Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Those lost in Orlando Florida

Go down 
+6
wolfmoonsky
Zadzi
Leanan
Lunakat
Multi-Facets
G0lden
10 posters
AuthorMessage
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

Those lost in Orlando Florida Empty
PostSubject: Those lost in Orlando Florida   Those lost in Orlando Florida EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 9:29 pm

Well, it has happened yet again. Another mass shooting of innocents. This time a total of 50 people dead with more than 50 injured in a gay nightclub. Sadly this is home grown terrorism. Yes the gunman was Muslim, and sadly he allied himself to ISIS. Now, he is dead as well. when will this country come to grips and realize assult weapons do not belong in the hands of mere civilians. 50 souls gone and for what! Simply because he was offended because he just happened to see two gay men kiss in public. Blaming Muslims isn't going to help matters, but maybe if their religious leaders in this country started teaching that all lives matter, even those whose sexual orientation is different, instead of giving sound bites on the local news. There is a need of change on gun laws here in this country as well as starting to treat others better no matter the path they walk in their lives.

Love and prayers for the families that have lost a daughter, son, mother, father, and friend. As well as thoe who now must recover from their injuries from this senseless crime.

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Those lost in Orlando Florida   Those lost in Orlando Florida EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 10:05 pm

I have no words. Sad

Love and prayers for the families that have lost a daughter, son, mother, father, and friend. As well as thoe who now must recover from their injuries from this senseless crime. (need to borrow yours, G0lden)

Multi-Facets

Multi-Facets

Sagittarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: Those lost in Orlando Florida   Those lost in Orlando Florida EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 10:12 pm

To all my non-hetero family, I send you my love. I send you my hopes for your health and your healing. I send you wishes for peace. May we all live without fear one day.

Hang in there. We can do this together, somehow.

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Those lost in Orlando Florida   Those lost in Orlando Florida EmptyMon Jun 13, 2016 12:53 am

This is not an islamic problem. It's a homophobic problem cultivated here in this country.

Leanan

Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Those lost in Orlando Florida   Those lost in Orlando Florida EmptyMon Jun 13, 2016 9:26 am

Lunakat wrote:
This is not an islamic problem. It's a homophobic problem cultivated here in this country.

I agree.

And I grieve. Sad

Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Those lost in Orlando Florida   Those lost in Orlando Florida EmptyMon Jun 13, 2016 12:14 pm

Agreed, this was a hate crime, period. It's been denounced as one by the Council of Islamic-American Relations as well as by the Afghan president. The guy's parents didn't even think he was particularly religious, he just saw two men kissing in Miami and apparently it freaked him out. His ex wife basically called him mentally troubled, but I'm reluctant to blame the problem on mental illness only because that's also completely unfair to people who suffer from mental illness.

All religions have hardliners against gays, period, this isn't a Muslim problem. I've seen some pretty extremely vocal gay-bashing from a lot of Christian groups as well.

The problem isn't just that it's a hate crime, it's that this man, who had a lot of problems and was even questioned by the FBI back in 2013/2014 was STILL able to go and buy a ton of guns and assault rifles to do this, no questions asked. THIS is the problem, and it remains the biggest problem. I have never understood why Americans are so goddamn obsessed with their guns, but every time shootings happen this convo get thrown around in the media and nothing is able to change due to the gun lobby, and things like this continue to happen all the time. This was a lot more deaths, obviously - an extreme amount, the largest amount of people killed in a mass shooting in US history. But mass shootings are a HUGE problem in this country also, it's only in this country that we have such an enormous amount of them. And they will continue to happen, unfortunately, until gun laws actually become strict (probably never).

Those lost in Orlando Florida Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Those lost in Orlando Florida   Those lost in Orlando Florida EmptyMon Jun 13, 2016 12:16 pm

Embala wrote:
I have no words. Sad

Love and prayers for the families that have lost a daughter, son, mother, father, and friend. As well as thoe who now must recover from their injuries from this senseless crime. (need to borrow yours, G0lden)

I'm borrow this too, cause I can not find the words to say... Sad
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Those lost in Orlando Florida   Those lost in Orlando Florida EmptyTue Jun 14, 2016 1:04 am

Sadly, there is a thing called the Constitution. Second Amendment has lead those who are pro guns to use it as a battering ram against reasonable gun control. I live in California, yes we have had a mass shooting recently in San Bernardino. We also have some of the strictest gun control laws in the country. One of them is simple, no high capacity magazines. There is also one in regards to semi automatics. It doesn't mean that those who want these weapons for ill intent are not able to obtain them through other means.

Hopefully a time well come and we can allow those who wish to own guns obtain them in a legal manner and with strict gun control.

Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Those lost in Orlando Florida   Those lost in Orlando Florida EmptyTue Jun 14, 2016 1:41 am

I think Zadzi summed up what I've felt, but couldn't say.  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad There's no amount of words that can put any of this into any sense, let alone add comfort.  Sad  Sad  Sad

Cutter egg 2018 from Embala
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: Those lost in Orlando Florida   Those lost in Orlando Florida EmptyTue Jun 14, 2016 12:37 pm

I KNOW I logged in and posted earlier but when I came back I wasn't logged in and the post was gone.  Huh.

So many children, siblings and friends gone.  There is no world in which that is right.

Mr. Rogers said to look for the helpers.  Here's one story: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/06/13/florida-chick-fil-a-restaurants-opened-their-doors-sunday-to-feed-those-donating-blood-following-the-deadly-orlando-attack/
Back to top Go down
Tam

Tam

Leo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Those lost in Orlando Florida   Those lost in Orlando Florida EmptyMon Jun 27, 2016 10:50 pm

My heart is still broken over this. My people are being killed.
Back to top Go down
http://oakleafholt.boards.net
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: Those lost in Orlando Florida   Those lost in Orlando Florida EmptyMon Jun 27, 2016 11:13 pm

<hugs for Tam.>
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Those lost in Orlando Florida   Those lost in Orlando Florida EmptyTue Jun 28, 2016 1:55 pm

I wish you healing <hugs Tam>

G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Those lost in Orlando Florida   Those lost in Orlando Florida EmptyTue Jun 28, 2016 11:55 pm

Adding my hug for you as well Tam.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Those lost in Orlando Florida   Those lost in Orlando Florida Empty

Back to top Go down

Those lost in Orlando Florida
Page 1 of 1