HomePortalCalendarFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Blue Mountain (before Wolfriders) RP

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Blue Mountain (before Wolfriders) RP    Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:48 pm

Talno took a longer route, going by way of the humans' village. Most of the Hoan-G'Tay-Sho were asleep in their huts. He swooped low on his bond-bird, making the young hunter who stood guard over his dormant village cry out in fear and awe of the 'mighty bird spirit' gracing them with his presence. At Talno's whistled command, Widewings dropped the great fish in the middle of the village's central square, making sure nothing broke under it. The humans, having heard the guardsman's cry, gathered together, some of the older ones singing songs in praise for the bounty of the spirits.

This task done, Talno followed the route Aroree had taken and sent Widewings off to do what he pleased. He glided down, and observed the ground around them. "My mother - I mean Dierann - was, and is, a rockshaper. It is like old times to me, to be gathering stones for shaping." He told them, in speech rather than sending, now that they were close enough to hear each other.
Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Blue Mountain (before Wolfriders) RP    Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:55 am

Aroree took her time scanning over the terrain. Even with the moonlight, she was still worried her keen eyesight might miss a piece of treasure. She was distracted by a moment of shock though, when hearing Talno speak of something quite so personal as his mother. Not that she expected it pained him in any way of speak of her, but Aroree often found him to be more private than most when it came to personal matters.

Still, his words brought a warm smile to her lips. So there was a soft side after all. “I remember her gift and her unique sight when shaping... bending stone as if it were no more than flowing her hand through water!"

A shimmer caught her eye just then. After a few steps, Aroree bent down and pulled out a small slab of a sea shell. One side actually resembled stone, yet the curved underside glimmered of shimmering opal. “Hmmm, I wonder....” She held up the piece of shell which was as round as a fist for Talno to see and spoke her thoughts aloud. “Do you think this could actually be shaped even though it's not really stone or rock? Imagine such marvelous colors blending with what ever it was shaped into!”
Back to top Go down
Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Blue Mountain (before Wolfriders) RP    Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:11 pm

Talno walked over to Aroree, and looked at the piece of shell she held. He bent his head towards his shoulder, the way a bird might - spending so much time with the Hawks, he had adopted some of their mannerisms. "I think anything can be shaped, in theory, from flesh to trees and stones... but most of us who have shaping magic have just one kind. I know Dierann couldn't shape metal or bone, but there are some among us who can. And shell is a kind of bone, isn't it?" He reasoned. "So if Aureen can't work on it, someone else probably can."

He walked a little way ahead, seeing something shiny. A square piece of stone, with a smooth, reflecting surface. He picked it up. Rare or not, he did not know - Dierann had tried to teach him to identify types of stones, but his interest had been elsewhere - at least it looked nice.
Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Blue Mountain (before Wolfriders) RP    Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:33 pm

As Talno spoke, Aroree continued turning the shell around in her hands to further examine it. She never thought of shells from the ocean being a sort of bone until he pointed it out, but the moment he did, it made her think of Winnowill...

She nearly dropped the little treasure as if it suddenly burned her, but placed it within the pouch at her side instead before going about the terrain in search for more. She wasn't about to let her disturbing thoughts over the dark haired magic shaper ruin her evening. For a little while, there was only silence between the two Gliders, save for the gentle rolling waves washing onto the beach in rhythmic motion and pace.

Now gathering copper colored slivers of shells out of the sand, Aroree began to speak her thoughts out loud, not giving any thought to the reaction she may receive. "Talno, do you ever wonder... what it would be like to just fly... just to see where the wind takes you for awhile? Without thought of having to come back to Blue Mountain?"
Back to top Go down
Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Blue Mountain (before Wolfriders) RP    Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:33 am

Talno stood up straight, startled by Aroree's words. Such talk was... dangerous. Winnowill viewed it as distrust towards Lord Voll. But then again, the beach was way out of sending range, even if the rumor that the dark healer could spy on lock-sending was true. Surely here it was safe to speak one's mind. "I have, Aroree, but only as a daydream, a thought to toy with. I have given the oath to serve as one of the Chosen Eight. I cannot break my oath - none of us can."
Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Blue Mountain (before Wolfriders) RP    Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:43 pm

Aroree could sense the reservation within Talno's voice when he answered.  After nodding mostly to herself, she found her steps leading her closer to the edge of the waves and just staring out in the horizon of the vast deep water.  She didn't necessarily say anything about breaking the oath, or never coming back.... but her curiosity longed to know what else was out there to learn and discover...

After the silence lingered between them for a bit, she glanced carefully over her shoulder to see her companion busy himself with more finds to add to his pouch. Completely clueless to Aroree's thoughts.

She looked to ocean again and the reflection of the moons above glowing down over the ripples and waves of the water.  Would he attempt to follow her if she chose to just fly off without reason? And if he did, would Talno do so to force her back, or to join in the venture?  It was when the next wave washed to shore that the foam reached the tip of her foot.  There came a familiar cry from above, proving Littletrill was coasting through the wind watching over them.  Or did her bond bird sense her thoughts?

“Just a day.... maybe two? What would it hurt?”
Back to top Go down
Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Blue Mountain (before Wolfriders) RP    Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:36 pm

Talno's face grew stern and guarded. The joy of the flight was gone. He felt heavy, as if the oath he had spoken so long ago had turned into great chains of iron, weighing him down. "For one, it would hurt anyone who cares about either of us - and there are some such elves, at least when you're concerned. They would not know what happened to us when we did not show up for our duties in the morning. They'd search for us, and finding nothing, would fear the worst."

OOC: I'm kind of sick so if I don't turn up, it's because of that.
Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Blue Mountain (before Wolfriders) RP    Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:24 am

His reply was so profound. Although Aroree knew Talno's words were simply meant to remind her of their responsibilities, she still felt scorned for her feelings. She only turned her head to meet her companion's stare. Her own hues were naturally full of longing for something more, but for Talno... she couldn't decipher his thoughts at all. As if he were possibly fighting within himself.

"Oh I would never dream of parting without a word, my friend... "  She sighed and looked to the moons once more.  "But what would be the harm to venture for just a few days and nights?  The other Chosen can easily hunt without us... Blue Mountain will not fall should we shirk our duties for just a few days...."

"Or is there something we are to fear that keeps us only to the mountain?"  Yet another step towards the water now encased her feet under the ocean foam.  She didn't dare voice her next thought... what if she chose never to come back?

((OOC: No rush Leanan *hugs* I hope you feel better soon!  I love you ))
Back to top Go down
Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Blue Mountain (before Wolfriders) RP    Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:12 pm

"I don't think they'd let us go. No one's ever done anything like that before... and you know how suspicious Lord Voll is of things changing." Talno's voice was hesitant now. If word of this got back to Blue Mountain... there could be trouble. "Enticing as it sounds, I'd never dare ask permission." He walked over to her, standing near the waterline, trying not to get his boots wet. "There is something there, yes. A weight over our heads, and chains that extend into our dreams. You know the source, as do I." He dared not mention Winnowill's name. He felt that she might hear somehow, even this far, even in speech rather than sending.
Back to top Go down
Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Happy Easter!   Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:04 pm

.... sneaks in ...

... drops egg for Leanan ...

... sneaks out ...

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Blue Mountain (before Wolfriders) RP    Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:37 am

OOC: Thank you, Embala! Such a lovely egg...
Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Blue Mountain (before Wolfriders) RP    Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:33 pm

Talno's words brought Aroree back to the harsh truth of reality.  She wasn't too concerned with Lord Voll's reaction should she ever dare to venture off for a few days.  Sure, he would scorn her, but he was never harsh.  But when her companion and friend even confessed the enticing temptation of the idea, she felt some form of relief that she was not alone with such fanciful ideas.

Now that Talno stood beside her, his last words of warning fell through her stomach like a pile of stones.  Aroree didn't breath the name aloud as well.  How could one who had the gift of flight at their fingertips still feel like prisoners within their own home...

She swallowed the rising lump within her throat and gave her fellow Glider a curt nod with a newfound emptiness in her eyes that matched the flat tone in her voice.  "You are right as always to steer my vision straight, Talno.  Forgive me for my wind wandering... Let us gather a few more treasures for our rock shapers and be done for the night."
Back to top Go down
Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Blue Mountain (before Wolfriders) RP    Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:04 pm

The feeling of elation that had brightened the night was gone. The shadow of Blue Mountain stretched tall above his spirit, crushing it down simply by existing. "Yes, let's do that." He told Aroree, and returned to looking for rare stones on the beach. "Aroree... thanks for tonight. It was fun... while it lasted." He said, in a lower voice, surprising even himself that he dared say it.
Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Blue Mountain (before Wolfriders) RP    Sat May 03, 2014 9:25 pm

The solemn cloud seemed to shroud over Aroree and Talno once again by the reminder of Blue Mountain, their duties, and who dwelled within those stone walls that kept them shackled to the mountain with invisible chains and the illusion of freedom.

She felt a pang of guilt for bringing an end to the elation and fun of the night, yet when her companion actually voiced his gratitude, Aroree blinked with sudden surprise.  She stared at her friend for a moment, thinking she imagined his words, but then gave Talno a genuine smile when she realized he was sincere.  "This doesn't have to be the last night to have this sort of fun again, my friend.  I would hope we do this again soon.  It does our spirits good, I think."
Back to top Go down
Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Blue Mountain (before Wolfriders) RP    Sun May 04, 2014 12:04 pm

"You are right, of course. I hope we can do it again soon." Talno realized he could do much worse than spend more time with Aroree. Others of the Eight, well, they were agreeable enough to hunt with, but he couldn't imagine a night like this spent with the likes of Reevol and Kureel. Yeyeen might share her bed with Talno sometimes, but never the secrets that haunted the corners of her eyes. Aroree, tonight, had spoken from her heart, with words of wisdom. And also of temptation. Already, Talno's mind was working on how to conceal his conversation from the darkness that invaded his dreams and sendings. The darkness... known by the name of Winnowill.
Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Blue Mountain (before Wolfriders) RP    Thu May 08, 2014 3:46 am

Aroree felt her smile reach to her eyes when hearing her companion hope for yet another carefree night such as this one.  At least now she knew she wasn't alone in wanting more than the same mundane routine day after day, as well as every night.  But she also took notice of Talno when he later turned his head and stared off in the direction of their mountain home.  His eyes revealed his unspoken thoughts and fear.  For Aroree, she wasn't as afraid of what Winnowill would learn. Well, not as afraid as she used to be....

Perhaps it was due to the lifeless routine of centuries past.  The only new venture left was death itself really. A most disheartening thought, but to her, it was an unbound freedom from responsibilities, tedious obligations, and never having to feel chained down by that unspoken fear Aroree knew Talno was thinking about at that moment.  Aroree's own worst fear was Winnowill finding another purpose for the Glider to play, and that Aroree's new duty to her kin would leave her winding up like Door.  A lifeless creature, yet still alive.... a living death.  It was a fear that crept into Aroree's heart, but she kept at bay from reaching her soul.  She vowed to herself never to let that happen....

As always, Aroree kept such thoughts to herself.  As far as she knew, Winnowill knew nothing of them, or if she did, she simply chose not to play on Aroree's strings for now.  The Glider tossed her troubling worries aside and crouched down to retrieve another colorful shell that just washed up onto shore next to her feet.  While still low to the ground, her ice blue eyes gazed upon the piece with genuine curiosity, but her voice sounded nearly haunting, as did her words.  "Just do what I do, my dear friend... just do not dream...."

Her gaze ventured back up to Talno, knowing her words would bring his attention back to her.  It was so easy to read his unspoken thoughts, especially when he was focused on Blue Mountain just now.  Aroree gave him another meaningful smile that matched the empathy within her compassionate gaze. "I've learned not to dream anymore... A small sacrifice for a fragment of freedom.  When one doesn't dream, secrets of the heart are kept safe."

Whether Talno would believe her or not, it was a decision only he could make for himself.  Aroree rose to stand back up slowly, followed by a long stretch to ease the weariness trying to settle into her limbs. "Perhaps the next time we venture out for a bit of reprieve, we should ask another of the Chosen to join with us?  It would do all of us some good... even just to lighten the spirits."
Back to top Go down
Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Blue Mountain (before Wolfriders) RP    Thu May 08, 2014 12:35 pm

Talno frowned at Aroree's words. In dreams, he experienced freedom unknown to his waking life. Yet, Aroree was right, there was always a shadow riding his thoughts when he dreamed, and the face of that shadow was pale as the moons, with long dark hair. "Could you teach me how to stop dreaming?" He asked, and half surprised himself to hear his own voice ask that question. "Not right now, of course - when you have time."

He raised an eyebrow at her other suggestion. "Maybe..." was all he said. Somehow, he would like this to be just between him and Aroree, no matter how selfish that seemed. And the others might just laugh at the invitation, coming from reclusive Talno of all elves. Eresir would make fun of him, he was sure of that.
Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Blue Mountain (before Wolfriders) RP    Sat May 17, 2014 12:30 pm

((Thank you for being so patient, Leanan - trying to catch up with SO many things right now Wink  ))

At first, Aroree blinked in a momentary stupor by Talno's unexpected question.  First of all, that he would even consider, or want, to stop dreaming. Secondly, to ask for help in doing so! Talno was one of the most fiercely independent of Gliders. Aroree simply took that side of him as unwanting of anyone's help with anything.  He even hunted hunted alone more often than the others.  Had she misjudged his solitary quality so foolishly?

After gathering her composure, she finally offered her companion a genuine smile and nodded.  "I'm not sure if it's something that can be taught or learned, but I'll most definitely help you in anyway if I can...."  She carefully pondered her following words while reverting her eyes back to the newly acquired shell within her hands.  "All I know is was helps me, which is to keep my mind as clear and empty of any thoughts.  As blank as Door's expression on his face before I dare drift to sleep."

After a soft sigh, Aroree looked back to Talno with reservation and whispered. "It could be my lack of dreams and mundane thoughts grew to boring to watch over...."  She was careful to keep her words from sounding like an outright accusation, but her guarded tone revealed enough for Talno to grasp her true meaning.

She left it at that, not bothering to press about the extended invitation for the other Gliders to someday join them.  She could tell by Talno's one word reply he wasn't too enthused with the idea, which was fine by her.  She simply wanted it to be known that the offer of change to their mundane daily lives was always open to any of them.  Even if the change was as simple as smiles and some laughter....
Back to top Go down
Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Blue Mountain (before Wolfriders) RP    Sat May 17, 2014 3:10 pm

((Don't worry about it, I understand. *hugs* ))

"I see. I shall try that tonight..." Talno answered, hesitantly. The mention of Door had brought to his minds things he didn't want to think about. He'd imagine Brace's blank face instead, rather than that of his adopted mother.

"It might be too late to take these stones to Aureen." He changed the subject abruptly. "She is probably asleed already."

Last edited by Leanan on Sat May 17, 2014 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Blue Mountain (before Wolfriders) RP    Sat May 17, 2014 4:08 pm

Her pale blue eyes looked up at the sky when Talno mentioned the lateness of the night and seeing the moons had indeed traveled far to other horizon of the stars. She sighed and nodded in agreement with him with a slight blush of embarrassment to her cheeks for loosing track of time.

"Then we shall leave her treasures at her door for her to wake up to first thing in the morning." Aroree gave him yet another gentle smile. "Just imagine her reaction when she sees everything we found for her..."
Back to top Go down
Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Blue Mountain (before Wolfriders) RP    Sat May 17, 2014 4:12 pm

"That is a good idea. Shall we go now?" Talno replied. He was somewhat relieved by the suggestion. Just because he had opened himself a little to one elf, didn't mean he was going to turn into a different, friendly and talkative person. Aureen was not too bad, for a glider, but Talno's old habits still held sway. If something had changed tonight, he was not yet ready to admit it openly. Or, indeed, even to himself.
Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Blue Mountain (before Wolfriders) RP    Sat May 17, 2014 4:19 pm

Aroree nodded and gave a shrill whistle for Littletrill. Sure enough, although the great hawk was somewhere perched unseen, she arrived with a powerful swoop just as her rider gave a leap into the air and grasped the harness.

Out of one last attempt for fun for the night, Aroree gave out a lock sending to Talno. *One last challenge, my friend! Race you back home!*
Back to top Go down
Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Blue Mountain (before Wolfriders) RP    Sun May 18, 2014 11:58 am

Talno grinned at her, looking fierce and delighted at the same time. He summoned Widewings, and mounted him on the fly. **A race it is!** he sent back, and they headed back towards the mountain, faster than the wind itself.
Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Blue Mountain (before Wolfriders) RP    Mon May 26, 2014 7:46 pm

Aroree knew she didn't have much of a head start, but the flight home wasn't really for the competition. She soared high into the sky simply to reach the clouds one last time for the night before Littletrill arched and took a nosedive back down through the winds. It was enough to have the Glider laughing again as she looked over her shoulder, already knowing Talno would be close behind.

When Blue Mountain came into view, Aroree was a bit surprised that she didn't feel the usual gloom in her heart she normally did whenever returning from a hunt. The evening of light hearted fun proved itself effective in lifting her spirits enough to where she didn't dread returning home.

For Aroree... that was a good start...
Back to top Go down
Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Blue Mountain (before Wolfriders) RP    Wed May 28, 2014 10:12 am

Widewings reached the entrance to the mountain exactly at the same time as Aroree's Littletrill. Talno leaped off and glided down. **I guess it's a tie** he sent to Aroree. His blood had rushed again at the excitement of the last race. But he could also feel a bit tired, it had been a long day, and now, a late night as well. "Let's take the gems to Aureen's door, and then I for one am ready for bed!" He said. He wondered if he would succeed at first try in avoiding dreams altogether.
Back to top Go down

Blue Mountain (before Wolfriders) RP
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next