Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A thread for Dodia and No-Name

Go down 
+4
Shadowpath
Sifra
Embala
LurkingCat
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

A thread for Dodia and No-Name Empty
PostSubject: A thread for Dodia and No-Name   A thread for Dodia and No-Name EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 7:19 pm

A thread for Dodia and No-Name ... this was Dodia's and No-Name's thread, opened by Songflower, on the original Scroll of Colors. Follow old discussions and see fanart from earlier times.

Visit Dodia's bio page and Harotim's bio page (former No-name) on Elfquest.com.

Last edited by Embala on Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:36 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: A thread for Dodia and No-Name   A thread for Dodia and No-Name EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 8:57 am

'Character Bios':

Dodia (f)

Alive (leaving) – immortal
Recognized of Ekolin
Mother of Harotim
Student of Dart

Harotim (m)

Alive (leaving) – immortal
Son of Ekolin and Dodia

Last edited by Redhead Ember on Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:45 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
LurkingCat

LurkingCat

PostSubject: Re: A thread for Dodia and No-Name   A thread for Dodia and No-Name EmptyThu Jan 05, 2017 8:35 am

Dodia has her own character page now: http://elfquest.com/dodia/

(BTW: Also a bunch of other jackwolf riders, sunvillage rockshapers and go-backs got one at the same time... might they become important for Final Quest?)

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: A thread for Dodia and No-Name   A thread for Dodia and No-Name EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 9:27 am

Thanks for the heads up, LurkingCat!

I hope we will learn more about the true fate of Dodia and her (possible) child as Door and Chot show up again.

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: A thread for Dodia and No-Name   A thread for Dodia and No-Name EmptyThu May 11, 2017 5:19 am

BTW, am I the only one who loves Dodia's response to the whole unwanted Recognition thing?
"Better get this done with, then I can always bash in his head later."

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: A thread for Dodia and No-Name   A thread for Dodia and No-Name EmptyThu May 11, 2017 6:30 pm

Weeeeeell ... it was not exactly like this, was it? XD

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: A thread for Dodia and No-Name   A thread for Dodia and No-Name EmptyFri May 12, 2017 4:12 am

Okay, she might now have planned the bash his head in from the beginning. But what stroke me when I read the story was how quickly she accepted the whole thing, unlike Dewshine. Of course Dodia was significantly older than Dewshine was, and might also have heard from Dewshine herself of terrible trying to fight Recognition is.

Back to top Go down
Sifra

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: A thread for Dodia and No-Name   A thread for Dodia and No-Name EmptySat May 13, 2017 11:13 am

I always thought she was in some kind of a shock and let everything just wash over her, then suddenly she "woke up", realised what had happened and what was going on and responded by bashing his head in.

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: A thread for Dodia and No-Name   A thread for Dodia and No-Name EmptySat May 13, 2017 12:29 pm

I thought it was part of some kind of 'This is my mate and must obey and follow him on all matters'-brainwashing that comes with Recognition.

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: A thread for Dodia and No-Name   A thread for Dodia and No-Name EmptySat May 13, 2017 1:29 pm

In this case Recognition is doing it wrong - too many fails.
Leeath.
Dewshine.
Tyleet. Yes,I include her here!
Ember.
Not exactly the obedient mesmerized reaction.
Others were long time lovemates/lifemates when it happened - for them it was a case of getting even closer.

I tend to Sifra's view on it - overwhelmed and anxious and without a true option. Maybe spiced with some hope that Recognition will know and things might turn out well. And within a short time - not obedient at all! Opting for an instant divorce - an ultimate one.

Last edited by Embala on Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:03 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: A thread for Dodia and No-Name   A thread for Dodia and No-Name EmptySat May 13, 2017 2:55 pm

She might have known - from conversations with Dewshine - that the only way to get out of the situation was the get it done with.

Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: A thread for Dodia and No-Name   A thread for Dodia and No-Name EmptyFri Aug 25, 2017 3:44 pm

Here is Harotim's bio page.

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: A thread for Dodia and No-Name   A thread for Dodia and No-Name EmptyFri Aug 25, 2017 5:39 pm

Thanks, Redhead Ember - Updated!

I sholud make Harotim my elf Wink ... he's a jewel shaper and I do my best to shape jewelry my way.

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: A thread for Dodia and No-Name   A thread for Dodia and No-Name EmptySat Aug 26, 2017 9:35 am

Is it possible Harotim might be the only elf to have been born in the Palace?

Back to top Go down
Prism

Prism

PostSubject: Re: A thread for Dodia and No-Name   A thread for Dodia and No-Name EmptySun Sep 10, 2017 3:08 pm

High One Dodia looks so off. Stiff,plastic,obviously weaved hair,like an elfin Kardashian. Far cry,from what she looked like before.
Back to top Go down
Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: A thread for Dodia and No-Name   A thread for Dodia and No-Name EmptyMon Sep 11, 2017 4:36 am

In Ancient Egypt, there was a certain "wife supporting husband" style for statues.  
A thread for Dodia and No-Name 79832010A thread for Dodia and No-Name Unbena10

The picture of Dodia and her son reminds me of this style. But while this style works for Egyptian statues, it doesn't for Elfquest.

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: A thread for Dodia and No-Name   A thread for Dodia and No-Name EmptyMon Sep 11, 2017 6:40 am

Miss Gillespie wrote:
In Ancient Egypt, there was a certain "wife supporting husband" style for statues.  
A thread for Dodia and No-Name 79832010A thread for Dodia and No-Name Unbena10

The picture of Dodia and her son reminds me of this style. But while this style works for Egyptian statues, it doesn't for Elfquest.
I'm Egyptian and I really don't like this reference (not because it's your fault or anything), though I know what you mean. Elfquest can try to be Egyptian but it's got a long goddamn way to go. They can dabble all they want, but it's not remotely reminiscent of Egyptian to me. It's just fruitcake. I don't like fruitcake. Amarna art, which came along later, along with Akhnaten, gave more details . The old artwork in egypt was stagnant before then because it was just representative. I think I understand what you mean with the poses. But this shit is lazy. But then,I consider early Egyptian art lazy as well LOL. It's before they got into the amarna period and learned more about anatomy.
Wendy once said the Sunfolk were a bit of everything, including Egyptian. I'm not sure she's even been there! And I don't see it at all. I can see Nubian, possibly , and yes was part of Egyptian history. But it's not purely Egyptian. The Nubians have their own culture. Savah has always looked Nubian to me (except ... in color LOL...) .
I know I'm being a bit of a pain in the ass in regards to this, but it gets on my nerves (art wise, not comment-wise) because I don't like the concept of the culture I came from fetishized, even though it is, like, constantly.
I do find the artwork is lovely, but kind of like... wanting to be something else. And that's the problem. I was always gorgeous when she didn't seem to be thinking about it too much, or very self conscious. But now, it's self conscious and weird. I miss the days when art just kinda flowed.

A thread for Dodia and No-Name Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: A thread for Dodia and No-Name   A thread for Dodia and No-Name EmptyMon Sep 11, 2017 1:57 pm

I don't think Wendy actually had that kind of art style in mind when she concocted the Dodia scene, that's a reference I made in my head, but it has no basis. The Sunfolk, in most cases look more like faux pre-Columbian "South North Americans" (no idea what might be the correct term).

Maybe you noticed, that I get on everyone's case, who says, that certain things in EQ are "Asian". While I'm not Asian myself, I lived in China for several years by now, speak Chinese (as in really speaking, not just dabbling with easy sentences) and sometimes Chinese jokingly call me "half Chinese", so close enough. My point is, things in EQ, that are supposedly Asian* don't come across as Asian to me and neither do they to Asians (unless they are trained to see the hints)... I think Leetah's father, with his staff and his head-garment, might look Egyptian for some, but that's because he looks like a typical representation of Egyptians in movies (think ten commandments), not because he looks like the real thing.

I think understand your feelings about the vulgarisation about your culture, as if Egyptian culture was basically only too much eyeliner, gold bangles and cats

*yeah, there is more to Asia than China and Japan, but do we really assume, that Wendy would be so out-of-the-box to go for Laotian or Philippine culture as an "Asian reference"

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: A thread for Dodia and No-Name   A thread for Dodia and No-Name EmptyWed Sep 13, 2017 2:20 pm

Harotim. I think I know now what looked so strangly familiar to me. He reminds me of Ahnshen how we saw him the first time ... in those few pages of the "Moonshade" prelude.

I don't know even why ...

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A thread for Dodia and No-Name   A thread for Dodia and No-Name Empty

Back to top Go down

A thread for Dodia and No-Name
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Father Tree Holt :: Keeping In Character-
Jump to: