Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Things you wouldn't dare say out loud

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
AuthorMessage
IceTooth

PostSubject: Re: Things you wouldn't dare say out loud   Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:51 pm

I'm so very sorry to all of you. A few years ago when our company was doing great - I was one of the first people you spoke to when you applied for the job. It was a nightmare going through so many resumes but we built one of hell of a team! I find myself wandering the nearly empty building now thinking about those days of good and plenty.

I know life is full of risks, but I sold you on our company because back then, it was a great place to work. It turned my life around...leaving my home state without a car and only $100 left to my name I took off into the unknown and made a great life for myself. It sure beat being broke, injured and destitute. All of the people I've met...getting to know you, your children and even watching you welcome new cublings into the world...it has been a pure joy. Smile

Especially those of you who came out of state to work for us - I am sorry we let you down. I know I've told you all this in person many times...and I know the idiots in charge don't care, but I do!

Almost 20 years ago the last class I took for my degree was on management. And I remember what those management consultants told us on day one - the two golden rules of management never to forget:

1) Hire good people.
2) Pay them well.

Well things started out that way...I can't fault our company for that. But it seems they have forgotten this over time. I am so glad that most of you have moved on to better jobs and happier lives - I look forward to joining you very soon. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Things you wouldn't dare say out loud   Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:39 am

To the big, quiet. middle-aged Russian maintenance man:  Thank you for giving me a hug when I asked for one.  Sisterhood is a foreign concept here.

Things you wouldn't dare say out loud
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 12 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12