Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Final Quest #12

Go down 
+39
Stormcatcher
Embala
Cloudbuck
Multi-Facets
Zadzi
Stargazer
Davrille
wingthing
ErinC1978
Shadowpath
Vaeri
TrollHammer
Miss Gillespie
G0lden
kathleen3.0
Miscellaneous
sun girl
Outlier
Redhead Ember
KR Wordgazer
Sifra
PCoquelin
Wisp
manga
howler monkey
Tymber
Soreyes
Paranthropus
Tenderleaf
Lurks
Kindredsoul
m0nkeyh0use
wolfmoonsky
Tam
Josine
Arthis
Trollbabe
Merelf
Nibblet
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
Elwing

Elwing

Cancer Dog

Final Quest #12 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   Final Quest #12 - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 3:46 am

howler monkey wrote:

Actually, I think they'll be the only survivors. They're safe in the palace. But the rest of the wavedancers, they're definitely toast...
They are? I can't even keep track of where everybody is any more...
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   Final Quest #12 - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 9:18 am

Zadzi wrote:
I think Pike will die. He's lost his life mates and says being near the palace is enough for him, but every time I look at him, I kind of see Pike as sadly resigned. I really like Pike, too. But I think he would make a bad ass spirit. I want to see him and Venka making out in the palace.

You mean Vaya, right?
Of course Pike and Venka could make out in the Palace, but that would require that either Pike stayed alive, or Venka died.
Not that there seem to have ever been any attraction between Pike and Venka.

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   Final Quest #12 - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 1:32 am

Well here are the things we know:

A devastating secret, long hidden in plain sight, is also moving into the light. When the full impact of this revelation becomes known, it will affect the entire elfin race forever.

and

What happens when you discover who you really are—and realize you never wanted to know that soul-wrenching truth? Nightfall and Redlance lead a band of Wolfriders to try to learn the answer...

So-- this is something that Cutter learns from Timmain--- and it reveals who he... and presumably all the elves... really are. It's not something that's specific to Cutter or to the Wolfriders-- because it affects the entire race. It is something that is terrifying to Cutter-- and that Nightfall and Redlance are able to track down the answer to.

Lastly, it has to do with whatever is missing in that cover image for issue 12.

Thoughts?

I, personally, think that Wendy Pini is about to break the 4th wall.

Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   Final Quest #12 - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 1:37 am

Oh yeah-- and chances are that Leetah already knows. She just hasn't mentioned it.

Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   Final Quest #12 - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 2:30 am

Maybe Timmain is about to tell Cutter that the elves have been approached by the United Federation of Planets, and, as is turns out, are distant relations of Vulcans? Or... that the other High Ones have finally contacted them.. that they formed an intergalactic society... and that a small group of rebels is now engaged in a battle against the Empire... and that Rayek is a Jedi and Ekuar's soul name is Yoda.

Or... it's just going to turn out that Elfquest, like everything else, has been purchased by Disney. Hence Cutter's freak out.

howler monkey

howler monkey

Taurus Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   Final Quest #12 - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 10:14 am

I was wondering about all the dead wolfrider spirits. Will they be able to join with the palace or will they be forever stuck on Abode? If so, it will be even harder for Cutter to leave it behind.. And that quest  of Nightfall and Redlance's, maybe the wooden elves have some info. They don't seem interested in the call, so maybe they have to go to them for answers. Maybe to learn how to blend in and live hidden away.
Back to top Go down
Soreyes

Soreyes

Gemini Snake

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   Final Quest #12 - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 12:05 pm

[quote="Redhead Ember"You mean Vaya, right?
Of course Pike and Venka could make out in the Palace, but that would require that either Pike stayed alive, or Venka died.
][/quote]

Ohh what if Jink is the Daughter of Pike and Venka Shocked Laughing

A.J. Rimmer
Back to top Go down
Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   Final Quest #12 - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 12:44 pm

Lunakat wrote:
Or... it's just going to turn out that Elfquest, like everything else, has been purchased by Disney. Hence Cutter's freak out.

When I read this, I thought of disneyfied elves, then I thought of a Donald-Leetah and remembered this character:

Final Quest #12 - Page 2 Alfred_Jodocus_Kwak_-_Winnie_Wana

Her name is actually Winnie Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

(next to her in the first panel is her Cutter, in the show* he's called Alfred)

*the show was fucking disturbing!
Back to top Go down
Davrille

Davrille

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   Final Quest #12 - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 2:58 pm

Miss Gillespie, what show was that?
Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   Final Quest #12 - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 4:33 pm

Final Quest #12 - Page 2 Alfredjodocuskwak_logo

Final Quest #12 - Page 2 Santa_10Final Quest #12 - Page 2 Downlo23Final Quest #12 - Page 2 Av_cut10Final Quest #12 - Page 2 2020_k13
Compliments go to Embala for bringing a British cat and an American dog together via Photoshop!
chibi cutter compliments of katcombs!
Cutter egg 2018 from Embala
Back to top Go down
Nibblet

Nibblet

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   Final Quest #12 - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 4:42 pm

Totally thought those "ducks" were baseball caps with eyes. WTF... Shocked

Final Quest #12 - Page 2 Ba_nib10

Zebbed as the First Lady of Naughtyniceness!
Cast as Petalwing in the EQ Forums Movie
Dubbed Google Queen by Kindredsoul
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   Final Quest #12 - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 2:22 pm

Redhead Ember wrote:

You mean Vaya, right?

Yeah, I meant Vaya. Ooops.

Final Quest #12 - Page 2 Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   Final Quest #12 - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Lunakat wrote:

Crazy guess-- whatever Timmain tells Cutter is something that Winnowil found out by contemplating egg. I bet that Nightfall and Redlance go to find Rayek so that they can quiz Winnowil on what she knows. That's my one random guess.

Hopefully more elves show up than just silent guy. Otherwise, this was a lot of effort on Sunstream's part for very little pay off.

End guesses.

I like the possibility of Timmain telling Cutter something that Winnie knew about....and I like the speculation that Nightfall/Redlance are going to try to find out.

And yes, more elves had better show up. It's pretty ridiculous to put all that time into prepping Sunstream to have one elf show up. So weird.

What do they say? Trust the story, never the storyteller? At this point I'm really not sure about either one.

Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   Final Quest #12 - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 2:40 pm

Zadzi wrote:
And yes, more elves had better show up. It's pretty ridiculous to put all that time into prepping Sunstream to have one elf show up. So weird.

The Go-Backs also showed up. Sure, they are a known group, but the individuals (other than Venka) are all new.

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   Final Quest #12 - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 3:21 pm

Why not go to the Star Home? Combine your Fire-startes, Rock-shapers, Water-shapers, Tree-shapers and etc, and you can probably terraform it back.
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   Final Quest #12 - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 4:21 pm

Redhead Ember wrote:

The Go-Backs also showed up. Sure, they are a known group, but the individuals (other than Venka) are all new.

I know, but it's not like they need a red carpet rolled out for them in the form of a special call, right? They can easily be called if they're part of the Go Backs...I don't know. I just want more new characters and to really get to know them!! bounce bounce bounce bounce Very Happy

I'd be a little more annoyed if the tree elves don't get explored. They're just way too intriguing to dangle like that and then not say more about them. Even if they're regarding the call as a nuisance .... and maybe they are because it's their nature to stay hidden....why? I would love a different, new storyline, I guess, because I've become very impatient with this one.

Back to top Go down
Sifra

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   Final Quest #12 - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 5:05 pm

Lunakat wrote:
Maybe Timmain is about to tell Cutter that the elves have been approached by the United Federation of Planets, and, as is turns out, are distant relations of Vulcans? Or... that the other High Ones have finally contacted them.. that they formed an intergalactic society... and that a small group of rebels is now engaged in a battle against the Empire... and that Rayek is a Jedi and Ekuar's soul name is Yoda.

Laughing

Final Quest #12 - Page 2 Dart_kimo_banner_by_janaweijers-db45ba7
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   Final Quest #12 - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 1:20 am

When Wendy first showed this image, she asked "what's missing?" The only thing I can say for sure is missing is his vest. But what would be the significance of that?

Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   Final Quest #12 - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 1:21 am

It could also be New Moon. Which means, by extension, the key to that armory. But the elves already took the weapons for the war... so what would be the big deal?

Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   Final Quest #12 - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 2:00 am

Lunakat wrote:
When Wendy first showed this image, she asked "what's missing?"

A cohesive storyline?

(Sorry, couldn't resist)
Back to top Go down
kathleen3.0

kathleen3.0

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   Final Quest #12 - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 2:06 am

Miss Gillespie wrote:
Lunakat wrote:
When Wendy first showed this image, she asked "what's missing?"

A cohesive storyline?

(Sorry, couldn't resist)

Consistent character development that makes sense and follows a logical pattern based on past behaviour?
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   Final Quest #12 - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 7:21 am

The blurb on the EQ FB says something about discovering what you really are and how that knowledge can be so counter to what you believed, it freaks you out.

Maybe he's discovered he's the reincarnation of Adya. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   Final Quest #12 - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 7:50 am

Do elves do reincarnation?

manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   Final Quest #12 - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 10:10 am

The original "Recognition Special" sure looked like that's what it was leading up to.

And it's one possible explanation for Haken's line about "Our kind does not die. We build new vessels to house our spirits." (I have wondered for awhile if Recognition is less about a eugenic "best possible" offspring and more about some spirit saying, "Hey, you two would make a body I'd like to have. So get to it!")
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   Final Quest #12 - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 11:57 am

But wouldn't the elves know that already then? Considering that they can communicate with the dead?

And if they did know that, why would Ember and her people have needed Leninhumanguywhatshisname to explain his beliefs about reincarnation to them? Didn't they say they thought the concept to be strange?

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #12   Final Quest #12 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Final Quest #12
Page 2 of 28Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 28  Next