HomePortalCalendarFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Crack Pairings and Odd Shipping Galore

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Crack Pairings and Odd Shipping Galore   Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:04 am

Wouldn't be surprised if they hooked up, considering Skywise's tendency of hip-thrusting toward new women.

'We're all broken, in different ways, in varying degrees.'
Back to top Go down
Relena

PostSubject: Re: Crack Pairings and Odd Shipping Galore   Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:59 am

@Lunakat and @Shadowpath
It just so happens that I have the Hidden Years book, since it has to be one of my favorite books in the EQ series.

Anyway I scanned some of it so here we go.

Here they are, possibly eyeing eachother.

Here is Skywise looking like he's trying to bait her..

And here is the next panel where Tyleet deflects his advance to Leetah lol

And I think this is where I started to like Cutter x Tyleet as well

I would be completely down for a Cutter x Tyleet x Skywise three sum Very Happy I love you
Back to top Go down
Sifra

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Crack Pairings and Odd Shipping Galore   Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:16 am

Relenea that pic is very cute! Smile These are very interesting pairings!

PostSubject: Re: Crack Pairings and Odd Shipping Galore   Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:03 pm

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Crack Pairings and Odd Shipping Galore   Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:06 pm

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Crack Pairings and Odd Shipping Galore   Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:08 pm

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Crack Pairings and Odd Shipping Galore   Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:10 pm

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Crack Pairings and Odd Shipping Galore   Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:16 pm

See- I think they were pairing up... until Scouter

Relena

PostSubject: Re: Crack Pairings and Odd Shipping Galore   Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:48 pm

Oh wow this is freken adorable! I love you cathat Well, the art isn't that great but I love the little adventure they go on - spying on the others lol.

Looks like Skywise is trying to *hint* *hint* *nudge* *nudge* proposition Tyleet again and she just ignores him completely. lol

Aaaa what could have been if not for stupid Scouter. Or was it stupid writers? I can't remember if the whole Scouter x Tyleet recognition was on Wendy or the new people they gathered up during the 90's.

By the way, is there any more Skywise x Tyleet that you can think of? If there is could you PM it to me? Who knows, I might make a fanfiction on them one day.
Back to top Go down
Sifra

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Crack Pairings and Odd Shipping Galore   Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:36 pm

I never read that part. It is adorable! I love you I love you

PostSubject: Re: Crack Pairings and Odd Shipping Galore   Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:41 am

You should definitely write a fanfic of that! Set the story in this time period.

I think this pretty much ends in this issue-- because the next thing Tyleet does is recognize Scouter. The next time she and Skywise interact is when she asks him to go free her human friend with her. Skywise makes his break, but her hair gets caught on a screw under a wagon. She gets captured-- and Scouter gets angry. The human who finds her is Shuna's dad. He takes her to his house-- and Shuna helps her escape (which is why Shuna leaves her family). If I recall correctly-- Scouter is really miffed at Skywise for letting Tyleet get into that situation. I can't remember who sets him straight. Somehow, Scouter ends up stuffed in a chimney, and Tyleet is fine.

Relena

PostSubject: Re: Crack Pairings and Odd Shipping Galore   Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:59 pm

Lunakat wrote:
You should definitely write a fanfic of that! Set the story in this time period.

I think this pretty much ends in this issue-- because the next thing Tyleet does is recognize Scouter. The next time she and Skywise interact is when she asks him to go free her human friend with her. Skywise makes his break, but her hair gets caught on a screw under a wagon. She gets captured-- and Scouter gets angry. The human who finds her is Shuna's dad. He takes her to his house-- and Shuna helps her escape (which is why Shuna leaves her family). If I recall correctly-- Scouter is really miffed at Skywise for letting Tyleet get into that situation. I can't remember who sets him straight. Somehow, Scouter ends up stuffed in a chimney, and Tyleet is fine.

Honestly, I wouldn't have minded the Tyleet x Scouter thing if it was OQ Scouter but yeah - the Scouter in Shards/Hidden Years was awful and his character changed for the worst.

BTW found some light Ember x Dart.

Back to top Go down
Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Crack Pairings and Odd Shipping Galore   Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:06 pm

Ember and dart would have been so cute!

You know... Teir isn't that far off.

Prism

PostSubject: Re: Crack Pairings and Odd Shipping Galore   Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:41 pm

Here's 2 of a potential daughter of Skywise/Tyleet Recognition.
Back to top Go down
Relena

PostSubject: Re: Crack Pairings and Odd Shipping Galore   Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:51 pm

Lunakat wrote:
Ember and dart would have been so cute!

You know... Teir isn't that far off.

They would have had a pretty kick a** kid. And like I stated earlier, I would have loved to see the reactions of Cutter and Strongbow since they seem to butt heads quite a bit. It also would have given Dart more of a presence in the main story as a whole and they would have had a child that actually mattered.

@Prism those are adorable Smile
Back to top Go down
Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: Crack Pairings and Odd Shipping Galore   Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:06 pm

Don't want to come across mean, but why are fans so bent on pairing up elves and have them have children? One can have a meaningful life, even a loving romantic relationship without children.

PostSubject: Re: Crack Pairings and Odd Shipping Galore   Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:44 pm

Good point

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Crack Pairings and Odd Shipping Galore   Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:27 pm

What if we also include characters who should never (or should never have been) parents.

I'm just gonna throw out "Door" here.

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Crack Pairings and Odd Shipping Galore   Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:26 am

Ember and Dart *do* recognize in Wingthing's alternaverse, and it's not nice at all Very Happy It's actually terrifying for her though less so for him. It was an interesting read because it totally wasn't the whole 'let's get together forever and make babies and be life mates' kind of story. There are feelings of repulsion and fear and betrayal, and there's that whole reproductive urge thing going on in the middle of all that, which makes it highly interesting, I feel.

Before we do the whole 'never be parents' thing, I just wanted to add a couple that I wanted to see 'continue' their time together (not sure if I mentioned it before on this thread) : Mender and Yun. They were SO GOOD together in Wild Hunt. Best buddies with great sexual chemistry and some good heart to heart talks. I know they were just love mates, but they really seemed to hit it off. I'm sorry, I've just never seen Dart and Mender as anything remotely interesting or even believable.

I like to pair off elves sometimes because sometimes it's like, Let's see how this ferret gets along with this porcupine over here (personality-wise) lol. Like if the temperaments are so different and there's this incredible pull to reproduce, how's it going to play out?

Back to top Go down
Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Crack Pairings and Odd Shipping Galore   Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:05 am

Wingthing's universe has most characters out of character though.

Relena

PostSubject: Re: Crack Pairings and Odd Shipping Galore   Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:16 am

Miss Gillespie wrote:
Don't want to come across mean, but why are fans so bent on pairing up elves and have them have children? One can have a meaningful life, even a loving romantic relationship without children.

No, not at all Very Happy I mentioned children between Ember and Dart because Dart actually did have a child, who we never really knew much of. Had he been the child of Ember and Dart, you can be damn sure he would have been relevant.

Zadzi wrote:
Ember and Dart *do* recognize in Wingthing's alternaverse, and it's not nice at all.

There are feelings of repulsion and fear and betrayal, and there's that whole reproductive urge thing going on in the middle of all that, which makes it highly interesting, I feel.

Repulsion, fear, and betrayal between those two? As their canon personalities go, I would think Ember and Dart would have one of the least dramatic and complicated recognitions. Fathers not withstanding of course.
Back to top Go down
sun girl

PostSubject: Re: Crack Pairings and Odd Shipping Galore   Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:47 am

Relena wrote:
Zadzi wrote:
Ember and Dart *do* recognize in Wingthing's alternaverse, and it's not nice at all.

There are feelings of repulsion and fear and betrayal, and there's that whole reproductive urge thing going on in the middle of all that, which makes it highly interesting, I feel.

Repulsion, fear, and betrayal between those two? As their canon personalities go, I would think Ember and Dart would have one of the least dramatic and complicated recognitions. Fathers not withstanding of course.

Has less to do with their personalities and more to do with entirely different circumstances from canon.
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Crack Pairings and Odd Shipping Galore   Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:19 am

Yeah-- Dart and Ember would have been an easy match with mutual understanding and aligned interests. It would have been a very Wolfridery union.

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Crack Pairings and Odd Shipping Galore   Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:19 am

Except for Dart being more into guys!

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Crack Pairings and Odd Shipping Galore   Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:25 pm

Miss Gillespie wrote:
I think part of the fascination is that this child can be YOUR character. Connected to canon in a way ... but the real story will never interfere with your imagination of what would happen to the couple ... and to YOUR what-if child.

From my pov pairing up canon chars and let them have kids is rarely about mother-/fatherhhood but aims for a character you can use and fancy about your way.

Indem du etwas tust, das dir oder jemand anderem gefällt, erschaffst du bereits einen Wert.
Back to top Go down

Crack Pairings and Odd Shipping Galore
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next