Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

2Paw Artstuffs: Breet-dee-deet! (Wolf Bigthing's Tablet)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Twopaw

Twopaw

Capricorn Snake

2Paw Artstuffs: Breet-dee-deet! (Wolf Bigthing's Tablet) Empty
PostSubject: 2Paw Artstuffs: Breet-dee-deet! (Wolf Bigthing's Tablet)   2Paw Artstuffs: Breet-dee-deet! (Wolf Bigthing's Tablet) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 12:16 pm

I finally picked up my copy of Final Quest #14 (although this first picture was complete prior to my doing so) and I thought I'd finally put up a pic or two of mine. (Edited to remove spoiler: Sorry!)

Here's the first: A reworking of my IC self, Twopaw Tarnished-Silver, drawn entirely on my WACOM Intuous (the first one in quite some time) tablet:

2Paw Artstuffs: Breet-dee-deet! (Wolf Bigthing's Tablet) LQUAU0y

(First disclaimer, and request for the moderators: if any of my pictures end up being too big to manage properly upon posting (I'm trying to keep my pictures at less than 800p either vertically or horizontally) please let me know, and I'll resize the pictures and post the replacement links; I use Imgur, an image hoster that makes this quite simple for me.)

And this is a picture of 2Paw's Dam (partly based on my own, with her permission), Wintersong; War Chief and all-around happy camper:

2Paw Artstuffs: Breet-dee-deet! (Wolf Bigthing's Tablet) LVPbvSJ

Twopaw is not quite so growly as she would prefer, but they definitely agree about good eating on the hoof!

This is an older picture of my Wolfen (possibly ex-Wolfen) character Boethermsbrukan, recently reworked with tidying and inking redoings:

2Paw Artstuffs: Breet-dee-deet! (Wolf Bigthing's Tablet) 0AhAaRE

This is a more 'recent' picture of Boe, in this case in colour and with her full mane:

2Paw Artstuffs: Breet-dee-deet! (Wolf Bigthing's Tablet) JYlwI2J

This is a bust shot of 2Paw's 500-year-old 'Auntie' Mukaitch, Old Longtail Woman, a venerable and knowledgable werecougar who has been associated with his Dam's family for dozens of generations:

2Paw Artstuffs: Breet-dee-deet! (Wolf Bigthing's Tablet) PcEbEZg

This is a picture of 2Paw's deceased Gran'Dam (based loosely on my RL Gran'), Night-Of-Spears:

2Paw Artstuffs: Breet-dee-deet! (Wolf Bigthing's Tablet) LLwNeDS

And last but not least, Twopaw smiling! ^_^ Toofs!

2Paw Artstuffs: Breet-dee-deet! (Wolf Bigthing's Tablet) SwxuHuu

Enjoy, Cubs, Elders and friends of all shapes and shines!

-2Paw.

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: 2Paw Artstuffs: Breet-dee-deet! (Wolf Bigthing's Tablet)   2Paw Artstuffs: Breet-dee-deet! (Wolf Bigthing's Tablet) EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 10:07 pm

This old growler looks pettable! I like the contrasting hairfur with the dark "sideburns". For some reason the fur seems to have teddybear quality while the ears look very soft and silken.

Some strong Dams here! Wintersong looks really angry. I like the red claw polish - nice detail. ^^

Actually I like Boe's older self. The the lively shading shows clearer in the uncolored drawing. The ear position, the "smile" and the whiskers give her a miscievous expression and the ear rings are a badass touch.
New Boe looks wilder, more like an animal and "more male". Bear with me ... I just try to get used to bulky figures for females. I like how the colors of mane, face fur and body fur melt at the borders - just enough to make the fur feel real. Muzzle, nose and part around the eyes turned out very realsistic and speaking. The jaws are impressive but don't scare me ... now. The green eyes are a great contrast.

'Auntie' Mukaitch - I simply like her. This face caught my eyes ... maybe because I love cuguars.

Night-Of-Spears is ... frightening. The way he's drawn - his pose, expression and shading together with the overly muscular body - makes him a creature born from the deep shadows of the night itself.

Hehe... Twopaw again in extreme close-up! Interesting coloring ... it appears random and unfinished when I look at details but when I "step back" to view the whole pictures it makes a believable fur.
Not quite sure whether this grin is scary-friendly or scaring ... decided to grin back! Wink

Last edited by Embala on Sun May 01, 2016 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: 2Paw Artstuffs: Breet-dee-deet! (Wolf Bigthing's Tablet)   2Paw Artstuffs: Breet-dee-deet! (Wolf Bigthing's Tablet) EmptySun May 01, 2016 9:06 am

Cool! Twopaw smiling makes me smile. He has a good heart. :-)

Back to top Go down
Twopaw

Twopaw

Capricorn Snake

PostSubject: Re: 2Paw Artstuffs: Breet-dee-deet! (Wolf Bigthing's Tablet)   2Paw Artstuffs: Breet-dee-deet! (Wolf Bigthing's Tablet) EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 3:47 am

Embala, good morning!

Embala wrote:
This old growler looks pettable! I like the contrasting hairfur with the dark "sideburns". For some reason the fur seems to have teddybear quality while the ears look very soft and silken.

She's got a lovely coat, although you do need to put up with her being a growly old lady with reasonable frequency. Behind all those teeth, she's like my brothers and I: earscratches! Melt, we do!

Embala wrote:
Some strong Dams here! Wintersong looks really angry. I like the red claw polish - nice detail. ^^

She seems to keep it up just to keep all of her pack on edge, I admit. Mum is good at what she does, and one of the things she does is keep her pups in line! ^_^

Embala wrote:
Actually I like Boe's older self. The the lively shading shows clearer in the uncolored drawing. The ear position, the "smile" and the whiskers give her a miscievous expression and the ear rings are a badass touch.

Thanks kindly for saying so! ^_^ I'm really glad I decided to revisit the original picture this one was derived from, judging by the commentary (yours included, E) I've gotten in my direction about her. Initially this fellow (male, as in) was going to be a supporting character in a story I've been working on for a number of years, but I felt more comfortable with it being a more up-to-date picture of Boethermsbrukan. Ack, sorry about taking a three-hour pause in writing this message; I was trying to find a better resolution copy of this pic:

2Paw Artstuffs: Breet-dee-deet! (Wolf Bigthing's Tablet) 8KWcjrA

...which I've had as my signature on the RPG community site for the fantasy world Boe is based in for several months, but I have no idea if anyone's actually seen it, as no-one's replied to or included in any context of ongoing discussion anything I've posted there in the last year and a half. Anyway, enough with my griping. ^_^

Embala wrote:
New Boe looks wilder, more like an animal and "more male". Bear with me ... I just try to get used to bulky figures for females. I like how the colors of mane, face fur and body fur melt at the borders - just enough to make the fur feel real. Muzzle, nose and part around the eyes turned out very realsistic and speaking. The jaws are impressive but don't scare me ... now. The green eyes are a great contrast.

Heh! You hit the nail right on the head; her Wolfen Tribe is called the 'Ursa Rex' Tribe, because historically they've been built like tanks as wolfen go. This was the first time I really dove into colouring Boe's fur and mane the way I imagined her in my mind's eye, spurred on by the detail I put into the original drawing. If I'm including all of my pre-Internet days, she's taken form over the better part of twenty years, but having said that I don't think I had worked on an actual, completed drawing of her up until the last ten years or so. Both of the ones posted here don't go back more than that, if you count in the original 'version' of her older-self pic.

Embala wrote:
'Auntie' Mukaitch - I simply like her. This face caught my eyes ... maybe because I love cuguars.

I can't disagree! ^_^ Cougars and tigers are definitely my favourite big cats, and I knew I wanted an 'ancestor' of sorts for Twopaw IC that was a werecougar. She's not a blood ancestor, but she's most definitely family! Thank you kindly for saying so about her; she's a more recent creation in my mind but I love her dearly.

Embala wrote:
Night-Of-Spears is ... frightening. The way he's drawn - his pose, expression and shading together with the overly muscular body - makes him a creature born from the deep shadows of the night itself.

That's a 'she!' ^_^ Female, as in. Werewolves as my kin go don't always have humanlike breasts in their wolf-human forms, especially if they're older as therianthropes go and past-heat (childbearing) age. She in that picture is probably around seventy or eighty winters of age; my Dam's side are built more like refrigerators, but on my Sire's side (her only cub) they're whip-thin, lean and hungry-looking. She was a loving Gran', and I have many good memories of her. Smile

Embala wrote:
Hehe... Twopaw again in extreme close-up! Interesting coloring ... it appears random and unfinished when I look at details but when I "step back" to view the whole pictures it makes a believable fur.
Not quite sure whether this grin is scary-friendly or scaring ... decided to grin back! Wink

Happy to be! ^_^ That's just how I roll. Over. And get tummyrubs! Wags. Big smiles for an Embala-pack-kin!

Prayer wrote:
Cool! Twopaw smiling makes me smile. He has a good heart. :-)

Wagthumps! Thank you very kindly for saying so; I'm very proud of my smile, meant freely and with kindness! Cheekbumps a prayer, and thank you for posting back!

-2Paw.

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: 2Paw Artstuffs: Breet-dee-deet! (Wolf Bigthing's Tablet)   2Paw Artstuffs: Breet-dee-deet! (Wolf Bigthing's Tablet) EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 4:47 pm

*gives sctatches behind the ears* ... ah, softthicksilken fur ... oohhh *tummyrubs*

Twopaw

Twopaw

Capricorn Snake

PostSubject: Re: 2Paw Artstuffs: Breet-dee-deet! (Wolf Bigthing's Tablet)   2Paw Artstuffs: Breet-dee-deet! (Wolf Bigthing's Tablet) EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 5:21 pm

Embala wrote:
*gives sctatches behind the ears* ... ah, softthicksilken fur ... oohhh *tummyrubs*

D'aww, wagthumpwagthump!s. I need to keep sticking around if this is going to become a habit! ^_^ Danke danke for the ossum tummyrubs and earscritches; headbumps!

-2Paw.

PostSubject: Re: 2Paw Artstuffs: Breet-dee-deet! (Wolf Bigthing's Tablet)   2Paw Artstuffs: Breet-dee-deet! (Wolf Bigthing's Tablet) Empty

Back to top Go down

2Paw Artstuffs: Breet-dee-deet! (Wolf Bigthing's Tablet)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Father Tree Holt :: Non EQ Stories/Art-
Jump to: