Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Gender Bender Couples! :D

Go down 
+15
jaRf
Leanan
Multi-Facets
Sifra
Zadzi
Embala
Fairyring
manga
Kindredsoul
Kojiyumi
ChristinaRaibert
Elwing
Redhead Ember
faeriegirl
Lunakat
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Leanan

Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

Gender Bender Couples! :D - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gender Bender Couples! :D   Gender Bender Couples! :D - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 07, 2019 3:44 am

Wonderful! I love it!

Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Gender Bender Couples! :D   Gender Bender Couples! :D - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 07, 2019 5:43 am

Thank you Vaeri and Leanan.
@Vaeri: Right....a female Tyldak was very hard to me to draw because I was never fond of Tyldaks looks. However we know that Winnowill delights in creating rather "monstrous" features. Also in the story it was shown that she made it painful for poor Tyldak as well although, as a healer, she could have made it painless. Anyway, I kinda hated the unibrow of Tyldak (as well as his Borat suit^^) but I realised that I have yo give his genderswapt version a kind of light version of the unibrow as well or it wouldn't resemble Tyldak-ness? What do you think? 😅

Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Gender Bender Couples! :D   Gender Bender Couples! :D - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 07, 2019 7:17 am

By the way, does the picture appear too big again on the screen on a computer?  If so, I will resize it. On my tablet it looks normal sized.

Back to top Go down
jaRf

jaRf

PostSubject: Re: Gender Bender Couples! :D   Gender Bender Couples! :D - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 07, 2019 9:30 am

Welcome back, Prayer!
Side ratio / proportions look good to me. I usually save it and watch it with some image viewer of choice.
Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Gender Bender Couples! :D   Gender Bender Couples! :D - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 07, 2019 9:48 am

Hello JaRf! Thank you for your welcome greeting! 😊

I apologise for my long absence. Embarassed  Thank you for your kind comment and it's a good choice to view it on a preferred viewer.

Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Gender Bender Couples! :D   Gender Bender Couples! :D - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 07, 2019 9:36 pm

this took some effort....so much blacks...XD but it is finished! i present genderbent Rayek and Winnowill colored!^^ loving the highlights for Winnowill's hair...i found the coolest trick for it and i think it works great! and some nice brushs for the background of course...:p with a blue-grey background for Blue Mountain! hope you guys like it.^^

Gender Bender Couples! :D - Page 5 Rayek_10
Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Gender Bender Couples! :D   Gender Bender Couples! :D - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2019 12:27 am

Wow! Thank you for coloring and giving life to genderbent Winnowill and Rayek! I love youI love youI love you

You did an awesome job! I love youI love youI love you Thank you!!

With the red light from the hands you made Winnowill look much more dangerous!  In the background it looks like spider webs and we know that Winnowill is compared to a wicked, manipulative snake or a deadly spider. The dark colours you chose are perfect for this piece. Also I love how you created a 3D effect with colors for Rayeks dress!

Winnowills hair is coloured beautifully. It has blue and green highlights and I loved when Winnowills hair looked like that in older EQ issues as shown is cover artworks from Elfmom.

Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Gender Bender Couples! :D   Gender Bender Couples! :D - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2019 12:36 am

*happy wiggle* i really love coloring your art, it's beautiful art! and so easy to work with! sometimes a challenge but i enjoy a good challenge sometimes.^^

yes i was puzzled what color to choose...i didn't know whether i should do yellow or a blue...but then i remembered this IS Winnowill!^^ so red seemed to work well, and i rather liked it once i tried it. i was gonna try for a rocky background...but i remembered my web brushes and realized that'd be even more perfect! the spider ensnaring his prey.^^ i also avoided giving Rayek eye highlights to envoke a more glazed/zombified expression. i did have the fix the left eye a bit as it wasn't symmetrical with her right eye, and i wanted to make her staring more at the viewer than off into the distance.

all i did honestly was follow your shading! i'm never very good at shading...i always do the same light direction and i don't think i still put shadows where they should be for certain light directions...i'm kinda afraid of over shading!

yes i love how i can manage it.^^ i do a layer of green swishing up and down then a line of blue through the middle, and use a smudge tool swishing up and down to blur the colors together in lines. it makes a wonderful raven effect, and i always loved the raven effect of her hair!
Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Gender Bender Couples! :D   Gender Bender Couples! :D - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2019 4:38 am

Thank you for describing my art as beautiful however I want to give credit to Elfmom because she developed this style in the first place and I learned sooo much from her drawing wise. I would say that she was probably my biggest drawing inspiration.  I used to like anime and manga too buy I didn't admire the artwork quite as much and thought it is more challenging to learn anatomy from Wendy. She draws very feminine characters and I love that. Just the males could have a stronger built because they look too fragile to me but that is just a personal opinion. I don't like a bodybuilder style with pumped muscles like in Marvel Comics - actually think it is distasteful but maybe a thing inbetween. Thus a stronger skeleton built but not so obvious muscles. Anyway,  Wendy's Art style was a great way to learn drawing original characters. She is an amazing artist and made me part of the artist I am today.

Don't be afraid to overshade. Always experiment! I was often so afraid to draw a full body shot but only got better when trying and failing many times.  Still  anatomy I can only draw with reference. But I am happy I tried full body drawings instead of just drawing faces (I love drawing faces most, especially eyes).

I really love your style of shading hair and you have an amazing technique...its so cool you called it the raven effect! I wish to try it but can I achieve that effect with traditional art supplies as well? My soft pastels are smudgable? 🙆🏻💖

Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Gender Bender Couples! :D   Gender Bender Couples! :D - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2019 12:00 pm

my friend says the exact same thing, that her style is heavily inspired by Wendy as well! and yet you both have very distinctive styles. very cool how that happens. do the male in elves have fragile builds? i always thought it was rather solid...i mean look at Cutter and Treestump! though i suppose Rayek and Skywise could be a bit reed thin...oh that'd be a fun couples picture, Skywise and Cutter genderbent! or Cutter staring off against female Rayek. XD or perhaps a nice picture of Rayek and "Leetha"

noooo i'm afraid to experiment with things i'm gonna post publicly, cause i don't want to be viewed as an amatuer!^^0 oh if you need references, i found a REALLY awesome website with an online 3D model you can manipulate and pose in whatever you need. pretty easy to use once you figure out what moves what in which direction. i find it quite useful when i'm commissioning someone and they need a pose, and i can't find a picture that quite matches what i have in my head. Online 3D model

hmmm...i've never worked much with traditional art. i used to do colored pencils and still have a very nice set for when i don't have my laptop...but let's see. i imagine it could be achievable with soft coloring materials...something not quite liquid, but not quite solid so maybe the soft pastels would work? and then something firm to smudge it with...a toothpick would be too small and hard, and i think a finger would be too big to achieve the fine lines at the end...perhaps a firm brush maybe? this is where i'm fairly useless, as i said, i've never done much with traditional materials...
Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Gender Bender Couples! :D   Gender Bender Couples! :D - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2019 6:09 pm

I'm glad you see a distinctive style in my drawings Vaeri! I don't wish to go back to anime style again and feared that I can only copy Wendy's style then because I automatically draw in "her style" when I draw elves. But I read something very special somewhere regarding "how to find your style As an artist":

"Don't worry about "your style"; just draw and YOUR style will appear AUTOMATICALLY the more you draw without forcing a style."

That was helping me so much and now I just draw without fear of copying styles but just go with the flow of my imagination. Still so grateful to have learned from Wendy and other artists I admire!

Yes, I perceive male elves as fragile in built but I definitely love the Treestump and Cutter exception! Maybe you can see what I mean when I will post more full body shot male elves here. It's just personal taste anyway. Wendy is known for her slender characters and I still adore her character design! I love youI love youI love you

Wow thank you so much for the 3Dmodel link! 😍Greatly appreciated and eager to find out if it works for me too! Sounds awesome!

I will also follow your advice for creating the unique raven effect when I will find time to grab my sofpastels and colored pencils again. Thanks so much my dear. I adore your creativity I love you🙋🙋
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Gender Bender Couples! :D   Gender Bender Couples! :D - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2019 11:33 pm

hands down! then again i'm usually good at noticing distinctions in people art in general...their trademarks if you will.

...hmm..nah i'm a worrywort obsessive, i'm gonna worry about my art continuously :p

hope the model helps! it is a bit complicated at first as i said, but it's like a physical drawing model figurine! you must let me know if you get the chance to work with it and how it works for you.

ditto for if you try the raven effect.^^ i'd love to see what your experiments are and how they turn out!
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Gender Bender Couples! :D   Gender Bender Couples! :D - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2019 8:17 pm

I lurk. I enjoy what I see. Very Happy Very much so! Too tired for much more. I'll be back to comment later on the new gems.

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Gender Bender Couples! :D   Gender Bender Couples! :D - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2019 3:05 am

it took me a bit to get around to this since i was so distracted by the lovely elf selves...but i got around to it! tried some new shading again...>.< does it look okay? i hate shading. but yay for Tyldak and Dewshine being done!!!

also i hope it's okay...i did some experimentation and shrunk down Tyldak's eyebrows and seperated them...wanted to see how it would look versus the unibrow. what do you guys think?

Gender Bender Couples! :D - Page 5 Recogn10
Back to top Go down
Leanan

Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Gender Bender Couples! :D   Gender Bender Couples! :D - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2019 1:46 pm

Wow! They all look amazing! I love the ominous mood in the Winnie and Rayek picture... and Dewshine and Tyldak remain themselves, perfectly. party

Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Gender Bender Couples! :D   Gender Bender Couples! :D - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2019 4:40 am

The colours of female Tyldak and male Dewshine are absolutely gorgeous Vaeri! Well done as always! The brows are much better like this , thanks for morphing to a more pleasant shape to create a beautiful Tyldak. Not so "ugly" unibrows  as the original.  lol! 💖💖💖💎💎💎 

If you would like to experiment,  how about making the outlines of the skin two times darker so I can see them better at first glance? My eyes are not so well (I am shortsighted XD.wearing contact lenses most of the time. ) ...but still I LOVE how they turned out and your creation of backgrounds are AMAZING.  The sky and clouds are very fitting.  💖

Thank you for taking time and sharing with us!💖🙆🏻

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gender Bender Couples! :D   Gender Bender Couples! :D - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Gender Bender Couples! :D
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Father Tree Holt :: ElfQuest FanArt and FanFiction-
Jump to: