Share | 

Sharp leaf rp

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sharp leaf

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Sharp leaf rp    Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:49 pm

Sharp cursed as she rolled to the side avoiding the swipe of the angry bears claws. She heard it roar as she felt her back hit the trunk of a tree. She shifted pulling the knife out of her hip holster. She had been traveling along to....well she had no end destination so she would travel till she couldn't no more.

And now she was in this mess had managed to get cornered by a giant brown bear who was very angry. She winced as she shifted feeling some blood drip down her hand where she had it pressed against her side
Back to top Go down
Sharp leaf

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Sharp leaf rp    Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:58 pm

She only had her knife but it was small and wouldn't do much unless the bear got very close . The bear has gotten close before and had managed to claw her side . Her bow had been broken when she had been attacked ,She cursed eyes flicking to the side. .....She had no way out of it
Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Sharp leaf rp    Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:22 pm

Gnawbranch was restless, but not the usual restlessness due to hunger or boredom the young wolf often suffered. He sensed something, and by the tell tale signs of his ears drawn back and fur rising along his back, it was a threatening source. By the echo of a roar coming from a distance, Sabre immediately assessed the identity of the wolf’s uneasiness. Normally, elf and wolf would stray from such a creature, assuming it was fighting with another bear, or another predator trying to steal its food. Yet a faint cry that followed proved to be suspiciously and alarmingly elfin.

But in the middle of nowhere?

Although Sabre wasn’t ignorant of other tribes and clans of his kind, he never expected to stumble across any of them as big as this world was, yet how could he ignore another in danger? It won’t do any harm to see for sure… He thought to himself, while keeping a safe distance in the process.

At a full run through the forest, it didn’t take him long to come upon the scene just as the beast smacked its victim into a tree. With a signal of his hands, Gnawbranch understood the plan instantly, dashing after the bear from behind simply to distract it before the wolf dived into a thicket of bushes. The giant beast roared from being startled and twisted around in the direction that Gnawbranch had fled which gave Sabre the perfect opportunity to fire one of his arrows into the bear’s left eye.

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Sharp leaf rp    Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:29 pm

The bear roared rearing up in pain before crumbling to the side there was a thud as the creature body fell to the earth . Sharp gave a relieved sigh as she glanced up body slumping against the tree." Thank you " she mumbled weakly as she tried to get up but her side flared in pain making her fall back to the ground ...this was not good not at all
Back to top Go down
Sharp leaf

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Sharp leaf rp    Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:30 pm

Sorry for the shortness next post shall be longer)
Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Sharp leaf rp    Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:48 pm

((No worries, Sharp. I can still work with it Smile ))

Sabre was experienced enough to know the bear wouldn't be through with them. If anything, the arrow only angered it even more, but by the looks of it, the beast was fairly young. As an experienced hunter with so many years behind him, the hunter had seen his share of bears and most far larger beasts than this one. If Sabre was right in his observation, it gave him hope that they could outsmart the bear for a quick escape.

Through the animal's painful wails, Sabre rushed up to the injured elf to carefully take her by the arm and help her to her feet as Gnawbranch timidly approached the elves while the wolf kept his sights fixed on the roaring bear. "Lean on the wolf and he'll lead you to safety." Sabre ordered with a rushed tone. Speed was necessary now more than ever. "I'll follow and slow the bear again if need be."

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Sharp leaf rp    Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:52 pm

The best snarled jerking in its spot as it dug at its face . Sharp winced as she leaned on the wolf " Sorry for the blood in your fur "she said in a choked groan as she felt blood well up through her fingers . They slowly started to walk as she heard the bear stagger up and run not towards them but in another direction seems the beast knew when it was beat at least .

She continued to walk for a few minutes before she felt her legs give out under her making her wince as she dug her fingers into the wolf fur to prevent her from falling
Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Sharp leaf rp    Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:56 pm

Gnawbranch continued on at the elf's struggling pace while still looking back for his friend to follow. Meanwhile, Sabre knew to keep his guard up even though the wounded bear chose to run off into the sanctuary of the forest.

At least for now.

While turning to catch up with his wolf companion and stranger, the hunter kept his senses alert. The bear rose such a ruckus that he could only hope any other predator that could hear would choose to veer away from the territory. But the beast itself could have a change of heart and charge back at any given moment for another attempt at its hopeful meal. Once he caught up to the pair, Sabre gave notice to the stranger's wound and shoved all questions aside for now. "Keep pressure on that until we put a bit more distance between ourselves and that bear."

Without word, he lifted her onto Gnawbranch's back. "Let him walk for you," the hunter muttered with a flat tone, while veering their path into a thicker portion of the woods in search for a more safe place to rest.

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Sharp leaf rp    Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:16 pm

Sharp grimaced as she was lifted up she felt the wolf body rock under her as they walked she was glad that the wolf and it's rider were kind and that they had not left her there to rot .

" my name is ngh ...my name is sharp leaf " she said panting slightly she glanced to the side at the quiet elf
Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Sharp leaf rp    Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:32 pm

Sabre had countless questions running through his mind, but he knew they would have to wait until they were safer away and saw to the stranger's obvious wounds. His dark brows furrowed with a scowl when the elf struggled to speak her name, and with a clenched jaw, he managed to return his own. “I am Sabre.”

His troubled gaze ventured up to the canopy of trees to confirm they didn’t have much daylight left, and he grew deeply concerned by how much blood Sharpleaf may have lost already. He was no healer, save for the basic knowledge and experience from his own injuries he suffered in the past. “Is your tribe nearby?”

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Sharp leaf rp    Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:48 pm

She laughed slightly though th e laughter sounded broken and strained " tribe no ...never had a tribe ..had my parents but they passed a few seasons back. And we were by ourselves "

She said as she felt herself stumble again before her legs gave out " I can't walk anymore I ...it hurts too much " she mumbled in pain
Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Sharp leaf rp    Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:18 pm

Her words led Sabre to become even more confused. Never had a tribe? Perhaps something to question later on, but for the time being, he assisted Sharpleaf back onto the wolf's back yet again. "Keep hold of him," The Go Back ordered, trying not to sound so harsh while scanning their surroundings for a brief rest. It was obvious she wasn't in any condition to leave the injury unattended much longer.

Sharp eyes found one of the thicker trees framed with a few large stones, as if the mound of rock were bracing the thick trunk itself. It was enough to serve for momentary cover, and if they were stranded there for the night, it would provide enough obscurity from predators, or a quick escape into the limbs and branches if need be.

The wolf needed no guidance, following his elfin companion as the ground began to slope upwards toward their destination. Due to Gnawbranch now appearing more at ease, Sabre took comfort that the bear was long off by now while helping the wounded elf from the wolf's back to carefully sit her on the ground to lean against the tree before rummaging through his own traveling sacks for supplies. "Did your mother and father never teach you to steer clear from creatures larger than you?" His intent was not meant to be rude, but Sabre wasn't keen on pleasantry talk, and the purpose for questions now was to keep Sharpleaf awake while tending to her injury.

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Sharp leaf rp    Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:29 pm

She gave the other elf a agitated glare " no my parents taught me to go right towards the danger ...yes of course they taught me ...was not my fault the beast came across me ....it must of caught scent of the rabbit I had killed ." She mumbled as she felt the wolf rock underneath her.

Before she felt the trunk of a tree on her back . She tried to shift up but the glare of pain made her stay put. The stupid bear had ripped her bag making her leave it behind.

" did your teach you to be as sour as a pucker fruit ?"(that's what a lemon is called ...know it sounds silly but I'm. Guessing elfs would call it that
Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Sharp leaf rp    Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:13 pm

Well.... making her mad apparently worked at giving her enough strength to become alert and snarl back at him. The irritation in her eyes revealed even more as Sharpleaf added her own snide insult while trying to shift herself for any comfort. Although Sabre was amused by the burst of her temper, he kept his reaction in check with a stern expression while studying the wound at her side.

"Yes. They did, actually," He muttered a sarcastic retort while drenching a scrap of leather from one of his pouches with the water from his flask. His hand was careful when cleaning the gash across her skin before pressing a small mound of moss like substance over the injury. "Hold that and keep pressure on it."

Now fumbling through his bag again, he found a thin leather garment which was one of his last, and began slicing it with his hunting knife while helping to distract Sharpleaf from her pain with another comment of observation. "How does a hunter not hear the heavy footfalls of a bear approaching?"

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Sharp leaf rp    Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:37 pm

She scowled as she pressed down on the moss letting out s slight hiss of pain. It seems the elf intention wasn't to make her mad but keep her ...awake

"I haven't eaten for days..I was focused on getting the rabbit cut up so I could finally get some meat .the damn bear caught me off guard ....I didn't hear it sneak up on me ...and I never said I was that good of a hunter. My father was only able to teach me for a few seasons before he was killed in a hunting trip "

"And what use would a sour elf be... scaring away mates?" She teased laughing. Slightly before stopping due to the pain
Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Sharp leaf rp    Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:50 pm

He dismissed her claims about her sire for now, not wanting to bring up any sorrowful memories, but Sabre did let out a snort of his own frustration at her final words when using his teeth to help cut the leather. While carefully bringing the strip around her waist, he then tied it securely to hold the moss against the wound while hoping the injury wasn't too infested for the healing qualities of the plant to set in.

Now handing her the flask to drink from, Sabre directed his attention on putting his belongings back into the sack while shrugging at her question. "Sour I may be, but fitting for me. I choose to be alone, and being a... pucker fruit?" He paused at the unfamiliar title then shrugged with indifference again. "It suits me."

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Sharp leaf rp    Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:53 pm

sharp leaf quickly drank half of the flask as she licked her lips handing it back to him " hmpf it'd allways the handsome ones that are sour as my mother would say ".

She grimaced as she put the rest of her shirt down " I want to go back to where the bear attacked me...I have to get my bow and bag ..yes I know the bow is broken and useless but it's the last thing I have from my sire...unless the bag is stil whole and there "
Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Sharp leaf rp    Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:00 pm

Yet another snort blew through his nose as Sabre rose up to stand. "You're staying put. If you move about now, you'll only bleed more."

Honestly, was he that stubborn and foolish when he was that young?

He anticipated an argument from the lone elf, but before Sharpleaf could utter a word, the hunter spun on his heel and began to set off where he previously found her and the bear. "It's not far. I'll retrieve your belongings and Gnawbranch will stay with you." If anything, the brief retreat would give his mind blessed reprieve from having to be in another's company, which he wasn't accustomed to.

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Sharp leaf rp    Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:41 pm

She scowled at him but listened. She sank back into the tree hearing the breathing of the wolf in front of her . She tapped her fingers on the ground a  sigh escaping her ...hopefully he would be long

She reached her hand out touching the snout of the wolf stroking its fur softly " handsome fella huh ? Why you stuck with such a grouch hmm?.....my father all ways spoke of elves who rode wolves "
Back to top Go down
Sharp leaf

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Sharp leaf rp    Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:40 pm

" interesting name...is it due to your chewing on branches ?" She inquired knowing she get no response from such a beast
Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Sharp leaf rp    Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:32 pm

It didn’t take Sabre long to find the elf’s possessions. Now grabbing the bag and broken bow, he spun around in haste and headed back to Sharpleaf before risking the bear picking up his scent should the beast still be nearby. Hopefully, the injured elf would be up to traveling again because their current location didn’t settle well with him. Yet with every rushed step, the night drew closer and forcing him to admit that they may have no choice but to remain where he left her.

Once Gnawbranch and the stranger came into view again, Sabre’s own irritation began to eat at the back of his mind. He bore no loyalty or obligation to Sharpleaf, but he simply couldn’t leave one who was injured to fend for themselves when they could barely walk, let alone hunt in order to eat.

Perhaps the High Ones were testing him, or punishing him for leaving his tribe.

Once he reached the awaiting pair, Sabre calmly handed Sharpleaf her belongings before silently turning away and grabbing one of his smaller bags tied to the large one. After untwisting the leather ties, he handed it to her without so much as a glance. “Here. Treenuts and berries. Eat your fill, because I’ve had no luck hunting today.”

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Sharp leaf rp    Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:54 pm

She took the food quickly out of his hand it didn't take her long to finish the food off .she wiped at her face as she glance over to the rather sour looking elf " thank you " she said softly .

She dug into the damaged bag pulling out a flask..it was small and she tossed it towards him " here it...a rather strong drink my sire made...Ah I think it was made from..berries of some sort ? Don't have much of ... a liking towards them myself...my sire enjoyed them a bit too much "

He all ways enjoyed them to the point of her mother hiding his stash a reason why she didn't like it much . But maybe he would find more use of it . She sighed as she put the bag down holding the broken bits of the bow " so.....what tribe do you come from..if you don't mind me asking ?"
Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Sharp leaf rp    Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:22 pm

He neither asked, or expected anything in return, but took Sharpleaf’s offer none the less with a brief nod and muttered thanks. As he listened to her explain, Sabre took a wiff of the drink, finding it to be a foreign scent, yet sweet enough to try a taste.

“My tribe was the Go-Backs. From the great white cold of the mountains.” He grumbled with few fond memories when he chose to leave them without a word. He didn’t dive into the details, since he still beheld the bitterness for what was left of his tribe mates after the Palace was taken. Nor did he comment over her obvious hunger as fast as she consumed his own offering of food.

By the moons, just how many days had she really gone without a decent amount of meat? And by how thin she appeared, it was a wonder how she survived thus far alone. The thought drew Sabre to sigh in disgust as his gaze scanned over the area again with barely any light left in the day. “Exactly what did your sire teach you about hunting before he died?”  

He nearly said “didn’t teach you”, but thought better of it.

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Sharp leaf rp    Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:29 pm

Her face flushed in embarrassment " how to make a trap to catch And ..... some hunting ? Not....not really he was more interested in that horrid drink after my mother passed from an illness then teaching me how to properly hunt . I've been getting by on food form roots and berries that i find ...my mother taught me that " she said as she scowled .

" he taught me how to make arrows but that was it ...I was lucky to of hit that stupid rabbit ...But now that's gone and this bow is useless " she hissed as she threw the prices to her side wincing as it caused a flare of pain .

"My...my mother she told me of tribes ...of the wolf riders and the go backs ..my mother never told me which she was from ...But my father came from the plains runners a very ...violent tribe " she glanced over to saber
Back to top Go down
Sharp leaf

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Sharp leaf rp    Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:57 am

"Hmpfh but my ramblings of what I once had are of no use now ...nothing but stupid memories " she grumbled as she pulled a small necklace out of the bag it was a shiny stone one that had been craved into a little wolf ..her mother had it And had given it to her before her death saying ...it had been a reminder of home
Back to top Go down

Sharp leaf rp
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next