Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Longtime wanderer, first time poster

Go down 
+9
TrollHammer
Stormcatcher
G0lden
Embala
Nibblet
Kindredsoul
Lunakat
wolfmoonsky
Elwing
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Cloudbuck

Cloudbuck

Gemini Dragon

Longtime wanderer, first time poster Empty
PostSubject: Longtime wanderer, first time poster   Longtime wanderer, first time poster EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 3:06 pm

Hello everyone! I've been reading the discussions about the new comics for a while now, and figured it was only fair to actually introduce myself! I was a lurker on the old Scroll of Colors, but never posted there either.

Despite the username, I usually go by Wolfie. That seems like it would be confusing here, so I picked a different one for my actual account! I've been reading Elfquest since I found a copy of The Cry From Beyond at a friend's house when I was 8 or 9... I was very confused for a while, but eventually I tracked down the beginning of the story at the library!

Ever since then I've been in and out of various fandoms, but Elfquest has been the constant background radiation of my fantasy and sci-fi consumption. I was too young to have seen the glory days of spin-offs and merchandise, but I've recently been delving into the Blood of Ten Chiefs short story collections and trying to track down a copy of the Chaosium RPG. My favorite tribe is obviously the Wolfriders, but my favorite characters include Yun and Kahvi.

Real life facts:
-I live in NYC and work as a bookseller by day and an artist by night-literally, most of the time, although night owl habits and early morning shifts at the day job don't mix very well!
-My best friend and I spent several childhood Halloweens (and summers) in torn up scraps and elf ears, terrorizing other kids with our homemade spears
-I work primarily on art dolls made with resin and needle felted wool. While I've never done EQ fanwork, I do think there's something linking a few of my designs back to the world of two moons in their own way.
-My partner, sadly, doesn't quite see what I see in EQ--but I'm hoping to win a little ground by getting ahold of the RPG and presenting the setting that way....

I guess I'd better get to exploring the forums! I'm looking forward to meeting everyone!
Back to top Go down
http://myarmcanfly.net
Elwing

Elwing

Cancer Dog

PostSubject: Re: Longtime wanderer, first time poster   Longtime wanderer, first time poster EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 3:09 pm

Welcome Wolfie! We might complain a lot, but in the end we're here because we all love this weird Elf thing. Hope you like it here Yun
Back to top Go down
wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Longtime wanderer, first time poster   Longtime wanderer, first time poster EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 4:05 pm

I see why it would be confusing to have the name *wolfie* Laughing Pike
Welcome! I hope you will like it here. I would love to see the art dolls you make! Smile
Back to top Go down
Cloudbuck

Cloudbuck

Gemini Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Longtime wanderer, first time poster   Longtime wanderer, first time poster EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 4:46 pm

Thanks guys! I'm excited to get a chance to talk about EQ more, since I don't live near the friend who shared in my early elf-based adventures anymore.

wolfmoonsky--I've been a little slow updating with the newest pieces, but I've got a simple gallery of past works up here: http://myarmcanfly.net/
Oops... more than a little slow! Looks like I have six recent creations to add... Better get on that...
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Longtime wanderer, first time poster   Longtime wanderer, first time poster EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 4:53 pm

welcome!

G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Longtime wanderer, first time poster   Longtime wanderer, first time poster EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 4:59 pm

Welcome to the tribe and have fun.

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Longtime wanderer, first time poster   Longtime wanderer, first time poster EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 5:13 pm

Welcome to the pack, Cloudbuck! Hungry Wolf Enjoy and have fun!

I bet your avatar is an example of your felt art ... *goes looking*

... hm, cannot see this wolfie but the style looks very much like it will be one of the missing new artworks!
Crimson Snapdragon is major fun - he loves the camera. ^^ Dream Snake is a cutie. I love you The combination of resin faces and felted wool bodies works fab! I like the owl faces.

Please share your work in the Crafts thread, will you?

EDIT: Just discovered there is more! Like No owl faces but heads for fox and deer and whatever. Works for an owl, tho! Owlish

Last edited by Embala on Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cloudbuck

Cloudbuck

Gemini Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Longtime wanderer, first time poster   Longtime wanderer, first time poster EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 5:20 pm

Thanks everybody!

Embala, I'm glad you like my creatures! I'll definitely post some pics of the wolf in the craft thread--she's not on the website yet because she's actually not quite finished. I've been putting off wrapping that one up for a while now. And your owl face guess was closer than you realize! I may not use it on an owl body, but that's absolutely what it's based on. The flox (those creatures, even the ones with antlers) were originally called foxowls!
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Longtime wanderer, first time poster   Longtime wanderer, first time poster EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 5:32 pm

Owl Foxowls! Iver looked twice to see is there might be an owl connection in the name Flox! ^^

Looking forward to see more in the crafts thread! And please post the link there ... would be a pity if it gets lost in the introduction thread.

Nibblet

Nibblet

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Longtime wanderer, first time poster   Longtime wanderer, first time poster EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 5:41 pm

Welcome! Glad to have you join us ^^

Zebbed as the First Lady of Naughtyniceness!
Cast as Petalwing in the EQ Forums Movie
Dubbed Google Queen by Kindredsoul
Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Longtime wanderer, first time poster   Longtime wanderer, first time poster EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 8:19 pm

Longtime wanderer, first time poster Fox210

Cutter egg 2018 from Embala
Back to top Go down
Nibblet

Nibblet

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Longtime wanderer, first time poster   Longtime wanderer, first time poster EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 8:33 pm

That pic made me laugh a little bit more than it should have rofl

Zebbed as the First Lady of Naughtyniceness!
Cast as Petalwing in the EQ Forums Movie
Dubbed Google Queen by Kindredsoul
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Longtime wanderer, first time poster   Longtime wanderer, first time poster EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 9:50 pm

Cutie!

G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Longtime wanderer, first time poster   Longtime wanderer, first time poster EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 11:14 pm

Look at those blue eyes. What a very pretty baby.

Stormcatcher

Stormcatcher

Libra Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Longtime wanderer, first time poster   Longtime wanderer, first time poster EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 11:47 pm

Odd-eyed and white patches, looks like one of those domesticated foxes from Russia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_Domesticated_Red_Fox

Oh, and by the way - welcome!

TrollHammer

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: Longtime wanderer, first time poster   Longtime wanderer, first time poster EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 2:25 am

Welcome Cloudbuck!

Look forward to seeing your artwork. If you feel inspired to write, feel free to post some fanfic or try out a monthly Grab Bag.

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Longtime wanderer, first time poster   Longtime wanderer, first time poster EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 6:30 am

Welcome to the tribe, Wolfie.

Hungry Wolf
Yun Kahvi

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Cloudbuck

Cloudbuck

Gemini Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Longtime wanderer, first time poster   Longtime wanderer, first time poster EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:09 am

Nibblet, Kindredsoul, Stormcatcher, TrollHammer, Redhead Ember, and adorable picture of a fox, thanks for the warm welcome! What a lovely community Dewshine
Back to top Go down
Leanan

Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Longtime wanderer, first time poster   Longtime wanderer, first time poster EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 10:10 am

Welcome! cheers

Back to top Go down
Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Longtime wanderer, first time poster   Longtime wanderer, first time poster EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 1:19 pm

Welcome!

Cloudbuck wrote:
My best friend and I spent several childhood Halloweens (and summers) in torn up scraps and elf ears, terrorizing other kids with our homemade spears
Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Longtime wanderer, first time poster   Longtime wanderer, first time poster Empty

Back to top Go down

Longtime wanderer, first time poster
Page 1 of 1