Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

There and back again; a neverending tale.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tymber

Tymber

There and back again; a neverending tale. Empty
PostSubject: There and back again; a neverending tale.   There and back again; a neverending tale. EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 8:23 pm

So back in 2004 (November) - my friend and I began a trek of creating a Neverwinter Nights machinima series called Neverending Nights - and much to our surprise, found folks who enjoyed the madness we had created. The series concluded after 65 episodes (ending in Jan 2013).

I have bounced back and forth with returning to the series and beginning a new adventure - but a lot of the original actors have long since moved out of San Diego. (And I dislike recording over Skype or other means; when it's not a controlled environment where it's very quiet), because several episodes suffered because of it (in terms of audio).

Well, the other day - someone had mentioned that the series is still pretty fun - but pretty rough at 800x600 resolution when they expand it to full screen (it blurs horrible and pixelates).

So then I thought - why don't I re-film the entire series and do what I can to "fix" the audio (as much as possible; in some cases, there's just going to be no helping it, for example when some lines were recorded by someone who lived on the other side of the US and recorded their lines on an iPhone).

Here is the original Episode 01:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3LXflc9np4

And here is the re-filmed 1080p (true HD) version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Wr4-u9-zw0

I plan on re-releasing each episode every Saturday (for the next 65 Saturdays, as time permits).

If you enjoyed the new HD version; please share it and help get the word out. I'd GREATLY appreciate it.

Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: There and back again; a neverending tale.   There and back again; a neverending tale. EmptyTue Aug 02, 2016 2:21 pm

Still doing this for this interested and currently on Episode 20...

Episode 20 in HD.

This episode goes over everyone - we see Peter and Grayson discussing their plans - and their next move - to tackle the dragon! We also cut over to Andrea the Assassin and Daniel the Destructive as they take a short cut through the Plains of Desolation... and finally, cut over to Pawl the Dorf who meets some rather unique looking "Mountain Dwarves"...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pM19dI5Iogs&index=20&list=PLbRG7dzFI-u3EJd0usasgDrrFO3mZ1lOZ

Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: There and back again; a neverending tale.   There and back again; a neverending tale. EmptySun Nov 12, 2017 12:01 am

Still do these, now up to episode 31...

EPISODE 31: SIDE EFFECTS... MAY VARY.

With Peter and Grayson paying for Pawl the Dorf's reincarnation, the dynamic duo realizes they're in need of more funds again. Lucky for them, the City of Blackmire has the one place Peter and Grayson know very well - second only to the layout of a good, drinking tavern - and that is - a Wishing Well. When Grayson dives in to scrounge up some coins, a young girl tells them about the curse of those, whose wishes become undone when coins are stolen. (Who could this possibly impact? Well, this episode tells you that!) At the same time, Pawl the Dorf talks to the odd priest about doing a reincarnation - and the two of them complete the spell - but at what price?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUAqgT57sxM&list=PLbRG7dzFI-u3EJd0usasgDrrFO3mZ1lOZ&index=31

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: There and back again; a neverending tale.   There and back again; a neverending tale. EmptyFri Nov 17, 2017 1:37 am

Very Happy It's great to see you still have fun with this, Tymber!

I've looked into this episodeand learned two things:
1. You put a lot of effort and thought an fun into this!
2. My listening comprehension is about as bad as my speaking competences.

... and I was happy to get a life sign this way. ^^

Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: There and back again; a neverending tale.   There and back again; a neverending tale. EmptyThu Nov 12, 2020 12:13 am

Embala wrote:
Very Happy It's great to see you still have fun with this, Tymber!
I've looked into this episodeand learned two things:
1. You put a lot of effort and thought an fun into this!
2. My listening comprehension is about as bad as my speaking competences.
... and I was happy to get a life sign this way. ^^

Phew. It's been forever since I came back to this. I'm still doing this - but a recent health issue that arose prevented me from proceeding (but things are better - or getting better) - and I plan to get back to this. I am on Episode 59 now. I am almost done, because it runs 65 episodes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Wr4-u9-zw0&list=PLbRG7dzFI-u3EJd0usasgDrrFO3mZ1lOZ&ab_channel=NeverendingNights

Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: There and back again; a neverending tale.   There and back again; a neverending tale. EmptyMon Mar 15, 2021 7:46 pm

I just posted the final episode of my 65 episode show.
Many years in the making.

If you wanted to catch it from the start -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Wr4-u9-zw0&list=PLbRG7dzFI-u3EJd0usasgDrrFO3mZ1lOZ&ab_channel=NeverendingNights

TrollHammer

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: There and back again; a neverending tale.   There and back again; a neverending tale. EmptyTue Mar 16, 2021 2:39 pm

Thabks for posting it up. As mentioned previously on a different episode of postings, I have some RL stuff to catch up on and Ill get right into binge watching it. Hope you are having fun with your next endeavor, whichever it may be!

PostSubject: Re: There and back again; a neverending tale.   There and back again; a neverending tale. Empty

Back to top Go down

There and back again; a neverending tale.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Father Tree Holt :: Off Topics-
Jump to: