Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

EQ computer game from scratch...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TrollHammer

TrollHammer

EQ computer game from scratch... Empty
PostSubject: EQ computer game from scratch...   EQ computer game from scratch... EmptyFri May 15, 2015 4:39 pm

Im looking into what its going to take to put together a lot simpler vame than what I tried in the past, and I need YOUR help!

Given that the theme is Elf Quest with all the usual suspects I have the following questions:

Have you played or would you be willing to play a "text game" of Elf Quest? (Examples are Zork Quest, Kings quest)

Have you played or would you be willing to play a "Rouge-like" game (look up "rogue video game".

If it works out, would you play an interactive text story? (Not sure if I can pull it off,but it would basically generate parts of a story based on what you did and what is going on)

Would you prefer a single player game that doesnt require internet, or a dynamic multiplayer game online (where players can be any race or creature, interacting with everyone else). Potentially, this would also make a world that changes on its own over time.

Any other ideas or thoughts on the subject? I decided that since I suck at generating graphics, an old fashioned text-type game might be more likely to get done, and be more like story writing.

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: EQ computer game from scratch...   EQ computer game from scratch... EmptyFri May 15, 2015 6:17 pm

I think text adventure would be the easiest. I love text adventure games.

Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: EQ computer game from scratch...   EQ computer game from scratch... EmptyFri May 15, 2015 11:28 pm

I like the games that have a story with it. Multi player would be fun, but that sort of thing takes gobs of work and loads of time O__O

Cutter egg 2018 from Embala
Back to top Go down
TrollHammer

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: EQ computer game from scratch...   EQ computer game from scratch... EmptySat May 16, 2015 2:19 am

So we have votes for "multiplayer text story"...  any more thoughts or ideas, comments?

I have an idea the rolls with those ideas, but needs more work to hash out, I just want to make sure its something thats wanted before sinking a lot of time into it. I like messing with it, but if there wasnt going to be any players there wouldnt be as much of a point to it.

Thanks for your input so far!

five year later edit, so it doesn't necro the thread...

I still have all the materials I generated for various versions of attempts of a game. Notes, maps, graphics, sprites, and so on. If someone is interested in taking up interest in this sort of thing, let me know, I keep toying with it but I never actually get to anything even vaguely functional. With two kids that have little interest in such things, other interests going on and a lot of extra time in the day absorbed by travel time and whatnot, I haven't even given an EQ game any thought in over a year. I do have LOTS of material, though, exploring many options, some quite novel. Just give me a PM.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EQ computer game from scratch...   EQ computer game from scratch... Empty

Back to top Go down

EQ computer game from scratch...
Page 1 of 1