Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My Hidden Folk

Go down 
+14
Leanan
Rainflower
faeriegirl
Kindredsoul
Fairyring
Trollbabe
Lunakat
Kojiyumi
G0lden
wolfmoonsky
Beryl
Stormcatcher
Wiseshaman
Nibblet
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

My Hidden Folk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Hidden Folk   My Hidden Folk - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 10:33 pm

*facepalms*

Laughing  I STILL missed one!!

I didn't see the one on the right until you zoomed the picture lol! 

Just goes to show what a fabulous job you do, Embala!

Back to top Go down
Beryl

Beryl

Aries Monkey

PostSubject: Re: My Hidden Folk   My Hidden Folk - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 5:04 pm

WOW!! so creative and well done Shocked did you make those green boots yourself?
Those scenes spark my imagination, and I hope to see more

wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: My Hidden Folk   My Hidden Folk - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 7:07 pm

This is amazing, Embala! A new way of art with barbies and crafts! I love it!!
It looks beautiful and it's just like a fairytail! Very creative. Dewshine
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: My Hidden Folk   My Hidden Folk - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 8:28 pm

You bring me joy, dear young friends. sunny Thank you so much for the praise. *hugs*

Usambara's boots are made from the same green leaves that form her skirt. Actually it was a pleasant and fast done task ... must admit that I love how they turned out myself. There was I time when the creation of this folk could not keep pace with my ideas.

And while working on them I made up background stories and family ties - I actually had a crossover of faiytale and Elfquest in mind, Wolfie. It's great the scenes spark your fantasies as well, Beryl. Maybe those sparks will bait your muse?
Your wish shall be granted. flower

My Hidden Folk - Page 2 Gv_nig11

Nigella, the elf-winged protector of the Pollen Folk, looks happily at the peaceful scene beneath her. Brittlegill is singing about today's harvest gathering and Greenling joyfully shows her the sweetberries he can store for the coming whitecold. Young Moth fell asleep on a branch before she could bring in another big fruit. Towering above her tiny fosterlings stands her trusted strong friend. Old Barkmoss smiles sheepishly at her - will this delicate love-in-a-mist ever become his mate? A guy can dream ...

Last edited by Embala on Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:31 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: My Hidden Folk   My Hidden Folk - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 12:59 am

Embala, these are wonderful.

Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: My Hidden Folk   My Hidden Folk - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 4:41 am

How did I miss this new addition!?!?

And a teasing little story included!

You did a wonderful job on this Em!! I love you I love you I love you

Cutter egg 2018 from Embala
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: My Hidden Folk   My Hidden Folk - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 10:02 pm

I'm glad you enjoy, G0lden sunny Thank you!
You've missed nothing, Kin - you droped in just in time! *hugs* So glad you've encouraged me and like the flower fairies. And the "story" ... it's a teaser at best to spark imagination. ^^

Here's a closeup of Nigella

My Hidden Folk - Page 2 Gv_nig10

She's really delicately made. I've tried to keep the airy vibe of the love-in -a-mist blossoms. Slender pale Tinkerbell doll was the best I could get ... even when her original character shows through. Ah well ... couldn't resist to give her the wings back. It actually suits her.

Last edited by Embala on Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
faeriegirl

faeriegirl

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: My Hidden Folk   My Hidden Folk - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 11:50 am

OMG these are amazing!!! You are such an artist!!

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: My Hidden Folk   My Hidden Folk - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 8:28 pm

Thank you, faeriegirl flower I'm flattered Zhantee

A closer look on the little ones ... yeah, the photos are not so great

My Hidden Folk - Page 2 Gv_mot10

My Hidden Folk - Page 2 Gv_gre10

Last edited by Embala on Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: My Hidden Folk   My Hidden Folk - Page 2 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 6:33 pm

A close-up of Barkmoss. I'm especially proud of this one.

My Hidden Folk - Page 2 Gv_bar10

First of all - he was the most bulky guy from the Action-Man series and brutal-stupid looking. The opposite of a flower elf. And Mom asked "What do you want with this ugly thing?". My mind translated it into: "This must become a really great flower elf!" XD
That guy had a bad start, a long way ... and ended up with the most complicated "making-of".

Bulky as he was the idea of turning him into a tree-elf of some sort came to mind soon. But silk flowers (used mostly for my Flower Folk) did not provide any good "tree-looks" or tree moss. Then I found this grass mat for miniature train landscapes - it suited him nicely.
Now I wanted REAL bark for him, no plastics or such. And found it on the way home one day - old wooden fence posts with rests of thin bleached bark - bark I could easily remove in bigger pieces.

Talking of complicated making- of ... ever tried to applicate bark to a 30cm figure and make it look like it's part of it's skin? Wink I've soaked the pieces of bark until they were elastic and bendable enough. Then I decided which pieces would fit with which body parts - back, chest, arms, legs, even hand, neck and behind the ear. Then they must be fixed - tight enough to assume the shape of plastic muscles while drying. Drying LONG. Bandages - the whole guy was covered with tight bandages like a mummy!

Two weeks later I dared to unpack him - the bark has shaped nicely. Now I could glue together plastic guy, grass mat and bark the right way ... ready! Very Happy Almost. I've found his wooden bar a few days later basically on my doorsill after a windy night ... just made for his hands!

Last edited by Embala on Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:36 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kojiyumi

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: My Hidden Folk   My Hidden Folk - Page 2 EmptySat May 02, 2015 2:00 am

My Hidden Folk - Page 2 Tumblr_mmxehm1rXB1snwoibo1_500

He looks like he and ol' Treestump would have some fun convos over a few steins of dreamberry wine!  ^-^

My Hidden Folk - Page 2 Sig10
*✲゚*。✧KOJIYUMI✧。*✲゚*

ණ⃛(ᵒ͈̑ᴗ̂ᵒ͈̑ )” Getting stuff done at the speed of smell! ─=≡Σ((( つ•̀ω•́)つ

My Hidden Folk - Page 2 Sigimage
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: My Hidden Folk   My Hidden Folk - Page 2 EmptySat May 02, 2015 3:39 am

*cathat* Laughing ... of the special kind! So pretty and cute and with a fluttering heart. I love you Thank you so much, Kitteh *hugs*

So it's not only me who sees a congeniality between this sturdy tree elf and good ol' Treestump! Yup, they would get along well and have fun!

faeriegirl

faeriegirl

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: My Hidden Folk   My Hidden Folk - Page 2 EmptySun May 03, 2015 3:56 am

At first glance I thought it was Treestump! But then I looked again, wow such amazing work!

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: My Hidden Folk   My Hidden Folk - Page 2 EmptySun May 03, 2015 9:50 am

He looks great! And yes, he is reminiscent of Treestump!

Rainflower

Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: My Hidden Folk   My Hidden Folk - Page 2 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 1:36 pm

*Walks across the corridor, has a sudden pause., stops...takes three steps back, spotting Embala's fairy folks, drops jaw and stares like eyes almost falls out*WOOOOOOOOW! *Pushes jaw back on place* Embala, Your artwork is really amazing. I can't believe it, that carnation step by step, and for a mermaid tail, oh how I love mermaids. And how you did the fins. Carnations were perfect for that, so perfect. cheers

And then Queen Usambara, oh my great something, I loved those clothes. I soooo want her boots. And those little details with the little branch, so adroeble. cat

Barkmoss and Nigella remind me of Trestump and Dewshine, the bodies are so fitting. Laughing Wink

But how did you do those little mini-houses? Those were so lovable. Like
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: My Hidden Folk   My Hidden Folk - Page 2 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 6:26 pm

Thank you, fae. flower You too, Lunakat! sunny He's definitely a Treestump type with this build and the beard ...

... and the Tinkerbell doll has the adolescent forms of Dewshine. Didn't want to make them father and daughter,  ... so they ended up as "Belle and Beast". ^^
You flatter me, Rainflower ... and make me very happy. It was lots of fun to make this elfkin, gather the silk flowers and find the fitting dolls for each blossom. And mermaids ... once I've figured how to design a decent tail.

The little castles are not my work. I found them long ago on Nuremburg Chistkindlesmarkt - was fascinated and bought both of them. They are jigsaw crafts ... and you can "push back" the castles in the piece of wood forming the hill. ^^ It is almost seamless work. Later I found and bought more of these magic castles ... made of tree fungi instead of wood.

You can admire quite a collection there:
http://www.zauberburgen.de/pilzburgen-schiebeburgen-rundum/index.php

Last edited by Embala on Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: My Hidden Folk   My Hidden Folk - Page 2 EmptyTue May 12, 2015 2:07 am

As always Em, you leave me speechless! I love how he turned out!

And the detail you out into this!

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

*applauds* I can't wait to see what you create next! I love you I love you I love you I love you

Cutter egg 2018 from Embala
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: My Hidden Folk   My Hidden Folk - Page 2 EmptyTue May 12, 2015 7:47 pm

sunny As you wish, Kindreadsoul! Wink

My Hidden Folk - Page 2 Gv_phy10

For many decades the elder had roamed the World of the Rainbow Sun alone. His birth tribe was lost for him, the way back torn away by a giant water fist. So he followed the setting sun looking for kin ... always hoping, never finding. Physalis doubted his eyes and mind when he spotted a beautiful dancer one day ...
He found shelter in her tribe, a new home and  new friends. Being a talekeeper by passion Physalis tells stories about his former tribe, legendary ancestors and own adventures ... which might be true or born in his mind only.
... and now Helianthe is dancing for him! The dark sunny beauty became his lovemate and easily brought back the jester's cheerful charming self. One day they found a strange fish-tailed bud lost at the shore and adopted the newborn. Little Sunspot is growing nicely and her parents make sure to grant her quality time in the water. Look at the happy family!

Last edited by Embala on Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:39 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: My Hidden Folk   My Hidden Folk - Page 2 EmptyTue May 12, 2015 7:51 pm

This is amazing... the making of the mermaid one is... mind blowing.

And that Barkmoss... that is... beyond incredible. You have an amazing talent.
Back to top Go down
faeriegirl

faeriegirl

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: My Hidden Folk   My Hidden Folk - Page 2 EmptyWed May 13, 2015 12:54 pm

That is.... WOW!!! Mindblowingly awesome again!

Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: My Hidden Folk   My Hidden Folk - Page 2 EmptyMon May 18, 2015 1:59 am

Embala wrote:
sunny As you wish, Kindreadsoul! Wink

My Hidden Folk - Page 2 GV_PhysalisHeliantheSonnenfleck

For many decades the elder had roamed the World of the Rainbow Sun alone. His birth tribe was lost for him, the way back torn away by a giant water fist. So he followed the setting sun looking for kin ... always hoping, never finding. Physalis doubted his eyes and mind when He spotted a beautiful dancer one day ...
He found shelter in her tribe, a new home and  new friends. Being a talekeeper by passion Physalis tells stories about his former tribe, legendary ancestors and own adventures ... which might true or born in his mind only.
... and now Helianthe is dancing for him! The dark sunny beauty became his lovemate and easily brought back the jester's cheerful charming self. One day they found a strange fish-tailed bud lost at the shore and adopted the newborn. Little Sunspot is growing nicely and her parents make sure to grant her quality time in the water. Look at the happy family!

My favorite so far. OMG I love her skirt. Do you think you can manage to make something that looks like a long elegant dress/skirt with those petals? Something like a mermaid dress just not a mermaid? If it's not too much to ask?
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: My Hidden Folk   My Hidden Folk - Page 2 EmptyMon May 18, 2015 5:28 am

Sunflower petals are generally a good chance for a "long skirt" - more than other petals. Can you draw what you mean with elegant?

And why do you ask, Rainflower? Wink

You should take a look: http://www.graceciao.com/flower-dresses/
It's amazing - google for more. There are so many more petal designs floating around! Storm pointed me to this artist some months ago ... it's dreamy.
(No, she was not the inspiration for my Flower Folk. Those dolls are about 10 years old. But she could inspire me to start again... ^^)

faeriegirl

faeriegirl

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: My Hidden Folk   My Hidden Folk - Page 2 EmptyMon May 18, 2015 6:45 am

I checked out that site... but no, I like yours better!
Probably at least in part because they are 3D, not 2D.

A longer skirt would look amazing indeed!!

You know, I'd almost advise you to start selling these amazing creations... but I know that the amount of hours is incredible and there is likely only a small niche market in customers.

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: My Hidden Folk   My Hidden Folk - Page 2 EmptyMon May 18, 2015 7:38 pm

Thank you for the kind comment, Rainflower. sunny

The bright warm yellow in contrast to the brown skin is a really pleasant view. Here is a slightly better (= bigger) picture of Helianthe.

My Hidden Folk - Page 2 Helian10

I'm sorry for the poor quality. I only have photoprints to work with - from a simple camera. And I'm not a great photographer either. XD

My Hidden Folk - Page 2 Sunflo10

At least you can see that little Sunflower of the Pollen Folk is a doll.

Thank you for your appreciation, faeriegirl. flower Would be fun to try a long skirt ... never tried because I've aimed for a most natural flower reconstruction. I've never considered to sell my creations, fae. In fact I've sold one or two as an exception from the rule and made some more gifts. The most important obstacle for a doll business is my dislike to seperate with my works. Not the best attitude for a seller business. XD

I love Grace Ciao's way to think and how she looks at the flowers. I can see a connection there. Besides this her works and mine are very different.

Last edited by Embala on Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:41 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: My Hidden Folk   My Hidden Folk - Page 2 EmptyFri May 22, 2015 4:54 pm

Physalis - it was a bit tricky to turn those blossoms into an elf - especially a male one. It looked old fashioned, ridiculous ... but I WANTED it to be a male (and needed the seize and shape to make it work at all).

My Hidden Folk - Page 2 Physal10

Then I found Disney's Phoebus ... Middle Ages style! ^^ And he became a wandering storyteller, jester and ladies' man.  jocolor

Last edited by Embala on Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Hidden Folk   My Hidden Folk - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

My Hidden Folk
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next