Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Jethel - protector of the Forevergreen

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Startear

Startear

Aquarius Goat

00 - Jethel - protector of the Forevergreen Empty
PostSubject: Jethel - protector of the Forevergreen   00 - Jethel - protector of the Forevergreen EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 3:04 pm

Also known as Fire-Eye by the Port of Passage, Jethel went from someone eager to prove himself, to protect the vast Forevergreen and even adopted some human children in the meanwhile. Hence he named the Graphic Novel. As far as we know he, Chot and possibly No-Name are having a tea party with Wanderer!

Or maybe not, as we don't know how much is canon of Fire-Eye, but he even got his own Graphic Novel, which is quite something! Even if it was drawn by Barry Blair. So let's give it up for him!

Thanks to Embala for the lovely banner! The quote belongs to Scooter.
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Jethel - protector of the Forevergreen   00 - Jethel - protector of the Forevergreen EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 4:39 pm

Jethel, jackwolf rider, enemy of Ahn-Li, Fire-Eye, and protector of the Forevergreen ... this was Jethel's thread, opened by Startear, on the original Scroll of Colors. Follow old discussions and see fanart from earlier times.

Visit Jethel's bio page on Elfquest.com.

Startear

Startear

Aquarius Goat

PostSubject: Re: Jethel - protector of the Forevergreen   00 - Jethel - protector of the Forevergreen EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 6:34 pm

I thought the previous title was a tad long, so I changed it to a bit shorter, yet still accurate! (Even though he says he isn't a protector, haha!)

Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Jethel - protector of the Forevergreen   00 - Jethel - protector of the Forevergreen EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 3:33 am

I kinda hope he'll turn up again, but considering that Wendy has said that she wouldn't mind if he, and Chot, got eaten by crocs I guess we shouldn't get our hopes too high.
Besides; I'm not even sure they'd actually answer the Call. They didn't go with the Palace when it was basically right over their heads.

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil

Last edited by Redhead Ember on Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:03 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Startear

Startear

Aquarius Goat

PostSubject: Re: Jethel - protector of the Forevergreen   00 - Jethel - protector of the Forevergreen EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 9:06 am

Yeah, I wasn't too thrilled about that comment. Not only because hey, Chot is my favorite, and I actually did like Fire-Eye graphic novel. It was sweet. Of course Wendy may like whoever she pleases, or voice how frustrating they are to work with! It just left a bad taste in my mouth

As for not answering the Palace the first time, we must remember that they were needed for Fire-Eye. Skywise Wink That being said, it makes sense that Chot didn't answer. But why not Jethel? He was trapped by humans. Why didn't he send for help when Suntop sent for them? Or if he was afraid to bring the Palace too close to the humans, why not after he escaped into the Forevergreen?

And I could definitely see them go; Sending Hey Suntop! We are in the Forevergreen, we found Dodia's cub, and we would like to get out of here now!" Sending

Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Jethel - protector of the Forevergreen   00 - Jethel - protector of the Forevergreen EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 1:08 pm

Unless of course it is as Richard posted, and Dodia is already safe in the Palace with her cub and has been so since the end of 'Shards', where she was actually seen among those being picked up from the Forevergreen.

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sorandril [BANNED]

Sorandril [BANNED]

Aquarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Jethel - protector of the Forevergreen   00 - Jethel - protector of the Forevergreen EmptyFri Apr 24, 2020 10:09 pm

I just realized the major problem in attempting to retcon Jethel out of existence.

Who else taught Sunstream to do -this-?

(Never mind that this was triggered by just being in the pool, and the absolute irony of what just happened to me)

00 - Jethel - protector of the Forevergreen A1e9d010
Back to top Go down
Sorandril [BANNED]

Sorandril [BANNED]

Aquarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Jethel - protector of the Forevergreen   00 - Jethel - protector of the Forevergreen EmptyMon Apr 27, 2020 4:21 pm

Sadly, Wendys words give me the distinct image of Jethel being in the iconic scene from "Platoon" where dude misses the evac....
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Jethel - protector of the Forevergreen   00 - Jethel - protector of the Forevergreen EmptyMon Apr 27, 2020 4:44 pm

missing the evac - sums it up, I guess 00 - Jethel - protector of the Forevergreen _00_je10#00 found

Last edited by Embala on Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:36 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sorandril [BANNED]

Sorandril [BANNED]

Aquarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Jethel - protector of the Forevergreen   00 - Jethel - protector of the Forevergreen EmptyMon Apr 27, 2020 5:03 pm

Fun fact: Best friend actually is a swim instructor and just plain fits the profile
Back to top Go down
Sorandril [BANNED]

Sorandril [BANNED]

Aquarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Jethel - protector of the Forevergreen   00 - Jethel - protector of the Forevergreen EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 4:48 pm

http://www.elfquestfanart.com/index.php?action=media;sa=item;in=4932sort=4

So i had to do some thinking: is there any archetype anywhere correlating to my best friend? Because i can tell you for certain he exists.

Well... we found him. See below picture.

(Dude even calls himself "The Fox")

Now what the dingus artist did with this archetype is a whole nother problem, but yep, Jethel is supposed to be The Fox. Or whatever his name was, to me Jethel does NOT sound right much like Ruffel didnt.

Strangely enough, eye color is correct.

00 - Jethel - protector of the Forevergreen Maxres10
Back to top Go down
Startear

Startear

Aquarius Goat

PostSubject: Re: Jethel - protector of the Forevergreen   00 - Jethel - protector of the Forevergreen EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 7:13 pm

Speaking of our beloved militant tree-hugger, I actually made fanart of him back in November, trying to figure out watercolors. Always loved the name Fire-Eye! It is so evocative. Too bad Warp never did anything about it.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f96/19/92/16/68/fire-e10.jpg

Back to top Go down
Startear

Startear

Aquarius Goat

PostSubject: Re: Jethel - protector of the Forevergreen   00 - Jethel - protector of the Forevergreen EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 7:17 pm

Startear wrote:
Speaking of our beloved militant tree-hugger, I actually made fanart of him back in November, trying to figure out watercolors. Always loved the name Fire-Eye! It is so evocative. Too bad Warp never did anything about it.

Whoops, my bad. The site didn't allow me to edit, so sorry about the clunky double-post.  

00 - Jethel - protector of the Forevergreen Fire-e10

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Jethel - protector of the Forevergreen   00 - Jethel - protector of the Forevergreen EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 7:45 pm

Jethel gets lots of love. Very Happy

You've totally developed and improved your own style, Startear. Strong and expressive!

Sorandril [BANNED]

Sorandril [BANNED]

Aquarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Jethel - protector of the Forevergreen   00 - Jethel - protector of the Forevergreen EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 8:56 pm

Good. I was hoping, given his correspondence up there, that BB hadnt managed to irreversibly taint the character with his apparent fetish for young elfin magic-users... (thats something that sounds alarms all the way off in Arvandor)

Its sad that it all got taken out on Jethel especially since Wendy SHOULD know of this link to LPP.... would probably WaRP her mind if i brought my friend to meet her.

Totally possible that she saw him instead as a sort of predatory attack on poor Suntop because of the circumstances.

Which brings up the question of whether dude is in fact, -teal- and Barry got the eye color wrong again.

The funny part is?

Going his own way is totally in character!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jethel - protector of the Forevergreen   00 - Jethel - protector of the Forevergreen Empty

Back to top Go down

Jethel - protector of the Forevergreen
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Father Tree Holt :: Keeping In Character-
Jump to: