Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Face paint advice

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

Face paint advice Empty
PostSubject: Face paint advice   Face paint advice EmptyTue May 05, 2015 11:52 am

Hey everyone! ^_^

I'm in the process of doing my son's graduation pictures, and the one idea we really want to do is to paint his face with the colorful "puzzle pieces" theme used to represent autism. My concern is how face paint always looks cracked when it dries. Since the photos will be up close I really want to avoid this.

So would anyone have any advice as to what to use or what to do with face paint so it keeps a smooth appearance on skin when it dries?

Any tips is greatly appreciated!

Cutter egg 2018 from Embala
Back to top Go down
Kojiyumi

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

Face paint advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Face paint advice   Face paint advice EmptyTue May 05, 2015 12:32 pm

Use grease paint and a setting powder. It won't crack but you have to mind not getting it all over!

Face paint advice Sig10
*✲゚*。✧KOJIYUMI✧。*✲゚*

ණ⃛(ᵒ͈̑ᴗ̂ᵒ͈̑ )” Getting stuff done at the speed of smell! ─=≡Σ((( つ•̀ω•́)つ

Face paint advice Sigimage
Back to top Go down
TrollHammer

TrollHammer

Face paint advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Face paint advice   Face paint advice EmptyTue May 05, 2015 6:21 pm

I did the clown thing years ago, had a nightmare with grease paint, ended up having to use foot scrub to get it off, and it still took hours... dont know if I did it wrong. Still, clown makeup was what I was thinking, that or some form of airbrush,but that doesnt get very sharp lines.

Stormcatcher

Libra Tiger

Face paint advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Face paint advice   Face paint advice EmptyWed May 06, 2015 10:00 pm

For a full face paint I'd use professional (theatrical use) water paint and translucent powder.  Never noticed any cracking provided it's not applied too thickly.  I have thin, sensitive skin and grease paint starts to itch within minutes, even if it's just half a cheek covered by it.  
I'd try out several brands and give them a trial run to see what works best. The water paint I used (Leichner brand) was rather inexpensive and worked very well with different designs.

Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

Face paint advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Face paint advice   Face paint advice EmptyWed May 06, 2015 11:21 pm

*ideeeeaaaaa*

ooorrrrrrrrr maybe Embala can use her epic uber editing talents and somehow add them on his face >__>

Cutter egg 2018 from Embala
Back to top Go down
Nibblet

Nibblet

Pisces Dragon

Face paint advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Face paint advice   Face paint advice EmptyThu May 07, 2015 4:55 pm

not sharpies. Definitely not sharpies. *remembers trying to get "lipsticks" off a toddlers face*

*shudders*

Nope. NOT sharpies

Zebbed as the First Lady of Naughtyniceness!
Cast as Petalwing in the EQ Forums Movie
Dubbed Google Queen by Kindredsoul
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Face paint advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Face paint advice   Face paint advice Empty

Back to top Go down

Face paint advice
Page 1 of 1