Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini 

Go down 
+12
Embala
faeriegirl
manga
Davrille
Miss Gillespie
Josine
Blackbird
Vaeri
Paranthropus
Nibblet
howler monkey
kathleen3.0
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Davrille

Davrille

Virgo Horse

The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini    The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini  - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 04, 2015 12:52 pm

I couldn't pledge at all. Money was/is far too tight at the moment.

I can, however, save up for the books. so I'm glad they're being spaced out!
Back to top Go down
Blackbird

Blackbird

Aquarius Tiger

The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini    The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini  - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 3:41 pm

So sad to miss out on the deluxe editions, but I can't even imagine what the shipping would be for all 3 of them

Josine

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini    The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini  - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 25, 2015 2:11 pm

I'd kill for that Leetah poster but I discovered the kickstarter 1 day too late... And I don't live in the US so I'm kinda anxious to buy something that needs to be shipped so far away.

http://zinegirl.deviantart.com/art/ElfQuest-Family-Tree-SPOILERS
Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini    The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini  - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 8:17 am

Zinegirl wrote:
I'd kill for that Leetah poster but I discovered the kickstarter 1 day too late... And I don't live in the US so I'm kinda anxious to buy something that needs to be shipped so far away.

You can get the standard edition on amazon Wink

jaRf

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini    The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini  - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 3:02 pm

Zinegirl wrote:

I ... needed to spend some of the little money I had (don't ask, this is a specific problem with the laws in my country) so I went and backed this project. Even though I wasn't fine with the sudden closure of the forums at elfquest.com. Anyway - the shipment cost is horrible. It was about the same amount I spent for the three books; making it 2 x 150 Euros. Ouch!
I dearly hope it'll be worth it.

Last edited by jaRf on Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:04 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Back to top Go down
faeriegirl

faeriegirl

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini    The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 4:57 pm

Originally I wasn't going to back this project because of the ridiculous shipping charges...

but then they reached the coloring book stretch goal. And I recently have gotten hooked on the coloring 'hype'... so I ended up backing for only Art of EQ.

FYI; assuming the book is big and up to like 2kilo's, I tried to find the "actual" shipping costs to figure out if it was worth it to have it shipped to a fellow fan in the US who could then ship it to me... the cost I found were around or even above the $48 for the Kickstarter so I just went for direct-to-myself shipping.

manga

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini    The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 4:59 pm

Has anyone's arrived yet? I thought they were sent out in mid-December.
Back to top Go down
faeriegirl

faeriegirl

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini    The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 6:15 pm

I think in the Facebook group there were 1 or 2 people who got theirs.

I posted there earlier this week wondering about the same thing - and got loads of comments that basically nobody had gotten theirs yet XD

*edit* found the post here.

manga

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini    The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 7:39 pm

Ah, I must have misremembered the email I got.
Back to top Go down
Davrille

Davrille

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini    The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 1:08 am

I ordered mine (The Art of Elfquest) from amazon.com on the 31st. It arrived yesterday -- just found it on the porch tonight.

It's gorgeous.
Back to top Go down
jaRf

jaRf

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini    The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 7:04 am

I'll see when it arrives. Interantional shipment takes some more time and then there are the ***** customs. Delay and even more payments. They love to put customs also on the shipping cost (which is ridiculous) and then add the final tax upon everything.
I would dearly hate it if important communication went via facebook. Some things you can't even read without being a member there - but even if you aren't a member this mafia knows about you. Because other people are sloppy and have their inbox parsed by FB for all sorts of possible social connections. So FB probably has my real name, email(s), phone numbers and so on, even though I never opted in, but now I can't even read the messages about possible delays. Awesome.
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini    The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 8:35 am

I don't think they've been communicating via FB. They may post there also but my information has come via Kickstarter emails.
Back to top Go down
faeriegirl

faeriegirl

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini    The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini  - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 6:01 pm

Yeah, info comes via emails.
It is shared on FB too, sure... but it comes via emails first.

jaRf

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini    The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini  - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 11:50 am

Yep, I got word by email that the int. shipment is starting soon. Looking forward to the customs. (They even don't inform you anymore, the postman just suddenly stands there and expects you to have to money ready - cash and the right amount incl. cents. They rarely have change and you can't pay by card. Sweetness.
Anyway, I hope the books will be worth it.
Back to top Go down
Tam

Tam

Leo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini    The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 12:45 am

I got mine today. Deluxe version of The Art of Elfquest. It kind of reminds me of the Big Elfquest Gatherum, but with more pictures and fewer words. There's a lot of..."this is what was going on when we did this image, and here's the next one from this era," sort of stuff, which is interesting. The book itself is lovely, the quality's good, and I got a great number: 369.

The coloring book is a bit of a let down. I'm hoping that if we pester Dark Horse enough, we'll get a better one. It's not BAD, but...many of the images aren't appropriate for coloring. They're too dark, too shaded, they're not like...straight line work like one is often used to in coloring books. But aside from that, the paper is thick, I don't think there will be any problems with bleed-through. The best part is that because my expectations were not met, I'm not so afraid to actually color in it. *laughs*
Back to top Go down
http://oakleafholt.boards.net
faeriegirl

faeriegirl

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini    The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 4:11 am

I haven't received mine yet.
That said, I have seen colored images appearing on the FB group from the coloring book.
Gotta admit, it seems to me like a let down. As far as I've been able to see, they've simply gathered old black&white art from much-loved scenes and enlarged them to full-size.
There might be new stuff in there... but I haven't seen it so far.

Stargazer

Cancer Cat

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini    The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 8:40 am

I wasn't willing to pay the outrageous shipping - I bought mine from the Book Depository. Probably slightly more expensive for the book, but free international postage so it worked out cheaper anyway. I can live without a limited edition or a colouring book. It arrived today and it's a very nice book. Not much I hadn't seen before, but nice to have it all in one volume and the quality is very high so I'm pleased I bought it.
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini    The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 2:05 pm

@Stargazer Which book / edition exactly have you ordered, Stargazer? I'd like to try to get it via my comic shop.

Stargazer

Stargazer

Cancer Cat

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini    The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 8:59 pm

Embala, it's this one - Book Depository Art of Elfquest . As far as I can tell it's just the standard edition, no bells and whistles, but it's a lovely book anyway.
Back to top Go down
Tam

Tam

Leo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini    The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini  - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 1:26 am

faeriegirl wrote:
I haven't received mine yet.
That said, I have seen colored images appearing on the FB group from the coloring book.
Gotta admit, it seems to me like a let down. As far as I've been able to see, they've simply gathered old black&white art from much-loved scenes and enlarged them to full-size.
There might be new stuff in there... but I haven't seen it so far.

There is one new image, and that's the one on the front page. There's a black and white version on the last page of the book for coloring. Everything else is either old stuff we've seen before, or old stuff that was never released to the public and is making a debut in the book.
Back to top Go down
http://oakleafholt.boards.net
jaRf

jaRf

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini    The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini  - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 1:32 pm

I got mine today, finally, after I could already watch other people unbox it. Well, at least that unboxing was actually cute with Ember & Teir. (Even though I had to visit facebook for the text to the pictures *makes grumpycatface*.)

"The art of Elfquest" came in some wrappings along with a colouring book. The latter is fine but maybe contains a bit too much black ink, I mean, especially the larger areas. It's not all lines but also areas (e.g. shady areas, dark hair) and I wonder how someone would try to colour that.

The main book is quite heavy, the print seems to be of good quality. Just flipped through yet, but it looks decent. Main cover is that image they iirc. had when the movie was a new topic. Finally in large resolution now, amd Rayek looks like a demon from hell (a bit defamatory in my eyes) - still he manages to look good. Razz
I also was kinda fond of page 293 (up left) (heheh), though most art is already know - especially if you know the webisite and the EQ Gatherum. There are some new things (or at least I did not spot them yet in my collection) and concept sketches, some also for merchandise and so on. But then, I just barely flipped though the pages.
I'd say it's worth the price - but combined with the shipment to foreign countries is quite a punch in the purse as we say; especially if you opted for all three books.
Back to top Go down
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini    The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 23, 2017 8:46 pm

Has anyone seen a copy of the newest collection of art?

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini    The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 23, 2017 9:07 pm

I've ordered "Line of Beauty" at my comic shop, Trollbabe. Might get it in the beginning of July.

I apologize for the very belated reply, Stargazer. Your link was very helpful. I got mine and I'm very happy with it! Very Happy

Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini    The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 23, 2017 9:16 pm

Thank you, Embala!

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini    The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 23, 2017 9:24 pm

You're welcome. Smile
In case you are interested I'll tell you more as soon as I have it, Trollbabe.

This thread made me realize that I'm missing "Elfquest: The Art of the Story" ... comic shop will hopefully be able to help.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini    The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Art of Elfquest, Elfquest: The Art of the Story, and Line of Beauty: The Art of Wendy Pini 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next