Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family
 
HomePortalCalendarFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
namuhna

avatar

Posts : 82
Join date : 2015-03-27
Location : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:53 pm

Nah, I'm thinking Cutter is the figure in FutureQuest. I'm 100% convinced there's a reason Cutter and Strongbow were the ones we've been sorta shown, and that's because them being there doesn't spoil whatevers going to happen to them in the final quest. I definitively think something weird is gonna happen to strongbow, something that maybe makes this whole Moonshade-boringdrama worth it (i hope), but Cutters secret is out now.
I think that what's absolutely sure is that one version of Timtam is going to survive and become the mother of Jink and the Master of the Palace. However we still don't know which one, and we have no idea what happens to the other one. Whoever's in the palace sure seem like they want to be Cutter tho, looking like him and talking like him, but we didn't see his face because that would be the real spoiler.
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

avatar

Posts : 1300
Join date : 2015-07-11
Location : Always moving....

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:59 pm

I think Strongbow will die and go to the Palace and 'join' Moonshade. It's the only way he can join her really, I feel.

And yes, I feel Timmain will die but I have no idea how. I think however she just needs do.

___________________________________________________
Thank you for the beautiful banner, Embala  cheers

Back to top Go down
Lunakat

avatar

Posts : 2777
Join date : 2014-03-15
Location : On a rooftop, contemplating the moon

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:30 pm

Timmain will die because Skywise clearly isn't allowed to have a girlfriend... or a mom.

___________________________________________________
afro flower afro 
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnbYyTlz1Tw
Zadzi

avatar

Posts : 1300
Join date : 2015-07-11
Location : Always moving....

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:36 pm

She's going to die because Skywise can't tell the difference Razz

Sorry! I'm (sort of) kidding.

But I think if Timmain dies, I might start liking her again. Or if she becomes a wolf again.... I really like her as a wolf! She's so much more empathic.

___________________________________________________
Thank you for the beautiful banner, Embala  cheers

Back to top Go down
Lunakat

avatar

Posts : 2777
Join date : 2014-03-15
Location : On a rooftop, contemplating the moon

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:57 pm

Empathetic Wink

___________________________________________________
afro flower afro 
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnbYyTlz1Tw
Zadzi

avatar

Posts : 1300
Join date : 2015-07-11
Location : Always moving....

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:14 am

Whatever. Yeah, you're right Embarassed
More likable. You know what I mean.

___________________________________________________
Thank you for the beautiful banner, Embala  cheers

Back to top Go down
Zadzi

avatar

Posts : 1300
Join date : 2015-07-11
Location : Always moving....

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:17 am

I have a vision of Timmain dying while giving birth and then Skywise flips out and he's all traumatized because it's like his mom all over again, and is like this is why I can't have anything good. So Jink mind wipes him on autopilot out of healers sympathy. And they're all in the Palace, all the Sun Villagers, etc., everything. In fact, Shenshen comes back just for this and is like horrified.

___________________________________________________
Thank you for the beautiful banner, Embala  cheers

Back to top Go down
Sifra

avatar

Pisces Goat
Posts : 475
Join date : 2015-07-07
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:01 am

Timmain dying and Cutter staying alive would be the best solution. I would really like that.
I would also like it if Timmain would go back to being a wolf. I liked her more that way, too.
Maybe Jink will not be in the story at all? They retconned parts of New Blood out, too, after all.
Jink mindwiping Skywise, who has gone crazy with grief, sounds very interesting. I want her in the story just to see that. Wink

I really hope the conclusion of the Moonbore story will be good, too. Strongbow and Moonshade used to be amongst my favorite characters in the story, and now I don't like reading about them at all.
On the other hand, I have not liked Cutter since KotBW and now I feel sorry for him. I would freak out, too, if it was revealed I was one with someone creepy like Timmain.

___________________________________________________
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

avatar

Posts : 1300
Join date : 2015-07-11
Location : Always moving....

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:49 pm

I miss your comics, Sifra Smile

___________________________________________________
Thank you for the beautiful banner, Embala  cheers

Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

avatar

Sagittarius Tiger
Posts : 1140
Join date : 2015-11-07
Age : 30
Location : That really dull place.

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:55 pm

Skywise doesn't have girlfriends. Just females he plows.

___________________________________________________

'We're all broken, in different ways, in varying degrees.'
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

avatar

Posts : 2777
Join date : 2014-03-15
Location : On a rooftop, contemplating the moon

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:01 pm

Lol. Wasn't Foxfur his girlfriend, though? I mean- basically. And I definitely got the impression he was into Arorree before she kidnapped Cutter and his family, left everyone to die and the babynapped Windkin. I think that all together sort of killed the "this might be the girl for me" vibe. But he was still pretty nice to her afterward. Otherwise, yeah. I would agree about the rest.

___________________________________________________
afro flower afro 
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnbYyTlz1Tw
Lunakat

avatar

Posts : 2777
Join date : 2014-03-15
Location : On a rooftop, contemplating the moon

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:09 pm

Jink has to have had her own comic for a reason. And Wendy designed her. So it's not as if she were a non-canonical accident. We are probably not going to see her life story-- but it would be strange to not see the events leading to her birth. I (like 90% of everyone else) think her parents are probably going to turn out to be Timmain and Skywise. I guess it's pretty clear now how and why a future Cutter could call her "my daughter".

I tend to wonder, now, if Ember is going to die. She chose not to have a child and she is the last (so far) chief of the Wolfriders. If she died-- Timmorn's bloodline is gone for good. I think the choice the elves are going to have to make is between leaving in the Palace and completely blending into the world, like Shen Shen or the tree elves. But the Wolfrider way of life is not sustainable. If Ember dies-- it will drive that home.

___________________________________________________
afro flower afro 
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnbYyTlz1Tw
Shadowpath

avatar

Sagittarius Tiger
Posts : 1140
Join date : 2015-11-07
Age : 30
Location : That really dull place.

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:12 pm

@Lunakat wrote:
Lol. Wasn't Foxfur his girlfriend, though?
I'd say she would count.

___________________________________________________

'We're all broken, in different ways, in varying degrees.'
Back to top Go down
LurkingCat

avatar

Posts : 418
Join date : 2016-09-12
Location : Hiding in the shadows

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:50 pm

I think Moonshade and Strongbow will reconcile and for irony's sake Moonshade will die. That's why in the future Strongbow is in the Palace so he can be with her spirit because it is bound to the Palace...

@Zadzi wrote:
I have a vision of Timmain dying while giving birth and then Skywise flips out and he's all traumatized because it's like his mom all over again, and is like this is why I can't have anything good. So Jink mind wipes him on autopilot out of healers sympathy.

I second that.

___________________________________________________
cat
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

avatar

Posts : 1300
Join date : 2015-07-11
Location : Always moving....

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:11 pm

@LurkingCat wrote:
I think Moonshade and Strongbow will reconcile and for irony's sake Moonshade will die. That's why in the future Strongbow is in the Palace so he can be with her spirit because it is bound to the Palace...

Hey, that's good. I like that and it lines up with Futurequest.
What would Moonshade die of, hmmm.... I mean yeah there would really be something big, Moonshade dying after giving up her wolfblood and all of that stuff. I like that kind of tragedy.

As for Skywise... I agree with Shadowpath about no girlfriends, except for Foxfur of course.
I always felt he just felt sorry for Aroree but liked having floating glider style sex lol. They seemed more in a relationship during Dreamtime, but then that just kind of seemed to fade out during the whole Shards thing and post-Shards, when she decided to hang out with Venka.

___________________________________________________
Thank you for the beautiful banner, Embala  cheers

Back to top Go down
Zadzi

avatar

Posts : 1300
Join date : 2015-07-11
Location : Always moving....

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:16 pm

Also, didn't Timmain say something about how, if Skywise wished for a child of recognition or whatever, he would have that if he wanted? Meaning she'd probably be the one who carried Jink. At any rate, I wonder if Skywise would want a kid if maybe Yun got killed by one of the humans or something.
I really like Yun too, so that would suck.
But I also kind of feel slightly fixated on characters dying for 'stuff to happen' or something.

___________________________________________________
Thank you for the beautiful banner, Embala  cheers

Back to top Go down
Lunakat

avatar

Posts : 2777
Join date : 2014-03-15
Location : On a rooftop, contemplating the moon

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:02 pm

Why would Yun have to die for Skywise to choose to have a child with Timmain? It's not as if he raised her. He barely knows her. And it's not as if a person can only entertain one kid in their lifetime..

 Moonshade dying- that makes sense to me. All this build up has to be for something- right? But Yun...that just seems mean. For heck sake-- she just got there. The story has already killed his parents, his first girlfriend and his longtime fling-- in horribly violent ways-- and revealed  the only girl he's every really been into to be a brainwashed, backstabbing kidnapper with a clingy, spineless streak.

Speaking of Aroree-- I don't think that he felt sorry for her. I think he misinterpreted her. When he first met her-- she seemed fairly cool. She was hot, a competent fighter and hunter, someone who held an elite role among her people. She rode an enormous bird and she could fly on her own. She seemed to know a lot more about the world than he did and was more sophisticated. I mean-- she was attractive to him. And when she pulled the ultimate backstab (when someone leaves you to die- that's pretty low), he was apparently upset enough that-- years later-- he risked everything just ask her why.

From that point on-- yeah, I think he felt sorry for her. She turned out to be a little pathetic after all. But before that- he seemed really into her.

Skywise just gets screwed in his relationships. Anyone he's close to either dies or turns out to be something other than who he thought they were.

Cutter used to be the exception.

___________________________________________________
afro flower afro 
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnbYyTlz1Tw
Zadzi

avatar

Posts : 1300
Join date : 2015-07-11
Location : Always moving....

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:15 pm

I meant later, after finding out she was brainwashed, sticking with her felt like he was sorry for her or something. Before that, yes, you're right - absolutely. She definitely didn't seem to have such excessive....baggage. At any rate, the whole thing just seemed to fizzle out anyway, so it doesn't matter.
I just always got the impression that Skywise was pretty hung up on Cutter and the family. Like overly dependent and attached. And what was that freakout he had about the Palace being moved in FQ? He was all OMG I can't see you all the time! It's not like they were that far away, they could still hang out together on occasion and everything. After all, he had been separated from him in Shards, and survived it. Not that he liked it, but it was okay.


Anyway, like I said, I don't actually want Yun to die. I just want something to happen lol. I'm obsessed with death lately to move things along in some new way .

So far we've speculated that Pike or Redlance were going to die and it ended up being Filcher  rofl
Of course it was still very poignant and sweet and touching, so I have no complaints. I'm just gobsmacked by how far off the mark we all were, thinking it was, you know, an actual longtime character maybe?

So I just wonder about the Moonshade thing. I LIKE the possibility of her dying in this ultimate, tragic twist. I'm just not sure if would happen. I don't know, what if Wendy feels that killing her off would be like 'punishing' her for making choices, and being true to herself? In a lot of ways I can see Strongbow being 'punished' because he's not 'bending' or yielding at all, and he's reached some kind of spiritual/emotional impasse. We're assuming that Strongbow lives because he's in Futurequest, but is Futurequest even canon? I know Jink is, but I'm not sure about the other stuff.

As to whoever was saying Ember would die... well, speaking of characters with abandonment issues, that would just set Teir off into a tailspin from hell, probably.

___________________________________________________
Thank you for the beautiful banner, Embala  cheers

Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

avatar

Sagittarius Tiger
Posts : 1140
Join date : 2015-11-07
Age : 30
Location : That really dull place.

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:45 am

Skywise never struck me as somebody who wants to have children. (I imagine he worries it would somehow get in the way of his hip-thrusts towards women?)
Wasn't his first instinct to run off when he saw Yun? Or was the danish version just being weird on that point? O_o

___________________________________________________

'We're all broken, in different ways, in varying degrees.'
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

avatar

Posts : 2777
Join date : 2014-03-15
Location : On a rooftop, contemplating the moon

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:01 am


I could easily see Timmain dying - because Skywise clearly isn't allowed to have a girlfriend.

I could see her dying in childbirth-- if it happened away from any healer's and for some reason her self shaping couldn't compensate-- because I think he doesn't have enough mommy issues yet, and that would really round it out. Plus it would automatically give him something in common with his kid.

I think she probably does have to die at some point. I mean-- she is really old. I could see her sacrificing herself. I could see her turning into a wolf again and running away-- but being pregnant and giving birth as a wolf to an elf baby, and having that not work so well. Humans could come. Lots of things could happen.

Skywise and Timmain could both die-- then Cutter would have to raise the baby.

___________________________________________________
afro flower afro 
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnbYyTlz1Tw
Zadzi

avatar

Posts : 1300
Join date : 2015-07-11
Location : Always moving....

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:26 am

@Shadowpath wrote:
(I imagine he worries it would somehow get in the way of his hip-thrusts towards women?)
Wasn't his first instinct to run off when he saw Yun? Or was the danish version just being weird on that point? O_o
Shadowpath, you're awful lol. I just was reading this at a bar and nearly squirted rum out of my nostrils lol!

@Lunakat. Yeah,I'm of the same mind about a lot of what you say. I don't think Timmain needs to die because of anything having to do with Skywise though. I just think character-wise, she's somehow reached her pinnacle in EQ. There's nowhere else for her to go. I feel her decision to lay down her life and skin would make sense, Wolf-wise.
Thinking of her morphing into a wolf to give birth kind of freaks me out, but it would be one of those full circle perfections.....
I actually do think she's happier as a wolf, and why shouldn't she be,

___________________________________________________
Thank you for the beautiful banner, Embala  cheers

Back to top Go down
Miss Gillespie

avatar

Posts : 492
Join date : 2015-04-25
Location : Shanghai

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:36 am

Aroree's character in OQ and then later doesn't really seem to be the same, maybe she is the primordial redcon?

They will find a way to have Timmain die in childbirth if needed, the story is forced quite often in FiQi. Well Brill gave birth far from a healer, so it's not unthinkable. Maybe she will fall to death, because the nest Skywise made atop the trees (in memory of his mum), had construction issues.

However, since we will not see Jink in FiQu and we don't have that many issues left, maybe we will not see her back story at all (no matter whether she is a 'Wendy elf' or not), as in 'her existence will not happen'.

Jink theory updated: she is the child of Skywise and Timmain. Both die at her birth (Skywise 2.0), but before Skywise asks Cutter to look after her. Jink is Cutter's daughter because:
1. He adopted her
2. She is the child of his soul brother
3. She is the child of his higher self

Later, Jink removes Cutter's wolfblood, the best part of him (i.e. that one thing that distinguishes him from Timmain). Cutter then becomes the master of the palace

I wonder if the other elves ever find out about TimTam. The 'archer' in FuQi calls the master of the palace 'my chief', right? Shouldn't he call him mother >Smile

___________________________________________________
It's a dolphin!
Back to top Go down
LurkingCat

avatar

Posts : 418
Join date : 2016-09-12
Location : Hiding in the shadows

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:49 am

@Shadowpath wrote:
Skywise never struck me as somebody who wants to have children.

Me, too. Before he met Yun, he was all "Children? Recognition? Nah....!" But lately I got the feeling it is set up storywise, that he wants a child because he somehow regrets to not have raised Yun.  For instance here in "Full Circle" and in FQ there were similar scenes where he expresses his regret (indirectly), like here. (On the other hand in "Discovery" he still seems to mock the idea of recognition/child raising...)

@Shadowpath wrote:
Wasn't his first instinct to run off when he saw Yun?

No: In Shards 16 he just thinks an page 8: "A daughter! So even if I fly far away from the World of Two Moons, a part of me will remain!" Her first instinct was not to get to know him, she decided to go with Ember's tribe Wink And in FQ 5 he shows his affection to her in sneak hugging her.

I think Yun will not give up her wolfsblood and stay on TWoTW. She represents Skywise lost Wolfrider side. (So I interpret the scene in FQ with Pike, Newstar, Ohler and Ember at the Father tree.) She will find her natural end eventually so...

@Miss Gillespie wrote:
Jink theory updated: she is the child of Skywise and Timmain. Both die at her birth (Skywise 2.0), but before Skywise asks Cutter to look after her. Jink is Cutter's daughter because:
1. He adopted her
2. She is the child of his soul brother
3. She is the child of his higher self

Later, Jink removes Cutter's wolfblood, the best part of him (i.e. that one thing that distinguishes him from Timmain). Cutter then becomes the master of the palace

This is also my second theory about Jink's parentage and the Palace Master.

___________________________________________________
cat
Back to top Go down
Prism

avatar

Posts : 334
Join date : 2016-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:11 am

All I know, from the few spoiler pictures I've seen is that Cutter seems to be tripping on something. Maybe the Spooky Fungus have Magic Mushroom DNA.
Back to top Go down
LurkingCat

avatar

Posts : 418
Join date : 2016-09-12
Location : Hiding in the shadows

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)   Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:19 am

@Prism wrote:
All I know, from the few spoiler pictures I've seen is that Cutter seems to be tripping on something. Maybe the Spooky Fungus have Magic Mushroom DNA.

Do you mean the one which is also the cover of FQ 12? He was tripping because of the TimTam revelation.

___________________________________________________
cat
Back to top Go down
 
Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 9 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Final Quest #16 cover revealed (spoilers)
» The Final Quest
» Final Quest #9
» Final Quest #10
» Final Quest #11

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Father Tree Holt :: ElfQuest Comic Discusions-
Jump to: