Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Final Quest #11

Go down 
+31
ErinC1978
Davrille
sun girl
Lunakat
m0nkeyh0use
Paranthropus
Trollbabe
Wisp
Tam
Vaeri
Tenderleaf
G0lden
Soreyes
Josine
willderbeast
Arthis
Redhead Ember
Multi-Facets
TrollHammer
Tymber
Blackbird
Kindredsoul
PCoquelin
Miss Gillespie
manga
kathleen3.0
Embala
Stargazer
wingthing
Elwing
Outlier
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
AuthorMessage
TrollHammer

TrollHammer

Final Quest #11 - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 27 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 10:28 am

Thats intriguing, as we never see Timmain in Future Quest (unless she's the wolf in the ship in the desert), to a degree, one could say, then, that it is possible that a potential offspring between Timmain and Skywise might have two fathers: Skywise and Cutter/Timmain. The Cutter-figure we see on the ship could end up being Timmain in Cutter-form and be referring to "his" daughter, and indeed, her comment about wiping her "father's" memory could then refer to either Timmain-Cutter or Skywise ( and also asks a new question of what was erased: the last vestiges of Timmain from Timmain-Cutter perhaps? The knowledge within Skywise that Timmain-Cutter isnt actually Cutter, or the knowledge of what she did (might do?)) This is all assuming, of course, that WaRP doesnt go disney and declare FQ and Rebels non-canon.(which, in my opinion, is unlikely since Jink was one of Wendy's origional creations way back in the 70s IIRC).

It also begs the question if this is the first time Timmain has taken Cutter-form, and perhaps visited Leetah at some point without her realizing it? (Unlikely, but possible). Makes for some fan-fic material....

Final Quest #11 - Page 27 Banner11
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 27 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 1:06 pm

It sort of begs the question... is she doing this because what she told Cutter is 100% true and they are one soul in two bodies? Or is she creating this because she wants Skywise to help her take their people away... and she knows he won't do it if he has to leave Cutter behind?

Is this a way for her to try to let Skywise have his cake and eat it too?

Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 27 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 2:21 pm

TrollHammer wrote:

It also begs the question if this is the first time Timmain has taken Cutter-form, and perhaps visited Leetah at some point without her realizing it?

That'd be pretty evil, well, because... because that's rape.

Final Quest #11 - Page 27 Ba_tym10
Signature image by Embala. <3
Back to top Go down
Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 27 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 2:21 pm

Lunakat wrote:
It sort of begs the question... is she doing this because what she told Cutter is 100% true and they are one soul in two bodies? Or is she creating this because she wants Skywise to help her take their people away... and she knows he won't do it if he has to leave Cutter behind?

Is this a way for her to try to let Skywise have his cake and eat it too?

I sincerely hope this "of one soul" is more of a metaphor than actually true....

Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 27 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 2:56 pm

Tymber wrote:
TrollHammer wrote:

It also begs the question if this is the first time Timmain has taken Cutter-form, and perhaps visited Leetah at some point without her realizing it?

True, but given how much the elves send during intimacy, I think Leetah would have worked it out.
Back to top Go down
Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 27 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 3:48 pm

manga wrote:
Tymber wrote:
TrollHammer wrote:

True, but given how much the elves send during intimacy, I think Leetah would have worked it out.

Even if it's:

1. A High One
2. If Cutter and Timmain DO share one soul; then in essence, wouldn't Leetah sort of "Recognize" Timmain?

Waiting to see how more of this unfolds (with Timmain and Cutter, not the above, possible situation, which has probably never happened...)

Back to top Go down
Davrille

Davrille

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 27 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 3:57 pm

Something struck me while re-reading the other day. Timmain says, "We're taking them home, you and me" to Skywise. Does she mean the living elves... or the spirits in the Palace there? I'd say both, but there's the creepy look and silence at the end of that page.

If "How Shall I Keep From Singing?" is canon Haken's comment about how the Coneheads didn't die, just formed new bodies takes on a really skeevy significance.
Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 27 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 4:15 pm

Davrille wrote:
Something struck me while re-reading the other day. Timmain says, "We're taking them home, you and me" to Skywise. Does she mean the living elves... or the spirits in the Palace there? I'd say both, but there's the creepy look and silence at the end of that page.

Wait... wasn't it said that the spirits of the Wolfriders didn't initially stay or dwell in the Palace? That their connection to the WoTM (having the wolfblood) gave them a freedom of sorts to wander or flow freely about the world?

I swear I read that but I can't remember what past issue it was in EQ Shocked  My question is, if this is the case and she means to take everyone, plus the spirits, what of them?

And would it matter if they were left behind seeing as they DO have a connection to the world? And those who still have a connection to those spirits (for example, say Treestump and Dewshine to Dewshine's mother), how would they feel about that possibility if it were the case? Would they still choose to leave if the time came, knowing Dewshine's mother's spirit would be left behind?

omg did I make any sense? Suspect

Final Quest #11 - Page 27 Santa_10Final Quest #11 - Page 27 Downlo23Final Quest #11 - Page 27 Av_cut10Final Quest #11 - Page 27 2020_k13
Compliments go to Embala for bringing a British cat and an American dog together via Photoshop!
chibi cutter compliments of katcombs!
Cutter egg 2018 from Embala
Back to top Go down
Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 27 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 4:37 pm

Yes, I've been wondering that too. Is it even possible for the wolfrider spirits to stay if the palace go? And the elves who chooses to stay, will they keep their magic or loose it far from the palace? Or degenerate like the misfit trolls?

That spirit stuff is weird: what the point of living as a spirit if you're not really free? And what happen to them if the palace is destroyed?
Back to top Go down
Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 27 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 4:44 pm

I don't know if those ideas are supposed to be attractive to us, but I've always found the living forever and the spirits in EQ creepy or even scary. Same for the palace. Brrr... Maybe that's why Cutter freaks out: he found out he has to live forever, no choice (and we knows he feels the passing of time like we human do).
Back to top Go down
Multi-Facets

Multi-Facets

Sagittarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 27 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 8:16 pm

That would be enough to drive anyone insane, Miscellaneous. Yiii-iiiikes.

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 27 EmptySun Oct 25, 2015 12:30 am

Eternal life as a fully conscious but unhurtable spirit? That sounds just about perfect... well, at least until heat death of the universe sets in... Naw, I think I could still come up with something to keep myself occupied.

Eternal life in a sweet transformable body and with a kickass spaceship is even better, of course!
Back to top Go down
TrollHammer

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 27 EmptySun Oct 25, 2015 3:24 am

wingthing wrote:
Eternal life as a fully conscious but unhurtable spirit? That sounds just about perfect... well, at least until heat death of the universe sets in... Naw, I think I could still come up with something to keep myself occupied.

Eternal life in a sweet transformable body and with a kickass spaceship is even better, of course!

So... the universe expands, entropy runs out, and protons eventually decay into nothingness... the eternal void reaches absolute zero in temperature.

Except for a single crystaline ship full of spirits, remembering bygone days of rutting and recognition. A few more billion years pass, and even AD&D on-board has gotten stale....

But then, suddenly, all of the spirits Recognize all other spirits at the same time! (And the ship to, as its semi-sentient)... and we get the Big Bang.

Which then results 13 some odd billion years later in a comic book about Elves crashing on a planet, forgetting themselves, questing to find themsslves and so on, which results in several fan forums, one of which has a post referring to these goings on... and thats how Cutter saved the universe. The end.

(Sorry, been a long day)

Final Quest #11 - Page 27 Banner11
Back to top Go down
ErinC1978

ErinC1978

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 27 EmptySun Oct 25, 2015 3:36 am

TrollHammer wrote:
wingthing wrote:

So... the universe expands, entropy runs out, and protons eventually decay into nothingness... the eternal void reaches absolute zero in temperature.

Except for a single crystaline ship full of spirits, remembering bygone days of rutting and recognition.  A few more billion years pass, and even AD&D on-board has gotten stale....

But then, suddenly, all of the spirits Recognize all other spirits at the same time! (And the ship to, as its semi-sentient)... and we get the Big Bang.

Which then results 13 some odd billion years later in a comic book about Elves crashing on a planet, forgetting themselves, questing to find themsslves and so on, which results in several fan forums, one of which has a post referring to these goings on...  and thats how Cutter saved the universe. The end.

(Sorry, been a long day)

It's the ciiiiiiiiircle of liiiiiiiiiiife...
Back to top Go down
Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 27 EmptySun Oct 25, 2015 10:21 am

XD
Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 27 EmptySun Oct 25, 2015 12:15 pm

TrollHammer wrote:

Except for a single crystaline ship full of spirits, remembering bygone days of rutting and recognition.  A few more billion years pass, and even AD&D on-board has gotten stale....

Which then results 13 some odd billion years later in a comic book about Elves crashing on a planet, forgetting themselves, questing to find themsslves and so on, which results in several fan forums, one of which has a post referring to these goings on...  and thats how Cutter saved the universe. The end.

(Sorry, been a long day)

that... that makes perfect sense, actually. lol!
Back to top Go down
wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 27 EmptySun Oct 25, 2015 2:05 pm

I....I actually really like that one! XD
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 27 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2015 11:01 pm

Miscellaneous wrote:
I don't know if those ideas are supposed to be attractive to us, but I've always found the living forever and the spirits in EQ creepy or even scary. Same for the palace. Brrr... Maybe that's why Cutter freaks out: he found out he has to live forever, no choice (and we knows he feels the passing of time like we human do).

Do we? Does he? I know he did but I thought there was something about "a great healing" taking place when they returned to the first Holt.
Back to top Go down
Multi-Facets

Multi-Facets

Sagittarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 27 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 12:34 am

That "great healing" was probably Suntop purging the dark miasma of tainted magic and hatred from the area with help from the Palace and the Sun Folk.

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 27 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 5:51 am

The healing was Cutter finding inner peace by coming back to his childhood home and learning to live in the present again. Sunstream purging the magic pool was just a metaphor for that and for him proving himself to his dad.

Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 27 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 12:16 pm

So the elves went to Drub's as well as Picknose's kingdom to get them to the old lair (at least Picknose got there). Since both kingdoms were on under the new continent, Picknose seems to have successfully tunnelled under the vast deep ocean. In an astonishing short amount of time Shocked

This is not an inconsistency, it's a feat!

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 27 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 12:57 pm

Wow, yes, I never realised that Miss Gillespie! Kudos to Picknose! Drinking

Final Quest #11 - Page 27 Dart_kimo_banner_by_janaweijers-db45ba7
Back to top Go down
Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 27 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 3:26 pm

Maybe The World of Two Moons is really tiny.
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 27 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 3:57 pm

Could be... But Aroree's bondbird Littletrill died trying to fly across the Vast Deep. This does not suggest an easy distance to tunnel.
Back to top Go down
Multi-Facets

Multi-Facets

Sagittarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 27 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 4:25 pm

Not only that, there probably weren't a lot of places to safely land, hunt, rest, etc, on the way. I can't remember seeing any islands on any maps of Abode. I'm betting exhaustion was one of the factors that killed poor Littletrill.

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #11   Final Quest #11 - Page 27 Empty

Back to top Go down

Final Quest #11
Page 27 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28  Next