Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Feb 2016 Grab Bag - Stories, Poetry, Songs, Lyrics, Art, Etc.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tymber

Tymber

Feb 2016 Grab Bag - Stories, Poetry, Songs, Lyrics, Art, Etc. Empty
PostSubject: Feb 2016 Grab Bag - Stories, Poetry, Songs, Lyrics, Art, Etc.   Feb 2016 Grab Bag - Stories, Poetry, Songs, Lyrics, Art, Etc. EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 5:27 pm

All stories, poems, lyrics and art, must be ElfQuest related (not necessarily the ElfQuest canon characters, we all know and love; but take place within the "ElfQuest" Universe). Stories/poems/lyrics must contain all elements, while art just needs to contain at least one:

A New Beginning
Change
want to make a difference
Facing One's Fears

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Feb 2016 Grab Bag - Stories, Poetry, Songs, Lyrics, Art, Etc.   Feb 2016 Grab Bag - Stories, Poetry, Songs, Lyrics, Art, Etc. EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 3:45 am

Gears are already turning. Love how these elements are all related to each other. Cutter Cool

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Feb 2016 Grab Bag - Stories, Poetry, Songs, Lyrics, Art, Etc.   Feb 2016 Grab Bag - Stories, Poetry, Songs, Lyrics, Art, Etc. EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 5:00 am

Bridge of Destiny

Cross your Bridge of Destiny,
walk to the other side.
You can make a difference
if you dare change your mind.
Today is your new beginning.

Yup! The ultra-short poems are back!

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Feb 2016 Grab Bag - Stories, Poetry, Songs, Lyrics, Art, Etc.   Feb 2016 Grab Bag - Stories, Poetry, Songs, Lyrics, Art, Etc. EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 3:32 am

Sitting here ... wondering what it can be about besides the obvious.

My mind WANTS to find the unxpected meaning! ... *loves ultra-short interpretable poems*

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Feb 2016 Grab Bag - Stories, Poetry, Songs, Lyrics, Art, Etc.   Feb 2016 Grab Bag - Stories, Poetry, Songs, Lyrics, Art, Etc. EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 3:39 am

Well... how did you know there would be an unexpected meaning besides the obvious?

Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Feb 2016 Grab Bag - Stories, Poetry, Songs, Lyrics, Art, Etc.   Feb 2016 Grab Bag - Stories, Poetry, Songs, Lyrics, Art, Etc. EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 3:41 am

Experiance!

... and you've just confirmed it! Twisted Evil

EDIT: And I'm pretty sure there was a line in the sense of: "This is my Bridge of Destiny." ... but no idea by whom and when ... @@

Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Feb 2016 Grab Bag - Stories, Poetry, Songs, Lyrics, Art, Etc.   Feb 2016 Grab Bag - Stories, Poetry, Songs, Lyrics, Art, Etc. EmptyMon Feb 15, 2016 8:06 pm

A New Beginning
Change
Want to make a difference
Facing One's Fears

Buren had proven himself an adequate hunter. Though he lacked the agility and skill to leap from tree to tree, as the rest of Stonehowl was accustomed to, during a hunt; Buren had now grown into a strong, well-built human, whose muscles rippled with every move. Together, they had formed a new hunting pattern; the elves would stick to the trees and shoot arrows and throw spears at their prey, and lead it to Buren, who stood ready with a net to snare the hunted animals.

As a human, living among these elves as he had, was something new to him. He had spent his entire childhood, preached by his father by the “demons of the sea” who his father raged an endless war against. The fear that his father harvested in his son, he tried to shape into anger and aggression, so that his son would one day become a great warrior, to stand and perhaps one day, take his place as chief among the men. But there was no greater fear for Buren, ever in his life, like the day he had seen his father slaughter members of Stonehowl without care or remorse; men, children, women – none were safe. As if his life had not been complicated enough back then, he had noticed that one of the children, an infant, thought to have been slain was actually still alive – and he faced his greatest fear – not these “demons” – but his father, in order to save that “demon child.”

He had come a long way since then. The idea of his father, his former tribe, were all but a distant memory these days, as he lived blissfully with the Stonehowl elves; more importantly, with the woman who had saved his life, and whom he had fallen deeply in love with over the years, and she with him; none other than Stream.

In an attempt to heal Buren, after realizing he had saved Snowspring’s life, Stream also made a great sacrifice. Pulling Buren from the edge of death, Stream had “burned out” her own magical healing abilities, like a flame who has burned its final, ashen log. It had been seven cycles now, and her abilities had not yet returned. Still, there is nothing she would change – nor would any of the members of Stonehowl ask her to change the choice she made.

They had all faced their fears. They all wanted a new beginning. A chance to make a difference. A chance for change.

No idea what's going on? Who are these elves? Read the Stonehowl Grab Bag Synopsis.

REGULAR SURVIVING STONE HOWL:
• Shadow (Male Soul Name: Tyru) – Black Hair, Tanned, Green Eyes (Elder brother to Purespring, Chief)
• Foxhair (Female Soul Name: Loun) – Red Hair, Green Eyes (Hunter)
• Snowspring (Female, Soul Name: Tylo – Black Hair, Green Eyes) – Seven years old. Daughter of Shadow and Foxhair.
• Spearclaw (Male, Soul name: Lren) – Brown Hair, Green Eyes (Scout)
• Vineweaver (Male Soul Name: Reyk) – Auburn Hair, Blue Eyes (Tree shaper, Soul Mate of Stillbreeze, Plant Shaper)
• Stillbreeze (Female Soul Name: Hewl) – Brown Hair, Brown Eyes (Soul Mate of Vineweaver, Tanner)
• Echo (Male Soul Name: Ayav) – Brown Hair, Green Eyes (Cub of Stillbreeze & Vineweaver, Magic)- About Sixteen years old.
• Windfetcher (Female Soul Name: Burm) – Auburn Hair, Brown Eyes (Cub of Stillbreeze & Vineweaver, Next Potential Chief… If She Has Her Way!) – About sixteen years old
• Snowcloud (Female, Soul Name: Mill) – White Hair, Green Eyes (based off white lions)
• Stream (Female Soul Name: Vree) – Red Hair, Green Eyes (Healer)
• Buren (Human, Brown hair, hazel eyes) – About 18 years old in human years

Startear

Startear

Aquarius Goat

PostSubject: Re: Feb 2016 Grab Bag - Stories, Poetry, Songs, Lyrics, Art, Etc.   Feb 2016 Grab Bag - Stories, Poetry, Songs, Lyrics, Art, Etc. EmptyFri Feb 26, 2016 9:08 pm

It took a while, but I finally have something for you!

Skyfire

It’s time for change,
time to do what feels so right.
Even if that means doing what you can’t.
Face your fears, daughter of Prey-Pacer.
Give them all a new beginning.

Thanks to Embala for the lovely banner! The quote belongs to Scooter.
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Feb 2016 Grab Bag - Stories, Poetry, Songs, Lyrics, Art, Etc.   Feb 2016 Grab Bag - Stories, Poetry, Songs, Lyrics, Art, Etc. EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 3:41 am

Now I wonder; did Skyfire ever had to cross her Bridge of Destiny

To Embala:
For mine I had a very specific scene from the beginning of the OQ (other than the obvious) but as always, if you can think of others then they're true too.

Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Feb 2016 Grab Bag - Stories, Poetry, Songs, Lyrics, Art, Etc.   Feb 2016 Grab Bag - Stories, Poetry, Songs, Lyrics, Art, Etc. EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 8:52 am

@Ember-- didn't she have to battle her brother for the destiny of her people? That kinda counts, I think.

Startear

Startear

Aquarius Goat

PostSubject: Re: Feb 2016 Grab Bag - Stories, Poetry, Songs, Lyrics, Art, Etc.   Feb 2016 Grab Bag - Stories, Poetry, Songs, Lyrics, Art, Etc. EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 9:20 am

Yeah, that's what I was thinking when I wrote this. The Two-Spear comics put a lot of weight on how, despite thinking Two-Spear is so WRONG, she couldn't challenge him. Until she realizes that she can't skirt the issue anymore. She rightly fears th consequences of challenging... but not doing it has is far graver.

Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Feb 2016 Grab Bag - Stories, Poetry, Songs, Lyrics, Art, Etc.   Feb 2016 Grab Bag - Stories, Poetry, Songs, Lyrics, Art, Etc. EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 10:11 am

Just think it was kinda funny that Startear and I both chose to write short five-line poems. Both of them ending with the new beginning.

Back to top Go down
Startear

Startear

Aquarius Goat

PostSubject: Re: Feb 2016 Grab Bag - Stories, Poetry, Songs, Lyrics, Art, Etc.   Feb 2016 Grab Bag - Stories, Poetry, Songs, Lyrics, Art, Etc. EmptySun Feb 28, 2016 8:43 am

Now that you mention it... yeah! Drinking

Back to top Go down
Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Feb 2016 Grab Bag - Stories, Poetry, Songs, Lyrics, Art, Etc.   Feb 2016 Grab Bag - Stories, Poetry, Songs, Lyrics, Art, Etc. EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 12:16 am

Startear wrote:
It took a while, but I finally have something for you!
Skyfire
It’s time for change,
time to do what feels so right.
Even if that means doing what you can’t.
Face your fears, daughter of Prey-Pacer.
Give them all a new beginning.

Startear wrote:
The Two-Spear comics put a lot of weight on how, despite thinking Two-Spear is so WRONG, she couldn't challenge him. Until she realizes that she can't skirt the issue anymore. She rightly fears th consequences of challenging... but not doing it has is far graver.

You know, it's funny - when I first read ElfQuest (this is when the B&W issues of the OQ were coming out), I began with issue #2. So when I read issue #4, and it showed Two-Spear when they were doing the Blood of Ten Chief story, that would lead to Bearclaw's story - it was Two-Spear who stuck out the most to me. I was immediately drawn to how he looked, the dual spears, the whole bit. He was the one I wanted to know more about.

And then, it happens, and they make him pretty much a little bit crazy and blood thirsty. Which, I was okay with - but as the stories progressed and we learned more and more about him - he seemed to get crazier and crazier.

Which makes your poem, much more impact, that someone had to take a stand.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Feb 2016 Grab Bag - Stories, Poetry, Songs, Lyrics, Art, Etc.   Feb 2016 Grab Bag - Stories, Poetry, Songs, Lyrics, Art, Etc. Empty

Back to top Go down

Feb 2016 Grab Bag - Stories, Poetry, Songs, Lyrics, Art, Etc.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Father Tree Holt :: ElfQuest FanArt and FanFiction-
Jump to: