Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Redhead Ember's Stories and Poetry

Go down 
+7
Redhead Ember
Sifra
Embala
TrollHammer
Fairyring
Kindredsoul
ChristinaRaibert
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

Redhead Ember's Stories and Poetry - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redhead Ember's Stories and Poetry   Redhead Ember's Stories and Poetry - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 13, 2016 4:46 pm

That's a very likely developement, Redhead. A good thought and a lovely, well told example.

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Redhead Ember's Stories and Poetry   Redhead Ember's Stories and Poetry - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 31, 2016 9:09 am

New Life Unexpected

Slowly life returned to the Holt. Sure, they were all still grieving; for brother for sister, for parents for lovemate, for packmates for friends. But they did what the Wolfriders had always done, ever since the days of Timmorn Yellow-Eyes; they survived.

“Hers is a Wolfrider soul name,” Woodlock said, looking adoringly at his lifemate and newborn daughter, “but the tribe may call her Newstar.”

“Newstar.” Cutter repeated, smiling at the tiny bundle in Rainsong’s arms. “Yes, she is a new star in this dark night.”

Newstar, and her age mate Dart, quickly grew, once again filling the Holt with the laughter that seemed to have died away when Madcoil attacked. They knew – of course – about the dangers posed by the humans, Dart especially heard the story of his lost sister, and knew to be careful when venturing out from the Holt. However, they never let fear rule their lives; they – as everyone else – lived in the Now, enjoying each day to the fullest.

“Has anyone seen Woodlock and Rainsong? They’ve been gone since last night.”

It was about four years after Madcoil. Four years that had been lived in peace and prosperity, so in reality Clearbrook had no apparent reason to be concerned for her tribemates, yet they all knew too well the threat the humans posed to anyone among them, and someone disappearing was never a good sign.

“They went out to gather roots and berries.” Newstar said with a smile. “They promised I’d get the best and ripest ones they could find. And that I could eat as many as I can stuff into my mouth.”

“Hopefully they’re not looking for Dreamberries.” Pike said, looking at his niece. “Too many of those aren’t healthy for little elf girls. Or elf boys!” He quickly added, looking at Dart.

“Even so, we should still make sure they’re alright.” Cutter quickly cut in. “Gathering roots and berries shouldn’t take a night and a day.”

However, just as they were about to start a search the missing couple silently walked into the Holt; hand-in-hand and smiling in a secret, knowingly way.

“Sorry for disappearing.” Woodlock said.

“We were… held up.” Rainsong quickly added.

“Held up? By humans?” Cutter asked, concerned.

“Where are the berries?” Newstar asked, looking at her parents, who – part from their hands still clasped together – were empty-handed.

“No, not by humans.” Rainsong replied. “About the berries. We’re very sorry cubling; we forgot about those. But maybe you’d like a little brother instead?”

“Where is he?” Newstar asked, looking behind her parents, as if thinking her brother would be hiding there.

“You’d have to wait two more turns of the seasons to meet him.” Woodlock replied with a soft laugh, reaching down to pick up his daughter.

“Wait a minute!” Pike had jumped up, starring from Rainsong to Woodlock and back at Rainsong. “You two…”

“Uh-uh!” Rainsong said. There was no need to explain, as everyone finally knew exactly what was going on.

“Are you trying to overdo Zarhan and Rahnee the She-Wolf? Hopefully you’re going to be a bit more imaginative with what you’re naming your cubs…”

“What do you mean?” Dewshine asked.

“Rahnee the She-Wolf and her lifemate, Zarhan Fastfire had… “He counted on his fingers multiple times before giving up, “well, they had several children. Each was named ‘Brighteyes’ at birth.”

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Redhead Ember's Stories and Poetry   Redhead Ember's Stories and Poetry - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 31, 2016 5:29 pm

That's a sweet little story, Redhead. So fitting to start into a new year. I love you

I love how you've pictured little Newstar - her childlike curiosity, eagerness and innoscence. The little sweet tooth ... missing berries her first concern. *chuckles* And the little detail that Woodlock lifts up his daughter.
Pike's concern about dreamberries ^^ ... as if Rainsong would feed them to the little ones. His failed attempt to count - and pointing out the "Brighteyes" naming habit.

A story to bring a smile Very Happy or two or more sunny

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Redhead Ember's Stories and Poetry   Redhead Ember's Stories and Poetry - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 01, 2017 8:10 am

Well, I quite like writing stories about unseen Recognitions - and unseen moments in general.
As for the Dreamberries, well... Newstar - and Dart - might have gobbled them up before either of their parents could stop them.
And the failed attempt to count; this was my sneaky was to get around the fact that we don't really know how many canonical children Rahnee and Zarhan had.

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Redhead Ember's Stories and Poetry   Redhead Ember's Stories and Poetry - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 01, 2017 8:34 am

*snickers* figured as much ^^ The Wolfrider Guide is listing 6 or 7 kids - I'm not sure myself. And who really knows ... back in those dark hidden times.

Last edited by Embala on Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sifra

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: Redhead Ember's Stories and Poetry   Redhead Ember's Stories and Poetry - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 01, 2017 9:26 am

That is a really cute story Redhead!

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Redhead Ember's Stories and Poetry   Redhead Ember's Stories and Poetry - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 26, 2017 3:58 am

Sending 2 Fahr, Fahr. Sending 2 Cutter lock-sent gently, holding his sobbing soul brother in his arms. Sending 2 Look into my eyes. Look for Tam, and I think you'll understand. Sending 2

Slowly, hesitatingly, Skywise gazed into those much-older-than-his-years eyes of his brother. Deep within his found the Tam his own Fahr had - so unexpectedly - discovered all those years ago, but now he saw what he had never seen before, he saw and he understood.

Sending 2 Tam? You are... Sending 2

Sending 2 Yes. So you see? It doesn't matter that we must part; this skin or Timmain's, I will always love you. Sending 2

No more words were said, or sent, between them. No more words were needed. They just sat on the snowy hilltop watching the stars as they had done so many times before, ever since they were cubs.
Cutter and Skywise, together in the now.
Tam and Fahr, together, always.

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Redhead Ember's Stories and Poetry   Redhead Ember's Stories and Poetry - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 26, 2017 4:19 am

Shocked I ... see ... pictures ...

Last edited by Embala on Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Redhead Ember's Stories and Poetry   Redhead Ember's Stories and Poetry - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 07, 2017 4:25 pm

Just a little something I came up with.

Goodbye

Goodbye, my love
I see you slowly fade;
like your parents before you
you're slipping away.

So small,
so young,
when you first came to us.
Quickly you grew;
racing along the path of your short-fickle life,
long for your kin
still heartbreakingly short.

Goodbye, my love
I see the wolf within;
like your parents before you
your spirit must soar.

Back to top Go down
Sifra

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: Redhead Ember's Stories and Poetry   Redhead Ember's Stories and Poetry - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 08, 2017 6:39 pm

That's really sweet Redhead.

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Redhead Ember's Stories and Poetry   Redhead Ember's Stories and Poetry - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 08, 2017 7:12 pm

Thanks. Dunno why, but I just found myself speculating about the sadness Behtia must have felt as Wing's life was drawing to its end. However, I think it the end she accepted it.

Back to top Go down
Sifra

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: Redhead Ember's Stories and Poetry   Redhead Ember's Stories and Poetry - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 08, 2017 7:13 pm

I can feel the sadness and the love as I read it so you did a good job! Smile

Evil Evie

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Redhead Ember's Stories and Poetry   Redhead Ember's Stories and Poetry - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 08, 2017 11:13 pm

*cries a little* that is highest praise from me.

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Redhead Ember's Stories and Poetry   Redhead Ember's Stories and Poetry - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 13, 2017 2:36 pm

I've missed your (not always) cryptic poems, Redhead.

I love this glimpse at a "hidden moment" and I love how it is from Bethia's point of view.

Last edited by Embala on Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Redhead Ember's Stories and Poetry   Redhead Ember's Stories and Poetry - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 14, 2017 5:13 pm

Thanks.

And now for a short, off-the-top-of-my-head poem:

Let there be another,
and let that other
be my brother.
Coz he is not an otter.

Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Redhead Ember's Stories and Poetry   Redhead Ember's Stories and Poetry - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 05, 2018 8:09 am

First Meeting

What draws his spirit towards the Vastdeep Waters? Sunstream does not know, yet he knows it is a pull he could not resist, even if he wanted to. He remembers his first crossing of the waters in the Palace, not so many seasons ago for him, yet long terrible seasons for his father, and even longer time for the world as a whole. He remembers a small boat crossing a bay south of his childhood home of Sorrow's End. However, those two crossings were - each in their way - filled with a sense of dread, of anticipation, this time he feels only wonder as he lets his spirit glide across the waters.

He does not know what he expected to find, but he knows it wasn't this: At the shadows of a large coral structure extending into the ocean; elves, strange elves, tall and of such a variety of shape and colour as Sunstream has never seen. And more; these elves seem to live as much under water as above it.

His wonder and curiosity is quickly forgotten, though, as he finds himself drawn to one maiden in particular; soft-looking lavendar skin, lustrous long brown curls, and eyes so blue Sunstream feels like he could get lost in them like in the depths of the ocean. She is talking to another maiden, one who looks very similar to her, and a sudden realisation grips Sunstream.

'She is a twin, like me.' he wonders, looking at the beautiful maiden, wishing he could reach out and touch her.

He should go home, he really should, or at least leave these people alone; he has no right to spy on them. Yet, he cannot bring himself to leave; as soon as he tries he finds himself turning for one last glance at the beautiful maiden, and then he becomes transfixed in place. Even as the shadows begin to lengthen, and the strange elves make for their underwater grottos for rest, does he remain locked in place.

*How long have you been standing there?* A sudden sending, and he is finally able to move. Turning around he sees none other than the beautiful maiden, or rather; her spirit, floating towards him.

*You... you can see me?* He asks dumbly.

*Of course.* Comes the - almost laughing - answer *I'm Brill, and you are...?*

*Suntop, errr, Sunstream.*

*Nice to meet you, 'Suntop, errr, Sunstream'.* There is a michievous glean to her eyes, as if she knows full well that that is not, indeed, his actual name.

*Just Sunstream. It was Suntop, but my name was changed recently, guess I haven't quite gotten used to it yet.*

*I see. But...* She hesitates, as if not knowing how to phrase her question; *Where are you? Your body, I mean. Not your spirit*

*Far, far from here. Come, let me show you.*

One spirit-hand touches another, and Sunstream understands - with utmost certainty - that this is why he was drawn towards the great waters; somehow, he knows in his heart that this beautiful maiden will shape his life forever.

Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Redhead Ember's Stories and Poetry   Redhead Ember's Stories and Poetry - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 31, 2018 7:27 pm

This is the first instalment in a little series of poems I'm planning:

Perhaps a bit of kindness
can mend a broken mind.
Seeing a whole,
instead of two halves.
A person,
Not who they resemble.

The next will be up, whenever I've written it.

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Redhead Ember's Stories and Poetry   Redhead Ember's Stories and Poetry - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2018 4:40 pm

LOVE Two-Edge Ahdri IT!

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Redhead Ember's Stories and Poetry   Redhead Ember's Stories and Poetry - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2018 12:02 pm

This took longer than anticipated, newest edition in my "Lovers' Songs" series.

Eyes met eyes
against all hearts:
a choice was made,
and love won out.
Eyes met eyes
within all hearts:
a choice was made,
and love won out.

Next will be out... some time in December perhaps.

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Redhead Ember's Stories and Poetry   Redhead Ember's Stories and Poetry - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2018 1:28 pm

Let's see...

Tyldak Dewshine
Dewshine Scouter

Scouter Tyleet Kiss
Tyleet Kiss Dewshine Scouter

Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Redhead Ember's Stories and Poetry   Redhead Ember's Stories and Poetry - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 17, 2018 8:45 am

Beautiful poetry, Redhead Ember. Because of the loose and somehow cryptic rhyme scheme your poems sound very modern. I read the last out loud - such a beautiful flow!

'Lover's Songs' - a great choice for a series. I wonder which couples you will choose next out of many throughout Elfquest and let them speak trough romantic, poetic verses. Yay!
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Redhead Ember's Stories and Poetry   Redhead Ember's Stories and Poetry - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 24, 2018 5:56 pm

Thanks.

Next couple? That depends on which one I finish, I'm sorta working on several at once.

Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Redhead Ember's Stories and Poetry   Redhead Ember's Stories and Poetry - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2018 7:00 am

This sounds promising. It's so nice there are poetry lovers among Elfquest fans.

Such a big pool of characters and couples...
so many stories...
but also so much potential for POETRY.

I am eager to read! :-)

Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Redhead Ember's Stories and Poetry   Redhead Ember's Stories and Poetry - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2018 12:53 pm

It's Couples that are together by the time Final Quest ends

Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Redhead Ember's Stories and Poetry   Redhead Ember's Stories and Poetry - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2018 1:51 pm

I LIKE this revelation! <3

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Redhead Ember's Stories and Poetry   Redhead Ember's Stories and Poetry - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Redhead Ember's Stories and Poetry
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next