Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chandra the pink eyed engineer

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

Chandra the pink eyed engineer Empty
PostSubject: Chandra the pink eyed engineer   Chandra the pink eyed engineer EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 5:56 pm

Chandra the pink eyed engineer ... this was Chandra Davenkee's thread, opened by Startear, on the original Scroll of Colors. Follow old discussions and see fanart from earlier times.

Visit Chandra Davenkee's bio page on Elfquest.com.

TrollHammer

TrollHammer

Chandra the pink eyed engineer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chandra the pink eyed engineer   Chandra the pink eyed engineer EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 5:28 pm

(carrying on where MrsGrizzley left off on the thread posted above)

It does seem as though the pool of futurefolk that possess psi powers is appropriate to the number of people who were in contact with the Elves in the series up to this point (abstractly, that is. The Elves had 'live ins' here and there, and there are 'tweaks' (or micro populations of them) here and there).

I have to wonder, though... are the Black Snakes simply those with these same powers (from the same bloodlines) that were warped, or might there be another strain tainted by Winnie's contact with the humans of the village below? Technically speaking, the ones that would have been 'influenced' would be the ones that had been 'offered' to the gliders, and those never returned to rejoin the gene pool, but it would seem to me that these 'dream/thought vampires' might occasionally sneak down into the village at night and drink in the dreams of an entire village, instead of those of an individual in captivity.

Looks like I need to read the series again. Somehow I missed her psi with the 'artifact' (vaguely remember an image, but lost the detail), and it's significance. I like the idea she might be a descendant of Shuna, though I will have to say the historical directer person seems to have a very similar personality to Shuna (though after a thousand years or more there's no reason why they couldn't both have her as a great to the Nth grandmother).

Initially, though, I remember getting confused as I though Chandra was Jink (in disguise?), and couldn't figure out why Jink was having all these health issues... one too many teleports into a brick wall? Anyway, I did eventually learn they were separate characters. I still like Chandra, however to a degree her ailments seem overkill: I'd think a space faring offshoot that lived and moved around a lot in the cold reaches of the outer system would deal with high accelerations all the time (unless they were implying she had a birth defect uncommon to them, but seems like there were comments made that all of her kin had the same issues.)

Chandra the pink eyed engineer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Father Tree Holt :: Keeping In Character-
Jump to: