Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Final Quest #14

Go down 
+34
PCoquelin
IceTooth
howler monkey
wingthing
manga
Nightsea
Lurks
ErinC1978
Davrille
jaRf
Redhead Ember
Twopaw
Shadowpath
faeriegirl
Wisp
Zadzi
Miss Gillespie
Miscellaneous
sun girl
Trollbabe
Embala
kathleen3.0
KR Wordgazer
Sifra
Lunakat
Outlier
Startear
Arthis
TrollHammer
Tymber
Stargazer
Multi-Facets
Vaeri
Kaza999
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
KR Wordgazer

KR Wordgazer

Scorpio Cat

Final Quest #14 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #14   Final Quest #14 - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 7:23 pm

Lunakat wrote:
It doesn't bother me, btw, that Cutter is the or who discovers a new tribe of elves again. That's fine by me. What bothered me, story wise, was that there was all this build up over the course of several story arcs about how Sunstream was training his whole adult life to be the "link"-- then, in what is presented as a climactic moment, he finally assumes this role and contacts every elf on the planet-- and finds four individuals... one of whom is dead, two of whom we never meet becUse they are in wrap stuff, and the other who we already know. Meanwhile, Cutter wanders blindly into the woods and apparently falls on a whole new tribe. Like... really? What was the point of Sinstream?

Maybe it's just the two of them, and the reason they're in the Wolfriders forest is that they're answering the call and were on the way to the Palace when they came across Cutter.

But now the Palace has gone back to Blue Mountain, so they'll be disappointed.

kathleen3.0

kathleen3.0

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #14   Final Quest #14 - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 8:30 pm

KR Wordgazer wrote:
Lunakat wrote:
It doesn't bother me, btw, that Cutter is the or who discovers a new tribe of elves again. That's fine by me. What bothered me, story wise, was that there was all this build up over the course of several story arcs about how Sunstream was training his whole adult life to be the "link"-- then, in what is presented as a climactic moment, he finally assumes this role and contacts every elf on the planet-- and finds four individuals... one of whom is dead, two of whom we never meet becUse they are in wrap stuff, and the other who we already know. Meanwhile, Cutter wanders blindly into the woods and apparently falls on a whole new tribe. Like... really? What was the point of Sinstream?

Maybe it's just the two of them, and the reason they're in the Wolfriders forest is that they're answering the call and were on the way to the Palace when they came across Cutter.

But now the Palace has gone back to Blue Mountain, so they'll be disappointed.

Maybe they came to say,"Stop making that noise!"
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #14   Final Quest #14 - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 9:03 pm

Sifra, you made my day! ... ahm night ^^ Awesome!

Final Quest #14 - Page 5 Banner15
Indem du etwas tust, das dir oder jemand anderem gefällt, erschaffst du bereits einen Wert.
Back to top Go down
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #14   Final Quest #14 - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 9:49 pm

LOL - My husband made soup tonight from portabello mushrooms.  We are seriously snowed in here.

I am not even going to ask what happens when a regular Elf or a Wolfrider recognizes a fungus elf.

Final Quest #14 - Page 5 Ba_tro10
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #14   Final Quest #14 - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 10:10 pm

Yup, snowed in here too, Trollbabe. I baked some bread and now i'm daydreaming of mushrooms on skewers a la Sifra style.

Final Quest #14 - Page 5 Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
sun girl

sun girl

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #14   Final Quest #14 - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 1:09 am

Trollbabe wrote:
I am not even going to ask what happens when a regular Elf or a Wolfrider recognizes a fungus elf.

An epic spore-cloud, no doubt.
Back to top Go down
Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #14   Final Quest #14 - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 10:22 am

rofl

Thanks for this Sifra! Now I don't care for quests anymore, all I want to see is fanarts of wolfriders doing their daily tasks. And a few sunvillagers recipes?
Back to top Go down
Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #14   Final Quest #14 - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 4:08 am

sun girl wrote:
Trollbabe wrote:

An epic spore-cloud, no doubt.

affraid

don't breath, don't breath, don't breath

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #14   Final Quest #14 - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 7:55 am

Lunakat wrote:

You could argue that the only tribe Cutter actually found were the Sunfolk. And that, of course, was back before he actually started looking for other elves.

The Gliders:
They found - and captured - the other Wolfriders before Cutter and Skywise made it to Blue Mountain.

The Go-Backs:
As Kahvi put it; "More like we found you!"

The Wavedancers:
Definitely Sunstream! sunstream

Maybe the point of Sunstream is not to find other elves, but to set things in motion allowing other elves to find the Wolfriders.
Back during the OQ, what made the rest of the Wolfriders, Leetah, and the twins leave Sorrow's End was little Suntop going out to get Savah's warning. Which of course led them to be captured by the Gliders, which led to the whole Quest Usurped thing, which lead to the Go-Backs finding, and rescuing, the Wolfriders, which led to the First War.
Now, Sunstream has sent out The Call, which makes all elves aware of each other, and those who wants to can go find the Palace, and the other elves who've gone as well.

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #14   Final Quest #14 - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 2:06 pm

Cutter was still a vortex to other elves, doesn't matter how you frame it lol. Cutter, Kinseeker. There's a reason he had that name. It is very CLEAR. He did find other elves, or was a magnet for them Very Happy

Sunstream was 'the link'...well, story wise, there's not been as much of a payout from this setup. It's very possible that his 'role' just hasn't been as well explained in narrative. 'The link' is a pretty vague term and i do feel it needs to be further explored, and I really do hope it is during FQ.

What I've really gotten tired of hearing is 'Wendy said this' and 'Wendy said that' in terms of story these days. What other story has anyone read which requires so much handholding for interpretation? It's like, you generally buy a book or comic book and whatever, and you perceive it as you perceive it and make up your own damn mind, there's none of this business with asking the author constant questions and shuffling back and forth to cherry pick cannon tales, and 'clarify' what a group of characters are (omg they aren't trees waaaah), what a story means, etc.. Wendy is VERY lucky that fans are doing this - looking to her for (constant) guidance.... but for some of us (me, included) I read what I read and I have my own perception. If a story doesn't add up, I ask questions, but if what the story says doesn't add up to what the author was trying to say, then perhaps there's a problem with the storytelling Smile
Heavens forbid , but let's not rule out that possibility.
I don't like being told that I may've 'misinterpreted' something, and I don't like being constantly 'corrected' especially if I've read something several times and it still doesn't add up.

Back to top Go down
Wisp

Wisp

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #14   Final Quest #14 - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 11:08 pm

KR Wordgazer wrote:
Adult fans are not likely to appreciate being treated like naughty children. This includes me. Maybe she has been taking this "Elf Mom" role a little too seriously?

But I like the idea of these elves, and love the picture of this one caring for the devastated Cutter.

Agree as to both points. Although the fungus elves are strange looking, I get an almost tender feeling from the way the female is touching Cutter. Almost motherly.

@ Embala, thanks for reposting your theory about the fungus elves. I would love to see them developed in the way you described! Very alien and yet so "earthy."

Miscellaneous wrote:
she implies that we're going to meet is new biggest fear when we meet those Fung-guys. But he's already terrified, and as I read it he's afraid of loosing his sense of self. So, if this is the fear Wendy is talking about (it may not be), I can see how it would lead to them having a different sense of self.

I hope this is true.

@ Redhead Ember re: an all black issue. Richard referenced an all-white issue of another comic series, but I'm pretty sure he was being tongue-in-cheek when he said the cave scenes in FQ would be all black with just text bubbles.

@ sifra artistic genius rofl Surely we'll see this scene in the sneak peek for issue 14!
Back to top Go down
faeriegirl

faeriegirl

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #14   Final Quest #14 - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 2:17 pm

Sifra wrote:
I was working on it as you wrote that post, Zadzi. I added Teir immediatly.

Final Quest #14 - Page 5 Cutter_and_the_fung_guys_by_janaweijers-d9p1vex

rofl rofl rofl
This made my day!!

Trollbabe wrote:
LOL - My husband made soup tonight from portabello mushrooms.  We are seriously snowed in here.

OMG I don't wanna know!!

Final Quest #14 - Page 5 Faerie10
Back to top Go down
Twopaw

Twopaw

Capricorn Snake

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #14   Final Quest #14 - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 8:39 pm

Good eve, Cousins, Cubs and Elders!

Just read Final Quest #13 this afternoon, and I thought there was a brief mention that after Cutter's 'opening door' with Timmain, that he was heading semi-blindly through the wood to the original location of Father Tree Holt. And unless I'm misunderstanding what happened to it in the early days of EQ (the Gotara worshippers burning the elves out of it and destroying the original Holt in the process) the Tree itself was incinerated or damaged beyond repair by said burning.

Could the 'tree elves' pictured in the #14's cover be some sort of semi-physical representation of Elf-spirits/life forces using plant life, or the remains of Father Tree in some way, to take physical form when Cutter arrives in the 'old holt's location?

-2Paw.

Final Quest #14 - Page 5 OaU26Md
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #14   Final Quest #14 - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 3:47 am

Aren't they living in the location of the old Father Tree?
They landed there in Full Circle - right after the end of Shards - and Redlance planted a new Father Tree, with some help from Suntop, who purged the ancient pool of bad magic, and was renamed Sunstream in the process.

Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #14   Final Quest #14 - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 11:41 am

Redhead Ember wrote:
That was my impression. The troll caves seems to be where they should be.

Sifra wrote:
I was working on it as you wrote that post, Zadzi. I added Teir immediatly.

Final Quest #14 - Page 5 Cutter_and_the_fung_guys_by_janaweijers-d9p1vex
Yikes...

Final Quest #14 - Page 5 Tumblr_oizli2hnXr1sda8vao1_1280
'We're all broken, in different ways, in varying degrees.'
Back to top Go down
Twopaw

Twopaw

Capricorn Snake

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #14   Final Quest #14 - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 4:44 pm

Redhead Ember wrote:
They landed there in Full Circle - right after the end of Shards - and Redlance planted a new Father Tree, with some help from Suntop, who purged the ancient pool of bad magic, and was renamed Sunstream in the process.

Ember, good afternoon!

I defer to your knowledge, thus. Shards was one of the 1990's WARP EQ books I didn't follow, to my regret now. My ElfQuest reading experience seems to be like my writing style: I know what the beginning was, and I'm keeping an eye nearing the end (?) but what's in the middle I've never tried or have been unable to grasp.

Thank goodness for knowledgeable friends and EQ fans! ^_^ Beauty that it was Tyleet's Sire who planted the second Father Tree, too!

-2Paw.

Final Quest #14 - Page 5 OaU26Md
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #14   Final Quest #14 - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 5:09 am

Right! Here's what I think will happen in the first scene, or at least the first scene with Cutter:

Cutter will be on the ground wounded and in the background the stranger wolves will be munching away.

Winnowill

Back to top Go down
jaRf

jaRf

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #14   Final Quest #14 - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2016 4:36 pm

Miss Gillespie wrote:
image on first post in this thread

Well, it is rather funny to have the signature "It's a dolphin!" right unter the image. Smile
So maybe it is a fungoid dolphin then. Or just a figure of dreams after Cutter was running away into the forests...

Must check now if I even preordered this one already.
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #14   Final Quest #14 - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 9:23 pm

The preview is up!
Back to top Go down
kathleen3.0

kathleen3.0

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #14   Final Quest #14 - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 9:41 pm

That actually looks... Good!!
Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #14   Final Quest #14 - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 10:06 pm

Is the wolf falling over supposed to be funny or...?

Final Quest #14 - Page 5 Tumblr_oizli2hnXr1sda8vao1_1280
'We're all broken, in different ways, in varying degrees.'
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #14   Final Quest #14 - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 10:14 pm

I don't get why these strange wolves with no elfblood can tell right off what no one else has noticed for hundreds of years.

That image was striking, though.
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #14   Final Quest #14 - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 10:46 pm

Poor old Filcher ... Sad

Final Quest #14 - Page 5 Banner15
Indem du etwas tust, das dir oder jemand anderem gefällt, erschaffst du bereits einen Wert.
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #14   Final Quest #14 - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 10:48 pm

Thanks, Manga...that was kind of awesome.

Back to top Go down
Davrille

Davrille

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #14   Final Quest #14 - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 10:40 am

Hey, look! Leetah got a new facial expression!

I don't think Filcher falling down was supposed to be funny, rather a comment on how old he is. And how he's getting weaker.

I think the wolfpack thing is another case of "And then a miracle happens!" It'll be interesting to see if that's brought up in the Podcast about this issue.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #14   Final Quest #14 - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Final Quest #14
Page 5 of 26Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 26  Next