Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Avengers.

Go down 
+7
Tymber
Tenderfoot
PCoquelin
Blackbird
TrollHammer
G0lden
Stormcatcher
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
TrollHammer

TrollHammer

The Avengers. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Avengers.   The Avengers. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 1:56 am

I agree, though I have to say I liked the Viking history/culture/mythology before the show, before Age of Empires... before I graduated high school. Their mythology has a gritty earthiness to it, where no one, not even their gods, get a free lunch, and there is so much diverse story to follow. It was one of the things that made me want to write, and indeed, one of my first long stories was a mythology-type story. Wish I could find it, it was fun.

Havent watched the new avengers yet, not sure when I will. My access to the show Vikings is now limited as well. Im having a video entertainment drought for the next foreseeable future. The first movie was good though.

I keep joking to myself: Epic/Marvel printed EQ in the 80s...technically its a Marvel thing in a way, so why nog have them make an EQ movie?

...then I remember that Marvel is ganged up with Disney.... Disney and EQ is a bad combo in my book.

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers.   The Avengers. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 3:30 am

TrollHammer wrote:

I keep joking to myself: Epic/Marvel printed EQ in the 80s...technically its a Marvel thing in a way, so why nog have them make an EQ movie?
...then I remember that Marvel is ganged up with Disney.... Disney and EQ is a bad combo in my book.

I'm not sure I'd agree.

If you look at Disney, they draw insanely beautiful women, with insanely thin hips, and unrealistic bodies. This is how Wendy draws females in ElfQuest.

If you look at Disney, they draw very attractive looking males to be the heroes. This is how Wendy draws male elves (especially Cutter and Skywise).

I'd say that Disney and ElfQuest are almost made for each other.

While Disney does "lighter" stuff these days - they certainly ventured into their darker movies back in the day - with things like Something Wicked This Way Comes and The Black Hole.
Back to top Go down
Blackbird

Blackbird

Aquarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers.   The Avengers. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 10:03 am

And we already had a Disney drawer that did Elfquest...Smile

PCoquelin

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers.   The Avengers. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 4:48 pm

Tymber wrote:
You, by chance, watch the show VIKINGS on the History Channel? (They may or may not have it where you're at, since I don't even know if you reside in the States or not)

Yes. One of the best modern TV series, with BBC"s Sherlock.

Tenderfoot

Aquarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers.   The Avengers. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 7:34 pm

Blackbird wrote:
Tymber wrote:
Blackbird wrote:
I love the Avengers, and every stand-alone movie Very Happy Specially Thor and Iron man, oh..and also the Guardians of the galaxy Smile Can't wait for every new movie that is coming.

Well many women like the THOR movies... well, because the actor is gorgeous. I am straight and I think he's one of the most beautiful men in the world. Laughing

Hah Laughing  Well, he is, but in a generic kinda way, of course, I wouldn't throw him out of the furs, but I liked Loki more, guess I'm kind of a sucker for the badboys/emo-boys like so many others.

Hahaha, I loved Loki as well! My class went to see it, as a last thing to do before school ended, and I remember all the girls sitting there, sighing and swooning for Chris "Thor" Hemsworth, while I was about glued to the 'screen' and all "Loki!"

... shouldn't come as a surprise that my favorite character from the Batman universe is the Joker...
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers.   The Avengers. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 7:32 am

I haven't read the comics, probably never will, just not for me.
My biggest "issue" - or rather pet peeve is Thor's hair colour. Seriously; why is he blond? Every child now that Thor is a redhead!
Yes! I feel personally offended that they'd blondify Thor!

The Avengers. - Page 2 Thor2

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers.   The Avengers. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 1:56 pm

Redhead Ember wrote:
My biggest "issue" - or rather pet peeve is Thor's hair colour. Seriously; why is he blond? Every child now that Thor is a redhead!

Perhaps read this?
http://www.norsemyth.org/2011/09/blond-thor-stan-lee-wasnt-wrong.html

Last edited by Tymber on Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers.   The Avengers. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 1:58 pm

And un-related, but related, a "red headed" Thunder God did appear to fight Thor, called Red Norvell.

The Avengers. - Page 2 Thor-276

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers.   The Avengers. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 2:03 pm

Redhead Ember wrote:

The Avengers. - Page 2 Thor2

This Thor has the looks and manners of a Troll! Would fit in well with Picky ^^

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers.   The Avengers. - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 5:05 am

Tymber wrote:
Redhead Ember wrote:

Perhaps read this?
http://www.norsemyth.org/2011/09/blond-thor-stan-lee-wasnt-wrong.html

Maybe they just didn't feel the need to mention's Thor's beard Two-Edge . All Vikings had beards*, so I'm guessing they'd just imagine Thor as looking rather like them.

*All male Vikings. We weren't a nation of Bearded Ladies back then...

One thing I'm rather curious about is this: Does the Avenger Comics ever touch upon the fact that Loki is Sleipner's mother?

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers.   The Avengers. - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 03, 2017 8:39 pm

Is there a thread in this holt for discussing movies in general?

"Thor - Ragnarok" was somewhat disappointing. Thor spoke off-character, while Hulk and Loki acted off-character. The supporting characters were an unoriginal female villain and henchman, and a semi-original female heroine. The whole thing was played for laughs as if it were "Guardians of the Galaxy."

If you were hoping for more romance, Jane Foster was dismissed in two lines of dialogue, when she didn't even need to be mentioned. The reason Thor's hair is cut, as seen in the trailer, is never fully explained. The Asgardians mostly ran around in lengthy crowd scenes.

I told my husband that Jeff Goldblum needs to call his agent. He replied that he needs to call his agent a nasty name.

Evil Evie

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers.   The Avengers. - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 12, 2017 1:17 am

I actually thoroughly enjoyed the movie, seeing all the comic book characters come to new life on the screen, including the villain Hella and the executioner and Especially valkery.

I also enjoyed the light hearted time of the film. I recently reached the film planet hulk, an animated adaption for a story ark in the comics that was featured here, since the one version was so dark I didn't miss the lack of soul crushingness that came down on me. My only complaint is that I didn't feel much for the final end.

I also miss Sif, who I honestly want them to persue over Jane. Jane kind of disappeared after like issue 30 in the original comics and didn't come back till years later. I guess the actress had some conflict issues, but hopes to return in the future.

I don't think thors hair needs to be explained. He's basically being treated as a gladiator and traditionally in our history gladiators received the snip snip.

Over all it was fun and I think sometimes that's good. DC is to dark, I don't enjoy their movies so I don't mind the humor of marvel.

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers.   The Avengers. - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 12, 2017 12:03 pm

Regarding DC being dark, I have not bothered to see a single Batman movie. I enjoyed the Adam West TV show, even though it was played for laughs, and I saw a few of the cartoons. But that whole Dark Knight thing never appealed to me.

PostSubject: Re: The Avengers.   The Avengers. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Avengers.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Father Tree Holt :: Non-EQ Comic Discussions-
Jump to: