Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Steven Universe appreciation thread!

Go down 
+2
manga
Lunakat
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Elwing

Elwing

Cancer Dog

The Steven Universe appreciation thread! Empty
PostSubject: The Steven Universe appreciation thread!   The Steven Universe appreciation thread! EmptySun Oct 04, 2015 11:52 am

Am I the only one that loves this show? I think it's the best cartoon on tv at the moment! Great build up and character design and development! So many different and female characters, without ever becoming a "girly" show.
Also, I love what they do with music in this show.
Oh, and Lion.
The Steven Universe appreciation thread! Steven_universe___steven_y_leon_by_ryuyo-d7vfex6
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: The Steven Universe appreciation thread!   The Steven Universe appreciation thread! EmptySun Oct 04, 2015 2:18 pm

I have never seen it! I will have to check it out.

manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: The Steven Universe appreciation thread!   The Steven Universe appreciation thread! EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 12:46 pm

I've got a friend who loves this show and he's tried to introduce it to us but somehow I just can't take it seriously. It has elements that on their own I love, but it just doesn't grab me. It's too short. I'm not ADD enough for today's cartoons. (Couldn't get into "Clone Wars" for much the same reasons.) I dunno.
Back to top Go down
Startear

Startear

Aquarius Goat

PostSubject: Re: The Steven Universe appreciation thread!   The Steven Universe appreciation thread! EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 8:24 pm

I love Steven Universe! For me the shortness isn't really a problem, as long as the story is solid then it is nice for me. Funny thing, even though I personally identify with Amethyst, Pearl has really grown on me. And man, Garnet is wonderful all around.

Only gem I don't really like is Lapis.

Thanks to Embala for the lovely banner! The quote belongs to Scooter.
Back to top Go down
Elwing

Elwing

Cancer Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Steven Universe appreciation thread!   The Steven Universe appreciation thread! EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 3:55 am

All the main characters are rather good and carefully develop in each of the short episodes. It will be interesting to see what becomes of Peridot...
Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The Steven Universe appreciation thread!   The Steven Universe appreciation thread! EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 8:15 am

I love SU to an almost ridiculous degree. I've always been impressed by how much story they can pack into 11-12 minutes and how damn well they do it.

Elwing

Elwing

Cancer Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Steven Universe appreciation thread!   The Steven Universe appreciation thread! EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 1:48 pm

yeah, it has a great buildup. The first episodes seemed like nothing special, but they carefully construct the world and the characters. Also, love the music!
Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The Steven Universe appreciation thread!   The Steven Universe appreciation thread! EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 2:12 pm

The episode that doomed me was Monster Buddies.
The Steven Universe appreciation thread! Tumblr_inline_o65e8e8ZkR1s6uavj_540

KR Wordgazer

KR Wordgazer

Scorpio Cat

PostSubject: Re: The Steven Universe appreciation thread!   The Steven Universe appreciation thread! EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 3:30 pm

I think Steven Universe is fantastic-- and not just for its characters, plot and humor, all of which are prodigious. What really impresses me is the depth of social insight and commentary on the nature of human interactions. The Gems and their alien ways contribute amazingly to an understanding of us humans and our ways. Garnet's story in particular (and Peridot's conservative reaction to it) throws very interesting light on the LGBTQA issues of our time.  Steven's coming-of-age story explores in depth what it means to grow up, to become a responsible adult. And all of it done completely without preaching or moralizing, in the most light-handed way possible.

And Lion is simply the best animal creation in this decade. I love the fact that he's pink, and that he belongs to Steven. The way this series bends gender roles and expectations is one of its greatest strengths.

I would never have known this show existed without my children, now 17 and 21, who knew how much I'd like it and insisted I start to watch (and that I continue past the first few episodes, which did not reveal at first just what this was going to become).  I'm very proud of the people they have become and are becoming!

Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The Steven Universe appreciation thread!   The Steven Universe appreciation thread! EmptySun Jan 07, 2018 5:21 pm

I've just watched the newest episode and oh my god I still, still love this series so much.

Every time there's loooong break I think I've lost interest in it and then a new episode shows up proves me wrong.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Steven Universe appreciation thread!   The Steven Universe appreciation thread! Empty

Back to top Go down

The Steven Universe appreciation thread!
Page 1 of 1