Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Final Quest #10

Go down 
+21
kathleen3.0
wingthing
Zadzi
Sifra
Embala
Elwing
manga
KR Wordgazer
Tymber
Wiseshaman
G0lden
Paranthropus
Stargazer
Miss Gillespie
Kindredsoul
faeriegirl
Outlier
Nightsea
Arthis
Kojiyumi
Redhead Ember
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
AuthorMessage
Multi-Facets

Multi-Facets

Sagittarius Dog

Final Quest #10 - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #10   Final Quest #10 - Page 10 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 1:21 pm

No, he can't. So he's severely sleep-deprived as well.

Davrille

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #10   Final Quest #10 - Page 10 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 10:15 pm

I don't think Timmain and the Palace spirits were going to force Winnowill to do anything. Timmain says, "Give her spirit over to use and in time she will be cleansed... renewed."

There's no mention of how long this could take, or how. Me, I can see it happening like this:

Winnowill: "YESS! The power of the Palace, mine!"

Spirits and Timmains: "Nope."

Winnowill: *tries to manipulate the Palace's power"

Spirits and TImmain: "Nope. When you're done raging, come hang out with us. It's pretty chill."

The Palace spirits didn't take sides when Rayek attacked the Go-Backs. That doesn't, however, mean they can't. It's possible that the "cleansing and renewing" could happen simply as a matter of course; that without the pressures of living in a body, within the presence of at least one person who had loved her (Voll) Winnowill, over time, decides she's tired of hating and wanting to dominate.
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #10   Final Quest #10 - Page 10 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 9:12 am

Multi-Facets wrote:
No, he can't. So he's severely sleep-deprived as well.

Probably also means that going into wrapstuff isn't an option for him either...

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
TrollHammer

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #10   Final Quest #10 - Page 10 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 6:49 pm

Davrille wrote:
I don't think Timmain and the Palace spirits were going to force Winnowill to do anything. Timmain says, "Give her spirit over to use and in time she will be cleansed... renewed."

There's no mention of how long this could take, or how. Me, I can see it happening like this:

Winnowill: "YESS! The power of the Palace, mine!"

Spirits and Timmains: "Nope."

Winnowill: *tries to manipulate the Palace's power"

Spirits and TImmain: "Nope. When you're done raging, come hang out with us. It's pretty chill."

The Palace spirits didn't take sides when Rayek attacked the Go-Backs. That doesn't, however, mean they can't.  It's possible that the "cleansing and renewing" could happen simply as a matter of course; that without the pressures of living in a body,  within the presence of at least one person who had loved her (Voll) Winnowill, over time, decides she's tired of hating and wanting to dominate.

How long will it take to cool off from 18000+ years of scheming, failure, and having your toys taken from you? She has been slapped down time and time again in such ways that should have humbled her time and time again, but she didnt change in all that time, how long is Timmain going to sit back and wait?

This further makes me wonder: what is the actual plan? We know there are reasons the Elves need to hurry up and make some choices (warfleets, encroaching humans, limited page count), but the Elves only know the same old pressure of encroaching Humans, not the rest, and thry have experienced that since the moment they arrived 20000yrs ago. Why are there some Elves that seem rushed into "the sending went out, gotta rush and get em all together and do something, make choices of if we live in the palace and whatnot", as though they needed such a choice in the past. Timmain, on the other hand, seems like "Naw, lets take as much time as is possible: we wont ship all the various critters free tickets to the Palace, nor rush a healing for Winnie, I mean she's been festering for like, a REALLY long time so why bother rushing things?"

Final Quest #10 - Page 10 Banner11
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #10   Final Quest #10 - Page 10 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 9:16 pm

Which makes sense- considering Timmain is, like-- what?-- millions of years old? A few years or a few hundred years must be nothing to her.

Go Backs and Wolfriders, though, have had relatively short life spans. Historically anyway. They may feel more pressure.

Multi-Facets

Multi-Facets

Sagittarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #10   Final Quest #10 - Page 10 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 12:41 am

Redhead Ember wrote:
Probably also means that going into wrapstuff isn't an option for him either...

Considering Winnowill can also use astral projection, no, not an option. :-/

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #10   Final Quest #10 - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Final Quest #10
Page 10 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10