Share | 

To those joining early....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Timmain
Admin

PostSubject: To those joining early....   Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:56 am

Greetings!

As you can see, there is still a lot to be done.  I've been working on this for the 3rd day in a row now since Thursday evening.  After reading all the feedback from members in the ElfQuest "social" site, I became extremely concerned that even more members were going to leave the "Holt", as so many did after the first change took place.  

I share in these same frustrations... and I ask that we all stick together. Whether this site is only a temporary Holt, or a permanent dwelling, I simply wanted to provide a place that made us feel like "home" again, as well as have all the same fun as we did before.

Now.... I took what concerns and problems I read  about into consideration as I built the site.  Here are some of them....

Text size.... I adjusted the size of the font to 14 for easier reading for those who had terrible difficulty reading such small print.

If the font "style" is complicated to read, I CAN change that as well.  Just let me know

COLOR!!!.... You have color, my friends, and I sifted through countless of schemes to pick what I felt was easiest on the eyes, as well as a "Holt" feel

Post updates/notifications.... If you look at the left side bar, you see stated threads that have been posted in.  
The site updates this automatically, and the very moment someone posts anywhere in the site.  When you click ON the thread IN the scroll bar, it will automatically take you to the very last post made.  And not JUST the post, but the whole page the thread is currently on, just like the days of old.

Chat problems!! At the very bottom of the screen, you see a Chatbox.  Extremely simple to use. Once you log into the site, you simply click "log in" in the chatbox, and you're in
BUT there are some pros and cons with this...

Please feel rest assured that the chatbox is 100% secure.  No one on the outside of the site can ever intervene, hack, peek in, or troll within the site chatbox.

Although... EVERYone can use it.  There is NO private conversation option to the site chatbox.

"Guests" can NOT enter or use the chatbox EVER. They can NOT see the conversation, nor can any member until one is logged into the site. ((thus why I prefer forumsmotion over proboards.  No trolls....))

Thus far.... I think I have covered a lot.  Once I get some more feedback, I'll post another update.  For now, if ANYONE arrives and I am not here yet, PLEASE feel free to post in this section with any thoughts, opinions, or suggestions!  We'll just keep the discussions in this thread for the  time being

Thank you for your support
Shade and Sweet Water!

Last edited by Timmain on Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://fathertreeholt.forumotion.com
Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: To those joining early....   Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:37 pm

Still in the process for writing up the rules of the site and information things, but there's another feature I wanted to present to you all.

Whenever you click your name ((or anyone else's name)) in the site, you are then taken to the member profile page. The usual stats and basic info are found there. I already activated the "friend" option!

But there's also another option I thought you all might like. And it's optional too... you do NOT have to do it if you don't want to.

Just like in the EQ site, there were sections in your Profile where you could fill out some information about yourself that you would like to share with others.

Here's what you do here in this site to do some what the same...

---Click your "Profile" option in the top menu bar
---Click "Member Information" at the far right
---You will be asked to generate your Profile sheet....click to do so
---You must click "Modify" FIRST in order to edit the sections In some cases you might not have to do this.... it let me edit right off the bat ^_^
---Once you are done, click "Save"

I hope you guys like it, and if there's any problems, just ask! I can even add more sections if you like! Wink
Back to top Go down
Timmain
Admin

PostSubject: Re: To those joining early....   Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:03 pm

Added the rules and tips for the site. Just a few basic things to have in case anyone "new" new should join. If anyone has any suggestions as to what to add for each of those sections, feel free to let me know! My brain is a bit mushy right now with what medicine I'm on so most likely I'm not thinking of everything.

I also added the "Bio" information thread if anyone is interested in filling one out

I just have to tweak some icons in here... the little records came with the theme I picked...

But please feel free to post about as you wish!!
Back to top Go down
http://fathertreeholt.forumotion.com
PCoquelin

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: To those joining early....   Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:04 am

Just a question : why the big pictures, on the main page ? It doesn't help much, visually...
I'd rather have used a bigger font for the section titles, and / or more explicit, SMALL pictures.

Back to top Go down
http://s3.photobucket.com/user/pcoquelin/library/?sort=3&pag
Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: To those joining early....   Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:48 am

I used the pictures to help break up the sections a bit and add some scenic feel to the site appearance since all forms of beautiful scenery has been a huge part of the Elfquest artwork. I've also had some feedback that it help with breaking up the appearance of the run-on text look.

Now what I *can* do is make the images smaller and/or narrower, plus enlarge the text, that way it works for everyone! Yes? ^__^

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: To those joining early....   Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:10 am

Yes. But I'm pretty sure some small, more indicative pictures may be found...

For instance :

Last edited by PCoquelin on Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PCoquelin

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: To those joining early....   Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:11 am

AND the descriptive text does not fit well ( placement ). Pity.

Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: To those joining early....   Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:30 am

The hing is.. the text WAS positioned beneath each picture later night when I finished everything. When I looked again about an hour later it LLC shifted... I have an idea that may for for everyone but I'm afraid I won't be able to work on anything until maybe Sunday so hang in there! Wink LOL!

PostSubject: Re: To those joining early....   Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:32 am

Well my phone totally botched up that post -.-

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: To those joining early....   Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:32 am

No hurry, dear.

Back to top Go down
G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: To those joining early....   Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:21 am

The pics are fine by me and quite beautiful as well. Take your time and play with it. We are in no big hurry.

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: To those joining early....   Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:21 pm

I've just reread your first post, Kindreadsoul. It came so true ... only some turns of the seasons later. This palce was so needed. We were lucky that it was built up and running already.

Thank you for all your hard work of love, back in the first days and now again. Thank you for building a home for the rootless ones ... a Fathertree, our Sorrow's End. Thank you for being our Timmain.

Indem du etwas tust, das dir oder jemand anderem gefällt, erschaffst du bereits einen Wert.
Back to top Go down
G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: To those joining early....   Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:26 pm

@Embala wrote:
I've just reread your first post, Kindreadsoul. It came so true ... only some turns of the seasons later. This palce was so needed. We were lucky that it was built up and running already.

Thank you for all your hard work of love, back in the first days and now again. Thank you for building a home for the rootless ones ... a Fathertree, our Sorrow's End. Thank you for being our Timmain.

So very true Embala. So many of us suddenly found ourselves basically homeless when the Scroll shut down so suddenly. I'm very glad we have this wonderful site to continue in our love of EQ. Plus the friendships we have created and are able to continue.

Pisces Rat

PostSubject: Re: To those joining early....   Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:29 pm

That's the key point G0lden, keeping friends and family together, elven and human.
Back to top Go down
G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: To those joining early....   Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:38 pm

Family is where the heart is. Whether it is Elven or Human.

PostSubject: Re: To those joining early....   

Back to top Go down

To those joining early....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1