What have you discovered today?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 27, 28, 29
AuthorMessage
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

What have you discovered today? - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 29 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2019 2:03 pm

Thank you. Shadowpaqth.

I always forget about this additional page! Rolling Eyes

View user profile
IceTooth

IceTooth

Scorpio Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 29 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2019 12:58 pm

That I really miss being near my family. Just back from vacation and got to spend a wonderful week with them and also visited an old friend I hadn't seen in years. Meeting and playing with his adorable little cub who is just shy of 2 years was also one of the highlights of the trip. Smile

To finish our travels up we spent a day in my old town and while I was there I kept thinking of more old friends that I'd lost touch with after moving. But I was poor and destitute there and leaving for a new job 8 years ago changed my life in more positive ways than I can count. But it didn't come without giving a few things up.

Now I'm back home and back to our house in the boonies...which is sadly two states away from my family. Feeling very sad and lonely...I enjoy the solitude while my gf is at work but being able to visit with old friends and family with a quick 15-20 minute drive is something I miss so terribly much. Part of the reason I agreed to move here (firstly being her new job) was that I'd have a brother and a very good friend close by.

In the past year I've seen my brother only a few times. He's busy with his own family and due to his wife's mental health issues I don't see much of him. My other friend is going through a divorce and becoming an alcoholic due to the stress and watching him self destruct has been really hard. From a distance that is, I haven't seen him in person in several years, despite the fact that he lives less than an hour away now.

The odd part is that I did all of the driving on the trip. Hours and hours in the car, showing my gf the sights and just breathing it all in. Funny that while I dislike driving where I live now with all the crazy people, daily accidents and congested freeways I had no qualms about driving all over the place in my home state. That alone, speaks volumes.

Sigh. I will get through this. I've promised myself that I will remain positive and seek out new friends and social activities, but I really hate living where I do now. I just don't feel like I fit in like I did in Oregon...this new area leaves so much to be desired. Rebuilding a life in a new state was really difficult...but having to move again last year and leave so much behind has left a big hole in my heart.

But with time, the heart heals and I just have to remember that. There has to be some good where I'm at now, and High Ones willing, I will find it!

Or at least enjoy the journey in trying. sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 29 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2019 5:06 pm

You're not alone Icetooth! I'm going through the same pains. I moved last September, going from Florida to North Carolina. I've only really made one friend here, but then i never was very good at making friends and socializing. I'm still adjusting even almost a year later. A slightly unsavory living condition doesn't help either but eh.

You are envied by me..i wish i could visit my hometown and see familiar sights...but unfortunately that is dead to me now. Take comfort in knowing your familiarity is still there. Not everyone is so lucky...

But i hope you are able to adjust and once more have that feeling of Home.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 29 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2019 6:26 pm

Oh jeez you guys , this is something I am also lamenting right now as well! I miss my family and live across the country from them but I'm also terrible at making friends. I'm very shy but very outspoken socially to hide it, and have a ton of acquaintances but like zero friends. I'm also an hour and a half away from my sister and thought we'd spend more time together but she's way too mired in her own life and work, and in a year I've only seen her like 4x in a whole year Sad  
It kind of sucks! I work my own hours so I get to call my own schedule since I've never been one to do 9-5, but I think since I don't do it I'm kind of out of touch with those who have more demanding schedules than mine.

What have you discovered today? - Page 29 Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 29 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2019 9:25 pm

*group HUG* for everyone who needs. Hug
All good wishes for each of you. May your dreams come true.

View user profile
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 29 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2019 10:20 pm

Awww*hugs*^^

Zadzi i know what you mean! I have lots of customers i joke with but whenever i extend a hand outside the store like giving my phone number, i never get a response. I always wonder if it's me or them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 29 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2019 6:23 pm

Discovered Beyond doesn't think Tyldak is an actual elf, but something Winnowill cooked up.

View user profile
IceTooth

IceTooth

Scorpio Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 29 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2019 1:25 pm

Thank you for the kind words and sharing your stories. Zadzi...I am much the same way, very much an introvert and making friends is not easy for me. I have the same issue with my brother...he's only 30 min away but I think I've seen him only 3-4 times in the last year...it's so hard. When I lived in my home state I lived 1.5 hours from my oldest sibling and I went to see him at least twice a month. Sometimes I'd stay for a week or more during the holidays and spent so much time with his kids. That's who I was visiting with last week but they are so far away now. Regarding my other brother who is so close now...we make plans to hang out but then they get canceled...but I have to respect his boundaries. I know he'd like to hang out more but his wife and family come first so it is what it is.

Since I work from home now I don't have many social interactions. My gf loves to travel and do activities so our weekends are always busy, but I miss having friends to hang out with. I'll find something...just have to try a little harder. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 29 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2019 1:20 am

Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 29 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2019 7:43 am

It is a beautiful painting! I'm in love. Those brown eyes loo, deep into my soul...the colours are so warm and beautifully blended. The brush strokes give it texture.

....what an amazing artist!

Romans 12:12

Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.die-wandfee.jimdo.com
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 29 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2019 3:30 pm

Amazing indeed! This wolf looks very realistic - almost alive. And ... hase the vibe of a huggable plushie at the same time. *wants to cuddle* I wonder - is a a nordic dog ... an arctic wolf ... or something between?
Thank you for sharing this awesome and very elfquesty find, Trollbabe. Very Happy

View user profile
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 29 EmptySun Aug 04, 2019 3:06 am

That the title of Elfmoms Artbook "Line of Beautyis an actual term in art and refers to her preferred choice of Hogarthian and Serpentine lines while drawing.

"Line of beauty is a term and a theory in art or aesthetics used to describe an S-shaped curved line (a serpentine line) appearing within an object, as the boundary line of an object, or as a virtual boundary line formed by the composition of several objects. This theory originated with William Hogarth (18th-century English painter, satirist, and writer), and is an essential part of Hogarth's theory of aesthetics as described in his Analysis of Beauty (1753). According to this theory, S-shaped curved lines signify liveliness and activity and excite the attention of the viewer as contrasted with straight lines, parallel lines, or right-angled intersecting lines, which signify stasis, death, or inanimate objects.
In contrast to grand compositional lines, which are regularly found in Baroque or Rococo art, the serpentine line is not primarily dictating the whole composition of a canvas. Instead, the line should be understood as being found in parts; a composition is created by employing various kinds of lines in various relations to each other without destroying its simplicity."

What have you discovered today? - Page 29 20190810
What have you discovered today? - Page 29 20190811
What have you discovered today? - Page 29 20190812

Romans 12:12

Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.die-wandfee.jimdo.com
Rainflower

Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 29 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2019 4:24 pm

Wow, I have that flower arranging lines in a book of mine:shock: or something like it

That the whiskey I bought could have been better Neutral drunken taste like bottle Suspect
Back to top Go down
View user profile
katcombs

katcombs

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 29 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2019 4:21 pm

I just found out my old backup holt is still up and working for the elfquest dollers, eeek!!
http://elvenholt.forumotion.com/

When i get a chance ill move my pixel backup over there and just post in the regular threads.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://toyhou.se/katcombs
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 29 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2019 4:27 pm

cheers WOW! bounce

View user profile
katcombs

katcombs

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 29 EmptySat Aug 17, 2019 6:31 pm

@Embala wrote:
cheers WOW! bounce

I thought it had been deleted AGES ago, lol... good to see all the works still up there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://toyhou.se/katcombs
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 29 Empty

Back to top Go down

What have you discovered today?
Page 29 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 27, 28, 29

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Father Tree Holt :: Off Topics-
Jump to: