Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ElfQuest - RPG (the pen & paper).

Go down 
+11
Embala
Sharp leaf
Nibblet
Holt
Stormcatcher
faeriegirl
Kindredsoul
manga
Multimedea
G0lden
Kojiyumi
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

ElfQuest - RPG (the pen & paper). - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ElfQuest - RPG (the pen & paper).   ElfQuest - RPG (the pen & paper). - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 3:00 pm

What a wonderful Christmas surprise, Cloudbuck! I love you You partner had a plan - and the üersistance to get what he wanted.
I bet you two made one or the other journing on these maps. More likely wild trips! Wink

Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: ElfQuest - RPG (the pen & paper).   ElfQuest - RPG (the pen & paper). - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 8:15 pm

Sharp leaf wrote:
Ah heh yeah that would of been me ><

Heh! Awesome! There's definitely a resurgence of interest in the ElfQuest RPG, because you're the second person in two months to write me and inquire about it. Would be cool if someone - somehow - made an updated ElfQuest RPG.

TrollHammer

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: ElfQuest - RPG (the pen & paper).   ElfQuest - RPG (the pen & paper). - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 10:52 pm

@Tymber: do you think that any of the dynamics of the RPG would be transferrable to a Space Quest type (SCUMM) framework?

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: ElfQuest - RPG (the pen & paper).   ElfQuest - RPG (the pen & paper). - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 2:34 pm

TrollHammer wrote:
@Tymber: do you think that any of the dynamics of the RPG would be transferrable to a Space Quest type (SCUMM) framework?

Sadly, no. Simply because they over complicated the actual RPG mechanics. Despite my love of ElfQuest and Roleplaying; the game itself is WAY overly complicated.

I would love to see it converted to something more standard; like the D20 System.

Cloudbuck

Cloudbuck

Gemini Dragon

PostSubject: Re: ElfQuest - RPG (the pen & paper).   ElfQuest - RPG (the pen & paper). - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 2:37 pm

A more streamlined D20 system would certainly by my preference! My greatest familiarity is with Pathfinder (although I'm learning the Dragon Age/Fantasy AGE system now), so to me it would seem very intuitive.
Back to top Go down
http://myarmcanfly.net
Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: ElfQuest - RPG (the pen & paper).   ElfQuest - RPG (the pen & paper). - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 9:13 pm

Cloudbuck wrote:
A more streamlined D20 system would certainly by my preference! My greatest familiarity is with Pathfinder (although I'm learning the Dragon Age/Fantasy AGE system now), so to me it would seem very intuitive.

Yes, I would love to see a D20 version of ElfQuest... and I started one a long time ago... but got behind on all these other things I was doing and dropped it.

TrollHammer

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: ElfQuest - RPG (the pen & paper).   ElfQuest - RPG (the pen & paper). - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 5:42 am

So if one were to try to do such a thing, is there a particular game book I should look at? It just happens the local comic shop seems to have gone nuts with stocking the various books for various systems. At $30+ a pop I dont want to just start buying random books, but if there is a recommended book I can try to budget it in.

(Im really surprised at how many books there are: 20ft of magazine racks, and another 20ft or more of "cubby" type shelves, roughly 20-50 books per cubby, and easily 40-50 cubbies, all for roll playing! Consixering this takes up a good 1/4 of the usable floor space, it makes me wonder if they bought out someone's stock or if there are just that many people playing pen and paper rpgs? Too bad I still dont have a clue about anyone local that plays.)

Cloudbuck

Gemini Dragon

PostSubject: Re: ElfQuest - RPG (the pen & paper).   ElfQuest - RPG (the pen & paper). - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 9:16 am

The Pathfinder Core Rulebook is nice because it gives you everything you need to start playing that system in one huge volume, but I'm very biased in favor of Pathfinder. It's a more expensive book, but unlike other systems I've played (DnD, White Wolf, Shadowrun...) you don't HAVE to have multiple volumes to get started. Like I mentioned, the Fantasy AGE system is a good one too as far as a basic ruleset you can put any setting onto, but I'm not sure that's available in print. I've only seen it as a PDF.

I've definitely noticed a spike in tabletop popularity over the last few years. We've been able to go out and join pickup single-session games pretty much any time we want to, and there are all kinds of meetup groups and whatnot organized for particular systems, locations, or timeslots. I think we're definitely seeing a bit of a surge in the gaming world, which is really fun!
Back to top Go down
http://myarmcanfly.net
Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: ElfQuest - RPG (the pen & paper).   ElfQuest - RPG (the pen & paper). - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 10:35 pm

Cloudbuck wrote:
The Pathfinder Core Rulebook is nice because it gives you everything you need to start playing that system in one huge volume, but I'm very biased in favor of Pathfinder.

I feel like 5th Edition does a great job of this as well. Because once you have picked a race & class, you pick a background - and that gives you additional benefits (so for example, you could Pick Race as "Elf", Class as "Hunter" and then background "Wolfrider" and it would give you the appropriate benefits)... Of course, that would require someone taking the time to do this - and I am not sure if there's that one that dedicated (or insane) to try to make it work.

Prism

Prism

PostSubject: Re: ElfQuest - RPG (the pen & paper).   ElfQuest - RPG (the pen & paper). - Page 3 EmptyThu May 05, 2016 11:37 am

Gaming statistics have always been complicated to me, but I like some of the storylines in the RPG. A tribe of humans at odds with polluting trolls, 2 new elf tribes at war with themselves, desert nomad elves,story about a firstcomer troll plus the Plainsrunners and their jackal companions. It really seemed to flesh out the world especially with Wendy's illustrations. Shame that it never took off or that she didn't incorporate those new cultures in the comic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ElfQuest - RPG (the pen & paper).   ElfQuest - RPG (the pen & paper). - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

ElfQuest - RPG (the pen & paper).
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3