Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Final Quest #11

Go down 
+31
ErinC1978
Davrille
sun girl
Lunakat
m0nkeyh0use
Paranthropus
Trollbabe
Wisp
Tam
Vaeri
Tenderleaf
G0lden
Soreyes
Josine
willderbeast
Arthis
Redhead Ember
Multi-Facets
TrollHammer
Tymber
Blackbird
Kindredsoul
PCoquelin
Miss Gillespie
manga
kathleen3.0
Embala
Stargazer
wingthing
Elwing
Outlier
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
AuthorMessage
Tymber

Tymber

Final Quest #11 - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 26 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 6:07 pm

Lunakat wrote:
Outlier wrote:
if the High Ones lived with some kind of hive-mind, wouldn't that make having that little section of yourself inaccessible even more important?

Only if you value that. Sharing everything and being completely open doesn't appear to eradicate the individual-- Timmain is still Timmain, even though she communicates that way. But it doesn't seem important to her to not share everything. Except... when it comes to answering people's questions in Final Quest. In that situation, she is so obscure!

Or it could also be triggered by life experiences; that once a person has experienced a certain set of events, their survival skill/magical skill/etc - has reached a point that triggers Recognition. For example, perhaps Cutter would not have Recognized Leetah immediately, if he walked out of the troll cave and the Sun Village was right there, just three feet away. Perhaps it was the entire experience that helped shape Cutter's eligibility for Recognition. That survival, endurance, and strength, provided the point that made it trigger when he saw Leetah, so that he could have that strong, powerful, cub in Ember; and Leetah, with her magical abilities, was what helped trigger Suntop (or whatever he goes by these days).

Multi-Facets wrote:
Sunstream needs a soulname because he's the link. He is now connected to every elf in existence, it seems. At the very least, their presence is probably like perpetual tinnitus in the back of his mind. To avoid getting lost in them, he needs to remember that at the core, he's Klynn. That name sums up Sunstream and everything that's part of who he is: Wolfrider, Sun Villager, psychic, lifemate, father, son, brother, student (and maybe teacher someday?).

I like that.

Final Quest #11 - Page 26 Ba_tym10
Signature image by Embala. <3
Back to top Go down
TrollHammer

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 26 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 2:50 pm

(Wow, 42 pages of discussion on one issue!)

Im not going back through the whole discussion, but Im wondering if anyone else thought of this:

Its always bugged me that Recognition was created for procreation, but Cutter and Skywise would never be able to procreate, so why would it even be possible for them to recognize?

With the current issue and the triangle of Skywise-Timmain-Cutter, and the implication by Timmain that she IS (or has become, since he found her) Cutter, and the banter about Skywise feeling a deep longing fulfilled, the bigs of discussion via Timmain-Skywise about statements that only Cutter-Skywise had discussed... has Timmain always been planned as a female Cutter to allow Skywise a counterpart to fulfil his Recognition with Cutter?

Final Quest #11 - Page 26 Banner11
Back to top Go down
sun girl

sun girl

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 26 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 3:09 pm

I'm sure that's what they intend us to think. I'm also sure that this has not even remotely "always been planned".
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 26 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 3:37 pm

I'm sure it hasn't either. Maybe since Kings-- but not since the original quest. I also don't think it's that strange to say that there wa da recognition glitch and two guys connected instead of two girls. Things happen. I always (until recently) thought it seemed like an accidental exchange in the heat of the moment. But I guess now the story is that it was full on recognition.

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 26 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 4:00 pm

TrollHammer wrote:
Its always bugged me that Recognition was created for procreation, but Cutter and Skywise would never be able to procreate, so why would it even be possible for them to recognize?

Wasn't Leetah pretty confused about the fact that two guys had recognized?

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
sun girl

sun girl

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 26 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 4:07 pm

I always thought that what happened between Skywise and Cutter was more akin to what happened between Winnowill and Rayek - that the bond that creates the soul-brother/soul-sister relationship is a soul-Recognition without any reproductive urge. That seemed possible with the intense telepathic bonds the High Ones used to share without any accompanying reproduction.

Now it seems that Winnowill and Rayek's bond is maybe meant to be a precursor to… whatever Timmain and Cutter supposedly are. And Skywise is now one of Cutter's "Recognized mates" even though they never acted like lifemates in any sense during OQ, SABM, KOBW, but always like brothers. I miss that relationship. Skywise was more his own person back in the day.

(p.s. actually, for the longest time I thought that Cutter and Skywise had voluntarily exchanged soulnames because of the depth of their brotherly bond, before that was revealed to be incorrect. I'm still kind of disappointed over that one!)

Last edited by sun girl on Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:16 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typo & p.s.)
Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 26 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 6:39 pm

Yeah, I miss when Cutter and Skywise were the "Brothers in all but blood" rather than "Recognized mates." I guess Wendy wanted to make it very clear that yes, Skywise and Cutter ARE having sex, and that wouldn't be too brotherly of them, would it?

..or would it, in Elfquest?

No, don't answer that. I don't want to know. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 26 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 6:59 pm

I think it would have been a lot cooler if they had voluntarily exchanged soul names... but I'm willing to roll with the idea that it happened naturally. I think Skywise has, for a while now, been depicted as sort of a life mate to Cutter... maybe not Leetah status, but still important to him. I think I had that impression since maybe kings? I dunno -- I think it has evolved. Like-- they started off as really good friends who occasionally banged each other-- and, thanks to a series of disturbing experiences, came to value each other on an even deeper level.

I don't really see them as life mates-- but definitely mates of some sort...

Last edited by Lunakat on Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnbYyTlz1Tw
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 26 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 7:01 pm

@wingthing-- I bet they could do that and stay brotherly about it. Some people, irl even, are pals, sleep tog, and stay pals...

sun girl

sun girl

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 26 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 8:24 pm

But of course they can!

...the real question is, can these uber horny elves be pals with someone and not sleep together?
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 26 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 9:14 pm

Hah!

Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 26 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 9:20 pm

Lunakat wrote:

I think it would have been a lot cooler if they had voluntarily exchanged soul names...

See, this is how I would have liked it. Because then, rather than someone just "Recognizing" your soul name - sure that makes a bond - but to be the one willingly sharing it with someone important in your life, seems a lot more powerful to me (emotionally as a reader) than, "Oh crap, you know my Soul Name. Cool. We're bros."

Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 26 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 11:12 pm

Yes!

Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 26 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 11:24 pm

Tymber wrote:
See, this is how I would have liked it. Because then, rather than someone just "Recognizing" your soul name - sure that makes a bond - but to be the one willingly sharing it with someone important in your life, seems a lot more powerful to me (emotionally as a reader) than, "Oh crap, you know my Soul Name. Cool. We're bros."

I bet most fans would agree.

If Skywise had this emptiness, which only could be filled by shagging "Cutter with lady-parts", shouldn't Cutter feel the same pangs, too? Where is his "Skywise with lady-parts"? Don't say Leetah, that's as stupid as "Tam and Timmain is the same".

Hmm, if Cutter and Timmain were at least a little bit alike, this whole thing wouldn't feel so random :/

sun girl

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 26 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 11:34 pm

Lunakat wrote:
Like-- the started off as really good friends who occasionally bated each other

I know it was just a typo, but I couldn't help laughing out loud at this Luna - reminds me so much of Idiocracy!

"Go away! 'Batin'!"
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 26 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 11:51 pm

Oh god. I was typing on my iphone. It wasn't a typo. I wrote "banged each other"-- but the phone decided to change word to bated. And it apparently changed "they" to "the" for no reason! That pisses me off!

sun girl

sun girl

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 26 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 11:58 pm

Haha, well banged and 'bated aren't so far apart Embarassed Darn autocorrect!
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 26 EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 12:02 am

It changes words all the time. I have to double check everything. Perfectly intended and correctly spelled words! Why?

Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 26 EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 12:03 am

Because Apple would rather have people bating each other than banging?

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 26 EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 12:30 am

I guess so...

Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 26 EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 2:27 am

So... if Cutter and Skywise Recognized...
Could that be the connection if perhaps Skywise and Timmain Recognize...
With the ending of Final Quest 11.

The whole one soul thing?

Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 26 EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 3:29 am

I'd say that's exactly what's being hinted at. Cutter Cool

Now imagine all the elves expressions when Timmain suddenly turns out to be preggers.

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
TrollHammer

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 26 EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 10:40 am

Redhead Ember wrote:

Now imagine all the elves expressions when Timmain suddenly turns out to be preggers.

And because its "modern" Elf Quest, it'll be twins by two different fathers,"because its Cutting Edge"?

Final Quest #11 - Page 26 Banner11
Back to top Go down
Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 26 EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 1:45 pm

TrollHammer wrote:
Redhead Ember wrote:

And because its "modern" Elf Quest, it'll be twins by two different fathers,"because its Cutting Edge"?

Because it's Cutter's Edge. /drumcrash

Back to top Go down
Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 26 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 5:17 am

Those are the thoughts that came to me when I was trying to not-awaken this morning:

So, Timmain knows Cutter soulname. Could she have learned it through Skywise during their lovemaking? Stole it from him? I don't really think so but...

She knows Cutter soulname. What if it's that knowledge, more than anything, that'll make her able to sort of channel his spirit after he dies? Cutter dies, his poor spirit believes he can rest at last but woooosh! Timmain absorbs it and uses it to become Cutter the same way she was able to become a wolf... Because she can be whatever she likes... And she knows Tam is what they need for their journeys to the stars? Poor Timmain-Cutter will be chief forever and ever? And Cutter will be like that sad ghost that's following my spider-cursor, forever chained to Timmain-souls-eater?

Not sure that adds much to what has already been said.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 26 Empty

Back to top Go down

Final Quest #11
Page 26 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28  Next