HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Winno-wicked, er, Winnowill 3.0

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Winno-wicked, er, Winnowill 3.0   Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:34 pm

Winno-wicked, er, Winnowill 2.0 ... this was Winnowill's thread, opened by Multimedea, on the original Scroll of Colors. Follow old discussions and see fanart from earlier times.

Visit Winnowill's bio page on Elfquest.com. #8 found

Indem du etwas tust, das dir oder jemand anderem gefällt, erschaffst du bereits einen Wert.

Last edited by Embala on Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:48 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Winno-wicked, er, Winnowill 3.0   Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:49 pm

Thanks for listing these, Embala! That's quite a feat Very Happy

Are we continuing the convo?
Because man o man am I sick of Winnowill.
Will she change ? Besides just becoming more evil? I doubt it, but I really hope so.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Winno-wicked, er, Winnowill 3.0   Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:03 am

'Character Bio':

Winnowill (f)  Winnie Evil  Winnowill

Deceased – immortal
Mother of Two-Edge
Lovemate of Voll, Smelt, Rayek and Grohmul Djun

Last edited by Redhead Ember on Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Winno-wicked, er, Winnowill 3.0   Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:43 pm

Ergh, I just hope her soul gets torn apart. She doesn't want to be healed or redeemed. I don't think she'd get much out of being healed. Heck she might just break all over again if she's allowed to feel guilty over what she's done.

'We're all broken, in different ways, in varying degrees.'
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Winno-wicked, er, Winnowill 3.0   Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:20 am

I don't think making her feel guilty would be healing her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Winno-wicked, er, Winnowill 3.0   Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:48 pm

#5 found

But she'll probably feel guilty once she's healed - and realizes how much harm she had caused!

Indem du etwas tust, das dir oder jemand anderem gefällt, erschaffst du bereits einen Wert.

Last edited by Embala on Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:03 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Winno-wicked, er, Winnowill 3.0   Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:01 pm

The way I see it, an important part of healing her would be to tell her that Yes! What you did was wrong! But it's a thing of the past. It's over.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Winno-wicked, er, Winnowill 3.0   Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:39 pm

@Embala wrote:
But she'll probably feel guilty once she's healed - and realzes how much harm she had caused!
That's what I was thinking. I'd assume feeling guilt is a natural part of the process.

'We're all broken, in different ways, in varying degrees.'
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Evil Evie

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Winno-wicked, er, Winnowill 3.0   Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:11 pm

As a Christian I believe that someday I'll stand before the throne of God. More or less, (I'm just sorta brushing the surface for a point) as I stand their I will be made to feel the remorse for all the things I have done wrong. Afterwards all tears are wiped away.

this is why I think Winnowill's healing could be accomplished, especially considering the healing powers of the palace. I don't think it would have worked if Leetah alone had tried to heal her though.

PostSubject: Re: Winno-wicked, er, Winnowill 3.0   Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:08 am

Do you think Winnowill's "evil-ness" is due to illness or due to her conscious choices?

Evil Evie

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Winno-wicked, er, Winnowill 3.0   Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:04 am

Her conscious choices. She causes little accidents to keep herself sane much like someone who has a drink to calm their nerves. She tried to quit and then ran into smelt and finally turned her powers on him. It says that smelt remembered his mission, so weather winnowill at first might have trying to protect herself or if she intended him harm from the Start I don't know. Either way I think she broke here and succumbed to her powers after that, (alcoholism). I still think she had some choice but didn't want to see it. The illness kind of really took over here and she grew to like her new self except when she is made to see what she truly is. Not an easy question or answer.

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Winno-wicked, er, Winnowill 3.0   Fri May 18, 2018 7:51 am

I would love to read about Winnowill's childhood, teenage years and her adult life before turning 'mad' and corrupted. Maybe with hints in her personality to become the person she will later be.

- Galatians 5:22

The kingdom of God is within you.
                                                                                   - Luke 17:21
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.die-wandfee.jimdo.com
jabberwookie

Aquarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Winno-wicked, er, Winnowill 3.0   Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:29 pm

I've always thought Winnowill was an interesting bad guy, purely because she does have (if very rare) moments of clarity and compassion to clash with what she is the rest of the time. I also thought it was interesting that not only did she not seem to want to be healed, but she was actually afraid of it. It suggests a lot more is going on beyond the surface of the character that we can't see.

I like that, plot wise, they almost have to find a way to heal her, or accept the risk that she will always remain a problem, since as far as we know, you can't destroy an elf's spirit. It brings up some interesting moral questions. How do you forgive the unforgivable? How do you go about healing that which doesn't want to be healed?

I also feel like maybe conscious choice and that kind of 'soul sickness' can go hand in hand and aren't always separate from the other. If I were to throw in some psychology here, I'd almost say that maybe she's projecting, and all her hatred and contempt for the rest of the world is hatred for herself. You can't love another if you can't love yourself, after all. I think that's part of why she was so afraid when they tried to heal her on the Blue Mountain. There was that moment of vulnerability there, and it made her face the truth of herself. She really didn't like that truth.

Anyway, that's my two cents.

Always looking for Roleplayers! Find me on Discord: krepta#5707
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://farandaway.jcink.net/index.php
Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Winno-wicked, er, Winnowill 3.0   Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:14 pm

Interesting analysis, jabberwookie!

And you've pointed out the time when Winnowill was most interesting. BEFORE she turned into a cardboard villian.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Winno-wicked, er, Winnowill 3.0   Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:38 am

I love this analysis of yours, jabberwookie! Many 'aha-moments'. It makes so much sense that she's projecting!

I think she is one of the most interesting villains out there. She has a long, hurtful, ill-fated past. Fighted many battles. Became 'incurable' yet tried so desperately to 'win her games' no matter what.

Rayek didn't give up on her though. The only one left who wants her to be cured and convince her hat she IS loveable. No matter what she did. No matter what she became because of hatred. However knowing Rayek's character I wonder if he loves her because of herself or her power...his personality is also very special. You gotta love or hate him. Like Winnowill.

- Galatians 5:22

The kingdom of God is within you.
                                                                                   - Luke 17:21
Back to top Go down
jabberwookie

Aquarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Winno-wicked, er, Winnowill 3.0   Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:36 pm

Hah! Rayek is certainly something! I think he at least thinks he loves her, but as for really, truly loving her, I'm not sure. He's got a pretty rocky past himself, and sometimes I wonder if he's not trying to somehow redeem himself through somehow redeeming her.

He's probably one of the only ones who can and is willing to contain her, so the point is probably moot anyway, but he's got some serious control issues, that one, and I never really thought it was good for her healing process. I think sometimes that's the real reason he hated Cutter and his lot for a long while. They were one of the only things in his life he couldn't control-- they were wild and didn't play by the rules, and they busted up his illusion that he was ever in control at all (multiple times, hah).

Always looking for Roleplayers! Find me on Discord: krepta#5707
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://farandaway.jcink.net/index.php
Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Winno-wicked, er, Winnowill 3.0   Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:13 am

That's some great insight into Rayek's edgy personality. Thank you for the analysis, Jabberwookie.

It's true but also think he matured very much throughout the series. I assume he's not only thinking he is loving Winnowill but - in his way - genuinely loving her. He endures much pain to contain her. Yet he didn't become all weak and whiney because of it. I'm glad about that... because if so, he wouldn't RAYEK anymore, would he? Very Happy

Guess Winnowill will never love him back. Their personalities don't fit well in my opinion. I liked the old Winnowill/Voll love couple. When Winnowill was still not badass-super-villain-crazy and had sweet flowers in her hair in Blue Mountain...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Winno-wicked, er, Winnowill 3.0   

Back to top Go down

Winno-wicked, er, Winnowill 3.0
Page 1 of 1