Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Clearbrook's daughter

Go down 
+6
G0lden
Zadzi
Embala
Miss Gillespie
Sifra
wingthing
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

Clearbrook's daughter Empty
PostSubject: Clearbrook's daughter   Clearbrook's daughter EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 5:55 pm

Clearbrook's daughter ... this a thread for Clearbook's unknown daughter, opened by Prism, on the original Scroll of Colors. Follow old discussions and see fanart from earlier times.

Clearbrook's daughter has no bio page on Elfquest.com.

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Clearbrook's daughter   Clearbrook's daughter EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 11:18 am

Here's my 'Character Bio' for Clearbrook's daughter. Pardon the rather lame "placeholder name"...

“Daughter” (f)

Deceased – mortal
Daughter of One-Eye and Clearbrook
Sister of Scouter
Granddaughter of Owl
Niece of Longbranch
Cousin of Nightfall
Aunt of Pool
Adoptive aunt of Windkin

Last edited by Redhead Ember on Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:57 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Clearbrook's daughter   Clearbrook's daughter EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 2:05 pm

So I wasn't imagining that Clearbrook had a daughter.  Thanks!

I am going to speculate that she didn't die in any remarkable way.  Rain was not a powerful healer, and we don't know how if he had his healing powers when Clearbrook's daughter died.  It could have been accidental, like Rillfisher, or illness (Cutter almost died from an infected bite), or infant mortality, like Cheipar.

In Final Quest #10 (I haven't read 11 yet), Clearbrook is still exhibiting signs of resentment because of One-Eye's death.  Yet I haven't noticed her exhibit any outrage over her daughter's death.

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Clearbrook's daughter   Clearbrook's daughter EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 3:19 am

I think there were probably several early - and by "early" I mean all the way up to Bearclaw's time - Wolfriders who died rather unremarkably.

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: Clearbrook's daughter   Clearbrook's daughter EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 5:11 am

And there were never any unremarkable deaths when no healer whatsoever was around during KoTBW :/

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Clearbrook's daughter   Clearbrook's daughter EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 2:28 pm

Cheipar. Sad

Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Clearbrook's daughter   Clearbrook's daughter EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 2:57 pm

Chepair , yes. It's also implied (by Krim?) that maybe 'there is something to recognition', indicating she wasn't sure if his frailty was because he wasn't born of recognition. A healer would've definitely helped, though.

Hidden Years also showed how possibly Strongbow might've died from the foaming sickness had it not been for the trolls/Old Maggoty. Hell, Cutter almost died if it wasn't for the trolls either. Old Maggoty was THE healer by the looks of it during that time, something which certainly was unheard of during Bearclaw's reign.

In general, I think the elves spent the time (before going into wrapstuff) completely avoiding humans in a way maybe they didn't during Bearclaw's time. Cutter says something like, To humans now we just won't exist, or something to that effect, right as Redlance started shaping the sleep dens really high up. Most of the deaths during Bearclaw's time were connected to that tribe that they lived so close to...and yet they also refused to relocate their holt as well, which wasn't too bright. They didn't seem to have such strict rules back then, plus occasionally goaded the humans which just fueled the fire and caused more death among them. There might've been 'unremarkable deaths' (if by unremarkable you mean nonviolent?) but it seems like a gray area. Rillfisher had the branch fall on her and I consider that unremarkable because it wasn't violent.

Does anyone know how long the elves WERE awake during KotBW before going into wrapstuff?

For the record, I completely keep spacing that Clearbrook had a daughter.

Clearbrook's daughter Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Clearbrook's daughter   Clearbrook's daughter EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 3:09 pm

Cheipar just died because it was cold and "the wrong time to breed" and because they didn't have a healer. It's also possible he had an internal birth defect or something. I dunno-- But I don't think it had anything to do with recognition. The Go Backs birthed perfectly healthy kids without it for generations and raised them in the snow... but then, they also had fire.

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Clearbrook's daughter   Clearbrook's daughter EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 3:23 pm

I've understood Krim's remark the way that Recognition wouldn't have "triggered" childbirth during a white cold like this.
Back at that time "Recognition knows" meant for me
- the right match
and
- the right time.
Never could figure out HOW recognition was supposed to "know" that second part, tho.

Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Clearbrook's daughter   Clearbrook's daughter EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 3:27 pm

Yeah, and they needed fires in that climate. And they lived in caves so they could actually have the fires... The Go Backs bred a lot for sure, but who's to say how many little ones just died? When Kahvi was telling Rayek that the baby wasn't his and didn't live to see dawn, she said it like it was something that happened once in a while among the Go Backs, and they just dealt with it and kept breeding.
I think it was also the constant wars with the trolls that had them lose a lot of warriors, but also had them screwing their brains out to reproduce since they liked they sure seemed to like their orgies Smile

Last edited by Zadzi on Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Clearbrook's daughter   Clearbrook's daughter EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 3:30 pm

But didn't Joyleaf give birth to Cutter during a terrible white-cold? Seems like a crappy time to give birth, period. I never thought of recognition happening during the right time, season-wise. It makes sense. Maybe Joyleaf gave birth during the tail end of that season. I think Brownberry (?) was pregnant with Nightfall around that same winter.

Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: Clearbrook's daughter   Clearbrook's daughter EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 3:52 pm

Joyleaf was massively pregnant during the white-cold, but she didn't actually have Cutter until the spring, as a recall.

And at the risk of a derail, let me just repeat what I always say whenever poor Cheipar comes up.

WRAPSTUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!

(oh, but it's not the Way, says Cutter. Yeah, I know, letting an infant die is far more morally sound  Mad )
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Clearbrook's daughter   Clearbrook's daughter EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 3:59 pm

Zadzi wrote:
... The Go Backs bred a lot for sure, but who's to say how many little ones just died? When Kahvi was telling Rayek that the baby wasn't his and didn't live to see dawn, she said it like it was something that happened once in a while among the Go Backs, and they just dealt with it and kept breeding.

That's a good point!

@Wingthing-- They probably didn't anticipate that the baby was going to die.

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Clearbrook's daughter   Clearbrook's daughter EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 4:08 pm

The sources about Clearbrook's daughter ...

Original Quest #19

Clearbrook's daughter Clearb10

Siege at Blue Mountain #4

Clearbrook's daughter Clearb11

Last edited by Embala on Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sifra

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: Clearbrook's daughter   Clearbrook's daughter EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 9:33 am

Wingthing sometimes babies die too fast for anyone to do something about it. Sad

Embala good job on the pictures!

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Clearbrook's daughter   Clearbrook's daughter EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 10:40 am

Didn't Scouter also at some point - during SaBM - mention something about A sister I have never met?

Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Clearbrook's daughter   Clearbrook's daughter EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 12:36 pm

Yes- she died before he was born.

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Clearbrook's daughter   Clearbrook's daughter EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 12:38 pm

And yet her thread over at the Scroll was almost 10 pages long.
Some people might say we're a bit obsessed...

Back to top Go down
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Clearbrook's daughter   Clearbrook's daughter EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 3:42 pm

If her spirit made its way to the Palace, then Scouter could it and commune with her, as well as his father. I wonder how much information spirits can pass onto the living?

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Clearbrook's daughter   Clearbrook's daughter EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 6:18 pm

It kind of makes One Eye's death all the more tragic-- doesn't it? Because he's the only guy she could have had babies with. So Scouter isn't just her only child at this point-- he's her only possible child.

Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Clearbrook's daughter   Clearbrook's daughter EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 7:34 pm

Makes me wonder... there are limitations to even a powerful healer's magic. Nobody, for example, could restore One-Eye's eye or Ekuar's limbs. But if Mender can reverse aging in Trolls, can healers restore fertility?

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Clearbrook's daughter   Clearbrook's daughter EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 7:40 pm

When a healer removes the wolf blood I'd suppose this detail would be included.

As gar as it goes with the "prolonged" human livfes I got the impression that aging was simply stopped at the point being. In case this was after menopause it would stay this way.
At least there is no prove positive that a healer has done this.

Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: Clearbrook's daughter   Clearbrook's daughter EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 8:42 pm

Wikipedia says that canines don't get menopause... And It's probably also not a feature of the elf blood...

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Clearbrook's daughter   Clearbrook's daughter EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 8:52 pm

Outdated knowledge or lack of recherche?
Abodean wolves are different to ours?

Or it's a remark that was "misinterpreted" by us und there never was something like a menopause for Wolfriders implied. Maybe Clearbrook's wish for cubs was satisfied.

Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Clearbrook's daughter   Clearbrook's daughter EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 9:17 pm

Is it possible that One Eye and Ekuar didn't want to be healed or just didn't really dwell on it? I remember Ekuar telling Leetah not to look at him in pity, like he wasn't even bothered by his own physical setbacks. As for One Eye...well, the healing attempt was by Rain, who was more like an Elf EMT than an actual magical healer (for the most part).

Maybe healer elves never really explored their limits ... but I also think the whole thing with the vicinity to the palace seems to mix things up and magnify their strength. In general, Leetah was the most powerful healer seen until Winnowill came along but by the time we meet her she's not a healer anymore at all. She's still had some awfully strong magic though.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clearbrook's daughter   Clearbrook's daughter Empty

Back to top Go down

Clearbrook's daughter
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Father Tree Holt :: Keeping In Character-
Jump to: