Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family
 
HomePortalCalendarFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Final Quest #10

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
AuthorMessage
Multi-Facets

avatar

Sagittarius Dog
Posts : 259
Join date : 2015-03-31
Age : 34
Location : The Downstairs Domain

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #10   Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:21 pm

No, he can't. So he's severely sleep-deprived as well.

___________________________________________________
“Stay drunk on writing so reality doesn’t destroy you.” - Ray Bradbury.
Back to top Go down
Davrille

avatar

Virgo Horse
Posts : 236
Join date : 2015-03-25
Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #10   Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:15 pm

I don't think Timmain and the Palace spirits were going to force Winnowill to do anything. Timmain says, "Give her spirit over to use and in time she will be cleansed... renewed."

There's no mention of how long this could take, or how. Me, I can see it happening like this:

Winnowill: "YESS! The power of the Palace, mine!"

Spirits and Timmains: "Nope."

Winnowill: *tries to manipulate the Palace's power"

Spirits and TImmain: "Nope. When you're done raging, come hang out with us. It's pretty chill."

The Palace spirits didn't take sides when Rayek attacked the Go-Backs. That doesn't, however, mean they can't. It's possible that the "cleansing and renewing" could happen simply as a matter of course; that without the pressures of living in a body, within the presence of at least one person who had loved her (Voll) Winnowill, over time, decides she's tired of hating and wanting to dominate.
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

avatar

Aries Dragon
Posts : 3122
Join date : 2015-04-17
Age : 29
Location : Right here

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #10   Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:12 am

@Multi-Facets wrote:
No, he can't. So he's severely sleep-deprived as well.

Probably also means that going into wrapstuff isn't an option for him either...
Back to top Go down
TrollHammer

avatar

Posts : 649
Join date : 2012-07-31
Location : O'er Der.....

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #10   Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:49 pm

@Davrille wrote:
I don't think Timmain and the Palace spirits were going to force Winnowill to do anything. Timmain says, "Give her spirit over to use and in time she will be cleansed... renewed."

There's no mention of how long this could take, or how. Me, I can see it happening like this:

Winnowill: "YESS! The power of the Palace, mine!"

Spirits and Timmains: "Nope."

Winnowill: *tries to manipulate the Palace's power"

Spirits and TImmain: "Nope. When you're done raging, come hang out with us. It's pretty chill."

The Palace spirits didn't take sides when Rayek attacked the Go-Backs. That doesn't, however, mean they can't.  It's possible that the "cleansing and renewing" could happen simply as a matter of course; that without the pressures of living in a body,  within the presence of at least one person who had loved her (Voll) Winnowill, over time, decides she's tired of hating and wanting to dominate.

How long will it take to cool off from 18000+ years of scheming, failure, and having your toys taken from you? She has been slapped down time and time again in such ways that should have humbled her time and time again, but she didnt change in all that time, how long is Timmain going to sit back and wait?

This further makes me wonder: what is the actual plan? We know there are reasons the Elves need to hurry up and make some choices (warfleets, encroaching humans, limited page count), but the Elves only know the same old pressure of encroaching Humans, not the rest, and thry have experienced that since the moment they arrived 20000yrs ago. Why are there some Elves that seem rushed into "the sending went out, gotta rush and get em all together and do something, make choices of if we live in the palace and whatnot", as though they needed such a choice in the past. Timmain, on the other hand, seems like "Naw, lets take as much time as is possible: we wont ship all the various critters free tickets to the Palace, nor rush a healing for Winnie, I mean she's been festering for like, a REALLY long time so why bother rushing things?"

___________________________________________________
...all you need to understand is EVERYTHING YOU KNOW IS WROOOONG!!! -Wierd Al... or is it Timmain in disguise?
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

avatar

Posts : 2734
Join date : 2014-03-15
Location : On a rooftop, contemplating the moon

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #10   Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:16 pm

Which makes sense- considering Timmain is, like-- what?-- millions of years old? A few years or a few hundred years must be nothing to her.

Go Backs and Wolfriders, though, have had relatively short life spans. Historically anyway. They may feel more pressure.

___________________________________________________
afro flower afro 
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnbYyTlz1Tw
Multi-Facets

avatar

Sagittarius Dog
Posts : 259
Join date : 2015-03-31
Age : 34
Location : The Downstairs Domain

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #10   Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:41 am

@Redhead Ember wrote:
Probably also means that going into wrapstuff isn't an option for him either...

Considering Winnowill can also use astral projection, no, not an option. :-/

___________________________________________________
“Stay drunk on writing so reality doesn’t destroy you.” - Ray Bradbury.
Back to top Go down
 
Final Quest #10
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 10 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Similar topics
-
» The Final Quest
» Final Quest #9
» Final Quest #10
» Final Quest #11
» Final Quest #12

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Father Tree Holt :: ElfQuest Comic Discusions-
Jump to: