Nameless WaveDancers, present and past EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 7:19 pm

*blinks*

You evil when you do that!! ><

There can't possibly be a force in this world that resist ChristinaRaibert puppy eyes Shocked

I'll give it a go... but only if you tell me what characters/scene you'd like to see drawn ^__^ I do better when an idea is given!

Back to top Go down
ChristinaRaibert

ChristinaRaibert

PostSubject: Re: Nameless WaveDancers, present and past   Nameless WaveDancers, present and past EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 7:25 pm

Yippeeee! Very Happy Drinking Preserver Thank you thank you thank you thank you!! Very Happy *hugs*

Hmmm how about someone from Coral's time? Coral and Surge's dad? Or one of Zephyr's followers, those poor guys need some eye candy love! I love you

Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Nameless WaveDancers, present and past   Nameless WaveDancers, present and past EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 7:41 pm

I shall see what I can come up with! ^__^

Back to top Go down
ChristinaRaibert

ChristinaRaibert

PostSubject: Re: Nameless WaveDancers, present and past   Nameless WaveDancers, present and past EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 7:50 pm

Wheeeee!! *dances happy dance* Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Blackbird

Blackbird

Aquarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Nameless WaveDancers, present and past   Nameless WaveDancers, present and past EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 8:11 pm

As for the latest picture, the one from the early Final quest...( do you have the whole picture? Long time since I've seen it ) I think it's supposed to be Brill, even if she look more like Spray. But love the idea of a future character Wink You can see she looks a lot like Brill, but more..."dressed up", with the head piece and the extentions Wink

ChristinaRaibert

PostSubject: Re: Nameless WaveDancers, present and past   Nameless WaveDancers, present and past EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 8:22 pm

I'll see if I find a larger version of the pic for you, Blackbird Smile

Yeah, I think she was meant to represent Brill's role in the "Final Quest" (so... we'll see more of her, other than as Sunstream's lifemate and Korafay's mom? All I've had since the "Special" is the mention of her hair getting tangled in a coral fan! I need my Brill fix! Razz). But looking at her in hind-sight, she also makes me think of those new Ent/elves... hey, maybe one of them Recognizes a WaveDancer, and she could be their child? Now that would be an interesting twist! Smile

Back to top Go down
Blackbird

Blackbird

Aquarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Nameless WaveDancers, present and past   Nameless WaveDancers, present and past EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 8:28 pm

I also wish to see more of Brill ( and the rest of the wavedancers ) Many interesting characters that only has played background parts until now. ( Moonmirror is potential the prettiest elf ever! )

That WOULD be a interesting twist Wink

ChristinaRaibert

PostSubject: Re: Nameless WaveDancers, present and past   Nameless WaveDancers, present and past EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 8:39 pm

Yay! I've given up hopes to see Wavecatcher and Wavelet make a stand... but a girl can hope Wink

Agree about Moonmirror - I want to see her become Snakeskin's lifemate and chieftess of the tribe. I've been rooting for those two all along Very Happy

Guesses about who her parents could actually be? My bet is on the "leader-type" for father... and mother, either Spray (but I think that'd be way too obvious!) or someone else. Wavelet would be a nice choice - she's a plantshaper, he's a wood elf. Or... maybe No-Ripple? I'm not sure Krill would like following her sister's footsteps - she's more like Ember I think, not really that much into the whole motherhood thing.

("Leader type" means the red-haired male who seems in charge of the other ents. He might not be the chief after all... that's just how he struck me ^^)

Back to top Go down
Blackbird

Blackbird

Aquarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Nameless WaveDancers, present and past   Nameless WaveDancers, present and past EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 9:26 pm

Yay! I've given up hopes to see Wavecatcher and Wavelet make a stand... but a girl can hope

There you see, I had already forgot about those two! And the only reason I knew about them was Wingthings alternaverse, she made him Yuns mate. They deserve to be included in FQ.

Moonmirror as adult could be stunning, and she seem to have a lot of potential, so yeah, why not with Snakeskin? I love No-Ripple, but don't see her and Snakeskin as recognized anytime soon. ( Isn't she flirting with both him and Spine...? ) We need more cross-tribe recognizions! We need more Wavedancers recognizing, and we need to be really suprised Very Happy Potentials among the Go-backs and Sun-folks are many, and the Wolfriders has a few themselves...Freetouch, Sust, Pool, Mender, Yun, Skywise, Pike, among others have never recognized.

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: Nameless WaveDancers, present and past   Nameless WaveDancers, present and past EmptySat May 09, 2015 12:13 pm

a propos nameless Wavedancers, what happened to the child of Brill's former lifemate? Did it die?

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Nameless WaveDancers, present and past   Nameless WaveDancers, present and past EmptySat May 09, 2015 3:23 pm

Yes! Leetah Crying

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nameless WaveDancers, present and past   Nameless WaveDancers, present and past Empty

Back to top Go down

Nameless WaveDancers, present and past
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Father Tree Holt :: All the Many Colors-
Jump to: