Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

EQ computer game from scratch...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TrollHammer

PostSubject: EQ computer game from scratch...   Fri May 15, 2015 4:39 pm

Im looking into what its going to take to put together a lot simpler vame than what I tried in the past, and I need YOUR help!

Given that the theme is Elf Quest with all the usual suspects I have the following questions:

Have you played or would you be willing to play a "text game" of Elf Quest? (Examples are Zork Quest, Kings quest)

Have you played or would you be willing to play a "Rouge-like" game (look up "rogue video game".

If it works out, would you play an interactive text story? (Not sure if I can pull it off,but it would basically generate parts of a story based on what you did and what is going on)

Would you prefer a single player game that doesnt require internet, or a dynamic multiplayer game online (where players can be any race or creature, interacting with everyone else). Potentially, this would also make a world that changes on its own over time.

Any other ideas or thoughts on the subject? I decided that since I suck at generating graphics, an old fashioned text-type game might be more likely to get done, and be more like story writing.

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: EQ computer game from scratch...   Fri May 15, 2015 6:17 pm

I think text adventure would be the easiest. I love text adventure games.

Signature image by Embala. <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: EQ computer game from scratch...   Fri May 15, 2015 11:28 pm

I like the games that have a story with it. Multi player would be fun, but that sort of thing takes gobs of work and loads of time O__O

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: EQ computer game from scratch...   Sat May 16, 2015 2:19 am

So we have votes for "multiplayer text story"... any more thoughts or ideas, comments?

I have an idea the rolls with those ideas, but needs more work to hash out, I just want to make sure its something thats wanted before sinking a lot of time into it. I like messing with it, but if there wasnt going to be any players there wouldnt be as much of a point to it.

Thanks for your input so far!

EQ computer game from scratch...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1