Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Character Design by Prayer

Go down 
+6
PCoquelin
Elwing
G0lden
Shadowpath
Embala
Prayer
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

Character Design by Prayer - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Design by Prayer   Character Design by Prayer - Page 2 EmptyWed May 23, 2018 4:43 pm

Prayer wrote:
I am glad you like the first and last.
I like the first, the last ... and I like the middle drawing! Actually this one is the most fascinating and interersting for me. It triggers thoughts and associations. It ... invites to find own conclusions of the meaning, depending on the beholders mind set. And as far as I'm concerned - it's the best art of the triple!

Quote :
If I am sad I draw something sad / disturbing and creating it has a healing effect to me.
Now there's a misunderstanding.

First - never apologize for artwork you did because it has meaning for you. Even less when it is something that helped you. Hug Thank you for sharing!

Second - there was nothing sad or disturbing in this drawing for me. If I've conveyed that impression it's my part to apologize.

Third - I don't believe that there is ONE kind of balance. There's never just "one right way" to do something - neitehr in art and creativity nor in human and social interaction. Find your own balance, Christina - somewhere on the bandwidth between "all for global effect" and "all about detail". It need not be right in the middle.

btw: I LOVE to discover detail. It keeps me captive  to discover something at second, third ... and tenth view. ^^

Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Character Design by Prayer   Character Design by Prayer - Page 2 EmptyThu May 24, 2018 6:50 am

Sorry I misunderstood you. I just wanted to make clear that I don't like to create for a global effect. I draw my feelings, my interests...if someone likes it it's great that a person can relate. If not, I still stay true to myself. It's personal drawings.

So I am glad that you like the energy of my drawings and thank you so much for sharing your thoughts on it. I am very fascinated what different things people can see in a drawing. <3

Btw I love your balanced look on artworks! It reminds me of old masters like Da Vinci who created art after the 'golden ratio' of composition. He knew about balance in art to be crucial and important (in order to be pleasing to the eye) because he painted many huge commissions. Commission are different. They are not so personal (maybe a bit if the artist is granted much artistic freedom). :-)

Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Character Design by Prayer   Character Design by Prayer - Page 2 EmptyThu May 24, 2018 8:10 am

I like what I see. Nicely done.

Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Character Design by Prayer   Character Design by Prayer - Page 2 EmptyThu May 24, 2018 11:55 am

Thank you Golden.

Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Character Design by Prayer   Character Design by Prayer - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2021 4:48 am

Latest drawings on toned paper.

Character Design by Prayer - Page 2 Dreamy14
Dreamy Girl

Character Design by Prayer - Page 2 M210
Mermaid 1
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Character Design by Prayer   Character Design by Prayer - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2021 5:14 am

The Mermaid! Fishy Thanx for sharing.

Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Character Design by Prayer   Character Design by Prayer - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2021 5:32 am

Welcome, Yeee! Happy to share.  Character Design by Prayer - Page 2 1f60a
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Character Design by Prayer   Character Design by Prayer - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2021 5:58 pm

Mermaid looks gorgeous! I like the minimalized use of "color" ... and how many hues you've managed to get from it, Prayer! And I love that her tresses mimic the many arms of a squid.
Your avatar girl is a sweetheart. Elfy indeed I love you

Welcome back, Prayer. sunny You are an enrichment and I always love to see you. I love you

Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Character Design by Prayer   Character Design by Prayer - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2021 7:25 pm

Amazing new works!! Welcome back!!

https://linktr.ee/lisabit
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Character Design by Prayer   Character Design by Prayer - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2021 5:07 am

Thank you, Embala. Glad you like the mermaid. Your observations always give me new angles to look at a drawing. I love the comparison of the hair to a gigantic squid. I have never seen it like that before and it inspires me.

Aww thanks, good to see you again! I love you

Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Character Design by Prayer   Character Design by Prayer - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2021 5:09 am

Thank you Tynami! I love you

Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Character Design by Prayer   Character Design by Prayer - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2021 7:42 am

Very happy to see you again Prayer! You've been missed friend.
Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Character Design by Prayer   Character Design by Prayer - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2021 4:18 pm

Vaeri wrote:
Very happy to see you again Prayer! You've been missed friend.

@Vaeri Sorry I haven't seen your message. I have missed you, too, dear friend!

My little Star  Character Design by Prayer - Page 2 1f31f
Character Design by Prayer - Page 2 11711610
Back to top Go down
Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Character Design by Prayer   Character Design by Prayer - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2021 5:32 pm

Adorable little gal!!

https://linktr.ee/lisabit
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Character Design by Prayer   Character Design by Prayer - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2021 8:38 am

Thanks Tynami! She is an often reoccurring character in my scetchbooks. Smile

Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Character Design by Prayer   Character Design by Prayer - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2021 6:59 pm

A cute little star. Curious, did you always draw this style, or did it evolve to this while you were gone? Or is your EQ stuff just a seperate style? I just feel like I'm looking at a co.pletely different artist when i look at your art now and think of it in the past
Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Character Design by Prayer   Character Design by Prayer - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 06, 2021 6:21 am

Thank you, Vaeri!

To answer your question, this star girl is my evolved style. However I still like to draw in a variety of styles, kinda like a chameleon.^^

Think of this star girl above as a 'portrait style', though uncolored (didn't finish it and then I lost this drawing somewhere unfortunately).

But I also like to draw 'comic style' with ink and reduced shading.

'Anime style' was my big theme in my teenager years but I lost interest now.

My 'mural art' aimed at children looks completely different.

I also have a 'digital art style' but I mostly abandon it because drawing or coloring digitally doesn't satisfy me as much as creating art the traditional way. I am a fan of many digital artists though. Your art for example, the bright and elaborate coloring makes me so happy to look at. I love you

Here is an old example of my digital art, I call him Shroomie! I was reminded of this little fellow since I read here that Wendy said those Rootless Ones are something like 'mushroom elves'....I hope Shroomie never gets to meet one or he will be scared to death! Or maybe he'll faint because of the stink... Laughing
Character Design by Prayer - Page 2 12363314
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Character Design by Prayer   Character Design by Prayer - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 06, 2021 4:03 pm

Wow..i had no idea you had such a variety in drawing skill!! I'm envious lol. I'm glad you like my colorings still..i miss coloring your art. But then i don't have much time or motivation for coloring anymore.

Shroomie is very adorable. I could see him being a companion to Starry!
Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Character Design by Prayer   Character Design by Prayer - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 06, 2021 4:52 pm

I don't like your colorings, I absolutely adore them! I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you There is something cheerful and magical about your art. Like positive vibes as colours.

Okay, it is nice to look at older drawings and colorings we collaborated. Lovely memories and all easily recovered without endless scrolling (!) but by just finding the right folder in the art section.

Thanks! I now imagine the two together Very Happy Character Design by Prayer - Page 2 1f344  Character Design by Prayer - Page 2 1f31f
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Character Design by Prayer   Character Design by Prayer - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 06, 2021 8:05 pm

Sweet Star Girl! The eyes have become very beautiful.

But I do think that you have your own "handwriting" in drawing that is recognizable, even if you use different drawing styles.

Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Character Design by Prayer   Character Design by Prayer - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 07, 2021 9:56 am

Thank you so much, Yeee!

Aww that is nice to know, thanks. Smile

Back to top Go down
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Character Design by Prayer   Character Design by Prayer - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 08, 2021 10:39 pm

Star Girl is so real to me, she took me back fifty or sixty years to something I can't recall, like a dream one tries to remember upon awakening.

Shroomie would most likely be frightened by Trolls, who eat mushrooms.

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Character Design by Prayer   Character Design by Prayer - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 09, 2021 7:21 am

That is fascinating what you write about your reaction to Stargirl. Seems like a nostalgic feeling.

Haha, poor little Shroomie! ^^ Now he's hiding behind a tree, getting away from the mushroom loving trolls...

...and unfortunately gets shocked for life - because it's the weird boobie Rootless One!

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Character Design by Prayer   Character Design by Prayer - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 09, 2021 4:39 pm

rofl

Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Character Design by Prayer   Character Design by Prayer - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 6:26 am

I was drawing some elf characters lately. I saw my gel pens, took them, and this is what happened:

This little one is much inspired by beloved, young Suntop... sunny Her name is Mineah
Character Design by Prayer - Page 2 Img_2028

Here I wanted to draw a contrast to the sweet little elf before. Her name is Zetraya and she is a good archer and hunter. Blackfell
Character Design by Prayer - Page 2 Wood_e10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Character Design by Prayer   Character Design by Prayer - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Character Design by Prayer
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next