Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dreams... schemes

Go down 
+9
TrollHammer
Zadzi
Embala
Kojiyumi
Kindredsoul
Fairyring
G0lden
Trollbabe
Tam
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

Dreams... schemes Empty
PostSubject: Dreams... schemes   Dreams... schemes EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 6:44 am

I rarely have an "elfquest dream". Had one tonight. I don't like it to have an "EQ" dream because it never is what others dreamt and shared. It was and is always about anything bad happening with the forums, within the community ... not nightmares but of the exhausting kind.

I've dreamt of Rob. Not of the person but of his actions and ways of communication on the "brave new forum" we had before the Frozen Waste. How I couldn't find anything, how I couldn't figure out things, how I seemingly wasn't able to understand "right" what was said and wanted ... less was able to express myself in a clear and "appropriate" way.

I'm glad that he remained the faceless concept of an admin, the "power behind the Scroll".

The dream was mainly feeling - the need to express something, the unability to do so, the knowledge that it will be futile anyway - and the awareness that I need not do it anyway. But I wanted so desperately ...
The only dream picture I saw was a fanart of Cutter he had posted and some text that remained unreadable for me. I tried to identify that picture because the artist was not told. I knew something was wrong with it - it should look different, ressembled very much another fanart I couldn't give credit as well. I've tried to edit it to SHOW what I couldn't express in words ... and failed, too.
Those fanarts were about Cutter but both had a strong Rayek vibe. While I went through the layers with a virtual eraser it turned into very red Rayek and before I could clear this picture the eraser reveiled a blue Cutter. I was angry with myself that I hadn't stopped in time ... but it didn't really matter anymore...

...and I finally could stay awake. During all this dream I had realized that my cat tried to wake me up, all purrs and fur - and butt ^^ - but I always fell back in the dream. This furry ball of love and demand made it a good wakeup and start on the day. I love you

Last edited by Embala on Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:10 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typos)
Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

Dreams... schemes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams... schemes   Dreams... schemes EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 11:19 pm

I'm not all that knowledgeable in deciphering dreams, but this is the *feeling* I get when trying to interpret yours....

Maybe the elves are trying to tell you something... using Rayek and Cutter, since those two have often been portrayed as total opposites of each other.

Red (the color) Rayek (the character) may have symbolized your past subconscious  frustration (the color red) in the old site, and your head strong determination and need to "SHOW"  (the headstrong determination that is so much of Rayek's characteristic) what you couldn't convey.

Not to be misunderstood as a negative message here. Just that Rayek and his traits are a very strong symbol your subconsciousness may have used for your dream in stark contrast to the next part of your dream.

In the end, Blue (the color) Cutter (the character) then portrays what your subconsciousness knows is true now. You know you can feel calm and peaceful (the color blue) here in Father Tree in whatever you wish to try to portray, and the fact that you are free to be outspoken, as well as lending everyone here a helping hand when they need it (the Cutter characteristic)

I have no idea if that makes sense to you, but that's what I saw into it when I read about it! ^__^

Cutter egg 2018 from Embala
Back to top Go down
Tam

Tam

Leo Tiger

Dreams... schemes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams... schemes   Dreams... schemes EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 2:32 am

I love to talk about dreams...I try not to decipher, as I feel that the dreamer is the best one suited to such. Not that I disapprove of the effort! I think Kin's interpretation is as good as anyone else could give. Smile I have epic, movie-like dreams, and I love sharing and hearing the dreams of others, good or bad. It's fascinating.
Back to top Go down
http://oakleafholt.boards.net
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

Dreams... schemes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams... schemes   Dreams... schemes EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 3:18 pm

Thank you, Kin. *hugs* Not sure whether I aimed for an interpretation, Tam.

It was one of the few dreams I was able to remember longer than 60 seconds. It was a dream I "returned to" though I was half awake between (thanks to cat ). And ... It felt like I should remember, write it down to think about ... so I decided: Why not here? Why not share?

Dream can be just a dream. But when I try to make sense of it ... gets pretty much the same result as you suggested, Kin. At least I hope it is this way ... that the not so reasonable part of my mind agrees to "let go".

And now I hope other dreams will be shared here whenever someone feels like it. I'd love to have movie-like dreams, Tam. But when I manage to remember one it's either mostly "feelings, that something (bad) will happen" ... or it's the Xteenth interpretation of "En attendant Godot". XD

Tam

Tam

Leo Tiger

Dreams... schemes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams... schemes   Dreams... schemes EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 3:50 pm

Heh. I have crazy dreams because I'm an insomniac, and very vivid dreams are a side effect of my medication. But if you reliably record your dreams, either here or in a journal or in a voice recorder (I do the latter since I can do it while still in bed and when the dream is still fresh), your recall slowly gets better. I have dream files that are 10 minutes long.
Back to top Go down
http://oakleafholt.boards.net
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

Dreams... schemes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams... schemes   Dreams... schemes EmptyWed May 06, 2015 12:20 am

When I was younger, I had a few dreams which ended up having to do with something that happened the next day. Some of these things were really, really bad. It hasn't happened in fifteen years or more.

Embala

Capricorn Pig

Dreams... schemes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams... schemes   Dreams... schemes EmptyWed May 06, 2015 2:33 pm

I hope such dreams will NEVER come back, Trollbabe. *HUGS*

Fairyring

Fairyring

Taurus Cat

Dreams... schemes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams... schemes   Dreams... schemes EmptyWed May 06, 2015 3:56 pm

Interesting to read about dreams. In Germany we say "dreams are like foam" (ergo they fade away), right Embala? *winks* Smile Is there a similar proverb in other countries maybe? Still, dreams include so many symbols...it is fascinating. I often have lucid dreams which means I am aware that I am dreaming. In most cases I decide to "fly" then which may look pretty odd because I always do motions like swimming in the air (I hope not in reality in my bed though)! Rolling Eyes

Very lightly step around,
Tip-Toe as you pass,
Last night Fairies frolicked there
And they're sleeping somewhere near.

~
Back to top Go down
Kojiyumi

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

Dreams... schemes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams... schemes   Dreams... schemes EmptyWed May 06, 2015 4:33 pm

I lucid dream sometimes.... kinda.... when I'm even IN my own dreams...  And often times it's to go "Okay, this is just TOO insane/stupid" and I end it and either wake up or flip to something else. Dreams... schemes 42_4 Usually my dreams feel more like watching a program starring someone else.  Dreams... schemes 109_3

Dreams... schemes Sig10
*✲゚*。✧KOJIYUMI✧。*✲゚*

ණ⃛(ᵒ͈̑ᴗ̂ᵒ͈̑ )” Getting stuff done at the speed of smell! ─=≡Σ((( つ•̀ω•́)つ

Dreams... schemes Sigimage
Back to top Go down
Fairyring

Fairyring

Taurus Cat

Dreams... schemes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams... schemes   Dreams... schemes EmptyThu May 07, 2015 8:04 am

Kojiyumi wrote:
And often times it's to go "Okay, this is just TOO insane/stupid" and I end it and either wake up or flip to something else.

This sounds fun! You are the director of your own dreams. Cool

Tip-Toe as you pass,

~
Back to top Go down
Kojiyumi

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

Dreams... schemes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams... schemes   Dreams... schemes EmptyThu May 07, 2015 1:18 pm

Kinda, yep!  I sometimes can start them before I fall asleep, but occasionally they run away and get off track.   It may sound weird, but my best friend is a lucid, too, and we occasionally get... overlap.  Not so much now that we work almost opposite shifts, but when we were pretty much crashing at the same time, it happened on occasion. Dreams... schemes 31

Dreams... schemes Sig10
*✲゚*。✧KOJIYUMI✧。*✲゚*

Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

Dreams... schemes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams... schemes   Dreams... schemes EmptySat May 09, 2015 1:56 pm

I can actually start off dreaming what I want to dream. Many times it repeats and then suddenly a little new piece would be revealed. Then there are times I start off with one particular recurring dream and it ends up something totally different.

Fairyring

Fairyring

Taurus Cat

Dreams... schemes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams... schemes   Dreams... schemes EmptySat May 09, 2015 3:09 pm

Kojiyumi wrote:
sound weird, but my best friend is a lucid, too, and we occasionally get... overlap.
Wow, you have a connection! But it would scare me a bit... Razz

Tip-Toe as you pass,

~
Back to top Go down
Fairyring

Fairyring

Taurus Cat

Dreams... schemes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams... schemes   Dreams... schemes EmptySat May 09, 2015 3:13 pm

G0lden wrote:
I can actually start off dreaming what I want to dream.
Me too! I almost always dream  something containing my last thoughts before I fall asleep...and then lucid dream! Unfortunately I forget many things when  wake up. But I am too lazy to start a "dream diary". I think it would help me remember everything if I would write it down right after waking up.

Tip-Toe as you pass,

~
Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

Dreams... schemes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams... schemes   Dreams... schemes EmptyFri May 22, 2015 9:55 pm

Is so jealous of all of you Razz I never have dreams anymore. Pretty sure I know why, and it's a good reason that I understand...

But I miss having them. The good ones I mean Wink

I wanna hear about the wacky ones where you dream your running along the top of the ocean with a banana on your head while talking to Santa Clause on a space shuttle phone! So who hear has the weird ones like that??

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

Dreams... schemes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams... schemes   Dreams... schemes EmptyFri May 22, 2015 10:15 pm

More likely I'd ran around trying to find out where my space shuttle is parked ... and wondering what important thing I've forgotten about (i.e. the banana on the head). XD

Kojiyumi

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

Dreams... schemes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams... schemes   Dreams... schemes EmptyFri May 22, 2015 10:57 pm

Kindredsoul wrote:
Is so jealous of all of you Razz  I never have dreams anymore. Pretty sure I know why, and it's a good reason that I understand...

Winnowill ?

*runs*

Dreams... schemes Sig10
*✲゚*。✧KOJIYUMI✧。*✲゚*

Back to top Go down
Fairyring

Fairyring

Taurus Cat

Dreams... schemes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams... schemes   Dreams... schemes EmptySat May 23, 2015 3:45 pm

Kojiyumi wrote:
Kindredsoul wrote:
Is so jealous of all of you Razz  I never have dreams anymore. Pretty sure I know why, and it's a good reason that I understand...

Winnowill ?

*runs*

Good that in reality nobody can take away one's dreams like Winnowill did with some poor Gliders! What a snake -> Winnie Evil

Thoughts are free........................................

Tip-Toe as you pass,

~
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

Dreams... schemes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams... schemes   Dreams... schemes EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 9:08 am

Three nights full of weird unpleasant exhausting dreams. Good thing I lost memory the moment I woke up - so there was no need to bother about any longer. Bad thind I lost memory the moment I woke up - so there was no chance to put them in place and get rid of.

Right now I've remembered that one of them was an "ElfQuest dream" again. Something about FTH and the official EQ site(s). Some (semi-)official there stated that things are much better in the fandom now that those backwardly troublemakers are isolated in there own far away place. This dreamt up statement had the vibe of "outcasts" being locked away in a "ghetto".

That's most disturbing. MY dream. MY thoughts. Do I - unconciously - consider our community as outcasts and this place as a ghetto? Fathertreeholt felt like a home from the first day ... not just a temporary life boat. I loved to see dear familiar faces gather here and new tribemates join our circle. The last weeks I started to feel really settled here. Comfortable  ... without all the crappy baggage I've carried along from the ruins of the old Scroll. So WHY do I dream such shit? *headdesk*

Schemes. Silly dreams. Rests cooked up of whatever daily problems and emotional clutter lying around.

Probably I still feel guilty because I've not succeeded in keeping the Scroll of Colors together and running. A task that was neither my responsibility nor within my possibilities. Let alone - being unwished for a ling time. Most of you were wise enough to realize this in time.

I should delete this. It's like a weird chaotic dream of its own ...

Leanan

Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

Dreams... schemes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams... schemes   Dreams... schemes EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 11:51 am

*glomphugs Em* Don't delete. You are not answerable for your dreams, nor is it wrong to discuss them.

Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

Dreams... schemes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams... schemes   Dreams... schemes EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 9:14 pm

I think your heart is still mending from the split up of members, Em. Yes we have so many here, but the fans/tribe was never meant to be broken in the first place...

Don't fee bad about sharing, Embala. Talking about the dreams just may help ease them, or give you better ones instead I love you I love you I love you

Back to top Go down
Leanan

Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

Dreams... schemes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams... schemes   Dreams... schemes EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 6:50 am

I had a weird and elaborate dream last night. I was living in Helsinki (the capital of Finland), and I decided that since I was there, I might as well go and see the Zoo. I went to the Zoo by myself and saw many animals. There was a little green(!) furry thing somewhat like a hamster, and to my shock and confusion, I saw an employee pick it up, and say that they had too much of these thingies and it would be "taken apart". He plucked off one of its little green furry ears and it came off like a flower petal, and the animal did not show pain. But I couldn't watch more, so I left that area.

Then I came to a pond, that was not surrounded by fences or anything. There was just a sign warning people not to go to the water because a crocodile was there. Someone I sort-of-knew (in the dream; I don't know such a person in real life) decided it would be a good idea for him to go in the water. He waded over and told me it was safe, there was a fence underwater - saying this he pointed at a straight line on the surface farther off - and the crocodile would not get him. I yelled at him to come out; it was not a fence, just some ripples. The crocodile showed up and started swimming towards him and he just laughed. Finally the crocodile almost caught him, and he explained to me that it was just a robot. I was angry with him for making me worry.

I went off alone and ended up in some kind of shadowy attic room, where there were costumes, resembling the kind of clothes people wore in the 1700s and 1800s. (No, it does not make sense for a Zoo to have such stuff, but in my dream they did). They were just hanging on clothes hangers, as if anyone could try them on.

Then I saw something familiar - over a railing there was a wrap-around skirt I used to own (I really did have one like that once, white and green stripes, just a square of fabric with laces to tie it with. But the dream version had ruffles at the hem.). In the dream I "remembered" that I had lost the skirt at the Zoo when I was there many years ago, when I tried on those costumes. I picked it up. The guy from before, and a friend of his, showed up again. I told them how strange it was to find my skirt after so many years. Then I tried to put it on but it was too small. (Which would probably happen in real life too, as I was much skinnier when I wore that skirt). I was embarrassed to have that happen in front of those guys.

Then we went to a gift shop, but the dream gets fuzzy in my mind after that point. There was one item I remember, a sort of frame with a circular hole in the middle, made "to hold a surprise gift, such as candy or a bouncy ball."

Back to top Go down
Kojiyumi

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

Dreams... schemes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams... schemes   Dreams... schemes EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 1:39 pm

Fell asleep while marathoning Mayday/Air Disasters/Air Crash Investigators. Yeaaaaah.... Would not necessarily call it a nightmare but almost enough to get me to pick up something I was writing...

Dreams... schemes Sig10
*✲゚*。✧KOJIYUMI✧。*✲゚*

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

Dreams... schemes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams... schemes   Dreams... schemes EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 2:41 pm

Hug Kin I love you

Zadzi

Zadzi

Dreams... schemes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams... schemes   Dreams... schemes EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 2:55 am

One thing I noticed is that crocodile/alligator dreams often represent fears or suspicions about enemies rising out of the depth of consciousness.
Teeth dreams / them being broken or damaged almost always represent a huge incoming change in life (it's happened consistently for me and for others I know, and I think it's archetypal).
I wonder if animal dreams tend to do with parts of ourselves that we hide from ourselves and others. I'm in deep crap whenever i have a tiger dream, for me it means I'm about to make a change that will turn things upside down, for better or worse, and the life decisions will piss off a lot of people in my life. Years ago, the tiger came to me in dreams and kind of became a personal symbol for a kind of freedom or reminder to be true to self. The times i didn't listen, I deeply regretted it later.

Elmbala, I felt some of your dreams seem to represent some sort of regret and as KindredSoul pointed out, there's some healing going on in the unconscious as stuff is getting detangled. I really love that this forum and topic exist. It makes me happy!

Dreams are my life, I love trying to interpret them.
I wish I had more Elfquest dreams, and I don't. But I LOVED the Dream Time series, and it made me look at Pike in a completely different way. I began to really like his character.

Last night I dreamed of living underwater and watching two gigantic lobsters trying to mate on a boulder, as a third was sort of hanging out and looking for food... mm, okay. And nearby were creatures called sea giraffes, and they resembled large sea horses, with long, unfurling spotted necks.
I didn't watch anything the night before, but I did have a few bites of coconut cake, sooooo .....

Dreams... schemes Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dreams... schemes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams... schemes   Dreams... schemes Empty

Back to top Go down

Dreams... schemes
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next