Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalCalendarFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Blue Mountain (before Wolfriders) RP

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Blue Mountain (before Wolfriders) RP    Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:01 am

((Thank you SO much for your patience, Leanan... I haven't been home all weekend in order to post until now! Shocked  ))

Her spirits lifted when Talno spoke of his approval to the creature she attempted to describe and show him through sending.  Aroree was always worried over disappointing anyone, or being a disappointment, so to hear him agree to her suggestion fueled her self confidence and gave an additional lift to her step. As she watched her friend begin to glide quietly higher, Aroree almost missed the faint smile that lifted at the corner of his mouth.  Surely that wasn't a trick of the light!

At first she followed him from below, since the animal they were looking for could be either in the trees or scurrying across the forest floor. But the Glider soon found she didn't like being alone on the ground, feeling vulnerable to any unknown predator that could be lurking about.  Now gliding higher herself, she kept close to Talno's lead, lightly stepping on a branch or two as if her feet were feathers, while keeping her sights peeled for.... she saw movement! She heard the sound of water flowing!

In sending, she alerted Talno while changing direction.  **I think I saw something head for the water... let's hope the stars grant us luck!**  Once she reached the narrow creek, Aroree's bright eyes eagerly searched all along the embankment, but after several long moments, she couldn't find anything but the plant life below barely moving with the breeze. It wasn't until she released a sigh of defeat, the very creature they were searching for came bolting out of the brush, only to be followed by another.  A predator that appeared much like a much smaller version of a wolf, yet skinnier and with much larger ears.

Naturally the canine creature swiftly caught up to the round and bulky prey, but the smaller masked animal wasn't giving up without a fight! Aroree was frozen upon the branch above them.  The struggles and screeches of panic for survival didn't bother her.  Aroree was a hunter and accustomed to such a fight for a meal.  But she wasn't sure if they should intervene nature's course and steal the predator's meal.

Just as Aroree turned to Talno to ask him what he thought they should do, something in her mind suddenly made the decision herself as she grabbed her weapon and gave her friend sheepish grin.  "There's plenty of other meals that hunter can find for his meal today... I say that little prey is ours for the taking since we outnumber one little scavenger!"
Back to top Go down
Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Blue Mountain (before Wolfriders) RP    Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:40 pm

Talno followed Aroree to the river and considered the scene there. The predator was bigger, and would probably make a meal of the masked furry creature. Unless the two Gliders did something... it occurred to Talno that if they saved the masked creature, it might be smart enough to be grateful to them, and would trust them and come with them willingly. From dealing with the humans, he knew that they were grateful for the protection of 'those who dwell on high'. He was also aware that their Giant Hawks had emotions, as real as those of elves. If humans and birds understood gratitude, perhaps this small thing did, also.

Aroree's words confirmed that her mind had been on a similar track. **Yes, let us save this mask-face**, he sent, and realized he had given the creature a name. Mask-face. It would do, until someone found a better one.

He glided down to the stream and picked up a stone. He tossed it at the predator, hitting its head. The predator turned, and faced the two elves. The mask-face took up the opportunity and climbed into the nearest tree. Talno tossed another stone. The little predator snarled, still unwilling to give up its prey.
Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Blue Mountain (before Wolfriders) RP    Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:29 am

Aroree watched Tano's attempts to ward off the predator and took a similar approach from above.  Some of the trees grew small fruit, or hard nuts, within their branches, and the Glider quickly floated throughout the trees to grab a handful of harmless arsenal.  She now positioned herself behind her friend, yet still above him, and threw her little weapons at the beast.  Already confused and focused on Talno throwing rocks, the scrawny looking canine was now even more startled by Aroree's attacks.

It only took a few moments for the predator to realize his potential meal wasn't worth the effort of fighting off rocks and other debris hitting it until finally, it jerked away into a full run back into the forest.  Aroree landed beside Talno with a delighted, yet hushed cheer and a victorious smile until she turned around to see the masked creature's striped tail disappearing into the brush.   In a frantic state of sudden panic, the Glider didn't give her actions any thought as she leaped after the creature, only to land hard on her stomach and face empty handed.

She felt too humiliated to move or stand up as she groaned miserably into the leaves.  "Why didn't I think of bringing a net!"
Back to top Go down
Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Blue Mountain (before Wolfriders) RP    Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:27 am

Talno swore aloud as he chased after Aroree and what he now thought as 'the mask-face'. This wasn't going as planned, but he had to smile at her comment. Ignoring the fact that it had been a rhetorical question, he answered matter-of-factly: **because we didn't plan any of this beforehand. We just came here on a whim.**

It all seemed very badly thought out in retrospect, but he was damned if he would give up now. So he glided, as fast as he dared considering the branches and trees all over, sure in his confidence that a ground-bound creauture could ever outrun a Glider.

But the mask-face wouldn't give up. It seemed to see the elves as a danger. Talno witnessed as it hid inside a hollow tree that was still standing, all its branches dead. He glided over to the tree and looked through the hole at the top. The creature was all the way down at the bottom, way out of reach of his hands. It was hissing and snarling, clearly not pleased with the situation, but at the same time, Talno thought, it must think itself quite safe now. He reasoned this was probably a normal defence tactic for the creature. It would hide out of reach, show its teeth and claws, and then just wait until the predator gave up and left.

**Any ideas?** he asked Aroree, gesturing towards the hollow tree.
Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Blue Mountain (before Wolfriders) RP    Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:08 pm

While picking herself back up from the ground, Aroree's movements paused right after Talno replied to her question about the net.  Her next question remained silent in her mind.... where's an acorn to throw at his head when she needed one?  The humorous thought brought a twitching grin to her lips.  Did he even know his serious remark added to the mirth of their situation? Maybe not, but Aroree found it to be light hearted none the less.

Seeing him soar quickly into the air and hover at the rotting tree brought her a sigh of relief that Tano knew where the masked creature escaped off to.  That still didn't solve the fact that neither of them had any idea as to how to catch the creature safely without bringing harm to the captors, or the prey.  As she stood at the base of tree looking up at her Glider companion, Aroree placed her hands on her hips and let out a sigh of frustration that she tried to hold back in her sending.  **There's nothing we can do while the creature is so frightened, my friend.  You know as well as I do that it's not going to budge out of there so long as it feels threatened...**

She began to look around the woods while rubbing the back of her neck as Talno's previous words came back to haunt her.  She knew perfectly well if he had led this charge, her fried would've come fully prepared.  That's just how Talno was.  Where Aroree's spontaneous nature may provide a bit of adventure, Talno was the level headed one and thought things through before taking action.  **Waiting out the poor thing may take all day, and even if we coax it out, I'm aware of my carelessness for not bringing anything to capture it.  Perhaps we should return home and try again tomorrow with nets and food for bait?**

She wasn't giving up, but Aroree could already feel the heat of embarrassment burning in her cheeks for being the unprepared hunter in front of the highly skilled Talno.  She hoped she could salvage something left of her pride before the end of the day!
Back to top Go down
Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Blue Mountain (before Wolfriders) RP    Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:23 pm

(Heh, I'm laughing out loud here thinking about Aroree throwing acorns at Talno! geek )

Talno checked the situation inside the tree again. The creature wasn't budging, nor giving up on hissing and trying to frighten him. It galled his pride to give up on any hunt, but especially on this one, when the prey was so small. But he had to admit Aroree was right. Besides, no one would know they'd failed - the whole gift-finding thing was going to stay secret, after all.

**You're right.** He sent back to Aroree. **We should get back home and come back tomorrow.** He was already planning what they would need. Ropes, nets, food... something with a strong smell would be best. Fish perhaps? And something else in case the fish wasn't what this creature normally ate. And he should make some kind of trap... perhaps he would go talk to some of Winnowill's male humans, the ones that had been hunters when living outside the mountain, and ask them about how to hunt this kind of animal? No elf would have answers for him, as only the Chosen Eight hunted, and he already knew all that they could know about hunting. For them it was always big game and impressive kills. Unless, of course, Winnowill sent them out for something specific... but even then, as Aroree was the one sent most often, he doubted anyone else would be of much assistance. Plus, of course, that if he asked them the identity of the gift-givers would be revealed.

He glided down to the forest ground, stretching his arms against the back of his neck. "I don't know about you, but I think I shall head for the shared baths and relax for a while."
Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Blue Mountain (before Wolfriders) RP    Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:38 pm

Still feeling frustrated and defeated, Aroree let out a sigh as Talno coasted back to the ground.  She had truly hoped for a successful hunt, but had to remind herself that this form of hunt was quite new to her, and she couldn't rely on Littletrill's aid as the Glider always did. But as disheartened as she was, her friend's suggestion for home and a long relaxing bath sounded refreshing.  

**I agree, Tano,** she smiled with her mental words and nodded.  **Now that we know how to best prepare to capture such a creature, it would be best to relax and rest ourselves for the next time we try.  And perhaps that will give us time to think of other potential treasure hunts for the others!**  

She led the way to a better clearing where the both of them could glide up with ease through a wider opening within the canopy of the trees.  Aroree could already see her beloved bond bird and Widewings soaring together nearby, never too far from their riders' call.  Once their whistles rang into the wind, the great hawks returned to take their companions home.

Her spirits weren't dampened for long once their flight began.  Aroree was the type who couldn't stay sad for long and she gave Talno a teasing smirk.  **Are we to race each other again, my friend?** She didn't even give him a chance to answer.  Immediately after she challenged him, Littletrill dived into the air to gain speed and soar towards Blue Mountain before Widewings could give chase to Aroree's taunting laughter trailing in the breeze.
Back to top Go down
Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Blue Mountain (before Wolfriders) RP    Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:09 pm

Talno shared the slight dissappointment that could be heard in Aroree's soft sigh. Still, sometimes giving up was the smartest choice. Even such skilled hunters as the Chosen were, they sometimes returned to the mountain without a kill to bring home. It was just how life was outside the mountain. Nothing was certain, and both the animals and the elements had endless surprises in store for any hunter.

Aroree might be thinking about gifts to give others, but Talno's mind remained on the challenges of tomorrow's hunt. What they would need, where they would set their traps...

Then he remembered something. **I almost forgot. Tomorrow is the day we planned a bigger hunt with all of the Chosen. We shall have to wait until later for this private chase of ours.**

As usual, he was looking forward to a good big hunt. It was the kind of challenge he thrived on.

Talno returned to Widewings, and grinned at Aroree's challenge. **The race is on!** He sent gleefully, even as the wings of his bond beat faster and faster.

Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Blue Mountain (before Wolfriders) RP    Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:11 am

((just letting you know I didn't forget about our thread Leanan! Tomorrow I only have to work a morning shift so I'll finlly have time to write once I get home!! Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed ))
Back to top Go down
Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Blue Mountain (before Wolfriders) RP    Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:03 pm

(Don't worry about it sweetie! *lots of hugs* )
Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Blue Mountain (before Wolfriders) RP    Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:14 pm

((again, so sorry for being later than I first posted... I even had most of my post done when my laptop lost power and for some reason the auto save didn't keep, and I had to re-write everything Shocked  LOL!))

Aroree sighed softly to herself at Talno's reminder of the group hunt the next day.  It wasn't that she didn't enjoy a good hunt with her fellow Gliders; she truly enjoyed it.  But she still couldn't help but feel slightly intimidated when hunting with the Chosen Eight as a whole.  Aroree knew she wasn't the fastest, or most skilled in the group.  But for now, after hearing the delight in Talno's tone when accepting her challenge to race, Aroree shook off her troubled thoughts while soaring through the skies with her friend.

Her heart was more into the play of the flight, rather than the challenge.  She kept Littletrill just behind Widewings, or directly next to him while swooping and swaying through the air with laughter.  If Talno looked over one shoulder to find her, Aroree and her great hawk would swoop either beneath him, or over him, to other side.  Once they neared Blue Mountain, she directed Littletrill to swoop above their flying companions while Aroree swiftly slid down the side of the riding harness to hang down low and give Talno a playful tap to the top of his head with her finger.   If he grew annoyed with her antics, she didn't know or see, nor did she hold back her laughter.

Once they reached their mountain home, Aroree gave her bond bird a loving caress to the hawk's feathers as a farewell for the night before Littletrill took flight to its nest.  Meanwhile, Aroree gave herself a long stretch while gazing off to the horizon to view the sunset before having to venture into the mountain.  “You sure have exhausted me, Talno,” She began while trying to sound serious until she turned to smile and chuckle at him to reveal her humor. “Having me chase you about the skies and the ground on some silly adventure.”  Hopefully, he had as much fun as she did.  

As she slowly turned to head into the mountain, Aroree stopped suddenly and turned again with a sudden thought in her widened eyes as she approached Talno and leaned close to whisper.  “Your not going to tell the others that I fell flat into the bush on a hunt are you?”  A small grin returned with mirth in her light blue eyes.  “Or am I going to have to find you a...”pet” to surprise you with as well?”
Back to top Go down
Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Blue Mountain (before Wolfriders) RP    Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:23 pm

Talno focused on the target ahead, which for this race was Blue Mountain. He was therefore utterly surprised when Aroree suddenly touched his head from above. He made a low gasping sound, then whistled to command Widewings to fly faster, Aroree's gleeful laughter echoing in his ears. But it was no use, Aroree won the race this time - although not by much.

Talno dismounted and sent off his faithful bond with his thanks. It had been a good day, he mused, despite their lack of success.

"I seem to recall that the 'silly adventure' was more your idea, sweet friend", he said back in a casual tone, while inwardly wondering if it revealed too much of his feelings to call her 'sweet friend'.

"I need no pet. After all, I have Widewings. No other creature could ever be her equal." He stated, and meant it.
Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Blue Mountain (before Wolfriders) RP    Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:31 am

Aroree paused in her step and tilted her head for just a brief moment while keeping her grin from being exposed.  Did he honestly miss her humor and believe that she seriously pegged the adventure as his idea? She had to press her lips a bit tight to hide her own amusement.  Although most saw Talno being one of the more serious Gliders in the group, Aroree couldn't help but find a sense of charm to that side of his personality.  

But then again... Talno could very well have been humorous by masking his own mirth with his notorious somber tone.

One could never tell for sure, but after hearing him call her 'sweet friend', Aroree assumed it was indeed his rare playful side was chiding along with her.  She allowed her smile to finally show while walking side by side with Talno, and nodding in full agreement with him at his following words.  "Oh I feel the same way about Littletrill.  They are very much our kin just as those of Blue Mountain."

While making their way down the long, stone corridor into the mountain, Aroree removed the head piece of her attire to free her hair with a soft sigh of relief.  A long soak in the baths was going to feel glorious right about now.  "I wonder if there is anything left of the evening meal.  I didn't think we would be gone this long, nor to take anything to eat with us during our hunt today..."  Before turning down a short corridor that led to her chambers, Aroree absently shrugged off the thought and smiled to her friend once more with a chuckle of embarrassment.  "I think the baths are calling my name louder than the kitchens, though..."

Suddenly, as if on cue, her stomach made a most disturbing gurgling noise that made Aroree blanch with a horrified expression and nervously shuffling backwards towards her chambers and stammering over her words. "I'm just going to... gather my things... before heading to the baths... so.... I'll see you there soon..."  She quickly disappeared into her dwelling just as her cheeks turned the brightest of pinks while groaning into her hand.  

How utterly embarrassing to end the day...
Back to top Go down
Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Blue Mountain (before Wolfriders) RP    Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:15 pm

(Sorry it took me this long to reply. I've had a busy and slightly chaotic week.)

When Aroree mentioned food, Talno felt his mouth water. He hadn't realized how hungry he was. The sound of Aroree's stomach startled him, but he pretended not to notice, knowing he would have felt just as embarrassed if the situation was reversed.

"How about I get the humans to serve us some food in the baths?" He suggested. It would not be the first time comfort-loving Gliders ate at the baths, nor the last. Normally Talno did not go in for such indulgences, but after the day they'd had, he felt they deserved a bit of luxury.

He headed towards the kitchens and gave instructions to the humans. He ordered simple but sustaining foods - bread, cheese, cold meats, and some wine to go with them.
Back to top Go down

Blue Mountain (before Wolfriders) RP
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5