Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Keeping in Character Listing

Go down 
+2
TrollHammer
PCoquelin
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

Keeping in Character Listing - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keeping in Character Listing   Keeping in Character Listing - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 29, 2015 3:33 pm

I hope those threads will not be "just for the EggHunt", Redhead. Smile

And ... as far as human great-grandchildren of an Elf are concerned ... you might be right. But - shouldn't they count as well? It doesn't feel too long for me!

TrollHammer

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: Keeping in Character Listing   Keeping in Character Listing - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 29, 2015 7:26 pm

Just found this: https://web.archive.org/web/20050330231437/http://www.mosquitonet.com/~simba/who/Elves/otherelf.html

(Or more to the point)

https://web.archive.org/web/20050330232834/http://www.mosquitonet.com/~simba/who/alpha.html

Other than references to it (and the defunct site, as cached above) at SoC, I hadnt heard much of the first half of the top link's page (Trickster's clan, Plains elves).  I mean I had heard of them but hadnt seen a reference for them.

Is this information considered accurate?

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Keeping in Character Listing   Keeping in Character Listing - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 29, 2015 8:57 pm

Trickster's Clan sounds authentic - they are from a prose novel and listed in the Wolfrider Guide.

Not sure about the Plains Elves ... likely they are. From a prose novel as well. I know about Hawkcatcher and Two-Shadows.

The Alphabetical List might be okay - or hold OC's of Dreamwood's Den with equal chance. Lots of Humans from Jink/Rebels involved and wolves and soulnames are listed as well. Many names are familiar, others - especially elf names - I never heard before. I'd need to go through it name by name and my best chance is the Wolfrider guide to identify them.

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Keeping in Character Listing   Keeping in Character Listing - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 10:46 am

Embala wrote:
I hope those threads will not be "just for the EggHunt", Redhead. Smile

And ... as far as human great-grandchildren of an Elf are concerned ... you might be right. But - shouldn't they count as well? It doesn't feel too long for me!

Of course it's not just for the EggHunt, but there's not reason to make it harder on us selves than necessary.

As for how many generations I should include; well... I could go:

Korafay:
Great-granddaughter of Bearclaw, Joyleaf, Suntoucher and Toorah.
Great-great-granddaughter of Mantricker and Thornflower
Great-great-great-granddaughter of Goodtree and Lionleaper
Great-great-great-great-granddaughter of Tanner and Stormlight
Great-great-great-great-great-granddaughter of Freefoot and Starflower(?)
Great-great-great-great-great-great-granddaughter of Skyfire and Dreamsinger
Great-great-great-great-great-great-great-granddaughter of Prey-Pacer and Wreath
Great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-granddaughter of Rahnee, Zarhan and Laststar(?)
Great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-granddaughter of Timmorn and Murrel
Great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-granddaughter of Timmain and Alpha Male

But that would be a bit much... don't you think? Wink

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Keeping in Character Listing   Keeping in Character Listing - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 2:32 pm

Laughing Love the effort! ^^

It just occured to me ... in case the newest revelation must be taken literally:

Korafay ...
Granddaughter of TAM and Leetah
Great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-granddaughter of TAM and Alpha Male

Shocked

TrollHammer

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: Keeping in Character Listing   Keeping in Character Listing - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 5:44 pm

Cutter needs to start singing "Im my own Grandma..." er... how does that work?

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Keeping in Character Listing   Keeping in Character Listing - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 2:24 am

As you might've noticed I've started posting my home-made Character Bios. If anyone notice any mistakes - such as posting the wrong bio - please tell me.

I've skipped those that are basically Alive/Deceased - mortal/immortal

Uhm... was Enlet male or female? According the Multimedea's post female:

Quote :
Enlet --  Female / Immortal, deceased / Mother of Zarhan /

According to this, male:

Quote :
Enlet  Male, firemaker, son of Seeree and Menolan, but raised by Almeck and Segray along with his psuedo brother Samael.  Father of Zarhan.  He was eventually consumed by his own fire magic.

Back to top Go down
TrollHammer

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: Keeping in Character Listing   Keeping in Character Listing - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 5:39 am

Im planning on doing a "age" or "birth-death" for each character to add another post to each character thread and help with some stuff Im doing. Gotta reminder question though: how long did the Wolfriders wait before going into wrapstuff while waiting for the Palace? Im not counting time in wrap-sleep toward physical age (Sunstream notwithstanding, as his grow/aging is not typical of normal wrapsleep depicted elsewhere, or else the Wolfriders might have aged to death in their cocoons.)

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Keeping in Character Listing   Keeping in Character Listing - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 6:27 am

500 years.

I'm pretty sure Sunstream didn't age while in wrapstuff, he just had a late growthspurt. Which of course means that now Ember is technically three years older than her twin-brother, who still insists on calling her Little Sister.

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Keeping in Character Listing   Keeping in Character Listing - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 8:20 am

Yes, I have noticed busybusy young chieftess Ember - great job, Red. Very Happy

Redhead Ember wrote:
I've skipped those that are basically Alive/Deceased - mortal/immortal
I don't understand scratch ... what did you skip why?

Quote :
Uhm... was Enlet male or female?
Wolfrieder Guide lists Enlet as male - "father of Zarhan". I guess your second quote refers to the bio pages on EQ.com, Redhead? You shoud ask Multimedea in her thread.

As Redhead said, Hammer - eight eights of eights ... more or less 500 years.

Sunstream was physically (growth) and mentally (learning, sending to tribemates) active while he was in wrapstuff. Definitely not a stasis. I call this life time. In my opinion "active years" are "aging" years ... makes Sunstream exactly the same age as his sister. Not does this matter a lot for an immortal elf.

(Yup, I had to think a bit about this to draw my own conclusions - and found more questions!)

Please don't discuss wrapstuff here - it's too interesting to disappear in a misfit topic. -> About Wrapstuff

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Keeping in Character Listing   Keeping in Character Listing - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 4:37 am

All my Bios. Notice how the first line - other than the name - is stating whether the character is alive or deceased - mortal or immortal. So for example for Cutter it's

Alive - mortal.

The bit Enlet is said to be female is from Multimedea's post.

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Keeping in Character Listing   Keeping in Character Listing - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 9:56 am

Uhm... I've wondered which ones you have skipped. And why you have skipped them. Doesn't help much to look up the existing ones for this purpose ... O.O

Redhead Ember wrote:
The bit Enlet is said to be female is from Multimedea's post.
That's why I've suggested to ask Multimedea directly.

Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Keeping in Character Listing   Keeping in Character Listing - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 10:28 pm

Is there a listing for Korafay? Did I miss it?

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Keeping in Character Listing   Keeping in Character Listing - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 4:34 am

I think Embala is waiting with posting the various Wavedancer threads until Christina has had a chance.

She's also waiting with the Troll threads, coz that's your job! Trinket

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Keeping in Character Listing   Keeping in Character Listing - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 9:33 pm

Redhead Ember wrote:
I think Embala is waiting with posting the various Wavedancer threads until Christina has had a chance.
Redhead is fast like always - and she is right, Trollbabe.

I wish all those threads would have been reopened by tribmates who really love the character in question ... or have an opinion about her/him at least. But this would have taken much too long ... I have a deadline for those revivals. ^^ That's why I've decided to give them a kickstart the way I did. In some cases I've asked well-known fans to write the first post.

I know that ChristinaRaibert is one of the most passionate Wavedancer fans, probably the ONE. And I know she would love to open more threads for her beloved merelfs as sure as I know that right now is not the time for her to do so. That's why I'll wait ...
Shouldn't keep anyone else from opening a thread when s/he wants to share love, has questions or insights about a certain character.

Quote :
She's also waiting with the Troll threads, coz that's your job! Trinket
Our dear young chieftess wanted to express that I'd feel honored if our resident Trollogists would open the threads for (selected) Troll celebrities or common folk and share their appreciated knowledge.

TrollHammer

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: Keeping in Character Listing   Keeping in Character Listing - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 1:47 am

Found an obscure one:
Silverflash (Found in Wolfrider!, alerted the "ones who stayed behind to expect company"

Not sure if its the Elf telling the cubs "it calls itself a 'maggot-troll'" or if it is a reference to a wolf-friend.

(BTW, on a different thread, there was a discussion about bathing. At the beginning of Wolfrider, Far-Touch comments how he would rather be washing off in a stream.)

After checking the list, Far-Touch and Longreach are not listed. Longreach is a storyteller, from the sound of it.

Also in that story (not sure if any of these are mentioned):
Rabbits are referred to as Ravvits
The Troll door guard is Scurff
Various former chiefs are mentioned
Picknose refers to himself as "the one in charge, except for the King". I take this to mean he is second in command, or the king's right hand man, though I generally dont get that impression during other stories. Later in the story, when the king is told this, the glares Picknose gets show that the King has a lower opinion.  It does appear that Old Maggoty is grooming him, though,

Edit:
Thanks for clarifying that, Redhead, I didnt remember that.

Continuing on with whatever I find in Wolfrider, for kicks.
Shaman of Manach (Snake God?)
Wolf friends Snapper and Wind-Chaser (hassle to switch back and forth on a ohone to see if they are on there, and as I go through the book Ill add them to this post. For now its bed time).

Last edited by TrollHammer on Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Keeping in Character Listing   Keeping in Character Listing - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 2:27 am

TrollHammer wrote:
After checking the list, Far-Touch and Longreach are not listed. Longreach is a storyteller, from the sound of it.

Longreach is listed. Under his more commonly known name of Longbranch.

Back to top Go down
faeriegirl

faeriegirl

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Keeping in Character Listing   Keeping in Character Listing - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 4:36 pm

The first post needs to be updated with several Wavedancer threads at least Wink

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Keeping in Character Listing   Keeping in Character Listing - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 4:51 pm

Question Would you clarify this, fae?

faeriegirl

faeriegirl

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Keeping in Character Listing   Keeping in Character Listing - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 4:55 pm

Nevermind, I hadn't refreshed my page properly, so the new threads like for Darshek weren't links yet.
They are now!

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Keeping in Character Listing   Keeping in Character Listing - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 4:56 pm

As it should be! flower

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Keeping in Character Listing   Keeping in Character Listing - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 5:50 am

Is it on purpose that Timmorn's link - in the list - leads to his old thread on the SoC, rather than his thread on this page?

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Keeping in Character Listing   Keeping in Character Listing - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 6:08 am

More like a copy/paste accident - FIXED. Thanks for the heads-up, Ember .

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Keeping in Character Listing   Keeping in Character Listing - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2017 2:18 pm

The list in the first post is updated.

My thanks to LurkingCat cat for her alertness and heads-up! Very Happy

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Keeping in Character Listing   Keeping in Character Listing - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 19, 2017 5:33 pm

Want to keep this handy ...

Trollhammer wrote:
Here is a list of Tribes. Add more as you think of them, and we can pare it down later.

Wolfriders
Go-Backs
Gliders
High Ones
Sun Villagers

Forest Trolls
Frozen Mountain Trolls
Treasure.Seeker.Trolls (Searcher and the Sword
Picky's Trolls

Human Tribes
Gotara Tribe
Neandrathals
Threk'sht Tribes (after Shards)
Djin's Men
Hoan k'ta sho (i know, not spelled right, im going from memory. In other words, nonna's tribe, base of Blue Mountian)
Door's Tribe of humans.
The Rebels

Jeedai wrote:
Expansion Tribes:

Wavedancers (as in the canon comics)

Sea Elves (the dolphin-riders from the RPG suppliment)

Plainsrunners (also from the RPG)

Desert Nomads? (also from the RPG)

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Keeping in Character Listing   Keeping in Character Listing - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Keeping in Character Listing
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next