HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Which elf is your new(er) favorite?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Which elf is your new(er) favorite?   Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:00 pm

Pike grew on me later as well. You're right, Sungirl, he is a lot more like a stoner than a drunk!

Mender grew on me later.

It also took me a while to like Ember actually, but once she split off into her own tribe and got her own story, I really grew to like her, especially in Wild Hunt. But now she's slid off into the background again so I really don't know.

Shenshen also became a lot more interesting to me once she chose the human midwife path. I came to fear that she would be hunted for witchcraft or something due to her knowledge. It would be interesting to see how her path and choice is dangerous (because it really is) as well as fulfilling.She may've made a choice but there haven't been any real trials shown yet. I'd love to see how she handles it in general.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Which elf is your new(er) favorite?   Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:36 am

@manga wrote:
It makes me doubt how much of her own she's really coming in to.  It reads like the author is waving a magic wand.  When a character has things TOO easy, it devalues to some extent their achievement.

Definitely don't think she has it easy. It's just that Shenshen's (and Shuna's and Kimo's) story isn't this story.

@Lunakat wrote:
Or what if her host family just doesn't want her to live with them indefinitely, waiting around for the wife to make babies? I mean... that is what she's doing, right?

No. She's travelling with Shuna and Kimo. Though she did stay with Shukopek and Hartha for some time in the beginning of issue 10, but of course it's pretty smart to stay with Shukopek if you want to meet up with Shuna.
Just Shukopek's luck that his midwife great-aunt just happened to arrive while his wife was pregnant.

Thanks for the banner, Embala. Ember
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Which elf is your new(er) favorite?   Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:07 pm

@Redhead Ember wrote:
No. She's travelling with Shuna and Kimo. Though she did stay with Shukopek and Hartha for some time in the beginning of issue 10, but of course it's pretty smart to stay with Shukopek if you want to meet up with Shuna.
Exactly. She is shown as a wandering midwife with Shuna and Kimo-Wolf ... FQ #10 shows her treating/counselling a pregnant native woman.

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Which elf is your new(er) favorite?   Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:56 pm

I've always like Shen-Shen. It's so nice to see her getting more attention. I do worry that at some point somebody is going to harm her because she knows more than humans do.

'We're all broken, in different ways, in varying degrees.'
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Which elf is your new(er) favorite?   Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:06 am

Shuna also knows more than most humans. Some will welcome them with open arms, others... not so much... Hopefully Kimo won't make the mistake he made during the Special again. Not that he'll have to; if he senses something bad about the humans he can just send it to Shenshen who can then tell Shuna. Or, he can simply send to both Shenshen and Shuna if Shuna has learned to send by now.

Thanks for the banner, Embala. Ember
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Which elf is your new(er) favorite?   Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:01 am

Reading the new issue again, I'm thinking... Cutter. I never cared much for him in the old EQ, even though he was the main character (maybe because of that). I used to like everybody better than him! But now... I liked his thinking mood in the beginning of FQ, and now he's the character I understand best (with Shenshen maybe) How I hear him in my mind: "They're all mad! Get me out! Get me back! Don't go near me! I'm out!" and now even Wendy can't find him it seems...

Also, Moonshade and Mender, same as other here. Moonshade is making more sense to me now, thanks to her new story (although I'm still having troubles with her and Strongbow, always had. Like I need help reading their minds) And Mender is a new favorite of mine since I've read Shards and all the HY a few months ago. I'm quite happy he's in love with my favorite character (although their story doesn't seem to have much to do with the main story unfortunately... other than making fan like me happy that is)
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Which elf is your new(er) favorite?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2